Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 651, 652, 653 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
Eff LeBron and Klutch. Send LeBron + 4th for Zion.

Hey don’t be giving all that away! Not without them taking the jewels of the lakers bad contracts:
Kurt Rambis +Linda +shadow GM Phil Jackson + that top recruiter former POb magic
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Yong wrote:
Eff LeBron and Klutch. Send LeBron + 4th for Zion.

Hey don’t be giving all that away! Not without them taking the jewels of the lakers bad contracts:
Kurt Rambis +Linda +shadow GM Phil Jackson + that top recruiter former POb magic

Lol right!!!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

1. I agree that Lonzo would be nice with AD.
2. At this time, I think Lebron will make AD a better version of himself (more than Lonzo would). Again, at this time.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
I think LeBron would make AD great(er); Zo would be long gone in
the trade.

no man....AD needs Lonzo Ball to become great
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
deal wrote:
I think LeBron would make AD great(er); Zo would be long gone in
the trade.

no man....AD needs Lonzo Ball to become great

got it !!!
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject:

I really like Ball.. been accused of being a young core stan on more than one occasion.

With that being said we are going way overboard suggesting that Zo, would make Anthony freaking Davis better. It's laughable.

I did notice that he was really starting to get a feel for orchestrating in half court sets before his injury, if that were to continue I could see him being a guy that elevates the players around him outside of transition play.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Wagner, Bonga, Muscala
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
epak wrote:
Wow. 37% say no to AD trade.
I'm actually impressed

Same. Surprised me a bit.

Nah. Every team's fan base becomes emotionally invested in their young guys.

I guess, though I wonder if some posters here have a nagging feeling that AD isn't the player you want to go all in for.

Giannis? Sure.

But AD seems like an underwhelming prize for being so bad the past six seasons.

All in, hell no. But I’ll risk 80% of my pot for him
Jenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Must keep one of Lonzo/BI. I'd try to keep Lonzo.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
epak wrote:
Wow. 37% say no to AD trade.
I'm actually impressed

Same. Surprised me a bit.

Nah. Every team's fan base becomes emotionally invested in their young guys.

I guess, though I wonder if some posters here have a nagging feeling that AD isn't the player you want to go all in for.

Giannis? Sure.

But AD seems like an underwhelming prize for being so bad the past six seasons.

All in, hell no. But I’ll risk 80% of my pot for him

I guess. Since it's legalized in California.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject:

I won’t trade Ingram+Ball+#4 for any player
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:04 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:21 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:

If we have this mindset, it is fine. We also have to accept that then we need to already be looking at Lebron's replacement in 2 years. We will not be winning a title until Ball/Ingram/4th pick/others are 23-25, with playoff experience. By that time, LBJ is done. So you need that #1 superstar to take over for LBJ. Hard to find. Please don't tell me anyone here thinks that Ball or Ingram are that #1 on a ring team. No. What we have with Lebron is the hardest thing to get in the NBA. A #1 player on a championship team. You can not get this type of asset in the NBA, easily. Look at what Kawhi did for the Raps, in 1 year. That's why, I say we should be far more willing to move assets to surround LBJ with the group that can win it all immediately. I'm usually a longterm guy. In this case, there isn't a reason to be patient. We need to be aggressive. We need to do everything in our power to surround LBJ with those players that can help him win a championship right away. If we can not do that by July 15, I would try to convince Lebron that a trade is in his and the Lakers best interests. We should then try to move LBJ for longterm assets.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:56 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Sina wrote:

If we have this mindset, it is fine. We also have to accept that then we need to already be looking at Lebron's replacement in 2 years. We will not be winning a title until Ball/Ingram/4th pick/others are 23-25, with playoff experience. By that time, LBJ is done. So you need that #1 superstar to take over for LBJ. Hard to find. Please don't tell me anyone here thinks that Ball or Ingram are that #1 on a ring team. No. What we have with Lebron is the hardest thing to get in the NBA. A #1 player on a championship team. You can not get this type of asset in the NBA, easily. Look at what Kawhi did for the Raps, in 1 year. That's why, I say we should be far more willing to move assets to surround LBJ with the group that can win it all immediately. I'm usually a longterm guy. In this case, there isn't a reason to be patient. We need to be aggressive. We need to do everything in our power to surround LBJ with those players that can help him win a championship right away. If we can not do that by July 15, I would try to convince Lebron that a trade is in his and the Lakers best interests. We should then try to move LBJ for longterm assets.

Look why give up anything when the person can walk next year?

Why give up anything when you can do it at trade deadline and see what pieces you actually got?

why trade for a often injury guy? why because he klutch?because Magic wanted it done? He wants out? All stupid reasons...CLUE DO THE OPPOSITE OF MAGIC AND WE IN A BETTER POSITION!

YOU talk about KL but ad been there all his career and he hadnt done nothing. Im soi tired of people thinking WE should give away the farm for this guy when other teams of gave up 2 2nd rounders and some crumbs for 1 year stars and the media says "WElp that was fair SINCE HE WAS LEAVING ANYWAY"...WHY MUST WE SALE THE FARM TO APPEASE LEKING AND ESPN BY DOING SOMETHING SOOOOOOOO STUUUUUUUUPID?!!!!

say you get AD and trade your core....and you even lucky to get that third star......WHO IS YOU BENCH? WHO IS YOUR 2 other players? Cauroso and another G-league player? JUST BUILDING Mediocrity for the next decade...WHOOOOPIEEEEEE!
Grodyman
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

No trade, screw NO. They should have taken Magic's desperation offer.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject:

Why would NO want:

Hart? He's over rated by Lakers fans, can't shoot, and plays no defense.

Lonzo? He's proved he'll miss 30 games every year, he's by far the worst shooter of all time, and he will never get better. Rubio is much better and his father isn't as annoying.

Ingram? If he's not a superstar after 3 years, he never will be, and he can't be trusted to make 3's.

Kuzma? After 2 years he only has high scoring games sometimes, so clearly Tatum and Siakam are better, and it's not even close. Besides, he hasn't played defense since high school.

AD plays nearly 67 games every year, spaces the floor with 31% career 3's, and his 23+ ppg is more than the young guys normally score. His Jokic-like career 2 assists per game will help our offense look like the Warriors.

Although AD never dominated enough to lead his team deep in the playoffs, like Kareem, who was traded for 4 players, today's inflation demands that AD should bring a minimum of 6 assets in return. Don't be overly concerned that there's not a big market legitimately competing for his services since he's a 1 year rental for other teams.

No doubt, the Lakers would be fleecing NO if they only traded these guys, a #4, and future picks. Like Magic said, you HAVE to have stars.

Last edited by lakersboy on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Why would NO want:

Hart? He's over rated by Lakers fans, can't shoot, and plays no defense.

Lonzo? He's proved he'll miss 30 games every year, is he's by far the worst shooter of all time, and will never get better. Rubio is much better and his father isn't as annoying.

Ingram? If he's not a superstar after 3 years, he never will be, and he can't be trusted to make 3's.

Kuzma? After 2 years he only has high scoring games sometimes, so clearly Tatum and Siakam are better, and it's not even close. Besides, he hasn't played defense since high school.

AD plays nearly 67 games every year, spaces the floor with 31% career 3's, and his 23+ ppg is more than the young guys normally score. His Jokic-like career 2 assists per game will help our offense look like the Warriors.

Although AD never dominated enough to lead his team deep in the playoffs, like Kareem, who was traded for 4 players, today's inflation demands that AD should bring a minimum of 6 assets in return.

Clearly the Lakers would be fleecing NO if they only traded these guys, a #4, and future picks. Like Magic said, you HAVE to have stars.

Please ad never led his team nowhere and he in the East and that whole 2 assist a game? Wooaa if only lonzo could get that many..lol! Kuz Ingram and lonzo can do alit better than just one AD.
Ummm when you trade them for this one guy ummm who is going to be your starting point gaurd? Caroso yeahhhh that’s going to win some games.
Oooh and our forward? Don’t tell me let me guess min lvl journey vet has been come onnnnn down! Come on Carmelo Anthony smh. insertion...hey let’s go back and get beas...see what he up to..smh.
Ohhh and not if but when ad get injured and sitting on the bench...does anyone think we going somewhere with what’s left? Pffft lmao! Also you say well due to inflation the lakers should give up all talent? What? Ad has one year left and only wants to play for two teams....who cares what griffin wants!
He should be happy with one player and a 2nd rounder and a bag of ole spoiled krisoy cream donuts. You don’t see ainge or any team running up to give griffin nothing Becausr they not a stupid inexperienced joke like magic...so why do the lakers got to be? I just don’t get it I guess...
I really wish magic never came here and Jerry West did
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

In light of this:

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/12/anthony-davis-free-agency-2020-pelicans-trade-rumors

I think no trade. Keep the pieces, see what they do. If AD comes, then figure out what next, including trading the guys who don't finally come through this year.

Seems like Paul is yelling he may leave to whoever and signalling he doesn't want any good pieces not wherever he goes. Maybe he like Zo Ingram and Kuz and the #4 asset? Is this reasoning sound, given the cost of another Lebron year lost in non-contention?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

If we keep Kuz, give Kyrie the max:

AD
Kuz
LeBron
_____
Kyrie

If we kept BI, spread the remaining money around

AD
LeBron
Ingram
Green
Beverly

If we kept Lonzo, spread the money around

AD
Mirotic
LeBron
Green
Lonzo
srekal2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

I am too much of a homer on this. I think both Ball and Ingram will be top 10 players in this league in a couple years. No way we give both. Sadly, I am not sold on Kuzma, his defense and poor 3 point efficiency last year and in college concern me. Trade Kuzma, Hart, 4th and a future 1st.

I guess I vote no trade and roll with Kyrie and our youth. LeBron might not be thrilled but I think we can win without AD.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

whichever lets us keep lonzo. he's the glue that will make LBJ + AD work.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
I'm gonna be honest, I just looked for the trade in which I didn't see Ingram's name and then I clicked on it.

I did the same 😂😂
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Where is the option to trade LBJ?
dogstar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject:

So looks the the answer was everyone but Kuz!
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject:

I've changed my mind after seeing BI improve post all-star break. I would not trade both BI and Lonzo. Pelicans can take one of BI/Lonzo and any other 2 players + the #4. If we trade both BI/Lonzo, they'll be kicking our asses in 2 seasons. You don't want to help create the next Western juggernaut for a 2 year window.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 651, 652, 653 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 652 of 1425
Jump to: