If you’re Kobe and get asked by the media if the Heath Ledger...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
adkindo wrote:
could say he was mistaken, and it was the original Batman that gave Kobe his drive as a child....and he met with Micheal Keaton

Maybe it was Batman and Robin and he wanted to meet with Chris O'Donnell

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

How many people go off when they catch another poster lying on here?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject:

I'm going with the Brokeback Mountain theory ...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

crazylakerfan001 wrote:
He could easily spin it off as "no I just saw one film shooting of the dark night while the film was being made, then I wanted to have dinner with Heath because I was impressed with his acting"

With the Hollywood connections he must have he can easily be vouched for.

It's pretty simple: Kobe either had dinner with Ledger or he didn't. If he didn't, he would be foolish to make up stories to back up Pelinka's made-up stories and pull himself into all this.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
He could easily spin it off as "no I just saw one film shooting of the dark night while the film was being made, then I wanted to have dinner with Heath because I was impressed with his acting"

It's pretty simple: Kobe either had dinner with Ledger or he didn't. If he didn't, he would be foolish to make up stories to back up Pelinka's made-up stories and pull himself into all this.

Or, since we’re talking about Christopher Nolan movies

Did Kobe have dinner with Heath in a dream?

And is Pelinka the architect of the dream sequence?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: If you’re Kobe and get asked by the media if the Heath Ledger...

Batguano wrote:
george w kush wrote:
Story is true, how do you think he responds?

How predictable...

Only Kobe-haters like you care about this story.

You're probably the type of dude that got aroused when #flinchgate happened.

Quote:
3. Do Not Antagonize - Show Respect and Be Nice: Do not make condescending, snarky or antagonistic comments. Likewise, two wrongs do not make a right. If you believe someone is being disrespectful or is trying to provoke you, you are not excused from doing the same simply because "they started it." Similarly, respect the fact someone may have a difference of opinion than yours and come from a different background, with the expectation they do the same with you.
Show love

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
PHILosopher
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:

Exactly, that's why Kobe's silence is telling.

Which makes me think Rob probably made it up. But if he did he make it up, wow, that is quite a character flaw.

Some people are hyperbolic, some people change details. But this would be pure BS.

Pure BS he's making up on the spot with the Rock and the whole team standing there right in front of him and he's being filmed!

I hope Rob explains this or he should go. Maybe he mixed something up. Maybe it was Christian Bale, who is also a well know character actor. Just tell us, Rob.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: If you’re Kobe and get asked by the media if the Heath Ledger...

jodeke wrote:
Batguano wrote:
george w kush wrote:

How predictable...

Quote:
3. Do Not Antagonize - Show Respect and Be Nice: Do not make condescending, snarky or antagonistic comments. Likewise, two wrongs do not make a right. If you believe someone is being disrespectful or is trying to provoke you, you are not excused from doing the same simply because "they started it." Similarly, respect the fact someone may have a difference of opinion than yours and come from a different background, with the expectation they do the same with you.
Show love

As a general rule, it's best to restrict yourself to commenting on the content on the post, rather than commenting on the poster.

Frankly, I'm baffled how anyone could interpret this thread as any kind of dig at Kobe. It's about whether Pelinka has a history of lying, which affects his relationship with other people around the league. That is certainly a topic worthy of discussion.
PHILosopher
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

One more possiblility. Maybe Kobe made up the story. And Rob just added himself into the details. That would also explain why Kobe hasn't said anything.

I love Kobe! But for some reason I could imagine him embelishing some story about meeting Heath Ledger to learn how to get into his "muse cage" and Rob just running with it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

PHILosopher wrote:
One more possiblility. Maybe Kobe made up the story. And Rob just added himself into the details. That would also explain why Kobe hasn't said anything.

I love Kobe! But for some reason I could imagine him embelishing some story about meeting Heath Ledger to learn how to get into his "muse cage" and Rob just running with it.

Maybe he just talked about how much Ledger motivated him and Rob added on his own details.....

What a fun story this is. I want to hear more.
PHILosopher
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
PHILosopher wrote:

Maybe he just talked about how much Ledger motivated him and Rob added on his own details.....

What a fun story this is. I want to hear more.

I think something like this must be what's going on.

One thing to note is that Kobe did have a colorway of his Nike Zoom Vs, that are named "Dark Knight" and in some of the advertising, its clear its an homage to the film franchize.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

If he's good at his job than this'll be a funny story to look back on. If he's not then this'll be a sad example of his overall incompetence that we all should've seen coming. Let's all hope for the former.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

In a post-truth world the solution is pretty obvious (Jeannie already did it once).. just say "fake news".
PHILosopher
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

There is something behind this story Rob told. Kobe made a shoe that was inspired by Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker!

https://www.goat.com/sneakers/zoom-kobe-5-386429-531?utm_source=google_int&utm_medium=google_shopping_int&utm_campaign=1040917167_57292252509&utm_content=1o1&utm_term=091201986767&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_r3nBRDxARIsAJljleG-CBa8ShKxvXsiYzb8r67hoKuJxA4h25fO7n3O2RqdOKSkSQf7nnkaAngbEALw_wcB
PHILosopher
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Sorry found another link. Kobe was really into this movie. Here's more back story on the inspiration for the shoes.

https://sneakernews.com/2014/01/07/chaos-becomes-masterpiece-timeline-nike-kobe-chaos/
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: If you’re Kobe and get asked by the media if the Heath Ledger...

activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Batguano wrote:
george w kush wrote:

How predictable...

Quote:
Show love

As a general rule, it's best to restrict yourself to commenting on the content on the post, rather than commenting on the poster.

Frankly, I'm baffled how anyone could interpret this thread as any kind of dig at Kobe. It's about whether Pelinka has a history of lying, which affects his relationship with other people around the league. That is certainly a topic worthy of discussion.

There's already a Rob Pelinka thread and a thread about the article if the intention was really to discuss the topic of Pelinka lying.

Difficult not to think that OP is making this about Kobe based on his post history and blatant anti-Kobe rhetoric.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject:

I remember Rob once telling the story about Shania Twain and tuna fish sandwiches.

Shania hates mayo!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Why would any Laker fan want this soap to continue? Kobe
shouldn't do a Magic and reboot this crap to continue the
ESPN saga.

This. Any Laker fan who wants this crap to continue is not a Laker fan. BSPN is doing just fine with out our help.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject:

20,000 wrote:
I remember Rob once telling the story about Shania Twain and tuna fish sandwiches.

Shania hates mayo!

THE LADY HATES CHICKEN SALAD
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
20,000 wrote:

Shania hates mayo!

THE LADY HATES CHICKEN SALAD

you know what she can do with it...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: