Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 650, 651, 652 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
The Gasol trade considered to be a low ball offer actually came close to be a fair trade

It was a bad trade by Memphis. If they looked around more they could have done better. But they got lucky and Marc Gasol panned out. In the end, it was a fair trade.

No, they couldn’t have, Kwame was the biggest ending contract in the league at that time.

LOL... ah yes the patented Ventura "I am on a fly on the wall in every NBA office and even league officials and GMs don't know as much as my wondrous self!"

Anyway Memphis has acknowledged they didn't look around much and they think they could have made a better trade if they did.

I know the hubris that the people who actually made the trade think they know more than the all-knowing Ventura. You are our Oz

Memphis traded Gasol to cut payroll. That was the report of why they did it at the time. Kwame was an ending $9 mil contract while Pau was owed $50 mil over 3 years. They received no actual NBA players.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
What makes you think any of those packages are enough for AD?

Again...what FO (outside of the Lakers, Knicks, Clipppers and Bucks) is going to gut their team and trade away all their future draft picks for a player that says he's leaving after the season?

Of the four teams... the Lakers will be able to offer the best player (Ball or Ingram) and second best draft pick (with the Knicks picking 3rd).

The only way AD doesn't end up in LA is if the Bucks do the unthinkable and trade Giannis Antetokounmpo (zero chance of that happening) or the Pelicans going with a lesser deal just to screw LA and Klutch Sports.

Pelicans blew it when they turned down Magic's incompetent trade offer.

My prediction... Lakers will end up with AD while keeping either Ball or Ingram. Followed by the Lakers signing Kyrie is Ball is trade or Butler if Ingram is traded.

Personally... I think a Lakers team with Ball, Butler, AD... would make us one of the top 5 defenses in the NBA.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject:

I'm barely interested in watching a team made entirely of blockbuster free agent signings and trades.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
I'm gonna be honest, I just looked for the trade in which I didn't see Ingram's name and then I clicked on it.

cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject:

We should be able to land Davis with Ball/Ingram/4th and keep Kuzma/Hart/Wagner...

Kyrie
Hart
LeBron
Kuzma
Davis/Wagner

+Room Exception
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject:

All I want is Kawhi.

That's it.

Just Kawhi, and then we can put all the trade talk to rest.

Lonzo/Garland
BI/Hart
Kawhi/Kuz
Lebron
McGee/Wagner

The 2-max plan would be an ultimate success.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
no thanks
even though he had a career year last year he proved that he is a good stats on bad team player who doesnt make his team better

You could say the same thing about Davis who was on the exact same team. But played far fewer games.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yes, I do. Been a fan for 35 years. They have built a solid executive staff, not a bunch of BFFs.

The Pels built a solid executive staff? C'mon now. Prior to hiring Griffin (not sure what changes he has made since being hired), their FO was allegedly made up mainly of football execs... they've had a generational talent like AD for 7 years, yet couldn't build a team around him that got them sniffing the conference finals... have thrown away many picks/assets... taken on bad contracts (Solomon Hill, E'twaun Moore). They'd have been dead in the water if they hadn't lucked into the #1 pick and also lost AD for a meagre return. Why are you not holding them accountable for their results in the same way you do our FO?

They added the Saints execs last season after Tom Benson died. This draft and free agency will be their first. They are seasoned at running a sports franchise, they don’t consist of a rookie player agent and the Rambis’.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
The Gasol trade considered to be a low ball offer actually came close to be a fair trade

It was a bad trade by Memphis. If they looked around more they could have done better. But they got lucky and Marc Gasol panned out. In the end, it was a fair trade.

No, they couldn’t have, Kwame was the biggest ending contract in the league at that time.

LOL... ah yes the patented Ventura "I am on a fly on the wall in every NBA office and even league officials and GMs don't know as much as my wondrous self!"

Anyway Memphis has acknowledged they didn't look around much and they think they could have made a better trade if they did.

I know the hubris that the people who actually made the trade think they know more than the all-knowing Ventura. You are our Oz

Memphis traded Gasol to cut payroll. That was the report of why they did it at the time. Kwame was an ending $9 mil contract while Pau was owed $50 mil over 3 years. They received no actual NBA players.

The great and powerful Oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Ventura might be rejuvenated with the 4th overall pick like I am. Lol he’s locked in and on top of his game lately
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Ventura might be rejuvenated with the 4th overall pick like I am. Lol he’s locked in and on top of his game lately

Well, he does have a self-imposed quota of 50 posts a day. That's tough on the fingers
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:26 am    Post subject:

I chose to keep Ingram because although Ball fits the lineup better, his most unique talent, passing, will not be utilised well. He will be used as a 3&D guy who typically won’t cost too much and can be picked up in the free agency. I still think Ingram has the highest ceiling among our young core. It also seems Ball has more off the court distractions. I want us to be a good team even post LBJ era and I think Ingram will be the key player at that time.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:05 am    Post subject:

Everyone who prefers Ingram, Lonzo and #4 should be banned
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
I chose to keep Ingram because although Ball fits the lineup better, his most unique talent, passing, will not be utilised well. He will be used as a 3&D guy who typically won’t cost too much and can be picked up in the free agency. I still think Ingram has the highest ceiling among our young core. It also seems Ball has more off the court distractions. I want us to be a good team even post LBJ era and I think Ingram will be the key player at that time.

And no one is going to talk about how ad and lonzo are nba twins Huh?
As they both can’t stay healthy and play only half a season. How they going to do this amazing defense from the bench in street clothes? 😅
How is that going to work? Is silver changing the rules this year ?
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

Can KCP be signed and traded then included in a package in order to make salaries match? Because if so, the most I’d give up is Ingram, KCP (~$10M per), and the #4 for AD.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject:

Wow. 37% say no to AD trade.
I'm actually impressed
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I'm actually impressed

Does not surprise me. It's a high risk option with limited return.

And apparently we should all be banned.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

Eff LeBron and Klutch. Send LeBron + 4th for Zion.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
22 wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:
Trade Lebron to NO for Zion + filler.

When you all return to plant earth, send notice.

This is just a fun typo.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I'm actually impressed

Same. Surprised me a bit.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:
I'm actually impressed

Nah. Every team's fan base becomes emotionally invested in their young guys.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Everyone who prefers Ingram, Lonzo and #4 should be banned

Everyone enjoys a good train wreck
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:
I'm actually impressed

Nah. Every team's fan base becomes emotionally invested in their young guys.

I guess, though I wonder if some posters here have a nagging feeling that AD isn't the player you want to go all in for.

Giannis? Sure.

But AD seems like an underwhelming prize for being so bad the past six seasons.
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

Sounds like a great idea, trade away all our assets for a guy who might leave anyway, a guy with nonexistent playoff success and injury problems. Let’s say we gut the entire team to make room for AD - what then? We need a freaking team, not LBJ+AD and the likes of Bonga and Wagner, that ain’t cutting (bleep). Ingram is special, Ball is special. They deserve another season, an injury free season, to show what they can do.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Reverse engineering "Godfather" trades (AD related)

venturalakersfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

1 - They had to decide whether Vlade - who had great potential - was the guy they could win chips with. The answer was "no" and they moved on. Vlade left and became a Hall of Famer - and the Lakers won chips.

2 - They had to make salary decisions about the young guys and basically traded NVE & Eddie rather than extending them. That is going to be a decision for BI next year, Zo the year after and we see what the decision was with Randle.

3 - They moved Seldom after it was clear that he was a bad fit next to Shaq. There are big questions as to how the "young core" guys fit next to LBJ.

I don't agree with a lot of this.

1. Divac was a 7-year veteran when he was traded; he wasn't a promising prospect, he was a solid, veteran center. If you could get Shaq at the cost of losing Divac it was a no brainer.

2. The Lakers thought Eddie and Kobe were both SGs who couldn't co-exist so they got rid of Eddie for Glen Rice, believing they needed a shooter. In retrospect, it's hard to understand why the Lakers didn't think Eddie could play SF; he would have fit better with the team. Nick was a completely different situation. The Lakers basically gave him away because they thought he was a cancer. It had nothing to do with salary.

3. Getting rid of Elden was a mistake, in my opinion. He and Shaq played OK together. I'd say the Campbell-Eddie trade was more about the mistaken belief that they needed a sharpshooter like Rice, and Campbell was part of the cost, than it was about getting rid of Elden.

I believe the team would have been better if we had kept Eddie and Campbell rather than trade him for Rice.

Eddie was up to be paid, the Lakers didn’t want to pay him. They traded for Rice who was up to be paid. They didn’t want to and traded for Grant. He was up to be paid so they let him walk. Dr. Buss was very tight with his money. I’m not sure that he could hang in today’s NBA. We know that his kids can’t.

GO PLAY THE LOTTERY -VLF AND I AGREE ON SOMETHING!

Let me be clear to those who think I am out to "gratuitously bash" Dr. Buss: I completely dug his being cautious financially! It is axiomatic that those who are successful in business over the long term are the ones who carefully watch asset allocation and don't waste money on non-essentials.

Dr. Buss nearly lost everything in the 80s by over-leveraging. He learned from that and - quite frankly - ended being right most of the time.

Michael Cooper: Tried to hold out, Buss hardballed him and Coop relented.

Del Harris: constantly whined about not being one of the top paid HCs despite a (good) coach - Buss blew him out instead of giving him a raise.

Jerry West: consensus was a big bonus (or a piece of the team) would've kept West, but Buss let him walk and went to 6 more Finals (winning 4) in the next ten years.

Phil Jackson: Buss uncharacteristcally spent $$$ on Phil - who then turned an underperforming team into champions.

Phil Jackson (2): After Jackson was let go, Buss swallowed his pride and brought Phil back, getting 2 more chips.

Shaq/Kobe: Buss had to make a call - pay Shaq, pay Kobe or pay both. It's unclear whether paying both was an option, but he made the correct (and fiscally cheaper) call to pay Kobe.

Meanwhile, Buss' initial $67 million investment has probably increased 800-900% in 40 years, plus what he earned in salary/profit, income from ancillary businesses (the cable channel he launched, etc.,), profits from selling the Kings, the real estate Cooke included in the deal, etc.

Being tight with a buck paid off for Dr. Buss.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 650, 651, 652 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 651 of 1425
Jump to: