Official: KD with Achilles Injury
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject: Official: KD with Achilles Injury

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kevin-durant-injury-update-warriors-president-says-k-d-suffered-achilles-injury-in-game-5-of-nba-finals-will-have-mri/
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject:

I thought it was always an Achilles problem..this confirms it for me. His reaction and Curry’s.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject:

It looked bad. Won't know the exact prognosis until his MRI tomorrow.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Same, he never once touched his calf.

I hope this lays to rest the notion that Kobe's exhaustion and injuries didn't contribute to him blowing his achilles. All the talk about you can blow your achilles walking down the street. Sure, you can. But we have a very similar incident here, a guy trying to fight for his teams season while battling through injury. Achilles injuries are not common. Either lightning has struck twice, or the fatigue and compensating for other injuries has an effect.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject:

I actually think he’s going to come back and still be a 25ppg high efficiency scorer. Looking at Rudy Gay come back and still be a solid version of himself. Also looking at Kawhi be less athletic than he was in SA all season.. and especially in the playoffs and still be a walking 30 piece. It really sucks that KD’s peak is probably done though. That hurts. He was special. And now I just am hoping he’s great

Maybe we see more Dirk high-post stuff from him as opposed to the crossovers.. still a great shooter..still Center length , his reach is 4” higher than Siakam when u consider his real height. still a freak and I think he can adapt and be great

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject:

I wish I owned the Warriors so I could personally fire the (bleep) out of Bob Myers.

Half apologizing. Crying for the cameras. Disgusting. Announce the injury and get off stage. Can't believe people are buying his bs. He's just trying to get sympathy for himself.

Last edited by kikanga on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject:

GSW better give KD a super max contract to compensate for this injury. I'm not saying they pressured him to go out there today before he was ready, but KD risked his entire career tonight and hopefully GSW shows appreciation of that
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
GSW better give KD a super max contract to compensate for this injury. I'm not saying they pressured him to go out there today before he was ready, but KD risked his entire career tonight and hopefully GSW shows appreciation of that

It's a business. I doubt they'd ever do that. Durant's fortunate to have a $31 million player option.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Feel bad for KD, wish him a speedy recovery (if that's even possible)!

This one is on the warriors management/coaching/staff. What a F***ed up organization.. And i live in the SF Bay area
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject:

If I’m the nets im pissed
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

KD probably opts in one .ore year and uses it to heal. This injury likely shakes the free agency moves
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:

At this point, why would the Nets or any other team give him a max contract, knowing that in all likelihood he'll be, at best, a solid complementary player?

If I'm Kyrie Irving I would forget about teaming up with him. If he does, it would probably be a lateral move and his frustration at not having enough help or anyone to help him do the heavy lifting will continue.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Man. I feel sorry for KD. Probably a lot of pressure to play too.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Dubs are honor bound to give him another 1+1.

Lakers did Kobe a solid, Dubs owe KD . . . and their cap is wrecked . . .
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

Unfortunately, unless there were major advances in between when Kobe got injured back in 2013 and 2019, that was probably the end of peak KD.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

slavavov wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

At this point, why would the Nets or any other team give him a max contract, knowing that in all likelihood he'll be, at best, a solid complementary player?

If I'm Kyrie Irving I would forget about teaming up with him. If he does, it would probably be a lateral move and his frustration at not having enough help or anyone to help him do the heavy lifting will continue.

I'm not sure if that's true... I think if anyone could still come back and play at a high level it's KD.

Last edited by LKA on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I wish I owned the Warriors so I could personally fire the (bleep) out of Bob Myers.

Half apologizing. Crying for the cameras. Disgusting. Announce the injury and get off stage. Can't believe people are buying his bs. He's just trying to get sympathy for himself.

You don't think it's possible that Myers was crying because he knew it was (partly) his fault, and also because the injury likely wiped out their best chance at another championship, either this year or in the future?
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

Exactly my point they just cleared all this space. What if Kyrie back out now knowing kd will opt in with the warriors ?
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

I'm not sure if that's true... I think if anyone could still come back and play at a high level it's KD.

KD, like Kobe, relied on his shot creating ability and fluid athleticism to score at an elite level. If that's now gone, I don't see him playing at a high level again.

Maybe he can still be a good spot-up shooter and get around 15 a game. But remember that when he comes back he'll be 32, and that he has his share of mileage too.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Unfortunately, unless there were major advances in between when Kobe got injured back in 2013 and 2019, that was probably the end of peak KD.

If he comes back at 70% of what he was.. He's still better than 70% of the leagues active personnel.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Dominique Wilkins is the only NBAer that I recall who came back at an All-NBA level after an Achilles tear. I believe he was 33 when he came back and averaged 30 ppg.

Last edited by Dr. Laker on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
LKA wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

KD, like Kobe, relied on his shot creating ability and fluid athleticism to score at an elite level. If that's now gone, I don't see him playing at a high level again.

Maybe he can still be a good spot-up shooter and get around 15 a game. But remember that when he comes back he'll be 32, and that he has his share of mileage too.

Kobe was never the shooter that Durant is , that's the difference I'm saying. I think Kobe relied on it more than KD. KD is still 7 foot can shoot right over guys and still a great shooter
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
slavavov wrote:
LKA wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

Kobe was never the shooter that Durant is , that's the difference I'm saying. I think Kobe relied on it more than KD. KD is still 7 foot can shoot right over guys and still a great shooter

Do you think KD will still be able to create his own shot well enough to score 25 a game when he comes back?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject:

here's Rudy Gay with a dunk off his left leg which is the achilles he tore. KD tore his right, which is less commonly used as the jumping leg for righties...
Rudy doesn't move exactly like he used to, but he is 32 and heavier than before

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
LKA wrote:
slavavov wrote:
LKA wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

Do you think KD will still be able to create his own shot well enough to score 25 a game when he comes back?

Idk man.. maybe I'm just being overly optimistic because that's one of my favorite players. I wanna say he could probably still average 20+ just by shooting over guys from the perimeter and post... but idk.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9
Jump to: