The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1134, 1135, 1136 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8Pjn8KUcAADzZj.jpg:large

One thing I gotta say, it's nice to see Lebron at the facility during the break.

Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

One thing I gotta say, it's nice to see Lebron at the facility during the break.

Benefit of being in LA, he doesn't stay in Cleveland during the off season.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

I think it’s bothering LeBron that he’s not in the Finals, and that’s part of why you see him showing up to the facility this often.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject:

@KingJames and @kobebryant teaming up for the benefit of the next generation. #LakersFamily

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1136072653066760192

Kobe helping with LeBron school in Akron.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
@KingJames and @kobebryant teaming up for the benefit of the next generation. #LakersFamily

Don’t tell Batguano 👀
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

I like Frank better than Luke already.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Below is funny.

“LeBron has gone zero dark 30 for 3-4 months. You don’t see him anywhere around LA…you don’t see him anywhere with the Lakers.” — @ColinCowherd

“He literally was at Frank Vogel’s press conference and is on snapchat daily…..lol” - RY
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:16 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Below is funny.

“LeBron has gone zero dark 30 for 3-4 months. You don’t see him anywhere around LA…you don’t see him anywhere with the Lakers.” — @ColinCowherd

“He literally was at Frank Vogel’s press conference and is on snapchat daily…..lol” - RY

Pretty much 95% of the sports media has gone full-on National Enquirer. It's sad.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Below is funny.

Quote:
“LeBron has gone zero dark 30 for 3-4 months. You don’t see him anywhere around LA…you don’t see him anywhere with the Lakers.”

— @ColinCowherd

Quote:
“He literally was at Frank Vogel’s press conference and is on snapchat daily…..lol”

- RY

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

Do we Lakers fans see LeBron like how Warriors fans see KD? Kinda like a step child? SAS show talking about KD is kinda like A-Rod and the Yankees (Jeter/Kobe/Steph golden child)
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Do we Lakers fans see LeBron like how Warriors fans see KD? Kinda like a step child? SAS show talking about KD is kinda like A-Rod and the Yankees (Jeter/Kobe/Steph golden child)

The difference is that the Warriors were winning rings when KD joined.
The Lakers got Lebron to take us to the promise land.

For me, Lebron is that cousins I haven't seen in a long time. He's family, but I'm unfamiliar with him. But as time goes by and he brings us a championship, it's going to be all love. He's FAMILIA.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Um, so who is our Steph/Klay/Dray that won a ring already?
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Chad09 wrote:

Don’t tell Batguano 👀

Good to see that I have some groupies on the board tracking my every move.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

I still haven't fully accepted him. I'm waiting to see how the ripples he creates will affect the organization long term. If he leaves us in a situation like he created in Cleveland - with his friends on overpaid contracts, youth traded away - then signing him will be considered a mistake and he'll never be a Laker in my mind.

edit: if he brings a championship then all is forgiven
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
governator wrote:

For me, Lebron is that cousins I haven't seen in a long time. He's family, but I'm unfamiliar with him. But as time goes by and he brings us a championship, it's going to be all love. He's FAMILIA.

I see him as the in law that moves in for an extended period of time and doesn’t pay rent. He takes up bandwidth, uses up a bunch of water and electricity, drinks from the OJ carton, acts entitled to everything, leaves the bathroom a mess, and is critical of house dynamics. You put up with it all because he’s family... kinda.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

Bear in mind, LBJ came when no one else did. Not Melo, LMA, DRoz, or even Greg Monroe of all people. So I give him credit for taking a huge risk without another all star alongside him, and he missed his first playoffs in over 10 years as a result.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:

I would like to know also.

Comparison can’t be made between KD going to the Warriors because of that very reason, KD is seen as jumping aboard a 73 win team to get more rings on a fast track and LeBron is in a ground zero situation where he’s being tasked with taking a team to the title.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
epak wrote:
governator wrote:

I see him as the in law that moves in for an extended period of time and doesn’t pay rent. He takes up bandwidth, uses up a bunch of water and electricity, drinks from the OJ carton, acts entitled to everything, leaves the bathroom a mess, and is critical of house dynamics. You put up with it all because he’s family... kinda.

Wow. It's like that huh?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:

I would like to know also.

Comparison can’t be made between KD going to the Warriors because of that very reason, KD is seen as jumping aboard a 73 win team to get more rings on a fast track and LeBron is in a ground zero situation where he’s being tasked with taking a team to the title.

KD joined a spaceship that was already orbiting the Earth; LBJ joined a sinking ship.

I give LBJ a ton of credit for taking that risk while KD had no risk in joining an already made juggernaut team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

He is just another player unless he wins something
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Bear in mind, LBJ came when no one else did. Not Melo, LMA, DRoz, or even Greg Monroe of all people. So I give him credit for taking a huge risk without another all star alongside him, and he missed his first playoffs in over 10 years as a result.

It wasn’t much of a risk, he gets paid the max, his kids go to a basketball factory and he is close to his Hollywood entertainment business. I am sure he would love to win but if not, life is good.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It wasn’t much of a risk, he gets paid the max, his kids go to a basketball factory and he is close to his Hollywood entertainment business. I am sure he would love to win but if not, life is good.

He would have gotten a max (and a bigger deal on the Cavs). He left an easier road to the Finals to join a team with no proven players. He missed the playoffs for the first time since what, 2005? First missed Finals in 9 years. 3rd team all NBA. Some of it was on him, but yes, he took some basketball hits this year.

He took a giant basketball risk. No one is debating the off court stuff.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

^^^THIS LBJ came to Los Angeles to end his career. He has Hollywood connections waiting in the wings.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He would have gotten a max (and a bigger deal on the Cavs). He left an easier road to the Finals to join a team with no proven players. He missed the playoffs for the first time since what, 2005? First missed Finals in 9 years. 3rd team all NBA. Some of it was on him, but yes, he took some basketball hits this year.

Imo, his personal endeavors outweighed his basketball ones at this point in his career.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Imo, his personal endeavors outweighed his basketball ones at this point in his career.

Let's revisit this after next season. 1st year was a crap show without another all star next to him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1134, 1135, 1136 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1135 of 2079
Jump to: