Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 468, 469, 470 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Joshua is what the fight game has devolved to. Fight to a level of monetary prominence and stop. Then don't put yourself in a position to lose the attraction you've achieved. Fight tomato cans. I give Saul Alvarez his props, he fights the deserved, Daniel Jacobs, Rocky Fielding, Gennady Golovkin (twice), Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and such. Days of Joe Louis, Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvelous Marvin Hagler, Hit Man Tommy Hearns and likes are over. Now it's all about the Benjamin's.

Somehow i missed this. Fighting Jacobs was something I did not think Canelo would do, which I give him credit for. Fighting a 35 and 36 year old Golovkin after vacating his WBC belt to continue to duck him for years deserves little credit; what is worse is that Canelo clearly lost the first fight, and he "won" the second fight controversially (after delaying the fight, yet again, due to testing positive for PEDs).

Rocky Fielding and JCC Jr. were both bums, plain and simple. JCC Jr. is nothing compared to his dad. Canelo will get more credit if he fights a hungry (and in his prime) Charlo, who has been his mandatory WBC challenger for a while now. Charlo almost killed Julian Williams, who whooped Jarrett Hurd recently. However, I suspect Canelo will never fight Charlo since he has no age or size advantage on him; Charlo is not coming to win by decision, so Vegas judges won't be able to save Canelo if that fight ever materializes.

Charlo best win was against Austin Trout lol and his last fight he struggled against an average at best boxer. Canelo would out skill this fool.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Joshua is what the fight game has devolved to. Fight to a level of monetary prominence and stop. Then don't put yourself in a position to lose the attraction you've achieved. Fight tomato cans. I give Saul Alvarez his props, he fights the deserved, Daniel Jacobs, Rocky Fielding, Gennady Golovkin (twice), Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and such. Days of Joe Louis, Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvelous Marvin Hagler, Hit Man Tommy Hearns and likes are over. Now it's all about the Benjamin's.

Somehow i missed this. Fighting Jacobs was something I did not think Canelo would do, which I give him credit for. Fighting a 35 and 36 year old Golovkin after vacating his WBC belt to continue to duck him for years deserves little credit; what is worse is that Canelo clearly lost the first fight, and he "won" the second fight controversially (after delaying the fight, yet again, due to testing positive for PEDs).

Rocky Fielding and JCC Jr. were both bums, plain and simple. JCC Jr. is nothing compared to his dad. Canelo will get more credit if he fights a hungry (and in his prime) Charlo, who has been his mandatory WBC challenger for a while now. Charlo almost killed Julian Williams, who whooped Jarrett Hurd recently. However, I suspect Canelo will never fight Charlo since he has no age or size advantage on him; Charlo is not coming to win by decision, so Vegas judges won't be able to save Canelo if that fight ever materializes.

Charlo best win was against Austin Trout lol and his last fight he struggled against an average at best boxer. Canelo would out skill this fool.

Who was Canelo's best win? Jacobs? Joshua will fight Wilder before Canelo fights Charlo. He'll vacate like he has done in the past before he takes that fight.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Who was Canelo's best win? Jacobs? Joshua will fight Wilder before Canelo fights Charlo. He'll vacate like he has done in the past before he takes that fight.

Jacobs, triple G, Cotto. Charlos best asset is his power and we know he’s not knocking out Canelo. So please tell me how he wins? Outskill him? Cause canelos skills is on another level right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Who wins if Crawford fights Spence?
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:17 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Jacobs, triple G, Cotto. Charlos best asset is his power and we know he’s not knocking out Canelo. So please tell me how he wins? Outskill him? Cause canelos skills is on another level right now

Jacobs was nice. 36 year old GGG via controversial decision after taking PEDs isn't exactly impressive. Cotto was old, like GGG, and much smaller than Canelo. Charlo is bigger than Canelo, and he is in his prime. I can definitely see Charlo KO/TKO Canelo, which is why Canelo is not taking the fight anytime soon (if ever). If Canelo's skill were on another level, he would not be ducking (yet another) mandatory challenger for the WBC belt. He will fight 37 year old GGG again in September, or he will fight another bum like Rocky.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Even when Joshua beat Klitschko, I wasn't very impressed. He's robotic in the ring.
I always preferred Wilder.
Fury looks like the best boxer in the heavyweight division. But it's tough for me to trust a fighter who treats his body like crap.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

I got Crawford winning this fight, but Spence is favored by most people. If Spence could not KO Mikey Garcia, I don't see how he KOs Bud, who will not lose via decision to Spence. Crawford has speed, reach, and IQ advantages over Spence, and he definitely has more power than Mikey, who moved up to fight Spence.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I got Crawford winning this fight, but Spence is favored by most people. If Spence could not KO Mikey Garcia, I don't see how he KOs Bud, who will not lose via decision to Spence. Crawford has speed, reach, and IQ advantages over Spence, and he definitely has more power than Mikey, who moved up to fight Spence.

That's the fight I want to see.

Bringing it back to Andy Ruiz. Is it true he got robbed in the Joseph Parker fight a couple years back? My girl's cousin kept bringing it up tonight before and after the fight. But I never saw that fight so I couldn't say anything in response.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:53 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Even when Joshua beat Klitschko, I wasn't very impressed. He's robotic in the ring.
I always preferred Wilder.
Fury looks like the best boxer in the heavyweight division. But it's tough for me to trust a fighter who treats his body like crap.

Yeah, Fury is a technical boxer with athleticism, decent power, size and reach, he does look slimmer on first take but Wilder is the direct descendant of American heavyweight knock out artist, the best
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

I still can't believe what happened last night.....definitely makes the heavyweight division in boxing look like a joke.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Bringing it back to Andy Ruiz. Is it true he got robbed in the Joseph Parker fight a couple years back? My girl's cousin kept bringing it up tonight before and after the fight. But I never saw that fight so I couldn't say anything in response.

Yea, after AJ/Wilder got derailed, Spence vs. Crawford is the biggest fight now. Who do you think wins that fight? How about Pac vs. Thurman? Also, I never saw Ruiz vs. Parker either, but I'll probably watch it before Ruiz vs. AJ II.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
kikanga wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Yea, after AJ/Wilder got derailed, Spence vs. Crawford is the biggest fight now. Who do you think wins that fight? How about Pac vs. Thurman? Also, I never saw Ruiz vs. Parker either, but I'll probably watch it before Ruiz vs. AJ II.

This is close. I give Bud the edge because of his skills. Spence is bigger in size but I think Crawford is bigger in dog.

I pick Manny. He's not going to back down, that may be his undoing or the x factor in a win.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
kikanga wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Crawford. I think he's a more complete fighter. More skilled. His footwork, his counter-punching abilities, and he protects himself in the ring better than Spence (which would be key). Not a knock on Spence though. Dude is a beast. Definitely the bigger, stronger fighter of the 2. Arguably he's beaten tougher opponents than Crawford has. But the past few years, I've seen skill and smarts beat size over and over again when the best of the best square off.

I think Thurman beats Manny. Won't be close.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
kikanga wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Crawford. I think he's a more complete fighter. More skilled. His footwork, his counter-punching abilities, and he protects himself in the ring better than Spence (which would be key). Not a knock on Spence though. Dude is a beast. Definitely the bigger, stronger fighter of the 2. Arguably he's beaten tougher opponents than Crawford has. But the past few years, I've seen skill and smarts beat size over and over again when the best of the best square off.

Don't bet the condo. Keith doesn't have the "Want It" he use to have. He seems to be in it for paydays nowadays. I think the fight will be closer than many think. I also think Pacquiao has a shot at a win. If he get the win be on the lookout for a Pacquiao vs Mayweather promotion.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
kikanga wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Don't bet the condo. Keith doesn't have the "Want It" he use to have. He seems to be in it for paydays nowadays. I think the fight will be closer than many think. I also think Pacquiao has a shot at a win. If he get the win be on the lookout for a Pacquiao vs Mayweather promotion.

I think Manny will win too based on recent performances by both fighters despite Keith having youth, size, and length on his side. Manny has better footwork, more power, higher IQ, and is still faster imo. However, I don't think Mayweather is coming back to boxing.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
kikanga wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I think Manny will win too based on recent performances by both fighters despite Keith having youth, size, and length on his side. Manny has better footwork, more power, higher IQ, and is still faster imo. However, I don't think Mayweather is coming back to boxing.

Really? Guarantee Floyd enough money, I think he might do it one more time. Why do you think they call him MoneyMay?

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
kikanga wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Really? Guarantee Floyd enough money, I think he might do it one more time. Why do you think they call him MoneyMay?

The question is what is "enough" money for a man that made over $500M total in two of his most recent fights combined: Pacquiao and McGregor. I don't think Floyd wants to fight again at the age of 43; there's a reason he chose a boxing novice in McGregor over actual boxers in his most recent fight.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
kikanga wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
kikanga wrote:

The question is what is "enough" money for a man that made over $500M total in two of his most recent fights combined: Pacquiao and McGregor. I don't think Floyd wants to fight again at the age of 43; there's a reason he chose a boxing novice in McGregor over actual boxers in his most recent fight.

You may be right. I can't give a figure. I believe he might fight Manny because their ages are close Manny 40, Floyd 42. He may think he can outbox Manny and get a decision. I wouldn't buy it because I think it would be a snooze fest.

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:07 am    Post subject:

Wilder-Ortiz 2... wonder how Joshua would've faced Ortiz (turned the fight down), dude got power like Wilder but shorter reach (not sure if he has fast hands like Ruiz Jr)

I'm worried about PacMa - Thurman, big fan of Pacquiao but the last couple fights feels like could be a mirage. Mathisse was a done fighter and Broner looked like he didn't even train for the fight. Hope the speed and power still there, Thurman is a decade younger, bigger, longer but hope not as fast
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject:

Promoter says Joshua-Ruiz rematch triggered

Quote:
Anthony Joshua's promoter says a rematch will take place between the British fighter and new world heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz Jr.

Eddie Hearn says on Twitter that the contracted rematch clause was triggered Tuesday following talks with Joshua, his management team and his trainer, Rob McCracken.

Hearn says "the fight will take place in (November or December) at a venue to be confirmed shortly."

LINK
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Yeah Hearn wants that fight in the UK to get rid of those pesky VADA tests and to make sure if the fight goes to the cards we all know who wins. Sweet Caroline my ass.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

If you have DAZN tune in. GGG fighting on DAZN tonight. He's in with Steve Rolls 19-0, 10 Watching the prelims. White Chocolate, Nikita Ababiy, still knocking people out early. He hasn't fought anyone yet.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
If you have DAZN tune in. GGG fighting on DAZN tonight. He's in with Steve Rolls 19-0, 10 Watching the prelims. White Chocolate, Nikita Ababiy, still knocking people out early. He hasn't fought anyone yet.

What time is the main event?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

What time is the main event?

9:00pm Eastern, 6:00pm Pacific

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject:

GGG with the KO in the 4th
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 468, 469, 470 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 469 of 514
Jump to: