OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1596, 1597, 1598 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
Something that hasn't been talked about is that Lakers have one more asset that can be used in a trade, cap space. We talk a lot about three team trades with the Wizards for example, but if you rope in a fourth team and absorb a big contract from a fourth team, this will be ideal instead of giving up the farm for AD. This way we can keep two of our young guys, ideally Lonzo and Kuzma.

For example, the Miami Heat can prepare themselves for a THREE MAX plan starting in the 2020 offseason but they have too many contracts lining up. We can absorb the contracts of Kelly Olynyk and James Johnson but having to give up someone a valuable guy like Justice Winslow, but paving their way for a two max plan plus their young guys.

This is what I can see happen

Wizards get: 4th pick Lakers, Josh Hart, Justice Winslow, future Lakers #1.
Miami gets: Cap Relief, #9 (Wizards), Mo Wagner, future Lakers #1, Bonga
Pelicans get: Brandon Ingram, Bradley Beal, #13 (Heat), two lakers 2nd rounders.
Lakers get: AD, absorbed contract of Olynyk and Johnson

Therefore, we keep Kuz and Zo. Sign a shooter for the room exception.

Our team next year:

AD-McGee
Kuzma-Olynyk
LeBron-Johnson
Bullock-Minimum
Lonzo-Collison

I don't agree with the finer details, but well done.

The Heat are getting too much for only giving up Winslow and two players they'd give away for free if they could.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:52 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
Lonzo/Caruso/Bonga
Butler/Hart/Gerald Green
Ingram/Jaymichael Green/Jarret Culver
Lebron/Kuz/Taj Gibson
Deandre Jordan/Joakim Noah/Wagner

Doubt we'll see those two wearing the same uniform

babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
For all the guys who aren’t fond of AD let me just say that we all witnessed how great Pau Gasol was when he was here well let me just say that if everything works out our success will be greater...

IG I love you man. But can I just remind you that, after the trade, we still kept our 2nd best player (Odom - Ingram), our best prospect (Bynum - Lonzo), and one of our best prospects (Ariza - Hart)?

You think if all of them were gone (as in this case would for AD), we would have beat Celtics with Kobe/Pau/scrubs? Also, 2009 Kobe > 2020 LeBron.

LO was a key factor against the Celtics, but Ariza was gone by 2010 and Bynum wasn't that much of a factor vs Boston- he was an overall net negative in +/- for the series, with only two double digit scoring games and only one double digit rebound game.

Kobe, Pau, Artest (signed as a FA via MLE), Fish (also signed as a FA) and LO were the key guys vs Foston.

So using your analogy, we'd need to keep one of BI or Lonzo, then fill in the gaps via FA. Given what looks like a lack of competition for acquiring AD, that seems very possible, as well as keeping one of Hart or Kuz.

One of BI/Zo + one of Kuz/Hart + #4 + Wagner and a future pick for AD would be a great deal for LA, and unless a surprise team comes out of the woodwork, I don't see anyone else beating that deal, based on what's been reported so far.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
Something that hasn't been talked about is that Lakers have one more asset that can be used in a trade, cap space. We talk a lot about three team trades with the Wizards for example, but if you rope in a fourth team and absorb a big contract from a fourth team, this will be ideal instead of giving up the farm for AD. This way we can keep two of our young guys, ideally Lonzo and Kuzma.

For example, the Miami Heat can prepare themselves for a THREE MAX plan starting in the 2020 offseason but they have too many contracts lining up. We can absorb the contracts of Kelly Olynyk and James Johnson but having to give up someone a valuable guy like Justice Winslow, but paving their way for a two max plan plus their young guys.

Pelicans get: Brandon Ingram, Bradley Beal, #13 (Heat), two lakers 2nd rounders.

Our team next year:

AD-McGee
Kuzma-Olynyk
LeBron-Johnson
Bullock-Minimum
Lonzo-Collison

The Heat are getting too much for only giving up Winslow and two players they'd give away for free if they could.

This is an example of a intelligent, creative solution involving AD.

I don't think it will happen but credit to the poster for thinking outside the box

Also remember that Bullock has already expressed interest in returning to Detroit.

I suppose if they built a quality roster... perhaps he might stay.

But remember that he and Ingram are from the same hometown... so he might feel unhappy about how we've treated him.

Also... remember that Lonzo and LaVar aren't thrilled, so although competing for titles might cure old wounds... chances are that they will try to force their way out in a couple years.

So if you get rid of all the picks... lose Lonzo... can't sign Bullock... you have AD playing whack a mole on defense with Kuzma and old LBJ trying to defend and still no shooting.

But I digress... it was a good try... and better than many outcomes that have us losing the entire core.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:09 am    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
Another way to absorb cap space is to absorb the ridiculous contract of gorgui dieng so that the Wolves can give away Covington in a trade.

Wizards: Covington, Hart, Mo, Lakers #4, and 1 future Lakers 1st round
Pelicans: Beal, Ingram, Wizards #9, 2 future Lakers 2nd rounders
Wolves: KCP (through sign and trade), 1 future Lakers 1st round, E'Twuann Moore
Lakers: AD

or with the Spurs which is a more fair trade

Spurs: Covington, Hart, Lakers #4
Pelicans: Derozan, Ingram, Mo, two future Lakers 1sts, Spurs #18
Wolves: KCP (through sign and trade), 1 future Lakers 1st round, E'Twuann Moore
Lakers: AD, Dieng

Then we sign Bogdanovic and Bullock with remaining cap space. Sign Morris with Room Exception

AD-Dieng
Kuzma-Morris
Lebron-Minimum
Bogdanovic-Bullock
Lonzo-Caruso

Hell yeah
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
Yong wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
For all the guys who aren’t fond of AD let me just say that we all witnessed how great Pau Gasol was when he was here well let me just say that if everything works out our success will be greater...

IG I love you man. But can I just remind you that, after the trade, we still kept our 2nd best player (Odom - Ingram), our best prospect (Bynum - Lonzo), and one of our best prospects (Ariza - Hart)?

You think if all of them were gone (as in this case would for AD), we would have beat Celtics with Kobe/Pau/scrubs? Also, 2009 Kobe > 2020 LeBron.

LO was a key factor against the Celtics, but Ariza was gone by 2010 and Bynum wasn't that much of a factor vs Boston- he was an overall net negative in +/- for the series, with only two double digit scoring games and only one double digit rebound game.

Kobe, Pau, Artest (signed as a FA via MLE), Fish (also signed as a FA) and LO were the key guys vs Foston.

So using your analogy, we'd need to keep one of BI or Lonzo, then fill in the gaps via FA. Given what looks like a lack of competition for acquiring AD, that seems very possible, as well as keeping one of Hart or Kuz.

One of BI/Zo + one of Kuz/Hart + #4 + Wagner and a future pick for AD would be a great deal for LA, and unless a surprise team comes out of the woodwork, I don't see anyone else beating that deal, based on what's been reported so far.

Yup. But in the playoffs, you need to take into account variance. Like Raptors currently ... FFV was trash in ECF, but godly in Finals. If your team is too thin, you need everyone to bring their A game. There's no room for error. But even stars are human (see GSW game 4).

I'm perfectly happy to send Zo + Hart + 4th + 2 future firsts fyi. I don't think anyone beats that offer anyway.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Our team next year:

AD-McGee
Kuzma-Olynyk
LeBron-Johnson
Bullock-Minimum
Lonzo-Collison

There's no way the Wiz are giving up Beal for the 4th pick, Josh Hart, Justice Winslow, and a future Lakers 1st.

If they trade Beal, they'll get a huge haul in return. He's one of the best young players in the game, with two more years left on his deal and has not pushed for a trade.

He would actually command more than AD because AD is pushing to leave, is mostly set on the LAkers, and only has one year left on his deal.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:14 am    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
Yong wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yup. But in the playoffs, you need to take into account variance. Like Raptors currently ... FFV was trash in ECF, but godly in Finals. If your team is too thin, you need everyone to bring their A game. There's no room for error. But even stars are human (see GSW game 4).

I'm perfectly happy to send Zo + Hart + 4th + 2 future firsts fyi. I don't think anyone beats that offer anyway.

I agree. The Lakers are in the driver's seat.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:16 am    Post subject:

Lonzo/Caruso/vet pg
Butler/Hart
BI/4th pick/some good but cheap shooter
LBJ/Kuz
Lopez/McGee/Wagner

Also I would like to add Lance. He is good sometimes and cheap. He is fun as hell also. We need these sort of players.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:19 am    Post subject:

^^^ To add to the above-

Griffin saying there will need to be a multi-team deal to get the type of return he wants is in direct conflict with his desire to get a deal done prior to the draft. Those kind of deals take time to put together, and teams now have a week or less. KD’s injury might further complicate things further for some teams.

The Lakers seem to be in the absolute best position on this, and the media has mostly acknowledged this. Most in the media are fans of Griffin, as he has been very acccessible in the past, and this, combined with his track record, means he’ll get the benefit of the doubt in a way that Demps never would based on his awful track record.

That’s great news for the Lakers, as the Pels will come out of this saving face and won’t look like they got fleeced by the Lakers, which would have been a complicating factor in Feb. The Pels can start a new chapter on draft night with Zion, #4 and whatever Lakers young guys are involved in the deal, and head into next season selling a fresh start with an exciting young team without getting killed in the media or by other owners/execs for "giving AD away" like they would have been in Feb.

Now that the world knows Danny Boy isn't delivering a king's ransom to NOP and the Knicks didn't get Zion, the Lakers pool of assets looks a lot better.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject:

Give NOLA the farm, then go sign either:

Kawhi
Kyrie
Butler
Klay

Put 9 LG mods on the squad (hey! Mod Squad!) and go win the title.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:46 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Give NOLA the farm, then go sign either:

Kawhi
Kyrie
Butler
Klay

Put 9 LG mods on the squad (hey! Mod Squad!) and go win the title.

Aahahahha. That's just great. And may I ask, what if we strike out on all of the above? We sign 10 LG mods?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:22 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Our team next year:

AD-McGee
Kuzma-Olynyk
LeBron-Johnson
Bullock-Minimum
Lonzo-Collison

There's no way the Wiz are giving up Beal for the 4th pick, Josh Hart, Justice Winslow, and a future Lakers 1st.

If they trade Beal, they'll get a huge haul in return. He's one of the best young players in the game, with two more years left on his deal and has not pushed for a trade.

He would actually command more than AD because AD is pushing to leave, is mostly set on the LAkers, and only has one year left on his deal.

I've come to the conclusion that these trade proposals are for fun, they don't have to be realistic lol..

The packages I've seen for Beal have been pretty silly.. that's aside from him not even being available.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:07 am    Post subject:

Zo, BI, 4th, Hart for Anthony Davis. I think that's what at least it's gonna take realistically. Another team might want Zo for a pick that Griffin prefers and I'd be pleasantly surprised if he'd want Kuz over BI.

I'd still prefer signing Kawhi, Klay or Kyrie but if that fails, I'd rather sign quality vets over getting either Butler or Kemba.

1.) Collison or Rubio (13M)
2.) Danny Green or Brogdon (14M)
3.) Lebron (37.4M)
4.) Davis (27.1M)
5.) Dedmon or Brolo (8M)

6.) Trey Burke or Seth Curry(min)
7.) Bullock (MLE)
8.) Jeff Green (min)
9.) Kuz (2M)
10.) Mcgee (min)

11.) Wagner (2.1M)
12.) Bonga (1.4M)

Deng (5M)

Total: 109.7M + exceptions(over the cap but it's below before trading for AD)

Surround Bron with 3pt shooters and decent enough defenders. I prefer this better than signing Kemba or Butler and no depth.
Lakerchaq
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:17 am    Post subject:

Why should we give up all these guys?

Pick two

Ingram
Ball
4th
Kuzma

Or we sign him next off season
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:26 am    Post subject:

Lakerchaq wrote:

Pick two

Ingram
Ball
4th
Kuzma

I know right. Worst case scenario we relinquish Ingram cap hold
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:37 am    Post subject:

I just dont get giving away anyone.....WHEN YOU CAN GET HIM FOR FREE NEXT SEASON OR GET HIM FOR A BAG OF GUMMIE BEARS WHEN HE GETS HURT NEAR TRADE DEADLINE..
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:39 am    Post subject:

Lakerchaq wrote:

Pick two

Ingram
Ball
4th
Kuzma

You have to trade Ingram or renounce him to sign Davis next year because his cap hold would prevent you from signing him. So what else would you give that in your opinion would make it fair.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:42 am    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Lakerchaq wrote:

Pick two

Ingram
Ball
4th
Kuzma

You have to trade Ingram or renounce him to sign Davis next year because his cap hold would prevent you from signing him. So what else would you give that in your opinion would make it fair.

I see that as a positive actually. If Davis commits we renounce BI. Otherwise we retain him.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:42 am    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Lakerchaq wrote:

Pick two

Ingram
Ball
4th
Kuzma

Amen. Wait for trade deadline I agree
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:47 am    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Lakerchaq wrote:

Pick two

Ingram
Ball
4th
Kuzma

When that time comes then so be it..but maybe Ingram actually reaches his potential..and if he does then you can either keep him and forget davis or trade him at trade deadline for much more
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:07 am    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
Lakerchaq wrote:

Pick two

Ingram
Ball
4th
Kuzma

I know right. Worst case scenario we relinquish Ingram cap hold

Other teams where Davis would have a good chance of re-signing are still interested in trading for Davis. There's no assurance that we can afford to wait till the deadline for Davis and sure as hell no way we can say for certain that he would go to the lakers next year as a FA.

We can build a contender next season with a well rested 34yr old Lebron.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:09 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Other teams where Davis would have a good chance of re-signing are still interested in trading for Davis. There's no assurance that we can afford to wait till the deadline for Davis and sure as hell no way we can say for certain that he would go to the lakers next year as a FA.

We can build a contender next season with a well rested 34yr old Lebron.

Amen
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:11 am    Post subject:

Can't afford to miss out on Davis just because you don't wanna lose Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram. Just think about the sound of that. Ludicrous.
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:14 am    Post subject:

Lakerchaq wrote:

Pick two

Ingram
Ball
4th
Kuzma

Because as PG13 showed us, there's no guarantee he'll come especially if he likes the new team he's traded too.

Plus LeBron would be 36 and at some point he's going to fall apart. Need to take advantage of his greatness now.

Plus none of the Lakers kids are going to be hall of famers. But AD is on the HoF path so why wouldn't you trade players who aren't even all stars yet for him. The Lakers kids are at most fringe all stars kinda like backdoor all stars like DLo. Good but not great but in their best season can make an all star game as an injury replacement
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1596, 1597, 1598 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1597 of 8560
Jump to: