2019 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD-RAPTORS 2019 CHAMPS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 402, 403, 404 ... 445, 446, 447  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:
73-9 and they LIED 🏁
@CuffsTheLegend

Bob Myers is a scumbag. Please don’t forget the snarky remark he made about Kd at the championship ceremony

Sweet. Our GM isn't the only one.

That scumbag cried genuine tears, not crocodile.

He's crying because he has to pay KD $32 million to not play next season.

The bigger question is are they going to offer the SuperMax? Hah.. you can bet that (bleep) is off the table.
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
governator wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Athletes are competitors. As such they have competitive spirits. No one forces them to play hurt, it's the nature of a competitor. Think Kobe.

What if KD had a broken foot all this time. And he couldn't put pressure on it. But he still wanted to play. Would Bob have let him? I don't think so. Because it would've hurt GS's chances to win.

It's convenient to say Bob is blameless and it's all on Durant. Bob cared about winning more than Durant's health. He took a calculated risk with Durant's health. And it had a disastrous result. If it wasn't an elimination game, Durant wouldn't have played. Bob deserves alot of the blame (along with Durant).

Not sure how the med team cleared him to play after just 4 weeks and 1 practice with the team with no contact on an injury that it suppose to take 6-8 weeks to heal.

Even if it was solely on KD to play... GS should have protected him. So to me, the fact that their down 3-1 in the finals with KD leaving after this season plays a role.

how is it on KD when he was medically cleared by the team docs?

Replying to poster saying no one forces them to play hurt. I think this was a collective decision because of what was on the line.

Go on with that. Does anyone honestly think they sat KD down and told him point blank that if he didn't completely rehab his calf there was a liklihood he could blow out his achillies? And he went along with it? And who even gives him that option anyhow?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject:

LAII wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:
73-9 and they LIED 🏁
@CuffsTheLegend

Bob Myers is a scumbag. Please don’t forget the snarky remark he made about Kd at the championship ceremony

The bigger question is are they going to offer the SuperMax? Hah.. you can bet that (bleep) is off the table.

Guessing good lawyers might push that before the warriors played him recklessly he was projected to receive supermax

If he can prove bad team related medical advice led to his injury?
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:

I'm also disappointed by the way he didn't take advantage of knowing Iggy would leave him unmarked to double-team Kawhi on the last play. He could have stayed closer to the paint for the quick pass and an easy two. Or even after he got the ball, he could have moved past Draymond for a closer/easier shot. I guess Draymond deserves some credit for his defense on that play, trying to cover both Gasol and Lowry...but the two numpties made it easy for him.

Lots of blame to go around the Raptors though. Green, VanVleet and Gasol also had turnovers/mistakes at key times during the game.

This is a great observation and huge missed opportunity by Lowry.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
LAII wrote:
jodeke wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
If I'm KD I'm bolting. (bleep) the Warriors. I hope the Knicks give him the full max and allow him to rehab and get back to 100%.

The way Golden State handled KDs situation this series is unacceptable.

KD wanted to play. Who was going to tell him he couldn't?

Uh the team.. since there he was CLEARLY not ready to go and could in fact to more damage to himself by playing as evidenced by the fact that he didn't even take contact.

I wonder if they pushed him because they figured he was leaving anyway. I could see someone selfishly saying “He won’t play for us next season anyway so let’s use him up!”

I don't think you really believe that.

I hope that’s not true. I don’t know, but it sure looked like he was going to play over 30 minutes in the game easily. And he was taking risks the way he played. They were really pushing him in this game.

Look at the video. He twisted his ankle, that was the reason he re-injured himself. Maybe he did come back to early, it may have not completely healed. At any rated HE wanted to play. I don't think the team pushed him.

What are you talking about? Where did he twist his ankle? I didn’t see that at all, so I went back to watch it again and I still don’t see it. He planted on it, and it popped.

vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject:

Was anyone saying he shouldn't have come back after he drained those three 3's early in the game and had a block?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

LAII wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:
73-9 and they LIED 🏁
@CuffsTheLegend

It was never on the table.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

I was thinking of how this compares to Kawhi and the Spurs. If you tell a player he is cleared to come back and he does, then gets injured. That's not a good look.

I don't know what happened behind the scenes though. All we know is what we're told. He was medically cleared to play (they didn't think it could cause further damage), he wanted to play, and a freak accident happened. I don't know if it really is fair to blame anyone unless you have a doctor that knew more and cleared him anyway but that's just conjecture.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

He should have never played
..they kept his injury secret this whole time. He should have listen to his body. He will never be the same
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

I'm also disappointed by the way he didn't take advantage of knowing Iggy would leave him unmarked to double-team Kawhi on the last play. He could have stayed closer to the paint for the quick pass and an easy two. Or even after he got the ball, he could have moved past Draymond for a closer/easier shot. I guess Draymond deserves some credit for his defense on that play, trying to cover both Gasol and Lowry...but the two numpties made it easy for him.

Lots of blame to go around the Raptors though. Green, VanVleet and Gasol also had turnovers/mistakes at key times during the game.

Thanks!

Total bummer, right? They should have closed it out already. I'm happy to have more basketball as a fan... but I definitely don't want to see GSW three-peat.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

GSW shot 48% from deep; that will win you some games.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

Thanks!

Total bummer, right? They should have closed it out already. I'm happy to have more basketball as a fan... but I definitely don't want to see GSW three-peat.

The Lakers aren't in it, I'm with VLF. I applaud greatness. I'd like the Warriors to show that kind greatness and bring home the Larry O'Brien with a 3peat. I've rooted for the Celts when they were playing a team who if they beat it would help us or they were playing the Spurs. Why not?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
poppajons
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
Will the dubs become the 2nd team in nba finals history to win after trailing 1-3?

I highly doubt it. The Warriors were clearly outmatched in every game without Durant and I don't see that changing moving forward.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

poppajons wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
Will the dubs become the 2nd team in nba finals history to win after trailing 1-3?

I highly doubt it. The Warriors were clearly outmatched in every game without Durant and I don't see that changing moving forward.

Momentum possesses a very fickled finger!
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

Thanks!

The Lakers aren't in it, I'm with VLF. I applaud greatness. I'd like the Warriors to show that kind greatness and bring home the Larry O'Brien with a 3peat. I've rooted for the Celts when they were playing a team who if they beat it would help us or they were playing the Spurs. Why not?

If you want to applaud greatness... how about Kawhi's greatness? He's been the best player in the playoffs... so don't hate the player, hate the game!
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
GSW shot 48% from deep; that will win you some games.

When they hit their first 6 3's and the game was still close in the first, I thought that was an indication that Toronto had the game in the bag. I didn't think they'd keep hitting them. But they did. And that's really the only way they can win - to catch fire from beyond the arc.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

Thanks!

If you want to applaud greatness... how about Kawhi's greatness? He's been the best player in the playoffs... so don't hate the player, hate the game!

I wont mind either team winning at this point. While I am more invested in Toronto because of Gasol and Kawhi (I really like both of them as players and people), GS is really just a great team. And last night after the Toronto crowd cheered for KD's injury I was rooting for GS. No way did those fans deserve a trophy celebration after doing that.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

poppajons wrote:
ksmgf wrote:

They were outmatched in a game that they won? That’s a good one.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject:

Can we agree on one thing?
Yesterday's game was probably the best game of the series in terms of drama (not in terms of execution per se)? Which to me made for a fun game.

We were invested till the end since the score was tight.

Game 6 is going to be fun. Game 6 Klay shows up.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject:

I think this is going to change the way teams treat calf injuries. I remember Kobe grabbing his calf on a few possessions before he tore his achilles. Calf injuries are ticking time bombs. Let it heal 100% before playing on it.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
poppajons wrote:
ksmgf wrote:

They only won the first quarter, while tying the second and third, while losing the 4th quarter by 5.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

Thanks!

I do applaud Kawhi's game. He's playing through pain and he's beasting. If Jurassic comes home with the trophy it'll be because of his play.

It's rumored he doesn't want to play with LeBron so I kinda hope the Raptors win the ship. If they do he may stay in Toronto.

We're 3 years or more from being a contender baring a basketball miracle. I'll be applauding greatness wherever it surfaces. (1) Lakers fan for life. (2) Basketball fan.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
poppajons wrote:
ksmgf wrote:

They only won the first quarter, while tying the second and third, while losing the 4th quarter by 5.

x1000
poppajons
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
poppajons wrote:
ksmgf wrote:

You can win a game if you're outmatched. Raptors blew a 6 point lead with 2.5 minutes to play. Kawhi played an overall average/bad game except that 10 pt stretch. Lowry made mistake after mistake down the stretch.

Raptors role players didn't play well at all.

Raptors have won what...14/15 quarters out of the 20 they've played? Yes, Warriors are outmatched without Durant.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject:

If GSW comes back and wins the championship, imo that would be just another dagger in KD's soul because I feel like it would invalidate his 2 rings in the minds of many.

Maybe no one in the media will talk about it for a while just because they don't want to come off as classless so soon after his injury, but once the bad feelings about it wear off I feel like many people will want to permanently put an asterisk next to KD's 2 rings.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 402, 403, 404 ... 445, 446, 447  Next
Page 403 of 447
Jump to: