Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (Lakers Get 46th Pick/Talen Horton-Tucker, Sign Cacok, Norvell, Caroline)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 297, 298, 299 ... 439, 440, 441  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
epak wrote:
Any concerns about Bol's season getting cut short due to injury? (9 games played)

then Garland a whole 5 games played

little different when you are considering Bol's injury and the injuries history with very tall players.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
bol bol is the next hasheem thabeet

Except good and with guard skills.

If only Bron was willing to share his HGH with Bol, I’d take the risk on him at 4. But seeing that BI has yet to gain weight or size I’m reluctant to draft Bol. Don’t trust our player dev team enough

Fingers crossed Jeanie sells the team in the next five years and new ownership cleans house.

I too dream to one day see this team run like an elite franchise instead of a mom and pop taco stand
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Bol ahead of RJ Barrett?
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Bol ahead of RJ Barrett?

Higher ceiling but much greater risk. Would not take Bol over RJ.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Is it fair to say that Bol's bust potential is one of the highest in this draft?

Certainly. He could be a rookie-contract-and-out guy even if he stays healthy.

My thoughts on his reported motor/attitude issues are 1) most lazy young big men play like Moses Brown and don't bother to put in the work to have guard skill at 7'1.5 that Bol has and 2) the kid has serious resting (bleep) face that plays into misperceptions of his "passion for the game" and such.

I wonder if he's a guy that kept his foot off the gas a bit to protect his health ahead of the NBA draft. He's still an injury risk obviously, but we might not have seen his max effort and he still showed plenty of tantalizing stuff.

I feel like if we take him, it's an Andrew Bynum pick. If you really want to keep him, he's probably not helping you until next year at the earliest? But he might have a lot of trade value if you play him 4-5 minutes a game and he hits an open 3 and gets a monster block or two (Lebron: ship his ass out!). The Pels just hired away someone from the Suns vaunted training staff, so they might feel better about conditioning Bol and pairing him with Zion. A 7-foot shot blocker that can stand at the 3-point line is pretty exciting for any team.

Last edited by pjiddy on Wed May 22, 2019 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Is it fair to say that Bol's bust potential is one of the highest in this draft?

My thoughts on his reported motor/attitude issues are 1) most lazy young big men play like Moses Brown and don't bother to put in the work to have guard skill at 7'1.5 that Bol has and 2) the kid has serious resting (bleep) face that plays into misperceptions of his "passion for the game" and such.

Same stuff said about Robinson the center for the knicks..zzzzz...zzzzzz

here is a vid for you of this LAZY GUY

Here are his highlights against Syracuse:

Just impressive touch from all over the court.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

Same stuff said about Robinson the center for the knicks..zzzzz...zzzzzz

here is a vid for you of this LAZY GUY

Here are his highlights against Syracuse:

Just impressive touch from all over the court.

He's got such a sexy fluid skillset for being 7'2
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

I wonder if he's a guy that kept his foot off the gas a bit to protect his health ahead of the NBA draft. He's still an injury risk obviously, but we might not have seen his max effort and he still showed plenty of tantalizing stuff.

I feel like if we take him, it's an Andrew Bynum pick. If you really want to keep him, he's probably not helping you until next year at the earliest? But he might have a lot of trade value if you play him 4-5 minutes a game and he hits an open 3 and gets a monster block or two (Lebron: ship his ass out!). The Pels just hired away someone from the Suns vaunted training staff, so they might feel better about conditioning Bol and pairing him with Zion. A 7-foot shot blocker that can stand at the 3-point line is pretty exciting for any team.

I thought he played hard at Oregon from the three full games and highlights I saw, but he definitely seemed to loaf in HS where I can imagine he was trying to do just enough to stay healthy and get out.

He might be the perfect pairing next to Zion, so that would be fun to see. Great thought! A Zo/Zion/Bol core would make the Pels a top League Pass team for me for years to come. How sexy would that be?
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Bol ahead of RJ Barrett?

Higher ceiling: are we expecting Bol to acquire ball handling skill and a 3 point jump shot? Am I over ranking RJ’s motor at the pro level? Cuz Bol over Barrett just does not add up to me. Educate me if I’m off base.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
epak wrote:
Any concerns about Bol's season getting cut short due to injury? (9 games played)

little different when you are considering Bol's injury and the injuries history with very tall players.

Apparently Bol didn't impress at the combine. Garland impressed someone enough to make him a promise. Probably some dumb team who lets the media tell them what to think though, amirite?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Bol ahead of RJ Barrett?

Higher ceiling: are we expecting Bol to acquire ball handling skill and a 3 point jump shot? Am I over ranking RJ’s motor at the pro level? Cuz Bol over Barrett just does not add up to me. Educate me if I’m off base.

Bol shot 52% on 3s over nine games.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Bol ahead of RJ Barrett?

He already has ball handling skills and a 3 point shot. He needs to get stronger and put on weight. I don't think anyone would take Bol over RJ but his ceiling is definitely higher. Not many dudes legit over 7 feet that have the guard skills Bol has.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Bol ahead of RJ Barrett?

Impressive. What schools did Oregon play in that span?

@Juggernaut: so would you personally take him at 4; if you were picking for the Lakers? And you think he has ball handling skill to shake a guy off the dribble?

I understand his role as a center is to plant and pivot. And Bol would probably be used more like a Brolo, but still... if you put him up against a Giannis, or Embiid, or Anthony Bennett, you see Bol Bol worth the 4th pick?

Can he guard a Brolo or a Vucevic, a Blake Griffin or a Joker... or even a Lauri? Is his foot work pro ready? Or is he a project?

Really not trying to contradict here, guys, but if our goal is playoffs and championship this year. We need a pro center. A center that ready to go a full season and bang against some literal all star western conf centers - as in multiple all star centers including Dray... in a best of 7. Bol Bol at 4? I’m not feeling it, man. But we got great scouts... so I could be wrong. Maybe he is the difference.

Last edited by €H£M£$TR¥ on Wed May 22, 2019 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject:

I love Grant Williams so much: https://twitter.com/ZachMilner13/status/1129502466112798720
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
epak wrote:

Apparently Bol didn't impress at the combine. Garland impressed someone enough to make him a promise. Probably some dumb team who lets the media tell them what to think though, amirite?

wouldn't put it past Klutch to try to raise his stock and trick teams into thinking he has a top 5 promise and hoping Lakers or Knicks take him.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Bol ahead of RJ Barrett?

Impressive. What schools did Oregon play in that span?

@Juggernaut: so would you personally take him at 4; if you were picking for the Lakers? And you think he has ball handling skill to shake a guy off the dribble?

I understand his role as a center is to plant and pivot. And Bol would probably be used more like a Brolo, but still... if you put him up against a Giannis, or Embiid, or Anthony Bennett, you see Bol Bol worth the 4th pick?

Can he guard a Brolo or a Vucevic, a Blake Griffin or a Joker... or even a Lauri? Is his foot work pro ready? Or is he a project?

Bol is going to get his butt kicked in man defense to start his career and may never develop the strength to really bang against the Embiids of the league. I like him more than most as a perimeter defender - he'll look silly at times guarding out to the 3pt line, but he'll also swallow up jumpshooters at times, too, with his length and timing - though a coach should have a good zone in their back pocket to maximize/protect Bol on defense to start his career.

Here's Oregon's schedule: link. Bol played in the first nine games.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

That's fair. The fact that he makes Brandon Ingram look swole is the part that makes me the most nervous.

If his Oregon weight was legit - 235 - there's at least hope he can bulk up 20-25 pounds in time. But colleges can suck at reporting accurate measurements and even if true, there's an outstanding question if his feet can handle that much weight.

I get teams being risk averse and not drafting him top 10. If I were Sam Hinkie, I'd take what I see as a home run swing and hope I connected over settling for one of the mirage safe base hits in the lottery this year.

Like, I'm struggling to think of a better combo pop and lob big than what Bol could be in the NBA right now - KAT and JJJ have wingspan but not as much bounce while Embiid hasn't been good from deep since his rookie year. A Rudy Gobert-esque lob threat who can shoot 40% from deep and attack hard closeouts has me thinking.

I forgot Porzingis. He's the prototype lob/pop big.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
epak wrote:

wouldn't put it past Klutch to try to raise his stock and trick teams into thinking he has a top 5 promise and hoping Lakers or Knicks take him.

I think that would be a very poor agency strategy that really has no upside for Klutch.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject:

How much better is Temetrius than Darius? Just saw Temetrius' interview on “Take It There” with Taylor Rooks S1E7, and he sounded like a good kid.
Jack's Room
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Bol ahead of RJ Barrett?

He already has ball handling skills and a 3 point shot. He needs to get stronger and put on weight. I don't think anyone would take Bol over RJ but his ceiling is definitely higher. Not many dudes legit over 7 feet that have the guard skills Bol has.

This is not a foregone conclusion. Bol's sample size is tiny (25 three-point attempts at Oregon). In high school he shot 5 of 29 from a shorter 3PT line. If we combine them, he's 18 for 54 (33.3%), and it's still too small sample size to be definitive.

That doesn't mean Bol hasn't improved since high school or can't develop a 3PT shot, but it's important not to get carried away with a sample size of 25. The one thing going for him is that he shot 77.2% from the free throw line (122 of 158) in high school and college combined. That bodes well for him.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject:

Jack's Room wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Bol ahead of RJ Barrett?

This is not a foregone conclusion. Bol's sample size is tiny (25 three-point attempts at Oregon). In high school he shot 5 of 29 from a shorter 3PT line. If we combine them, he's 18 for 54 (33.3%), and it's still too small sample size to be definitive.

That doesn't mean Bol hasn't improved since high school or can't develop a 3PT shot, but it's important not to get carried away with a sample size of 25. The one thing going for him is that he shot 77.2% from the free throw line (122 of 158) in high school and college combined. That bodes well for him.

He shot 49% from 3 against superior EYBL competition in 15 games.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:59 am    Post subject:

Bol Bol has "career ending injury in 3-5 years" written all over him.

I really wish Lakers fans would stop obsessing over players that just aren't that good.

THT
Matisse
Bol Bol
Sekou

Dude...seriously? If they get drafted by the right team, could they overachieve like Kuzma? Sure. That's like playing the lottery as a career.

Come back to reality, guys. LOL.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:01 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

I really wish Lakers fans would stop obsessing over players that just aren't that good.

THT
Matisse
Bol Bol
Sekou

Dude...seriously? If they get drafted by the right team, could they overachieve like Kuzma? Sure. That's like playing the lottery as a career.

The reality splainer has logged on.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:58 am    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
epak wrote:

smh..they said he was bad because of his WEIGHT THAT WAS IT...they said the same because DURANT WAS DEAD LAST IN LIFTING WEIGHTS AT THE COMBINE....UMMM would you take DURANT right now? pffft lmao!!!...I wouldnt take him because he cant LIFT WEIGHTS...LMAO!!!
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:06 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

THT
Matisse
Bol Bol
Sekou

How you know? did you call miss CLEO? WHAT happen to his dad or KG which both had similar build?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 297, 298, 299 ... 439, 440, 441  Next
Page 298 of 441
Jump to: