OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1656, 1657, 1658 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:57 am    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
OCWA wrote:
governator wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
LaVar is on The Herd right now, he saying Lonzo can play with Zion and will make Zion good!

wow, I mean it's looking more and more AD is coming

The way the FO has f'd up everything lately, I truly expect us to get AD in exchange for all of our young guys. And NO will end up being better than us next year. Wouldn't that be funny?

You have a dark sense of humor.

In my warped nightmare, BI and ZO pop, Zion crushes, and NO lands a high playoff seed. Then Bron gets injured again and AD once again leads another team(Lakers) to mediocrity. We would once again be the top story in the league though.

Well I have news for you, this is a very likely timeline. We send our whole core to Pel, most of them are due for a breakthrough, to join Zion/Randle?

You saw Kings? They don't have Lebron. But they held onto their young players, and they almost made the playoffs despite their extreme youth. That's Pelicans 2020 for you, except better.

Meanwhile, we are stuck with 35 yo LeBron who's forcing the team on moves to try salvage his legacy, and AD, who hasn't seemed to do well with a thin roster, which is exactly what we will have after the trade.

Eff this management and LBJ
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:27 am    Post subject:

If Lonzo gets traded to NO, we can bring him back after Lebron's contract expires. Maybe he can get Zion to come play with him L.A. after that. He will only be 25 years old when the time comes. Perfect timing.
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:42 am    Post subject:

LVLAKERFAN wrote:
If Lonzo gets traded to NO, we can bring him back after Lebron's contract expires. Maybe he can get Zion to come play with him L.A. after that. He will only be 25 years old when the time comes. Perfect timing.

They'll be a restricted free agent; which means if they have had good
basketball years, N.O. will match any offers. IF Zo is traded, he's gone.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
OCWA wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
OCWA wrote:
governator wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
LaVar is on The Herd right now, he saying Lonzo can play with Zion and will make Zion good!

The way the FO has f'd up everything lately, I truly expect us to get AD in exchange for all of our young guys. And NO will end up being better than us next year. Wouldn't that be funny?

In my warped nightmare, BI and ZO pop, Zion crushes, and NO lands a high playoff seed. Then Bron gets injured again and AD once again leads another team(Lakers) to mediocrity. We would once again be the top story in the league though.

Well I have news for you, this is a very likely timeline. We send our whole core to Pel, most of them are due for a breakthrough, to join Zion/Randle?

You saw Kings? They don't have Lebron. But they held onto their young players, and they almost made the playoffs despite their extreme youth. That's Pelicans 2020 for you, except better.

Meanwhile, we are stuck with 35 yo LeBron who's forcing the team on moves to try salvage his legacy, and AD, who hasn't seemed to do well with a thin roster, which is exactly what we will have after the trade.

KD went down, field is open next season, most def FO gonna fast track the contender team assembly
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

But when would Lavar say Lonzo couldn't play with a player or make them good? The guy literally just says the same thing the only difference is the teams/players/coaches mentioned. Haha.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Harrison Faigen
@hmfaigen

This is from this video (h/t Lakers Reddit for catching it) of Lonzo working with a new physical therapist that tries to help athletes reduce injuries

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByjsX4EHu_U/?igshid=bi4n5lgxpgau

Lonzo is going to be good next year.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

Yong wrote:

Don't you have a source that says we're signing a major FA? LBJ+AD+FA will be great (unless the FA was KD).
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Yong wrote:

Don't you have a source that says we're signing a major FA? LBJ+AD+FA will be great (unless the FA was KD).

So racist.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

If Lonzo can only find his UCLA shooting percentage he would be a keeper.
Think it is just a matter of confidence.
The NBA defenders are a step above college at least.
But an open shot is an open shot anywhere.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
Harrison Faigen
@hmfaigen

This is from this video (h/t Lakers Reddit for catching it) of Lonzo working with a new physical therapist that tries to help athletes reduce injuries

This reminds me of Curry's exercises
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
Harrison Faigen
@hmfaigen

Upper body still looking swol'
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:
Harrison Faigen
@hmfaigen

This reminds me of Curry's exercises

The 2nd video, his ankles look healthy?
KOBemaster
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
Harrison Faigen
@hmfaigen

Wearing the Kobe IV’s Draft Day (Hornets)
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
Harrison Faigen
@hmfaigen

Best news I've seen all week! So happy to see the kid finally taking matters into his own hands with his training and going for elite people. Curry was doing these kinds of things to get his ankle back
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject:

The one thing Magic got right was drafting Lonzo. There was a lot of pressure all around to do something else but Magic didn't cave.

If Lonzo can survive the trade rumors/summer and is still on the roster in November, he's going to have a GREAT season for us.

Just get Kyrie or even trade for Bradley Beal and we are ready to compete with anyone next year. Don't give NOP any assets. Walk away. Let someone else overpay and snag AD in 2020.
LB2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
The one thing Magic got right was drafting Lonzo. There was a lot of pressure all around to do something else but Magic didn't cave.

If Lonzo can survive the trade rumors/summer and is still on the roster in November, he's going to have a GREAT season for us.

Just get Kyrie or even trade for Bradley Beal and we are ready to compete with anyone next year. Don't give NOP any assets. Walk away. Let someone else overpay and snag AD in 2020.

I really hope this is the outcome to be honest. Trading basically everyone youve been developing for the past few years PLUS draft picks is just too risky. AD is great but I'd rather see what these kids plus a better supporting cast can do next season.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

LB2 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

I really hope this is the outcome to be honest. Trading basically everyone youve been developing for the past few years PLUS draft picks is just too risky. AD is great but I'd rather see what these kids plus a better supporting cast can do next season.

I agree that the AD ask is too high. We still need to add an Attack Guard (like Kyrie or Beal) OR an elite Wing (like Kawhi).

I'm not a fan of overpaying for AD. I also don't think NOP will trade AD to LA so I don't think we should help them drive up the ask for AD.

If we remove our offer, it calls NOP's bluff and forces them to seek out better packages from teams AD will tell he doesn't want to be a part of. That should help bring the ask down.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
LB2 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

I agree that the AD ask is too high. We still need to add an Attack Guard (like Kyrie or Beal) OR an elite Wing (like Kawhi).

I'm not a fan of overpaying for AD. I also don't think NOP will trade AD to LA so I don't think we should help them drive up the ask for AD.

If we remove our offer, it calls NOP's bluff and forces them to seek out better packages from teams AD will tell he doesn't want to be a part of. That should help bring the ask down.

Been. Waiting for a young guy to show out for 4 seasons. I have only been disappointed so far. That doesn't mean it can't happen this season though.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
LB2 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Been. Waiting for a young guy to show out for 4 seasons. I have only been disappointed so far. That doesn't mean it can't happen this season though.

Get ready...it's happening this year.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Also, it's just so much better to have at least a couple guys on the team that blossomed here.. For me, it's what made Kobe my favorite player of all time.. I watched him grow from a 17 year old scrawny question mark to a top player of all time.. If we traded for Kobe 6-7 years into his career i'd still be a huge fan obviously just not at the same level. None of these current guys are going to reach Kobe level but it would feel so much better too see them be a part of the Lakers resurgence. I sure as hell don't want to trade everything for AD but I think the majority are in that camp now as well as the front office hopefully.

Still plenty of question marks surrounding all our guys but you'd be lying if you didnt also say there wasn't a ton of reachable potential still there as well.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:15 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
LB2 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

We always trade them away or let them walk before they really hit their stride. We valued cap space
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
defense wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
LB2 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

We always trade them away or let them walk before they really hit their stride. We valued cap space

Nance - meh
Clarkson - meh
Randle - meh
Russell - depends on what he gets paid. He damn sure is not worth his max

That whole line is over blown
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

Lonzo putting in the work. I really hope he doesnt get traded.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1138845768234819585
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

DD20045 wrote:
Lonzo putting in the work. I really hope he doesnt get traded.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1138845768234819585

Click the IG link above. And scroll to the 2nd video.
Him hopping on his ankles is more exciting than the twists imo.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
OCWA wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
OCWA wrote:
governator wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Take it one step further... AD becomes a rental for the Lakers (unless you’re talking sign and trade; in which case you’re matching salaries). Say Bron goes down with the groin again or worse... Do you rely on AD to extend in LA? We have a built in contingency that has proven to provide exciting ball. Add one max level talent or several vet role players to a talented team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1656, 1657, 1658 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1657 of 1688
Jump to: