OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1599, 1600, 1601 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
That's the one selling point we have over all the elite teams.

We never pressure anyone to play... lol

That should be our new team motto.

Forget SA with Pop... Boston with IT... GSW with crocodile tears Bob Myers...

Come to LA... where convalescence is king!

Sprain your ankle? No problem... sit out the rest of the season...

Goid selling point, KL camp is looking real good right now.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
IMO a clear example of impatience is not AD, as I think reasonable minds can differ. It's trading our cap space and #4 pick/young assets for someone like Conley or CP3. That would mean they're strictly trying to appease LBJ.

AD is 26 so he's someone you're going to build around in the future with other max level FAs once LBJ retires. People make it sound like AD is some rotation level player who is 35.

It would be so much better for AD if we kept at least half of the core and some future first picks.

And no, keeping Hart and Kuzma is not a huge win.

Keeping one of BI/Zo/#4 is.

Trade in 2019... Good for LBJ

Sign in 2020... Good for AD

Unless the Godfather is substantially reduced... which I highly doubt gets it done.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
“The Celtics can trade for AD, but it’ll be for one year,” Paul says. “I mean: If the Celtics traded for Anthony Davis, we would go there and we would abide by our contractual [obligations] and we would go into free agency in 2020.

via @AntDavis23 agent Rich Paul | 📝@SInow

Rich Paul warns...

Is this recent or from trade deadline?
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:59 am    Post subject:

Rich Paul just killed the trade market for AD by saying he wont sign an extension wherever he is traded and will enter Free agency in 2020, lower those offers Pelinka
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
IMO a clear example of impatience is not AD, as I think reasonable minds can differ. It's trading our cap space and #4 pick/young assets for someone like Conley or CP3. That would mean they're strictly trying to appease LBJ.

AD is 26 so he's someone you're going to build around in the future with other max level FAs once LBJ retires. People make it sound like AD is some rotation level player who is 35.

It would be so much better for AD if we kept at least half of the core and some future first picks.

Unless the Godfather is substantially reduced... which I highly doubt gets it done.

we have no competition in terms of teams bidding. I suspect we'll keep one of those
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
3baller wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
I just dont get giving away anyone.....WHEN YOU CAN GET HIM FOR FREE NEXT SEASON OR GET HIM FOR A BAG OF GUMMIE BEARS WHEN HE GETS HURT NEAR TRADE DEADLINE..

Like we got Paul George?

It's different. PG's agent is Aaron Mintz. AD's is Rich Paul.

Davis already said that he would re-sign with the Knicks and there's a good chance he would do the same with the Clippers. Both teams are still trying to trade for Davis.

If either of those teams do get Davis via trade, there's no guarantee that he would leave those teams for the lakers next year even if Rich Paul is his agent.

the reports are they aren't.

Knicks are 'hesitating' to go all-in but they're not out of it yet.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Car54 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
I just dont get giving away anyone.....WHEN YOU CAN GET HIM FOR FREE NEXT SEASON OR GET HIM FOR A BAG OF GUMMIE BEARS WHEN HE GETS HURT NEAR TRADE DEADLINE..

Like we got Paul George?

just because you didnt get him you going to cry about it? or Say "Hey the next star that shows up..we going to trade all our talent for and make sure we get them?" SAD...i wont..did they make the finals in OKC or is it GS STILL?

Also they had a window to get PG but they instead went after LB and KL INSTEAD OF HIM...and he felt disrespected...soooo owell

I've posted actual quotes by PG13 about why he chose OKC over the Lakers. Where did he ever say the bolded? Agenda much?

When he said he was upset that the Lakers didn’t try to trade for him?

No, they are insinuating (without any proof) that PG13 rejected the Lakers b/c of LBJ and their pursuit of KL. I can understand that theory, but no one has shown any proof that was the actual reason other than the simpler explanation that OKC/WB really got to PG13 and convinced him to stay.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

we have no competition in terms of teams bidding. I suspect we'll keep one of those

It's good to see Rich Paul lowering the trade value.

Hopefully the final offer reflects the fruits of that strategy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

lakersgreat24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersgreat24 wrote:
Celtics fans are pissed about Rich Paul's comments. I dont think they understand that Boston isn't a place people want to play. I hate them because of the Lakers but bias aside I'd never want to play there. The racism some of the teams used to experience there and to an extent today is an issue.

I don't think it's the racism issues today about Boston.

If you read AD's dad's comments about Boston, IIRC it was how they treated IT that really irked him.

I mean some big time FAs have signed with Boston (Horford, Hayward most recently) and other RFAs have re-upped there (Smart).

From an outsider's perspective this is what I see. Fair or not. Remember KG declining to go there before they got Ray Allen?

But then he went there, loved it, won a ring.

As much as I hate Boston, I don't think that's the reason for AD. It was how Ainge/Boston treated IT and his injury. Given the KD thing, I can see how this resonates with players. It cost IT a hundred million.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
What I can't make sense of is losing Zo and Garland or Culver and keeping only Kuzma for a player we can sign next season.

I don't think you will be able to carve out a max for AD unless you dump Zo and/or BI after we sign a max FA in 2019.

So that's why if we don't trade for him now, we move on forward as if we are going without AD.

So your assumption that we can just sign him outright in 2020 is illusory IMO. B/c you end up losing all of these young guys anyways (and don't get AD for a year and waste another year) to carve out 35m in cap space for 2020 (which would likely, and ironically take getting rid of #4/Zo/BI).

Which is why I said you sacrifice future all star BI. (I don't want this, but I understand it)

But you still keep Zo and Garland or Culver

Then maybe you keep the best of the point guards to use with AD.

The only person it benefits to rush the timeline is LBJ.

That's why this is happening.

We will be good next season... but very quickly that will change as LBJ turns 36 and 37.

The point is if you sign a max, you can't keep Zo/#4 and have 35m (projected 7-9 year max in 2020) for AD. You have to get rid of them too and you ironically will have the same 3 max FA team.

Now if you're arguing that we should completely forgo signing a max FA this summer so we can sign AD in 2020, that still requires getting rid of one of Zo/BI/#4 in 2020 to have the cap space if my math is right.

The "wait for AD in 2020" is not a panacea at all. It will require painful YUTES cuts too.

Thanks bro that makes it even more clear why they have to let go.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:02 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Rich Paul takes umbrage at the suggestion he would attempt to send Anthony Davis to the Los Angeles Lakers to benefit LeBron James.

“Did you say that to David Falk? Would you say that to Arn Tellem?” Paul asks about two other legendary agents in a profile in Sports Illustrated written by S.L. Price. “You’re only saying that because you feel like, ‘Well, Rich wouldn’t be in this position without LeBron,’ right? My thing is: Take LeBron off the Lakers. Are the Lakers not a great destination for an arguably top-two player that went to Kentucky and won a national championship, signed with Nike? For a team that’s had centers from George Mikan to Wilt Chamberlain to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to Shaq?

“So now, when you add LeBron, that’s what? The cherry on top. LeBron’s 34 years old. Anthony Davis is 26. So when LeBron’s done playing, the Anthony Davis trade is still rolling. What better place to do it than L.A.? If it was L.A.—I never said ‘L.A.’ But there’s no negative to that. Who gives a s--- what you’re talking about, about me trying to help LeBron out? No, I’m not. I’m trying to help Anthony Davis. Now, if helping Anthony Davis helps LeBron in the long run? So be it. But my goal is Anthony Davis.”

Paul then speaks of the New York Knicks, who are the other team atop Davis' list.

“The only difference is, they don’t have as many championships as the Lakers,” said Paul. “They got a tradition. It’s a big market—not that it’s only big markets. They have cap space, flexibility, they’re able to absorb more than one star. What’s wrong with that?”

Paul also confirms that he warned off the Boston Celtics of their interest.

“They can trade for him, but it’ll be for one year,” Paul says. “I mean: If the Celtics traded for Anthony Davis, we would go there and we would abide by our contractual [obligations] and we would go into free agency in 2020. I’ve stated that to them. But in the event that he decides to walk away and you give away assets? Don’t blame Rich Paul.”

Ultimately, any team trading for Davis will do so without any assurances.

“Where he’s going to land? I have no idea,” Paul says. “And it don’t matter. We’re going into free agency. Why does it matter to me where he goes? Earth: We’re going into free agency. He has a year, he has to play. But after that, I can’t say it no bigger: WE ARE GOING INTO FREE AGENCY. 2020: ANTHONY DAVIS WILL BE IN FREE AGENCY.”
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:02 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

Lonzo had a grade 3 sprain and a bone bruise. The initial time line of 4 to 6 weeks was off target.

Quote:
Last season, two players suffered Grade 3 ankle sprains: Reggie Jackson of the Detroit Pistons and Matthew Dellavedova, formerly of the Milwaukee Bucks.

Like Ball, their sprains didn’t require surgery, but they were out for well beyond six weeks.

Dellavedova, who was originally given a four-week timetable, missed nine weeks and 29 games for the Bucks. He suffered his injury on Feb. 4 and didn’t return until Milwaukee’s regular season finale on April 11.

Meanwhile, Jackson, who was given a timetable of 6-8 weeks, missed 12 weeks and 37 games. He suffered his injury on Dec. 26 and didn’t return until March 20.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:03 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But you're not even addressing my point that "sign AD in 2020" is not a panacea and will require the very type of YUTES cost cutting that you are against, especially if we sign a max FA.

Are you opposed to signing a max FA in 2019 just in the hope of keeping the YUTES in 2020 and signing AD? That's one hell of a way to punt when it's completely not necessary.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

Davis wants the Lakers. His handlers want the Lakers.

Let some dumb team trade for him. They'll be too scared to give up a lot, but if the Pels bite, unless he experiences tremendous success on his new team, the Lakers, IMO, would still be in pole position.

Him going to New York would be ideal. Even with Barrett and another possible free agent (like Butler), he'd still come to the Lakers. Matter of fact, the Knicks would gladly take Ingram (and Favors) for Davis at the deadline to save face.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

3baller wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
3baller wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

Like we got Paul George?

Davis already said that he would re-sign with the Knicks and there's a good chance he would do the same with the Clippers. Both teams are still trying to trade for Davis.

If either of those teams do get Davis via trade, there's no guarantee that he would leave those teams for the lakers next year even if Rich Paul is his agent.

the reports are they aren't.

Knicks are 'hesitating' to go all-in but they're not out of it yet.

well the reports keep coming. Cris Carter is close to Steve Mills , and Carter just said on his show that they were never going to offer a big haul for AD because he wasn't going to re-sign. Maybe revisionist history at this point. But, the report was the Pels don't like their assets, plus the Knicks are "hesitating" or whatever. All the signs are there in terms of that one
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I hope so too. That would be such a win for us if we kept one of them AND got AD.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Car54 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

Like we got Paul George?

just because you didnt get him you going to cry about it? or Say "Hey the next star that shows up..we going to trade all our talent for and make sure we get them?" SAD...i wont..did they make the finals in OKC or is it GS STILL?

Also they had a window to get PG but they instead went after LB and KL INSTEAD OF HIM...and he felt disrespected...soooo owell

I've posted actual quotes by PG13 about why he chose OKC over the Lakers. Where did he ever say the bolded? Agenda much?

No, they are insinuating (without any proof) that PG13 rejected the Lakers b/c of LBJ and their pursuit of KL. I can understand that theory, but no one has shown any proof that was the actual reason other than the simpler explanation that OKC/WB really got to PG13 and convinced him to stay.

Right, I guess his own words aren’t proof. The Lakers were arrogant and thought that PG was in the bag so they made no effort to trade for him. He still takes that disrespect with him.
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

Like we got Paul George?

True, Mintz has shown to be much sharper than Paul.

I get the feeling Paul can "influence" AD to sit out and not show up to any Pels team activities until traded to the Lakers, and he would. Not sure Mintz has that same clout with PG and his other clients.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Lonzo had a grade 3 sprain and a bone bruise. The initial time line of 4 to 6 weeks was off target.

Quote:
Last season, two players suffered Grade 3 ankle sprains: Reggie Jackson of the Detroit Pistons and Matthew Dellavedova, formerly of the Milwaukee Bucks.

Like Ball, their sprains didn’t require surgery, but they were out for well beyond six weeks.

Dellavedova, who was originally given a four-week timetable, missed nine weeks and 29 games for the Bucks. He suffered his injury on Feb. 4 and didn’t return until Milwaukee’s regular season finale on April 11.

Meanwhile, Jackson, who was given a timetable of 6-8 weeks, missed 12 weeks and 37 games. He suffered his injury on Dec. 26 and didn’t return until March 20.

I was joking... hence the "lol"

Remember... I'm the annoying guy who's trying to save Lonzo... while you are trying to trade the kids.

What reason do I have to slander a kid I'm trying to keep on our team?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Car54 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

Like we got Paul George?

Right, I guess his own words aren’t proof. The Lakers were arrogant and thought that PG was in the bag so they made no effort to trade for him. He still takes that disrespect with him.

Dude, I'm agreeing with you?

He said that AND he said OKC/WB wooed him and convinced him to stay.

I've never heard a peep about PG saying that LBJ was the reason he didn't want to come. But we all need a scapegoat and punching bag so LBJ/Klutch is just that.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Rich Paul just killed the trade market for AD by saying he wont sign an extension wherever he is traded and will enter Free agency in 2020, lower those offers Pelinka

At what point does AD tell Rich; guess what?, you're costing
me money...you're fired.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject:

Ingram or Ball will be the only sacrifice for Davis.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
pmacla wrote:

me money...you're fired.

He'd get more money if he stayed in NOLA.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But you're not even addressing my point that "sign AD in 2020" is not a panacea and will require the very type of YUTES cost cutting that you are against, especially if we sign a max FA.

Are you opposed to signing a max FA in 2019 just in the hope of keeping the YUTES in 2020 and signing AD? That's one hell of a way to punt when it's completely not necessary.

I'm only addressing the narrative in front of us which is that Caesars has us trading for AD at very high odds.

You already know I want to sign another agent instead.

I'm trying to make the best of a questionable situation.

I'm glad Rich Paul is lowering AD's market value... I only hope he doesn't blink when he sees Gayle Benson is willing to shoot herself in the foot if we don't overpay.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
pmacla wrote:

me money...you're fired.

So you think rp didn't talk to ad before putting this article out there?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1599, 1600, 1601 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1600 of 8560
Jump to: