The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1135, 1136, 1137 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Bear in mind, LBJ came when no one else did. Not Melo, LMA, DRoz, or even Greg Monroe of all people. So I give him credit for taking a huge risk without another all star alongside him, and he missed his first playoffs in over 10 years as a result.

It wasn’t much of a risk, he gets paid the max, his kids go to a basketball factory and he is close to his Hollywood entertainment business. I am sure he would love to win but if not, life is good.

He would have gotten a max (and a bigger deal on the Cavs). He left an easier road to the Finals to join a team with no proven players. He missed the playoffs for the first time since what, 2005? First missed Finals in 9 years. 3rd team all NBA. Some of it was on him, but yes, he took some basketball hits this year.

He took a giant basketball risk. No one is debating the off court stuff.
Imo, his personal endeavors outweighed his basketball ones at this point in his career.

Let's revisit this after next season. 1st year was a crap show without another all star next to him.
With the way this FO is going, I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject:

I don’t think Lebron is going to risk his legacy on this.

He is trying to make it work because he does also want to transition into the billionaire celebrity and continue building his empire, but he’s also not going to sit idle if he doesn’t think he can win at least one more chip imo.

Last edited by LakerSD on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject:

Look, I was not a LBJ fan before he joined the Lakers. I actively rooted against him each year (but respected his talent).

You know why I want him to succeed? B/c it means my Lakers will succeed. I will never root for him to fail as a Laker b/c the Lakers will fail.

I do believe he will help us get an all star, and that he will be a top 5 MVP level player next season.

Some have never given him a chance and never will. That's fine. I just choose not to do that.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Bear in mind, LBJ came when no one else did. Not Melo, LMA, DRoz, or even Greg Monroe of all people. So I give him credit for taking a huge risk without another all star alongside him, and he missed his first playoffs in over 10 years as a result.

It wasn’t much of a risk, he gets paid the max, his kids go to a basketball factory and he is close to his Hollywood entertainment business. I am sure he would love to win but if not, life is good.

He would have gotten a max (and a bigger deal on the Cavs). He left an easier road to the Finals to join a team with no proven players. He missed the playoffs for the first time since what, 2005? First missed Finals in 9 years. 3rd team all NBA. Some of it was on him, but yes, he took some basketball hits this year.

Imo, his personal endeavors outweighed his basketball ones at this point in his career.

And people wonder why he seems so happy. It’s because he is happy.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

LeCruit!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Of course he is happy, he is setting up his post bball career and has little to no accountability with what happens on the court.

Plus he fell for the Magic sales pitch as much as anyone. We all thought a 2nd max was going to be added last year. That the team would make the playoffs and get some valuable playoff experience for the young players and be tweaking the roster this off-season for a title run next year.

Sounded great, until it all fell apart!

We saw a complacent James. Will he find the passion to win one last time is a big question. Because why does any FA want to play with a "coasting" or "pacing" James?

He needs to be invested into the plan, the off and def systems and his teammates for the Lakers to contend and get their moneys worth. No matter who is on the team with him.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Of course he is happy, he is setting up his post bball career and has little to no accountability with what happens on the court.

Plus he fell for the Magic sales pitch as much as anyone. We all thought a 2nd max was going to be added last year. That the team would make the playoffs and get some valuable playoff experience for the young players and be tweaking the roster this off-season for a title run next year.

We saw a complacent James. Will he find the passion to win one last time is a big question. Because why does any FA want to play with a "coasting" or "pacing" James?

He needs to be invested into the plan, the off and def systems and his teammates for the Lakers to contend and get their moneys worth. No matter who is on the team with him.

The fact that people are still calling out Lebron's drive after 16 years is insane. Quite a relevant username.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

Top 5 MVP level player next season. Guarantee you it's eating him up inside that he missed the playoffs.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The fact that people are still calling out Lebron's drive after 16 years is insane. Quite a relevant username.

The username reflects perspective. I have been a fan of the Lakers and NBA since Chamberlain, West and Goodrich. I have seen passion and intensity to win over the decades.

I did not see that from James last season. I find it hard to remember another marquee player that played with such obvious lack of intensity and not be called to task for it. Only one that comes to mind was Melo.

The terms I used were those given to me by those defending him when I have made criticisms. So not exactly like I am pointing out anything new. Apparently you saw something differently last season.

I only hope we all see a more invested James next season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I find it hard to remember another marquee player that played with such obvious lack of intensity and not be called to task for it.

You know this isn't true at all. Lots of marquee players at that age range have slacked off even more and not come close to averaging 27/8/8. He seemingly gets more hate from Lakers fans than elsewhere. The myopia is incredible.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The username reflects perspective. I have been a fan of the Lakers and NBA since Chamberlain, West and Goodrich. I have seen passion and intensity to win over the decades.

I did not see that from James last season. I find it hard to remember another marquee player that played with such obvious lack of intensity and not be called to task for it. Only one that comes to mind was Melo.

The terms I used were those given to me by those defending him when I have made criticisms. So not exactly like I am pointing out anything new. Apparently you saw something differently last season.

U watched Kobe in his last 5 years or u took sabitcal from ur 4 decade bandwagon?
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:

For some reason I only saw "Bandwagon" in your username lol. In any case, LBJ himself will tell you that he needs to work on his body language, but the sheer domination and attention to detail that he displays in the playoffs should have put to rest his competitive drive many years ago. We are not talking about an unproven rising player with a few series under his belt, we are talking about a guy who's is missing his first final's appearance in 9 years. You don't put together that body of work by coasting through games.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
trablos wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

U watched Kobe in his last 5 years or u took sabitcal from ur 4 decade bandwagon?

No, I was there watching every game just like now.

I was also critical of his play. He lost a step and became even more of a chucker. But did you ever question his commitment or intensity on the court?

But lets be fair. The path chosen was a different one. They were paying him for a lifetime achievement with the Lakers. Putting up with his surly ego because of his legacy. And accepting the results of a rebuild and the lottery picks. Even when injuries of Nash and Howard derailed any contention hopes.

Much different with James. He was signed to a max contract to be the centerpiece of the team. To be the face of the franchise. Even though he has a short shelf life.

James is still an amazing player. Just disagree with building a team around him. Same as I would have if Kobe was signed from another team to rebuild around in his final years. Aging superstars are complimentary pieces to an established contender not a focal point.

I would not have signed a end of career declining Jabbar or Jordan for a rebuild either. To make headlines, yes. As a beginning foundation piece to build a championship roster, no way.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

^ Would you have maxed out Shaq when his new deal was coming up b/f he left for Miami? B/c talk about going at it half arsed...
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Look, I was not a LBJ fan before he joined the Lakers. I actively rooted against him each year (but respected his talent).

You know why I want him to succeed? B/c it means my Lakers will succeed. I will never root for him to fail as a Laker b/c the Lakers will fail.

I do believe he will help us get an all star, and that he will be a top 5 MVP level player next season.

Some have never given him a chance and never will. That's fine. I just choose not to do that.

Agree on all points, and just want to add the fact that he can be an all star until 40 if he so chooses. Kobe had one of his best seasons as a pro at the tender age of 36, and had the unfortunate of suffering 3 devastating consecutive season ending injuries. LBJ won the gene pool and does more for his body and health than possibly any athlete, ever. He's the last guy I'm worried about.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
^ Would you have maxed out Shaq when his new deal was coming up b/f he left for Miami? B/c talk about going at it half arsed...

Probably not. The feud was tough to watch. The Lakers had the potential of another multi year run of dominance. The squandered it.

But that is a great example of a player that played without the intensity expected. And he moved on because of it. He had some great seasons with the Heat. But he was declining and not the centerpiece. Key player but it was Wade and depth that won in Miami.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Probably not. The feud was tough to watch. The Lakers had the potential of another multi year run of dominance. The squandered it.

But that is a great example of a player that played without the intensity expected. And he moved on because of it. He had some great seasons with the Heat. But he was declining and not the centerpiece. Key player but it was Wade and depth that won in Miami.

Shaq's numbers declined rapidly (including number of games played).

LBJ, in a down year, still put up 27/8/8. I tout that not to just tout raw numbers, but to show that he's no Shaq who will just basically throw in the towel and let his body go.

I think LBJ miscalculated:

1. how tough the West was
2. how he could work himself into shape like he normally did during the season
3. how proven the young guys were (and durability)
4. Magic's promise to get a 2nd max.

Now, a year later, I do think you will see a more motivated LBJ come out. I give him somewhat of a pass this year only b/c I'm grateful some star came to join us. LMA, Melo, Droz, heck even Greg Monroe declined to take this challenge. I give kudos for him breaking that wheel for the Lakers.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Do it LeCruit!!!

Quote:
Tania:

Lowry said he texted with LeBron, thanking him for using his platform to talk about the incident. “He sticks up for his fellow players and he always does the right thing. ... It means a lot to have the support of a guy like him.”

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1136737783182053376?s=21
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Do it LeCruit!!!

Quote:
Tania:

Lowry said he texted with LeBron, thanking him for using his platform to talk about the incident. “He sticks up for his fellow players and he always does the right thing. ... It means a lot to have the support of a guy like him.”

Yea, stay away from L.A. Lowry.
Lakerchaq
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

NO 2 Lowry
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

As usual bro we’re on the same page.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Do it LeCruit!!!

Quote:
Tania:

There’s our second allstar Magic promised
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Do it LeCruit!!!

Quote:
Tania:

Lowry forgot to mention the part where LeBron asked about Kawhi
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Shaq's numbers declined rapidly (including number of games played).

LBJ, in a down year, still put up 27/8/8. I tout that not to just tout raw numbers, but to show that he's no Shaq who will just basically throw in the towel and let his body go.

I think LBJ miscalculated:

1. how tough the West was
2. how he could work himself into shape like he normally did during the season
3. how proven the young guys were (and durability)
4. Magic's promise to get a 2nd max.

Now, a year later, I do think you will see a more motivated LBJ come out. I give him somewhat of a pass this year only b/c I'm grateful some star came to join us. LMA, Melo, Droz, heck even Greg Monroe declined to take this challenge. I give kudos for him breaking that wheel for the Lakers.

He was Shaq like this season, coming in out of shape and intending to play himself into shape. And suffered his first significant injury. Kobe stopped defending around 31-33, that is why we needed Ariza and Artest to win. Lebron stopped after 2016, at around the same age. It isn’t that either lost the desire to defend, it was that age and their careers caught up with them.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject:

LeBron was out of shape at the start of the season?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1135, 1136, 1137 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1136 of 2079
Jump to: