Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 467, 468, 469 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I eliminated the quote tree. It was beginning to dominate the page.

BadGuy wrote:

Quote:
Logically, Wilder should take the DAZN deal since he'll make more than he has before. However, humans operate on more than logic. I've been offered interviews with companies that were willing to top my current salary by 10-20%, and I have politely declined over and over again because I will only switch companies when the new salary meets my expectations.

As you said, Wilder is a proud man, so why would a proud man accept less than what he's worth? He'd rather accept nothing than get paid less than what he's worth. Taking a smaller sum of guaranteed money is what people with less confidence in themselves (or less time to live/work) tend to do, and Wilder fits in neither of those categories. Also, of course, I agree Wilder wants to win the fight, but I don't think he will prioritize making the fight sooner (while he is not past his prime yet) over making more money.

Logic vs Pride. Old adage; Pride goes before a fall. You may be giving more weight to pride than Wilder. IMO he wants to control the narrative. You could paralleled that with pride in a sense. Also you're placing yourself in another's shoes. I'm looking at pros and cons.

I believe in order to make the fight he'll capitulate because he wants to be the Undisputed Heavy Weight Champion Of The World. Agreeing to the terms will accomplish two ends, he'll make a good payday and he'll achieve a lifetime goal, undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.

If he accepts the terms the ball will be in Joshua's court. If he accepts it wouldn't surprise me if Anthony changes the terms.

I don't see Wilder agreeing to any terms that don't involve a split of revenue. It may not be a 50-50 split, but it will be 45-55 or 40-60. I will be very surprised if he agrees to a flat rate given what we've seen with other major fights in the past. There's no guarantee he'll win the fight (especially with UK judges), but he has a lot more control over what he gets paid. We'll see what happens. I highly doubt Wilder agrees to a flat rate; Joshua certainly has turned down several flat rate offers already.

You could have just said the revenue split was unfair from the start. And no it won’t be 50/50 . Wilder just got 10 million Joshua is getting 32 million for Ruiz. His money is coming from dazn and the uk. The other quotes you posted about nobody knowing what wilders purse was when it’s posted all over the internet and somebody getting paid under the table that would circumvent the state athletic commission and open you to tax evasion is pure nonsense.

With that being said wilder said he believes he can get 100 million for one fight with Joshua. The deal he turned down would have got him 20 million for his last fight and 40 million for two fights with Joshua one in the Uk and one in the US so for one fight he wouldn’t have to worry about the judges thing you brought up.

Going by the highest grossing fights not including Mayweather-Pacquiao and McGregor the next one is Mayweather alveraz which grossed 150 million and the purses were less than 50 million for both fighters. If wilder believes he can get 100 million and Joshua is going to get more more I don’t see see this being a more than 200 million purse fight. All of the offers are coming from dazn and Hearn. If wilder believes he can get 100 million how come his promoters aren’t making offers to Joshua
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:

You could have just said the revenue split was unfair from the start. And no it won’t be 50/50 . Wilder just got 10 million Joshua is getting 32 million for Ruiz. His money is coming from dazn and the uk. The other quotes you posted about nobody knowing what wilders purse was when it’s posted all over the internet and somebody getting paid under the table that would circumvent the state athletic commission and open you to tax evasion is pure nonsense.

With that being said wilder said he believes he can get 100 million for one fight with Joshua. The deal he turned down would have got him 20 million for his last fight and 40 million for two fights with Joshua one in the Uk and one in the US so for one fight he wouldn’t have to worry about the judges thing you brought up.

Going by the highest grossing fights not including Mayweather-Pacquiao and McGregor the next one is Mayweather alveraz which grossed 150 million and the purses were less than 50 million for both fighters. If wilder believes he can get 100 million and Joshua is going to get more more I don’t see see this being a more than 200 million purse fight. All of the offers are coming from dazn and Hearn. If wilder believes he can get 100 million how come his promoters aren’t making offers to Joshua

Many athletes have been caught for tax evasion, including boxers, so it's not exactly far-fetched that Wilder is being paid outside of his official contract. Wilder's 100M demand is ludicrous. However, "all of the offers coming from dazn and Hearn" is patently false since Wilder's team already offered AJ 50M for one fight: Source, which AJ turned down. The issue is that there have thus far been no revenue split offers from either side. Flat fees are not getting this fight done.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

BadGuy wrote:

Quote:
Logically, Wilder should take the DAZN deal since he'll make more than he has before. However, humans operate on more than logic. I've been offered interviews with companies that were willing to top my current salary by 10-20%, and I have politely declined over and over again because I will only switch companies when the new salary meets my expectations.

As you said, Wilder is a proud man, so why would a proud man accept less than what he's worth? He'd rather accept nothing than get paid less than what he's worth. Taking a smaller sum of guaranteed money is what people with less confidence in themselves (or less time to live/work) tend to do, and Wilder fits in neither of those categories. Also, of course, I agree Wilder wants to win the fight, but I don't think he will prioritize making the fight sooner (while he is not past his prime yet) over making more money.

Logic vs Pride. Old adage; Pride goes before a fall. You may be giving more weight to pride than Wilder. IMO he wants to control the narrative. You could paralleled that with pride in a sense. Also you're placing yourself in another's shoes. I'm looking at pros and cons.

I believe in order to make the fight he'll capitulate because he wants to be the Undisputed Heavy Weight Champion Of The World. Agreeing to the terms will accomplish two ends, he'll make a good payday and he'll achieve a lifetime goal, undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.

If he accepts the terms the ball will be in Joshua's court. If he accepts it wouldn't surprise me if Anthony changes the terms.

I don't see Wilder agreeing to any terms that don't involve a split of revenue. It may not be a 50-50 split, but it will be 45-55 or 40-60. I will be very surprised if he agrees to a flat rate given what we've seen with other major fights in the past. There's no guarantee he'll win the fight (especially with UK judges), but he has a lot more control over what he gets paid. We'll see what happens. I highly doubt Wilder agrees to a flat rate; Joshua certainly has turned down several flat rate offers already.

I think Wilder would take a lesser split. Not one so one sided it would border on ridiculous, something reasonable.

I think he wants the belts. Lets explore your pride assumption. Would holding the coveted Undisputed Heavyweight Champion Of The World be of note?

He could take the DAZN deal and accomplish both goals, money and recognition.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

I agree about the flat fee. The 50 million dollar offer was against 100 million in revenue. If the fight went over 100 million Joshua would get more. Joshua has the top two highest PPV on sky sports

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2018/08/22/sky-ppv-figures-anthony-joshua/

You factor that with the new dazn subscribers and the live gate of 80,000 people at wimbley stadium and the money it seems is with the dazn deal. Why would Joshua sign that. The wilder deal also didn’t include a rematch clause
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

BadGuy wrote:

Quote:

I think Wilder would take a lesser split. Not one so one sided it would border on ridiculous, something reasonable.

I think he wants the belts. Lets explore your pride assumption. Would holding the coveted Undisputed Heavyweight Champion Of The World be of note?

He can’t take it now he signed a three fight deal with showtime. He was a free agent when the deal was offered.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mmanews.com/deontay-wilder-showtime-new-deal/amp/
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

BadGuy wrote:

Quote:

He can’t take it now he signed a three fight deal with showtime. He was a free agent when the deal was offered.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mmanews.com/deontay-wilder-showtime-new-deal/amp/

If Wilder signs to fight a over the hill Klitschko I'll be disappointed. The fight I want to see is Wilder vs Joshua. Back in the day the best fought the best. Nowadays it's who offers the most money. Can't blame the fighters, they put it all on the line when they crawl through the ropes.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject:

Wilder-Ortiz 2

while the 1st fight was great, dissapointing Wilder-Joshua not gonna happen this year. Turning into Mayweather-Pacquiao, they gonna be close to 40 when they finally fight
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject:

I'd like to see another Fury vs Wilder. Tyson boxed the hell out of Deontay. If he hadn't got knocked down he would have won the fight.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject:

Joshua vs Ruiz Saturday, June 1 at 9PM ET / 6PM PT on DAZN. If you want to watch it go to LINK and sign up. I believe there's a 30 free trial. If you don't want the subscription you can cancel at not be charged. I subscribed to watch the Canello fight and kept the subscription. DAZN has good fights plus MMA.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Joshua vs Ruiz Saturday, June 1 at 9PM ET / 6PM PT on DAZN. If you want to watch it go to LINK and sign up. I believe there's a 30 free trial. If you don't want the subscription you can cancel at not be charged. I subscribed to watch the Canello fight and kept the subscription. DAZN has good fights plus MMA.

Joshua picking bums to fight. At least Wilder pick dangerous opponents. Fury-Joshua, Wilder-Joshua or Fury-Wilder2... everything else just disappointing
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Joshua picking bums to fight. At least Wilder pick dangerous opponents. Fury-Joshua, Wilder-Joshua or Fury-Wilder2... everything else just disappointing

Joshua is what the fight game has devolved to. Fight to a level of monetary prominence and stop. Then don't put yourself in a position to lose the attraction you've achieved. Fight tomato cans. I give Saul Alvarez his props, he fights the deserved, Daniel Jacobs, Rocky Fielding, Gennady Golovkin (twice), Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and such. Days of Joe Louis, Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvelous Marvin Hagler, Hit Man Tommy Hearns and likes are over. Now it's all about the Benjamin's.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Wilder vs fury 2 confirmed:

https://twitter.com/mikecoppinger/status/1134586827623555073?s=21
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:03 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Wilder vs fury 2 confirmed:

https://twitter.com/mikecoppinger/status/1134586827623555073?s=21

If Wilder comes in with his uncontrolled straight ahead charge Fury will win by decision.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject:

In case you guys forgot and have DAZN the fight is on. Ruiz is a tub of lard.

Anthony Joshua got KDFO......

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Joshua taken out like the (bleep) he is. Wilder would have ended him even quicker.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Now we know why the Joshua vs wilder and Joshua vs fury fights were never made lol

First time watching AJ fight and he is huge and strong, but no cardio limited movement and keeps his hands down too much
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

So who's the A side now? Ruiz?
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Andy Ruiz is the new heavyweight champion if the world. Good thing Andy knocked him out or he would have gotten burned on the decision. He was only ahead by one on 2 cards and behind on one even though he out punched him out landed him and put him down twice before the final round.

So Jo the tub of lard is the new king.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Andy Ruiz is the new heavyweight champion if the world. Good thing Andy knocked him out or he would have gotten burned on the decision. He was only ahead by one on 2 cards and behind on one even though he out punched him out landed him and put him down twice before the final round.

Surprised the hell out of me. There was a rematch clause. Joshua is definitively going to exercise it.

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

The whole Sweet Caroline thing before the title bout let you know Joshua and his fans thought this would be a coronation. Too bad for them Ruiz had different plans. Made me think of Eddie the Animal Lopez may he rest in peace. I'm sure he's somewhere smiling down.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Surprised the hell out of me. There was a rematch clause. Joshua is definitively going to exercise it.

And he's going to lose again. No cardio, no defense, and Ruiz is a fat boy with fast heavy hands. Bad matchup.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Waiting to hear what Wilder has to say.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Waiting to hear what Wilder has to say.

Wilder's tweet: "He wasn’t a true champion. His whole career was consisted of lies, contradictions and gifts. Facts and now we know who was running from who!!!! #TilThisDay"
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Weird fight. Joshua left jabs the whole fight, only threw combo maybe 3 times total. Did he hurt his right hand in the early round? Easily dropped too, chin looking brittle
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Joshua is what the fight game has devolved to. Fight to a level of monetary prominence and stop. Then don't put yourself in a position to lose the attraction you've achieved. Fight tomato cans. I give Saul Alvarez his props, he fights the deserved, Daniel Jacobs, Rocky Fielding, Gennady Golovkin (twice), Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and such. Days of Joe Louis, Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvelous Marvin Hagler, Hit Man Tommy Hearns and likes are over. Now it's all about the Benjamin's.

Somehow i missed this. Fighting Jacobs was something I did not think Canelo would do, which I give him credit for. Fighting a 35 and 36 year old Golovkin after vacating his WBC belt to continue to duck him for years deserves little credit; what is worse is that Canelo clearly lost the first fight, and he "won" the second fight controversially (after delaying the fight, yet again, due to testing positive for PEDs).

Rocky Fielding and JCC Jr. were both bums, plain and simple. JCC Jr. is nothing compared to his dad. Canelo will get more credit if he fights a hungry (and in his prime) Charlo, who has been his mandatory WBC challenger for a while now. Charlo almost killed Julian Williams, who whooped Jarrett Hurd recently. However, I suspect Canelo will never fight Charlo since he has no age or size advantage on him; Charlo is not coming to win by decision, so Vegas judges won't be able to save Canelo if that fight ever materializes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 467, 468, 469 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 468 of 514
Jump to: