OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1333, 1334, 1335 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 12:20 am    Post subject:

Colin Cowherd plays the Free Agent Dating Game:

laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:15 am    Post subject:

One thing the FO has to watch out for is that players using wanting to go to the Lakers to get leverage. They want bigger contracts so say they want to go to the Lakers to get more money. But they are not necessarily sincere.
PG for example.

The Lakers are not the prime franchise that the players want to play for anymore. Even the Clippers appear to be a better destination.

This can change but only if the FO gets smart and repair its image.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
MDA is one of the best coaches in the game today.

D'Antoni is a great - one of the all-time greats - regular season coach. He designs his team's offense and is a mastermind at piling up the wins in the RS. However he has never been able to see beyond that. The difference in him and a championship level coach is that the latter sees the entire picture. D'Antoni is entertaining for most and will help you get much higher playoff seeding if the team is built (or already) fits his vision. He's basically this era's Don Nelson. I've always made that argument comparing Don Nelson and MDA. When he was Laker coach in 2012, I read every narrative possible, but in the end results speak for themselves. The great coaches have taken some of his plays on offense and managed the other aspects of the game to win a title, medal etc. D'Antoni gets stuck and clings onto the one style he wants to play. In PHX it was Nash S/R and SSOL. In Houston it is Harden ISO's. In NY and LA he was never able to find that play that worked around his star or stars, so he failed. However I think he's done a very good job in PHX and HOU. You can't argue against that. But, one can definitely see the difference in playoff basketball and RS basketball.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Colin Cowherd plays the Free Agent Dating Game:

If there’s one thing you shouldn’t do is listen to this idiot. I’ll never forget last year when there were rumors of Bron coming here...Kuz and Zo did that rap song dissing each other. Herd went on the radio and adamantly said “Congrats Lakers this is the day you lost LeBron James.” Hes all about ratings and nothing else.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

Every year there’s that WOJ bomb right at the start so this year it will be at 3:01pst. One year it was CP3 WILL ONLY SIGN WITH LAC. NOT TAKING ANY MEETINGS. im assuming this years bomb will be Klay to Gsw on a max deal
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject:

Mike dantoni is not that good. What he proved is that if you have an all time great in his prime handling the ball a ton and with the green light to do whatever he wants, you win games in the regular season. He had an opportunity with the lakers to actually show that he could do more than follow that one prescription and he failed.

As far as FA, all I want is vucevich. Then trade the #4 + whatever to get a SG that can shoot.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
What if we're waiting on Kawhi this Summer and while he thinks it over, Butler and Kyrie get pissed they weren't the first option and sign elsewhere?

I would suspect that, due mostly to LeBron’s recruiting over the next five weeks, the Lakers are going to have a very good idea of who might be coming well in advance of June 30.

Yes, Paul George is locked in as a Laker.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If we sign Irving some of the guys who played for them during the Cavs era might show interest in us..

Tristan Thompson
Kyle Korver
J.R. Smith

Is this a tanking or not tanking idea?
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

One thing have to agree with is the Lakers must go after the realistic options first rather than spinning wheels.

Offer Kawhi and Irving, but if they say no or no response, quickly go to plan B.

Offer Butler, Kemba and whoever else is on plan B.

Most likely is the plan B or plan C players that the Lakers will get if at all.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
According to my sources Tilman Fertitta made the decision to pick up #Rockets  head coach Mike D’Antoni’s option for the 2019-20 season. Daryl Morey was never fully on-board, which is why he’s now firing MDA’s assistants

https://twitter.com/landrylocker/status/1132061016488054785?s=21

That's really surprising. He's done a great job. It's not his fault Morey only gives him undersized shooters and bigs who can't shoot at all.

D'Antoni is not a good coach. His offensive system actually sucks especially in the playoffs. Just iso iso iso and jack up 3s. No ball movement.

Yeah cuz Harden ISO is pretty much the best odds of them scoring. He's going off Morey's analytics. Chris Paul is aging before our eyes. No one else on that team creates their own shot. Their best scoring wings are 6'4 and under (Gordon and Rivers). Capella has no range outside of 3 feet. MDA made that team a WCF-caliber team. They had to miss 27 3s against one of the greatest teams of all time to come up just short of making the Finals but I guess that was MDA's sucky system's fault. Please clean these dead bananas.

C'mon man, how much more talent does MDA need to win it all?? Morey has given him a perfect roster for his system. The Rockets weren't lacking talent. MDA's Suns teams were stacked as (bleep) and he still couldn't even get to the finals. I get that he's the godfather of the current space and pace era and is a gifted offensive coordinator but he doesn't have the championship leadership or in series/game adjustments necessary to win crucial playoff games.

It doesn’t help that he has been trying to get past the best team in the last 50 years. We can’t even make the playoffs after adding a top 5 player.
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
What if we're waiting on Kawhi this Summer and while he thinks it over, Butler and Kyrie get pissed they weren't the first option and sign elsewhere?

I would suspect that, due mostly to LeBron’s recruiting over the next five weeks, the Lakers are going to have a very good idea of who might be coming well in advance of June 30.

I fail to see how this has any relevance to what I said. Please explain.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

Rockets fans wishing to trade CP3 to us for Ingram + Hart + Mo

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/nba-rumors-would-rockets-trade-chris-paul-after-dust-up-with-james-harden-8-trade-ideas-lakers.299127/
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Try exploring back a year ago when we were sure in advance of June 30 that George was coming here. We didn’t have a good idea, we were wrong. Nothing is given.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/nba-rumors-would-rockets-trade-chris-paul-after-dust-up-with-james-harden-8-trade-ideas-lakers.299127/

An old CP3 and that contract is not even worth a nacho chip from the staples center floor.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Try exploring back a year ago when we were sure in advance of June 30 that George was coming here. We didn’t have a good idea, we were wrong. Nothing is given.

wink ! wink !
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Nooooooooo...
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Ventura if u remember there was a report 2 weeks prior to free agency last year that said LeBron was a little concerned because he didn’t believe PG was coming so there is some truth to some guys knowing where they’re going.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Nooooooooo...

Absurd....maybe Hart, Caruso and Wagner....delusional
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

2 unprotected 1st's to take CP3 (and his toxic contract and personality) off their hands. His contract comes up with LJ's and Deng's.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

PassTheBooze wrote:
Kuzma and Lopez. Hilarious. Can you name a softer front court?

Any with Kuzma or James as the small ball center.

A strategy I hope to never see resurrected.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

Quote:
There is growing concern in Philadelphia that Jimmy Butler could wind up signing with the Lakers come July 1, but the Sixers might be able to at least get something in return. Essentially, Elton Brand could facilitate a pick swap with Rob Pelinka that would give the Sixers the No. 4 pick overall and the Lakers the No. 24 overall pick. Los Angeles would receive Butler in a sign-and-trade.

I read this from a website called Metro with some writer from Boston. Must be the dumbest Lakers take I’ve heard in a minute. Even dumber than Ingram for CP3. Why would the Lakers have to sign and trade Butler for the 4th pick when we could have both? Stupid.
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

1. LeBron wasn’t directly and actively recruiting for us last summer. He agreed on July 1 and immediately left for Europe. We didn’t get a single report (or social media activity) of him recruiting free agents.

2. I didn’t say anything was given. I said with LeBron’s active efforts and relationships with players, the Lakers should have a sense of who might be joining before June 30. Last summer without LeBron and this summer with him are different.

Not to mention that PG is a terrible example to use. In the couple weeks leading up to free agency there was already a LOT of buzz that he’d be re-signing with OKC.

Last edited by Rubin on Sat May 25, 2019 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Quote:
There is growing concern in Philadelphia that Jimmy Butler could wind up signing with the Lakers come July 1, but the Sixers might be able to at least get something in return. Essentially, Elton Brand could facilitate a pick swap with Rob Pelinka that would give the Sixers the No. 4 pick overall and the Lakers the No. 24 overall pick. Los Angeles would receive Butler in a sign-and-trade.

I read this from a website called Metro with some writer from Boston. Must be the dumbest Lakers take I’ve heard in a minute. Even dumber than Ingram for CP3. Why would the Lakers have to sign and trade Butler for the 4th pick when we could have both? Stupid.

Unless I'm mistaken that would allow us to sign another max beforehand due to salarythings , right ?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

Day wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Quote:

Unless I'm mistaken that would allow us to sign another max beforehand due to salarythings , right ?

And we would have a lot of roster spots since we would need to trade 5-6 players to get Butler.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

1. LeBron wasn’t directly and actively recruiting for us last summer. He agreed on July 1 and immediately left for Europe. We didn’t get a single report (or social media activity) of him recruiting free agents.

2. I didn’t say anything was given. I said with LeBron’s active efforts and relationships with players, the Lakers should have a sense of who might be joining before June 30. Last summer without LeBron and this summer with him are different.

Not to mention that PG is a terrible example to use. In the couple weeks leading up to free agency there was already a LOT of buzz that he’d be re-signing with OKC.

Right, an example that doesn’t jive with the popular opinion is a terrible example.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1333, 1334, 1335 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1334 of 8560
Jump to: