Irving to Lakers? (SAS: Kyrie forcing his way to Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
governator wrote:
So Kyrie to Brooklyn, I can see that

Me too. I've been asking since the beginning of the Kyrie to NYC rumors... why would he go there when he was born and raised in NJ... with the NYC-NJ rivalry... and when the Nets are better placed to build a team around him, or around him? Having moved Crabbe, the Nets now have $66m in cap-space. If KD doesn't join them, I can see them stealing Tobias Harris from the 76ers. They also have the #27 and #31 picks. Let's say they take Luka Samanic (or Windler/Thybulle) and Tacko Fall. This is a really nice squad IMO.

PG: Kyrie / Dinwiddie
SG: Levert / J. Harris / Graham
SF: Prince / Kurucs / Musa
PF: T. Harris / Samanic
CE: Allen / Ed Davis / Tacko

Can they sign & trade DLo and go above cap?
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:16 am    Post subject:

The Nets not too long ago threw a ton of draft picks at Boston to get KG & Pierce well past their prime. Not exactly a model of a smart FO. They absorbed Mosgov to get DLO so they could try and add talent. It worked but now they have a FA in DLO and courting Kyrie? Are they willing to pay both? I have heard but yet to see DLO play well off ball. He likes the ball in his hands and we know Kyrie does too. Neither are known for their defense. At best it could be Harden/CP3 like but unlike CP3, Kyrie is a shoot first PG.

More realistic Brooklyn is adding Kyrie + another and DLO will go elsewhere.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Can they sign & trade DLo and go above cap?

They might be able to, if the 76ers are a willing partner in a sign-and-trade of Tobias for D'lo. Not sure though. Perhaps, one of the other guys can chime in.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
The Nets not too long ago threw a ton of draft picks at Boston to get KG & Pierce well past their prime. Not exactly a model of a smart FO. They absorbed Mosgov to get DLO so they could try and add talent. It worked but now they have a FA in DLO and courting Kyrie? Are they willing to pay both? I have heard but yet to see DLO play well off ball. He likes the ball in his hands and we know Kyrie does too. Neither are known for their defense. At best it could be Harden/CP3 like but unlike CP3, Kyrie is a shoot first PG.

The only way he goes to Brooklyn is if KD goes with him or if he just really wants to play for the Nets because there's no chance they win anything building around Kyrie and his time in Boston should have shown him that. If he wants to win he won't go to the Nets, makes no sense.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:

They should simply play it like we are, hope they land Kyrie, and if they are able to sign KD/Butler/Max, let Dlo go. Otherwise resign him. They did a good job of making sure they have options like we do.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

Zach Lowe yesterday said Nets are renouncing Dlo to get 2 max slots. Their plan is Kyrie + Durant.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Zach Lowe yesterday said Nets are renouncing Dlo to get 2 max slots. Their plan is Kyrie + Durant.

so they Randled Dlo... both gonna end up with Booker in Suns
Dlo, Booker, Josh, Randle, Ayton
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject:

hmm if Kyrie is really going to the Nets is Durant going to follow Kyrie there like a puppy?
will he risk going to the Knicks with no established players to be instant contenders?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
hmm if Kyrie is really going to the Nets is Durant going to follow Kyrie there like a puppy?
will he risk going to the Knicks with no established players to be instant contenders?

If he wants to shake off the title riding name tag, he gonna have to do either one, Nets, Knicks, Clips... but out of the 3, if he gets a chip with the Knicks, man, KD gonna be a god in NY
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject:

DLo will get a max offer from at least one of the following teams and likely more: Pacers, Magic, Suns, Jazz.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

DLO will probably go play with his friends in Phoenix or Minnesota
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

I’m pretty sure any 1 with 2 max slots would want Irving and Durant, the Nets aren’t guaranteed to get both despite what the media is telling us, for all we know they could be getting Tobias Harris on a max and bringing back DLO, no one knows what’s gonna happen.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Bridges starts and that is one hell of a young team with insane offensive potential

It's funny because if DLO were never a Laker, he'd probably be a guy worth targeting if we miss out on the big names.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
governator wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Bridges starts and that is one hell of a young team with insane offensive potential

It's funny because if DLO were never a Laker, he'd probably be a guy worth targeting if we miss out on the big names.

He's not really a good perimeter defender, and I don't think his shooting is enough to offset that. I don't see much of a purpose for him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
2019 wrote:
governator wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

He's not really a good perimeter defender, and I don't think his shooting is enough to offset that. I don't see much of a purpose for him.

Catch and shoot... I mean, JJ really hasn't done anything that well yet and just fit would give the edge to Bridges but I agree Jackson still has the better overall talent/potential
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Don't forget TJ Warren
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:53 pm    Post subject:

I think this Achilles injury to KD could mess up a Brooklyn pairing with KD. Maybe the Lakers move up on his list now?
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:37 am    Post subject:

KOBE WAN wrote:
I think this Achilles injury to KD could mess up a Brooklyn pairing with KD. Maybe the Lakers move up on his list now?

Yes.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:

Yes.

Yeah, this injury may change the FA landscape, and consequently the trade landscape as well.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject:

The Knicks long term strategy was to tank to get Zion and then sign Kevin Durant...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject:

Dumhead wrote:
UKUGA wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:

Yes.

Yeah, this injury has already changed the FA landscape, and consequently the trade landscape as well.

FIXED it for ya!
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
DLo will get a max offer from at least one of the following teams and likely more: Pacers, Magic, Suns, Jazz.

One of those teams will join the long list of teams who suffer from buyers remorse.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

One of those teams will join the long list of teams who suffer from buyers remorse.

To be fair, you can pretty much say that about every major FA this offseason at this point sans KL or maybe Klay and even then there could be some hesitancy.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

BKN could also just go after Kyrie’s other good friend Butler. Just last year the rumors were Kyrie and Jimmy want to team up. Butler even did this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TJDhoops/status/1017517843242455045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject:

If I'm Kyrie there's no way I consider teaming up with KD now.

If KD opts out this summer, and some team offers him a max contract, they are going to seriously regret it within a couple years.

Memo to Kyrie: Lebron played it safe with his injury, and a few weeks after he came back he was back to his old self. The Lakers is where you want to be.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 31 of 55
Jump to: