Irving to Lakers? (SAS: Kyrie forcing his way to Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:03 am    Post subject:

Kyrie and Ball could fit together, and I see why there would be excitement for that backcourt. However if we sign Kyrie, I think we should move on from Ball and other young players, to get the right veteran talent ready to go for a title next season.

Last season in Boston, Kyrie made is clear he was frustrated playing with young players who did not consistently do their roles.

When you have LBJ and then Kyrie. You need to surround them with as many 3nD role players as possible. You look for a big man that can do something at a higher level, to balance out the floor.

Having Ball, Ingram, Kuzma and then not having enough 3nD role players or an impact bigman, would be worthless. You're not going to win a ring or realistically compete with that young core and LBJ/Kyrie. You gotta go get the 3nD role players and the impact big, and the only way to do that is to trade the young players in that scenario.

I'm not saying this is what I want to happen, as I've said many times I am fine with keeping the young core and adding a stand out elite shooter at the wing and an impact big, basically 2 free agents that split the capspace, instead of signing a veteran max player to a massive 4 year contract.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:53 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Kyrie and Ball could fit together, and I see why there would be excitement for that backcourt. However if we sign Kyrie, I think we should move on from Ball and other young players, to get the right veteran talent ready to go for a title next season.

Last season in Boston, Kyrie made is clear he was frustrated playing with young players who did not consistently do their roles.

When you have LBJ and then Kyrie. You need to surround them with as many 3nD role players as possible. You look for a big man that can do something at a higher level, to balance out the floor.

Having Ball, Ingram, Kuzma and then not having enough 3nD role players or an impact bigman, would be worthless. You're not going to win a ring or realistically compete with that young core and LBJ/Kyrie. You gotta go get the 3nD role players and the impact big, and the only way to do that is to trade the young players in that scenario.

I'm not saying this is what I want to happen, as I've said many times I am fine with keeping the young core and adding a stand out elite shooter at the wing and an impact big, basically 2 free agents that split the capspace, instead of signing a veteran max player to a massive 4 year contract.

Top of list: AD but won't be surprised if trading for K.Love also gonna be talked about if we do get Kyrie. There's also Rudy Gay available if you want another stretch big
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:34 am    Post subject:

I'd like to see Kyrie/Bullock/Ingram/Lebron and a trade where Kuzma/Ball went out for the best possible starting 5 we could find.

For AD, I'd love to snatch him for Ingram/Ball/#4 pick (and more assets), but I don't see the Pelicans wanting to do business with Lakers. It's a great offer.

However - Yes - Kyrie/Bullock/Kuzma/Lebron/Davis. Sick man. Sick. I'd love it. We pretty much have everything we need in that lineup to compete and win a title.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject:

I would make a play for Turner for the 5. He is locked up at a reasonable 4yrs/18 per. The kid could be a breakout player. He stretches the floor and plays D.

https://8points9seconds.com/2019/02/27/myles-turner-defensive-player-year/
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I would make a play for Turner for the 5. He is locked up at a reasonable 4yrs/18 per. The kid could be a breakout player. He stretches the floor and plays D.

https://8points9seconds.com/2019/02/27/myles-turner-defensive-player-year/

I like Myles. But why would Indy trade him?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject:

There was some grumbling from several of their fan base that either Turner or Sabonis should be traded because they do not mesh well. Most want to move Turner. Turner makes more money as Sabonis is still on his rookie deal. There are a ton of links talking about trading one of them. Here is another interesting link:

https://clutchpoints.com/teams-that-should-consider-trading-for-myles-turner-this-summer/.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
There was some grumbling from several of their fan base that either Turner or Sabonis should be traded because they do not mesh well. Most want to move Turner. Turner makes more money as Sabonis is still on his rookie deal. There are a ton of links talking about trading one of them. Here is another interesting link:

https://clutchpoints.com/teams-that-should-consider-trading-for-myles-turner-this-summer/.

it would take BI + #4
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

If we know Kyrie is locked up, I would do Zo, Bonga, and the #4 for Turner and 2 of their guys who do not have guarantees on their contracts. Essentially, we would only be taking on 2 million in extra cap (the #4 will make 5.8 and we can cut the 2 scrubs they send us).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
If we know Kyrie is locked up, I would do Zo, Bonga, and the #4 for Turner and 2 of their guys who do not have guarantees on their contracts. Essentially, we would only be taking on 2 million in extra cap (the #4 will make 5.8 and we can cut the 2 scrubs they send us).

Turner is a DPOY level C who can shoot 3's and run the court. He's got significantly more value than #4 and Isaac Bonga
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

What if we signed Kyrie and did a S&T for Beal? Trade Lonzo and the #4.

Kyrie / Caruso
Beal / Hart
Ingram / LeBron / Kuz
LeBron / Kuz
McGee / FA / Mo
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Turner is a DPOY level C who can shoot 3's and run the court. He's got significantly more value than #4 and Isaac Bonga

He included Lonzo too.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

It’s a Laker fan syndrome. Always overrating our guys.

BI and one of Kuz/4/Lonzo
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
2019 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Remember how LG used to overrate DLo. Crazy times man.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
2019 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Turner would be a great get, but it would cost a lot to us asset wise, and I'm not sure Indiana's motive. They have a good core of players with Turner as their big, Oladipo as their all-star level guard, Bogdanovic as a sniper at the wing and some other young starting level young talent in Sabonis.

The move for them is to flip Sabonis for a better scoring 2-way wing.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
2019 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Not overrating anyone. I included Zo in the trade (someone could not read). So you are saying BI and the 4, I said Zo and the 4. The Pacers need a PG, and they get an extra year of control with Zo. I think that package is more attractive to them. They may look to resign Bojan so that would negate the need for BI.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

1. LeBron
2. Kyrie
3. Ingram
4. Ball
5. Dedmon/Lopez/Cousins at RE

6. Kuzma
7. Hart
8. Culver/Hunter/Garland
9.McGee/Noel/Vonleh
10. Caruso

That team is good enough to contend for a championship IMO
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I think Ball knows his role exactly on that team and it is to do the little things. Kuzma needs to accept the 6th man position; however, hes making less than $2m next year. His skill level waaaay outperforms his contract. Ingram is the only person I worry about and role. He wants to be an alpha but will clearly eat 3rd.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

If they are guaranteed contracts then they still count against our cap.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
YSong wrote:
2019 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

The guy who is an all star? Maybe think before posting.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
YSong wrote:
2019 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

Day wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
YSong wrote:
2019 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

who's he? BennyLava? VLF? YSong? or 2019?
Vottomatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
YSong wrote:
2019 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

It's pretty obvious he was being sarcastic haha
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

it would take BI + #4

Lol no
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
2019 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

it would take BI + #4

Lol no

pass
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

it would take BI + #4

So the hype after his rookie season still resonates with you? 4 solid yrs under his belt, numbers don't fluctuate much. Looks to me like a nice career role player. BI's trajectory seems a little more promising going fro 9 to 16 to 18 even with LeBron.

If you want to do this deal, there is no need to be throwing in a 4th pick. Fans have a tendency to think grass is always greener elsewhere, so the players elsewhere must be worth more than ours.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 23 of 55
Jump to: