Harden Paul Beef??????????

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: Harden Paul Beef??????????

The latest piece of information comes from Shams Charania of The Athletic:

(James) Harden and (Chris) Paul had tense moments with one another throughout Game 6, culminating in a verbal back-and-forth postgame that went into the locker room, sources with knowledge of the situation told The Athletic. Sources said the verbal exchange between Harden and Paul was regarding the ball distribution throughout Game 6.

The Game 6 referenced above is the Golden State Warriors' second-round NBA playoff series win in Houston 13 days ago that ended the Rockets' season.

Golden State was playing on the road without Kevin Durant and Steph Curry didn't score a single point in the first half, yet still found a way to win.

James Harden registered 35 points and five assists and went 11-for-25 from the field.

Chris Paul had his best game of the series by far, racking up 27 points and six assists while shooting 11-for-19 overall and 3-for-6 from deep.

Harden received 87 touches to Paul's 66.

NBA rumors: James Harden, Chris Paul had tense exchange after Game 6 loss http://fw.to/M8JxrDm

Coach Wooden
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Harden Paul Beef??????????

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
The latest piece of information comes from Shams Charania of The Athletic:

(James) Harden and (Chris) Paul had tense moments with one another throughout Game 6, culminating in a verbal back-and-forth postgame that went into the locker room, sources with knowledge of the situation told The Athletic. Sources said the verbal exchange between Harden and Paul was regarding the ball distribution throughout Game 6.

The Game 6 referenced above is the Golden State Warriors' second-round NBA playoff series win in Houston 13 days ago that ended the Rockets' season.

Golden State was playing on the road without Kevin Durant and Steph Curry didn't score a single point in the first half, yet still found a way to win.

James Harden registered 35 points and five assists and went 11-for-25 from the field.

Chris Paul had his best game of the series by far, racking up 27 points and six assists while shooting 11-for-19 overall and 3-for-6 from deep.

Harden received 87 touches to Paul's 66.

NBA rumors: James Harden, Chris Paul had tense exchange after Game 6 loss http://fw.to/M8JxrDm

explains this tweet...

warriorsworld

@warriorsworld

CP3 to the Lakers this summer gonna be a fun day #OnHere

9:25 AM - 23 May 2019

https://twitter.com/warriorsworld/status/1131596955644076032
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:36 am    Post subject:

CP3 is older in decline and has a massive contract.
I don't want him on that deal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:22 am    Post subject:

Seriously? It must have been a slow news day. Just think how many “tense moments” and “verbal back and forths” Kobe and Shaq must have had. Or MJ and, well, everyone.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

It was talked about on First Take this morning. Supposedly the riff was about how the game was being played. The dispute was left on the court. It did not get to the locker room. Also the Rockets owner, according to SAS, is a no nonsense guy. It was speculated D'Antoni may be on the way out.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

[quote="jodeke"]It was talked about on First Take this morning. Supposedly the riff was about how the game was being played. The dispute was left on the court. It did not get to the locker room. Also the Rockets owner, according to SAS, is a no nonsense guy. It was speculated D'Antoni may be on the way out.[/quote

According to SAS who knows.....

Coach Wooden
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

[quote="SpunkieLakerCat"]
jodeke wrote:
It was talked about on First Take this morning. Supposedly the riff was about how the game was being played. The dispute was left on the court. It did not get to the locker room. Also the Rockets owner, according to SAS, is a no nonsense guy. It was speculated D'Antoni may be on the way out.[/quote

I don't think SAS makes things up. Usually when he spouts he has sources.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

[quote="jodeke"]
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
jodeke wrote:
It was talked about on First Take this morning. Supposedly the riff was about how the game was being played. The dispute was left on the court. It did not get to the locker room. Also the Rockets owner, according to SAS, is a no nonsense guy. It was speculated D'Antoni may be on the way out.[/quote

I didn't say SAS did, I just said who knows. Others are saying differently.

Coach Wooden
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I haven't seen those reports. I'd like to read them. Do you have links? I'm not being confrontational I'm honestly curious.

SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject:

[quote="jodeke"]
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I haven't seen those reports. I'd like to read them. Do you have links? I'm not being confrontational I'm honestly curious.

I can't access from work, will post later.

Coach Wooden
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Thanks.

I'ma tell you boss you LGing on his/her dime.

SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

[quote="jodeke"]
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Thanks.

Just for you I found it.... So now you can't tell on me

https://theathletic.com/989763/2019...les-and-stars-to-mark-this-summer-in-houston/

biggest tidbit from this piece.

But Harden and Paul had tense moments with one another throughout Game 6, culminating in a verbal back-and-forth postgame that went into the locker room, sources with knowledge of the situation told The Athletic. Sources said the verbal exchange between Harden and Paul was regarding the ball distribution throughout Game 6. By the time the remainder of the locker room was ready to talk, Paul and Harden had gone their separate ways, with Paul swiftly making his way to the postgame podium. The Rockets dispensed with exit interviews this year, so the media hasn’t been able to ask Paul or Harden about the disappointment.

Obviously, emotions run high after a season-ending loss and this can be common among teams.

Coach Wooden
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Thanks.

https://theathletic.com/989763/2019...les-and-stars-to-mark-this-summer-in-houston/

But Harden and Paul had tense moments with one another throughout Game 6, culminating in a verbal back-and-forth postgame that went into the locker room, sources with knowledge of the situation told The Athletic. Sources said the verbal exchange between Harden and Paul was regarding the ball distribution throughout Game 6. By the time the remainder of the locker room was ready to talk, Paul and Harden had gone their separate ways, with Paul swiftly making his way to the postgame podium. The Rockets dispensed with exit interviews this year, so the media hasn’t been able to ask Paul or Harden about the disappointment.

Obviously, emotions run high after a season-ending loss and this can be common among teams.

I can't access the article. link telling me "Page not found" there must be something wrong with the link. Thanks your excerpt says enough.

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:26 am    Post subject:

Jalen Rose

I don't trust SAS.
His sources have tons of agenda. As does he.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

[quote="jodeke"]
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Thanks.

I can't access the article. link telling me "Page not found" there must be something wrong with the link. Thanks your excerpt says enough.

Here's the link but you have to be a paid subscriber to read full articles on The Athletic

https://theathletic.com/989763/2019/05/23/charania-rockets-balance-of-styles-and-stars-to-mark-this-summer-in-houston/
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Jalen Rose

I don't trust SAS.
His sources have tons of agenda. As does he.

Do you trust Jalen Rose?

CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:52 am    Post subject:

Chris Paul is one of the most overrated players I’ve ever seen (dubbed “The Closer” by the insipid media). Closer. Right. Who has he “closed” in the playoffs?

He’s been a very good player but never a truly great player imo. And now?

The guy is a hard-nose, I will give him that, but he’s beaten and battered and is clearly on the back nine. He is in a state of physical decline that seems pretty evident, especially in this year’s playoffs. He doesn’t move as well out there anymore. He’s 34 years old and just completed his 14th NBA campaign. There’s only one direction he can go at this point, and it ain’t up.

The Rockets owe him $124 MILLION over the next 3 seasons. If anyone in the Lakers hierarchy (whatever that might be) even THINKS about taking on that stupid contract they should be drawn and quartered.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: