Hollywood Hoops: Anthony Davis Could Be Dealt Before July, Possibly to Los Angeles

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject: Hollywood Hoops: Anthony Davis Could Be Dealt Before July, Possibly to Los Angeles

Hey All,

Latest @hollywood_hoops Ep. 138 - Anthony Davis Could Be Dealt Before July, Possibly to Los Angeles w/@JoshMartinNBA
https://playlist.megaphone.fm?e=ADL6021638617

Cheers,

EP
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject:

ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Can't see it happening unless Lakers overpay.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject:

The best time for NO to trade Davis is on Draft day....!

IF they want to get somebodies pick, otherwise they are stuck with accepting whoeve the Lakers or Knick pick.

Here's a thought: watch and see if Barret, Hunter, Garland and Culver go do try-outs for the Pelicans, that might give a clue to what they are thinking....
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Ingram, Hart, #4 overall and fillers....FINAL OFFER.
Bishop*
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:28 am    Post subject:

M2K wrote:

Exactly my offer and I think it is a fair deal.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

M2K wrote:

Yeah. I'm in agreement with this concept.

1 of BI/Zo
1 of Hart/Kuz
Fillers
1 protected future 1st.

That's my bottom line.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
M2K wrote:

1 of BI/Zo
1 of Hart/Kuz
Fillers
1 protected future 1st.

That's my bottom line.

I'm ok with BI+Zo+#4+1 future (unprotected) 1st for Davis and I'll explain why adding 1 more player gets you a top name FA...

The reason is that if you can make that Draft Day trade and get Davis under the Laker umbrella - Free Agents are going to take a LONNNG second look at the Lakers, so Kyrie, Kemba, and Kawhi will see the advantage of signing here!

And it all starts on draft day, not on July 1st when FA's can be approached...

Last edited by unleasHell on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
M2K wrote:

1 of BI/Zo
1 of Hart/Kuz
Fillers
1 protected future 1st.

That's my bottom line.

That's my final offer, too. And I think it's a very reasonable one. Maybe throw a future 2nd-rounder as a sweetener and that's all.

I'd only change it if a 3rd team was involved.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
M2K wrote:

1 of BI/Zo
1 of Hart/Kuz
Fillers
1 protected future 1st.

That's my bottom line.

I'm ok with BI+Zo+#4+1 future (unprotected) 1st for Dwight and I'll explain why adding 1 more player gets you a top name FA...

The reason is that if you can make that Draft Day trade and get Dwight under the Laker umbrella - Free Agents are going to take a LONNNG second look at the Lakers, so Kyrie, Kemba, and Kawhi will see the advantage of signing here!

And it all starts on draft day, not on July 1st when FA's can be approached...

Anthony "Dwight" Davis?
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:

Anthony "Dwight" Davis?

FIXED - LOL, ok, I'm an idiot, but for the record, I DON'T want Dwight Howierd...
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject:

AD in LA would be insane. Looking back at when we got Pau, he was already a really good player before he came to LA. Next to Kobe? 3 straight Finals and 2 rings.

To me, AD is better than prime Pau. LBJ would turn him into a monster that no team will be able to deal with.

I don't want to overpay, but any time you can trade for a generational talent and pair him with the best player in the world, you do it and don't look back.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Staccatos wrote:

Anthony "Dwight" Davis?

FIXED - LOL, ok, I'm an idiot, but for the record, I DON'T want Dwight Howierd...

Hey we're all going through PTSD here. #StayUnlessURambiiThenLeave
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Hollywood Hoops: Anthony Davis Could Be Dealt Before July, Possibly to Los Angeles

emplay wrote:
Hey All,

Latest @hollywood_hoops Ep. 138 - Anthony Davis Could Be Dealt Before July, Possibly to Los Angeles w/@JoshMartinNBA
https://playlist.megaphone.fm?e=ADL6021638617

Cheers,

EP

Eric, would the following example be legal under the CBA? Maybe you could ask Larry Coon? If so, what is your opinion about this scenario?

Example:

1. On June 20 (Draft Night), the Lakers draft Garland with #4.

2. Lakers and Pelicans agree to a trade. Trade is Ball, Ingram, Garland and Kuzma for AD. Trade can not be made official until 30 days after Garland is signed.

3. Garland signs on June 21st. Trade not official until July 21st.

My question is, how much cap space do we have to work with when free agency starts? Do we use the salary cap numbers before or after the trade? If we use the salary cap numbers before the trade, we basically end up with enough cap space to sign a max free agent. At that point, we would have to trim a little bit more salary, between Wagner, Hart and Bonga. Having AD joining in a pending trade could benefit us in negotiating with free agents.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Why not just trade the Draft Pick (along with the other fellas) on Draft Night for AD?

no waiting required..
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Why not just trade the Draft Pick (along with the other fellas) on Draft Night for AD?

no waiting required..
Because it would leave us without enough money to sign a max free agent.
Vidball
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject:

M2K wrote:

This. Anything more than that is bidding against ourselves or allowing NO to be punitive.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject:

People knock Dwight still, but the last time the Lakers were in the playoffs was when Dwight Howard was a Laker. He was coming off a major injury and surgery and still wound up 3rd team All NBA. His presence helped the Lakers make the playoffs.

I do not know why every superstar has to be perfect to become a Laker. If Anthony Davis has some flaws, so be it. I just want to make the playoffs - and with LBJ and AD I know we will be there. Then you have to make smart moves around them, using your cap well with the right role players. There is my concern. Finally, how good a coaching staff do we have .... Trading for AD should be the simplest decision the Lakers can make.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
People knock Dwight still, but the last time the Lakers were in the playoffs was when Dwight Howard was a Laker. He was coming off a major injury and surgery and still wound up 3rd team All NBA. His presence helped the Lakers make the playoffs.

I do not know why every superstar has to be perfect to become a Laker. If Anthony Davis has some flaws, so be it. I just want to make the playoffs - and with LBJ and AD I know we will be there. Then you have to make smart moves around them, using your cap well with the right role players. There is my concern. Finally, how good a coaching staff do we have .... Trading for AD should be the simplest decision the Lakers can make.

The sheer Kobe disrespect. The man sacrificed his body to drag Howard's dead ass to the playoffs.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

The sheer Kobe disrespect. The man sacrificed his body to drag Howard's dead ass to the playoffs.

Kobe was incredible on offense. However it was Dwight's defense, rebounding and plays inside that made it work to make that run back to the playoffs. Go look at the advanced stats even for the second half of that season. Dwight was a major impact player. Anthony Davis is a better player than that Dwight Howard. We would be a playoff lock immediately. You can not say that as of today with the roster we have.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Kobe was incredible on offense. However it was Dwight's defense, rebounding and plays inside that made it work to make that run back to the playoffs. Go look at the advanced stats even for the second half of that season. Dwight was a major impact player. Anthony Davis is a better player than that Dwight Howard. We would be a playoff lock immediately. You can not say that as of today with the roster we have.

If healthy I absolutely think the Lakers are a playoff lock if they use the cap space even remotely well.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: