How the Lakers and Knicks Might Approach the Anthony Davis Saga as July Nears

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: How the Lakers and Knicks Might Approach the Anthony Davis Saga as July Nears

Hey All,

Latest @BleacherReport How the Lakers and Knicks Might Approach the Anthony Davis Saga as July Nears - what $ options do the teams have to make sure they're not just getting AD for one year (if the Pels do decide to move him in a couple of weeks)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2839151-how-the-lakers-and-knicks-might-approach-the-anthony-davis-saga-as-july-nears

Cheers,

EP
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Thanks emplay.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Excellent article that REALLY sums up all the different scenarios that most of us never knew (well I didn't know)..

Need to have as much money left as possible to build a decent roster...!
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

Lakers shouldn't let other teams dictate what they do. AD is a great player but the asking price is substantially higher than Beal's potential price.

If I was the Lakers, I would simply ask Pelicans to list their top 10 draft prospects and consider that when I am making my own pick(s).

When June 30/July 1 hits, I would then approach both Wizards and Pelicans with trade offers for Beal and AD and create a bidding war for our assets (or at least a perception that we aren't tied to just one team). Remember, Pelicans are the ones that have a disgruntled employee.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject:

chekmatex4 wrote:
Lakers shouldn't let other teams dictate what they do. AD is a great player but the asking price is substantially higher than Beal's potential price.

If I was the Lakers, I would simply ask Pelicans to list their top 10 draft prospects and consider that when I am making my own pick(s).

When June 30/July 1 hits, I would then approach both Wizards and Pelicans with trade offers for Beal and AD and create a bidding war for our assets (or at least a perception that we aren't tied to just one team). Remember, Pelicans are the ones that have a disgruntled employee.

Agree 100%, I always felt that if Magic had given up, Hart, Ball, Kuz, Ingram and multiple 1st picks, that it was WAY too much.

I still think: Ball, Ingram, the #4 pick and a future #1 pick should be enough to get Davis or Beal and any more than that is overpaying!

And I love Kuz and do not want him traded at all for either of those guys, Hart I might be willing to let go, but would try to keep one of the draft picks, if he is included.

Pelicans would field a young, fast and fun team:
PG: Ball
SG: Holiday
SF: Ingram
PF: Zion
C: Randle
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Also:

B/R NBA Experts Give Their Best Anthony Davis Trade Offers
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2839468-br-nba-experts-give-their-best-anthony-davis-trade-offers
bill
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject:

The problem with the Knicks offer is that it's absolute crap.

We all bag on Lonzo because his shooting is terrible.

Here are the Knick's pieces. And Lonzo is a better shooter than most of them plus he does a lot more on the court.

Frank Ntilikina .417 TS%
Dennis Smith .473 TS%
Kevin Knox .475 TS%
Lance Thomas .482 TS%

Lonzo Ball .487 TS%

Allonzo Trier .564 TS%
Mitchell Robinson .692 TS%
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

We need the salary of the #4 pick to match salaries. So it seems like if there is no deal within 30 days after the draft, then we have a fairly good shot?
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Here is the thing:

If the Pelicans are wanting draft picks included for Davis, then THEY want to be making the pick, NOT just taking whoever the Knicks, Lakers, etc pick.

So I FULLY expect several things to happen:
1. NO is going to get real aggressive PRIOR to the Draft.
2. Whatever negotiations that are going on between NO and the Davis destination team will be kept private and NOT splashed all over the news like Dull Dumps did to embarrass the players involved.
3. I expect the Lakers will ultimately have the best deal.
4. I expect we will not know about it until the #4 pick of the draft is made or even afterwards..
5. I expect the Lakers to be simultaneously be negotiating for Beal with the Wizards and MAKE SURE the Pelicans know about it and if Griffin tries to drag out the Davis trade OR ask to much for him, I pull the trigger on the Beal trade INSTEAD...!

Let's not let the Pelican try to screw us again...
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

Also

Latest @BleacherReport With Nets' Pending Trade with Hawks, Brooklyn in 2-Max Range, but AD Not Likely
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2839899-with-nets-pending-trade-with-hawks-brooklyn-in-2-max-range-but-ad-not-likely
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

Yep, the Nets are clearing space to compete with the Knicks for big stars.

Hey Em, with so many teams sporting huge amounts of cap space all vying for the same top 5 guys, do you think we are going to see some bidding wars?

Where not only the top 5 guys will get top dollar, but borderline stars like T. Harris and D. Russel, guys that would normally get contract offers in the $20-$25mil range get bumped up closer to $30, due to teams being so desperate???
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Here's another thought: If the Boston tops the Lakers for AD:

(1) Pursue the Beal trade.
(2) Sign some vets for one year like they did this last season (Cousins, Rondo, McGee, etc)
(3) Have a max slot available for after next season to sign AD

2019-2020 (Big Three)
LeBron
Beal
Cousins

2020-2021 (Big Three)
LeBron
Beal
AD
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject:

Definitely some bidding wars but TBD what happens after the top stars go - and no KD could change a lot
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: