Why no drama over MDA but so much drama around Tlue?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Does roster matter? If he answers no, it defeats his arbitrary use of McMillan, Rivers, McHale for examples. He cherry picked the dates they did make the playoffs and left out the years they didn’t. And when I pointed it out, he told me to go back and look at the roster to see if they’re TITLE WORTHY!!!

And how would Dreamshake or D’Antoni know the roster of the 2019-20 Rockets is title worthy? They weren’t title worthy this year and it appears they are looking to undergo an overhaul. Will Paul still be there? Gordon? Tucker? D’Antoni doesn’t know and has no control over it but was supposed to sign on for it anyway before the team is made and then take complete responsibility for how they do.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Does roster matter? If he answers no, it defeats his arbitrary use of McMillan, Rivers, McHale for examples. He cherry picked the dates they did make the playoffs and left out the years they didn’t. And when I pointed it out, he told me to go back and look at the roster to see if they’re TITLE WORTHY!!!

And how would Dreamshake or D’Antoni know the roster of the 2019-20 Rockets is title worthy? They weren’t title worthy this year and it appears they are looking to undergo an overhaul. Will Paul still be there? Gordon? Tucker? D’Antoni doesn’t know and has no control over it but was supposed to sign on for it anyway before the team is made and then take complete responsibility for how they do.

Exactly. How would you know the roster is going to be title worthy a year from now.

More news on this "title worthy" roster:

Quote:
Rockets Expected To Trade One Of Clint Capela, Eric Gordon, P.J. Tucker
JUN 5, 2019 1:45 AM

The Houston Rockets are "actively exploring" deals for Clint Capela, Eric Gordon, and P.J. Tucker, according to Marc Stein.

Stein adds that a source says the Rockets are operating under the assumption that at least one of those three players will not be with the team next season.

Stein also confirmed reports that the Rockets are shopping every player on their roster except James Harden this summer.

Mike D'Antoni recently broke off talks of a contract extension with the team as he heads into the final year of his deal. The team chose not to renew the contracts of 4 of his assistants this offseason.

So to recap:

1) They hold D'Antoni to the same standard as the top coaches in the NBA, i.e. Doc Rivers and Poppovich

2) They offer him a 1 yr extension w/ a floor of $2.5M (nothing close to what any of the top coaches get)

3) They let go of 4 of his assistants - assistants that he needs to do well. Who gets to pick the new assistants? D'Antoni? Morey? The owner? Who knows.

4) This is a "title worthy" roster even though we have no idea who will be on the roster and everyone is on the trading block except Harden....

5) D'Antoni is expected to win no matter who's on the roster and no matter injuries because.... he's amongst the best of the best, eventhough... He won't be paid by one.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Well, so much for the theory that the $2.5M floor wasn't a cheap/lowball offer.

Fertitta and Morey went to D'Antoni's house to try to smooth things over and make sure there were no hard feelings.

Wonder where did Dreamshake disappear to? Dude's backing up the owner and even the owner's not even sticking to his offer....

Quote:
Sources: Rockets, D'Antoni close to extension

The Houston Rockets and Mike D'Antoni have rekindled discussions about a contract extension for the head coach and are nearing an agreement, sources told ESPN on Saturday.

Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta has agreed to eliminate the buyout language that was the primary reason that D'Antoni and his agent, Warren LeGarie, ended talks on May 30, sources said.

Fertitta and Rockets general manager Daryl Morey visited D'Antoni at his offseason home in West Virginia this week to smooth over any hard feelings.

LeGarie was not part of those discussions and told ESPN that a deal still needs to be worked out through him.

"Did Mike speak to those guys down there? Yes, he did," LeGarie told ESPN. "As always, they asked Mike what he thought, and Mike said, 'Sounds great, but talk to Warren.' Mike's job is coaching, and he leaves the negotiating to me.

"Mike is always affable with everybody out there, not trying to raise the rancor in a situation clearly gone astray."

After the previous talks ended, Fertitta told reporters during a hastily arranged media availability that the offer to D'Antoni was a one-year extension with a $5 million base salary plus $4 million in incentives for advancing in the playoffs.

However, the original offer included only $2.5 million in guaranteed money, due to a buyout in case the Rockets fired D'Antoni before the end of the season, or if they did not make the playoffs and terminated him after the season.

LeGarie maintains D'Antoni deserves a multiyear extension with a higher base salary than what the Rockets have offered so far.

dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

Fertitta and Morey went to D'Antoni's house to try to smooth things over and make sure there were no hard feelings.

Wonder where did Dreamshake disappear to? Dude's backing up the owner and even the owner's not even sticking to his offer....

Quote:

The Houston Rockets and Mike D'Antoni have rekindled discussions about a contract extension for the head coach and are nearing an agreement, sources told ESPN on Saturday.

Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta has agreed to eliminate the buyout language that was the primary reason that D'Antoni and his agent, Warren LeGarie, ended talks on May 30, sources said.

Fertitta and Rockets general manager Daryl Morey visited D'Antoni at his offseason home in West Virginia this week to smooth over any hard feelings.

LeGarie was not part of those discussions and told ESPN that a deal still needs to be worked out through him.

"Did Mike speak to those guys down there? Yes, he did," LeGarie told ESPN. "As always, they asked Mike what he thought, and Mike said, 'Sounds great, but talk to Warren.' Mike's job is coaching, and he leaves the negotiating to me.

"Mike is always affable with everybody out there, not trying to raise the rancor in a situation clearly gone astray."

After the previous talks ended, Fertitta told reporters during a hastily arranged media availability that the offer to D'Antoni was a one-year extension with a $5 million base salary plus $4 million in incentives for advancing in the playoffs.

However, the original offer included only $2.5 million in guaranteed money, due to a buyout in case the Rockets fired D'Antoni before the end of the season, or if they did not make the playoffs and terminated him after the season.

LeGarie maintains D'Antoni deserves a multiyear extension with a higher base salary than what the Rockets have offered so far.

Meanwhile the lakers couldn't "smooth it over" with ty lue and had to settle for a choice not in their original pool while adding a "wife beater" in the process.

And you wonder why the lakers have so much drama unlike other teams...
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Quote:

Meanwhile the lakers couldn't "smooth it over" with ty lue and had to settle for a choice not in their original pool while adding a "wife beater" in the process.

And you wonder why the lakers have so much drama unlike other teams...

Easier to smooth things over with someone who’s still under contract. I was aLuesupporter and I understand why he wanted more years just like I understood that it was only for the Lebron Years.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:11 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

1. The Rockets were title contenders this year.

2. The owner still feels like they will be next year. His opinion is all that really matters as far as him extending an offer.

3. Mike still rejected the offer after they removed the 2.5M language. There has been nothing reported about the offsetting 4M of incentives. It seems like Mike either wants a longer extension (years wise) or an increase in salary to only do a one year.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:49 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

1. The Rockets were title contenders this year.

2. The owner still feels like they will be next year. His opinion is all that really matters as far as him extending an offer.

3. Mike still rejected the offer after they removed the 2.5M language. There has been nothing reported about the offsetting 4M of incentives. It seems like Mike either wants a longer extension (years wise) or an increase in salary to only do a one year.

Oh there's Dreamshake.

Hey, does roster matter?

Seems like you're dodging his question....
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Oh there's Dreamshake.

Hey, does roster matter?

I never left. I did stop answering the same question from you multiple times, similar to this question.

Dreamshake wrote:
I've stated my position on that multiple times, and asked you a follow up question that it doesn't appear you ever answered. Coaches have lost their best players and still made the playoffs. Go "coach". The playoffs is not some high benchmark.

Dreamshake wrote:
I haven't contradicted myself at all. Simply read the multiple answers you get to the questions you keep asking (over and over again) and my point should be clear. Making the playoffs is not a high gauge of success, period. Over half the teams in the league make the playoffs. Go "coach". Making the playoffs definitely is not this owners gauge of success for a team he feels is a title contender, which is all that's really relevant. He feels that no way should this team miss the postseason. It's a low barometer of success. No where will you find heavy odds of this team missing the playoffs. If you feel that strongly about it then go make a Vegas bet and get rich. You are hung up on a floor that the odds say won't get met with this team. And the offset of taking that low odd risk are odds of increased pay, nearly double your salary.

I can't make it anymore clear. I'm typing the same response over and over again.

Reading is fundamental.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Oh there's Dreamshake.

Hey, does roster matter?

I never left. I did stop answering the same question from you multiple times, similar to this question.

Dreamshake wrote:
I've stated my position on that multiple times, and asked you a follow up question that it doesn't appear you ever answered. Coaches have lost their best players and still made the playoffs. Go "coach". The playoffs is not some high benchmark.

Dreamshake wrote:
I haven't contradicted myself at all. Simply read the multiple answers you get to the questions you keep asking (over and over again) and my point should be clear. Making the playoffs is not a high gauge of success, period. Over half the teams in the league make the playoffs. Go "coach". Making the playoffs definitely is not this owners gauge of success for a team he feels is a title contender, which is all that's really relevant. He feels that no way should this team miss the postseason. It's a low barometer of success. No where will you find heavy odds of this team missing the playoffs. If you feel that strongly about it then go make a Vegas bet and get rich. You are hung up on a floor that the odds say won't get met with this team. And the offset of taking that low odd risk are odds of increased pay, nearly double your salary.

I can't make it anymore clear. I'm typing the same response over and over again.

Reading is fundamental.

Cool,

So one simple question.

Does roster matter?

Just yes or no is fine. No need for the rest of the fluff. All this dancing around is unbecoming.

Yup, reading is fundamental and no where in there do I see a yes or a no. This is a simple question that only requires a yes or no answer. No need for some long answer that doesn't even have a yes or no in there.

It's pretty obvious at this point you're unwilling to commit yourself to a yes or a no so you've started dancing. As soon as you got caught contradicting yourself that's when all this dancing started happening.

So, simple answer please, yes or no.

I'll even take a Y or an N if it's too long to type for you.

Or you can use emojis,

Spanish? Si o No?
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

No fluff. Just read the multiple responses. My stance is as clear as one can make it.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
No fluff. Just read the multiple responses. My stance is as clear as one can make it.

Boy, you sure are spending alot of time avoiding a simple yes or no.

How about this...

I'm going to answer the question for you. Should you not speak up, I'll take that as a confirmation. Fair?

Here we go:

Question: Does roster matter?

Dreamshake's answer: NO
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

Boy, you sure are spending alot of time avoiding a simple yes or no.

How about this...

I'm going to answer the question for you. Should you not speak up, I'll take that as a confirmation. Fair?

Here we go:

Question: Does roster matter?

Dreamshakes answer: NO

Question: Thank you for that answer Dreamshake. Next question then...

So you expect D'Antoni to make the playoffs no matter the roster, is that correct?

Dreamshake's answer: Yes. He should make the playoffs no matter the roster. Whether injury or not. Look at all the top coaches in the league, they all make the playoffs in spite of the injuries.

Pop
Doc Rivers
Nate McMillan
Kevin McHale

D'Antoni should be held to those guys' standards. He should make the playoffs no matter the roster. Because roster does not matter. A top coach makes the playoffs regardless of the roster he has.

Question: Thank you Dreamshake for that.

Now, you mentioned Doc Rivers making the playoffs in 2019. Did he also make it in 2018?

Dreamshake's answer: No

Question: How do you explain that?

Dreamshake's answer: Simple. I have another rule. I only count 2019 when it comes to Doc Rivers.

Question: And with regards to Nate McMillan and Kevin McHale, you used them as examples. Now, Nate McMillan has made the playoffs in only 8 of his 15 seasons; McHale in only 3 of his 6 years of coaching. How do you explain that?

Dreamshake's answer:
Quote:
Now go back and let us know how many of those teams were considered title contenders, like the Rockets.

Question: But Dreamshake, didn't we just establish that roster does not matter?

Dreamshake's answer: It doesn't. This is why reading is fundamental. Go back and read again.

Question: I did, and it seems that you are contradicting yourself.

Dreamshake's answer: Look man. Go back and read again. I'm not contradicting myself. You keep asking the same questions over and over again. Read again. My answers are all there and they will make sense.

Bottom line... my answer stands.

Question: And what is your answer Dreamshake?

Dreamshake's answer:
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: