REGGIE BULLOCK to the Knicks - BYE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

What is he really good at? Unless it’s a catch & shoot, he gets rid of the ball like a hot potato. Doesn’t create, not a good passer, doesn’t drive.
And when he shoots, I’m thinking it’s way off. 0-5... ouch.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Just another in a long line of guys wearing the Laker uniform this year that make me cringe when they shoot

Last edited by ReaListik on Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
He really looks awful.

It makes me wonder what he would have looked like in a full season with the Lakers.

After-all, the media refrain continues to be that the Lakers lacked the necessary shooters to surround Lebron.

We get this guy, and he throws up rocks for a month.

Pistons do it again first KCP now Bullock
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Last 3 games: 3-18 from 3 pt. (16.7%)
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject:

First few games he looked great but has been dreadful since. I found an older article when he was with the Pistons about him being in a slump. Based on his form, perhaps he goes through hot and cold streaks and is currently in a cold streak. Unless there is something physically wrong, I am not sure he is an answer to anything and they gave up on Svi for him. On paper the trade made sense but the product has been a bust.
Mr. Zero
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

I think it's time to stop paying players that come from the Pistons and claim they can shoot.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject:

6-10 from the field, 2-5 from downtown, 14 points

Seems like Bullock did well today
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
6-10 from the field, 2-5 from downtown, 14 points

Seems like Bullock did well today
Finally
Seriously, it was nice to see him knockdown some shots.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The source also said Reggie Bullock enjoyed his role as second fiddle to Blake Griffin in the Pistons’ oft-used DHO actions.
Furthermore, Bullock is fond of the Michigan lifestyle, per the source.
Following the trade, the source said that Bullock understood the business aspect of the decision and would still be willing to return to the Pistons as a free agent if, again, the finances were in order.
Bullock has been in the league since 2013 and hasn’t made more than $2.5 million in a season.

– via The Athletic
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
The source also said Reggie Bullock enjoyed his role as second fiddle to Blake Griffin in the Pistons’ oft-used DHO actions.
Furthermore, Bullock is fond of the Michigan lifestyle, per the source.
Following the trade, the source said that Bullock understood the business aspect of the decision and would still be willing to return to the Pistons as a free agent if, again, the finances were in order.
Bullock has been in the league since 2013 and hasn’t made more than $2.5 million in a season.

– via The Athletic

He probably ain't coming back. We are definitely not paying him more than 2.5M
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject:

I will help him pack his bags.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject:

Even the Pistons outmaneuvered us.

They stole Svi from us for nothing.

Some of you will scoff and say Svi didn't do anything... but he would have come in handy if we end up trading for AD.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

Some of you will scoff and say Svi didn't do anything... but he would have come in handy if we end up trading for AD.

Just another classic Magic trade. Get fleeced just to say you got a veteran name.

Pressure is now all on Pelinka, but Magic the executive can sink an entire franchise. Just terrible trades and the Lakers are fortunate the trade the entire team proposal didn’t go through.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Just another classic Magic trade. Get fleeced just to say you got a veteran name.

Pressure is now all on Pelinka, but Magic the executive can sink an entire franchise. Just terrible trades and the Lakers are fortunate the trade the entire team proposal didn’t go through.

It still can... which is why I continue to be so active on this board during the summer.

I won't sleep as far as the Lakers are concerned until I've seen this madness pass.

I really hope the trade is Klutch's idea and not Rob's because if Rob's the one who wants it, then it probably will happen in some form of horrifying overpay.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

It still can... which is why I continue to be so active on this board during the summer.

I won't sleep as far as the Lakers are concerned until I've seen this madness pass.

I really hope the trade is Klutch's idea and not Rob's because if Rob's the one who wants it, then it probably will happen in some form of horrifying overpay.

If they offer anything more than 2 of BI/Kuz/Lonzo/#4, they are more incompetent than I thought.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

If they offer anything more than 2 of BI/Kuz/Lonzo/#4, they are more incompetent than I thought.

My only hope is that there is a power struggle between the Rambii and Rob vs. Klutch.

That might save us from an overpay.

If they all are on the same page... it's going to happen, and it won't be pretty.

Even though ESPN will tell us it is.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

I hope they find a way to keep him, letting go of Svi for a short term rental would be really disappointing. Svi has all the tools to be a really good role player for the next 10 plus years. To give that up for a few weeks/months of Bullock is pathetic.
Lakerchaq
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
I hope they find a way to keep him, letting go of Svi for a short term rental would be really disappointing. Svi has all the tools to be a really good role player for the next 10 plus years. To give that up for a few weeks/months of Bullock is pathetic.
Facts, Svi will be a good role player.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:

The trade is a total headscratcher if we don't keep Bullock.
Just plain dumb (bleep).
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:

The trade is a total headscratcher if we don't keep Bullock.
Just plain dumb (bleep).

I think it'll remain to be seen.
If the Lakers get that 2nd star, I think Svi gets moved anyway, either in a package trade, or moved for a future 2nd round pick if possible, or just waived as his contract is non-guaranteed.

We shall see.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Something bob myers says here really applies to the lakers imo. He says something along the lines of regular season players vs playoff players. Basically saying that just because you can do something in the regular season doesn’t mean you can do it in the playoffs when teams are really focused on stopping you.

Everyone always says that teams actually bring it when they play against the lakers. We have seen it over the years where bad teams come in town and beat us, or fringe NBA players drop 30 on us out of nowhere. We even see players coming out of slumps against us all the time.

So, why can’t that same logic be used to explain why every time we get “shooters” from other teams, they end up shooting very poorly for us. Because playing for the lakers it’s not good enough to be a regular season player, you need to be a playoff player.

You have to be able to get shots off with very little space, perform on the biggest stage every night and be prepared to have guys coming for your head every single game. There really are no nights off when you play for the lakers and your weakness will be exposed by teams and then magnified by the media.

That would also explain why every time our young players get moved they move on to seem like much improved players, when in actuality they are just playing under less pressure.

It’s not just an issue offensively, because if our players aren’t bringing it on both ends they will get a 30 piece dropped on their heads.

Point is that just because a player is good in Detroit or Orlando, doesn’t mean they will be in LA. I think that was Magic’s logic when he brought in players like lance Stevenson, rondo, and McGee. They can perform on the big stage, he just didn’t account for how the pieces fit together.

We need to look for bigtime players this offseason that can perform under pressure. Not just the stars either...we need role players. Makes sense why they liked josh hart and Wagner since they performed great in championship games in college.

With that logic hunter might be our guy for real.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

Reggie Bullock Named Finalist for Muhammad Ali Sports Humanitarian Award

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/lakers/news/190605-reggie-bullock-named-finalist-muhammad-ali-sports-humanitarian-award
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dave McMenamin ( a t ) mcten

Lakers free agent guard Reggie Bullock has a free agency meeting planned with the Knicks in Los Angeles on Sunday night, sources told ESPN. The six-year vet is a career 39 pct 3-point shooter.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Awww cmon. That is old news. My heart skipped a beat clicking and waiting lmao
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Awww cmon. That is old news. My heart skipped a beat clicking and waiting lmao

Just bumping the thread up while waiting for some impending news.

* R. Bullock & W. Ellington to Knicks;
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14
Jump to: