KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 664, 665, 666 ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Username wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Kawhi is a second fiddle.

This boy moves like an old man and struggles to dribble and pass.

It is painful watching him move sometimes. He's top 3 right now, but I don't think he's going to age well in the league.

That's why I'm saying he needs to expand his game as a playmaker. It's a treat to watch him pull off some of Kobe's pet moves. But truthfully, it's not part of his organic game yet. He's simply emulating the Mamba. Similar to when Frobe pulled out the fadeaway. It didn't become organic until he was shooting off the wrong leg, or over the backboard, or stepping through, or reversing his pivot.

I'm simply saying that Kawhi is not as multi layered as he appears and his body is already falling apart. Not hating. But this isn't going to last.

I can agree with that 1st paragraph. I'd disagree partially with the 2nd paragraph though because I think playing with another bonafide star on a better+deeper roster will help there. He's been having to do a whole lot of everything instead of a little bit of everything on this Raptors team, which can't have been easy since he has that quad/thigh injury and I don't think it has fully healed.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Kawhi will likely be a 60-65 games per season player, optimistically.

IF those 60-65 games are the same ones LBJ & AD play, we're good. However, the lack of depth we deal to get AD will sting in a PO run....

Right now the FO is very quiet which is great, so I guess we'll know what the hell will happen soon after they actually know; at month end there abouts.

Depth shouldn’t be an issue if you’re starting off with AD Lebron Kuzma and Max player. Kuzma would be off the bench. I’m sure Javale would like to be apart of this. Someone like Rose as well.

Rose
Bullock
Lebron
AD
Lopez if we strike out on max guys

Kyrie
Bullock
Lebron
AD
McGee

Rose
Butler
Lebron
AD
Dedmon

Anyone of those lineups can have Kuzma off the bench.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Username wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Kawhi is a second fiddle.

This boy moves like an old man and struggles to dribble and pass.

It is painful watching him move sometimes. He's top 3 right now, but I don't think he's going to age well in the league.

That's why I'm saying he needs to expand his game as a playmaker. It's a treat to watch him pull off some of Kobe's pet moves. But truthfully, it's not part of his organic game yet. He's simply emulating the Mamba. Similar to when Frobe pulled out the fadeaway. It didn't become organic until he was shooting off the wrong leg, or over the backboard, or stepping through, or reversing his pivot.

I'm simply saying that Kawhi is not as multi layered as he appears and his body is already falling apart. Not hating. But this isn't going to last.

I can agree with that 1st paragraph. I'd disagree partially with the 2nd paragraph though because I think playing with another bonafide star on a better+deeper roster will help there. He's been having to do a whole lot of everything instead of a little bit of everything on this Raptors team, which can't have been easy since he has that quad/thigh injury and I don't think it has fully healed.

If Kawhi needs as much help as you are suggesting in addition to "load management", what does that tell you about his true and overall game? This is why people should be slower to anoint players as great. Kawhi is struggling to walk and run. Whether it be injuries or some type of degenerative condition; he obviously cannot play at this level for extended periods. That's what #1 options do. So until I see otherwise, he's a high end #2 playing in the East masquerading as a #1.

The physical issues are not going away. Now putting him with a loaded team as you suggest is an option. I have no fuss with that at all. But it would simply reinforce my point. Kawhi is trying to get paid before he turns into Gilbert Arenas.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

If Kawhi needs as much help as you are suggesting in addition to "load management", what does that tell you about his true and overall game?

I'm not suggesting that Kawhi needs a huge amount of help if that's what you understood from my words. I'm only suggesting that when he is going up against teams with 2-3-4 All-Stars, it would behoove him to be on a team that has at least 2, including himself... instead of a team with no other bonafide All-Star other than himself... because he has had to put in a much larger effort than his finals opposition to get his team to where they are now ...and then still has to get the job done against the 3 All-Stars that the opposition possesses on their team. Don't you see how all that adds up... or does it not register with you at all because you appear to have something against Kawhi?
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

If Kawhi needs as much help as you are suggesting in addition to "load management", what does that tell you about his true and overall game?

I'm not suggesting that Kawhi needs a huge amount of help if that's what you understood from my words. I'm only suggesting that when he is going up against teams with 2-3-4 All-Stars, it would behoove him to be on a team that has at least 2, including himself... instead of a team with no other bonafide All-Star other than himself... because he has had to put in a much larger effort than his finals opposition to get his team to where they are now ...and then still has to get the job done against the 3 All-Stars that the opposition possesses on their team. Don't you see how all that adds up... or does it not register with you at all because you appear to have something against Kawhi?

No... I'm just not willing to make excuses for Kawhi. He's in the NBA Finals because he plays in a trash conference that allows him to preserve his old man body. He's been on a stretch of playing for two straight months with plenty of off days and can barely stand right now. I call that breaking down in January in the Western Conference the same way LeBron did.

The East is fools gold.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

What the frack.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Amazing that KL is being trashed.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject:

The guy can barely stand, but is able to carry his team to the championship Go figure
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

We've been trashing Butler, Kyrie, Kemba, AD... it's like we have this weird complex with hating everyone that is or possibly could become a Laker, so that if we miss out on them we can rationalize it by claiming they weren't all that great in the first place. What I'm still trying to figure out is if this is limited to Lakers fans or also fans of other teams lol.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Kobe was visually one of the most aesthetic players ever. He was poetry in motion. Just because Kawhi or any player doesn't move like Kobe doesn't mean they're about to break.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers haven't had a healthy superstar since Kobe's 05-07 seasons. I'm done with us acquiring broken players.

Stay away from Kawhi.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
The Lakers haven't had a healthy superstar since Kobe's 05-07 seasons. I'm done with us acquiring broken players.

Stay away from Kawhi.

Imagine what the Lakers would have won in 2008-2010 if Kobe was healthy
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Stay away from Kawhi.

Typical Darth forum account...
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:27 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Stay away from Kawhi.

Gasol?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:28 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

We've been trashing Butler, Kyrie, Kemba, AD... it's like we have this weird complex with hating everyone that is or possibly could become a Laker, so that if we miss out on them we can rationalize it by claiming they weren't all that great in the first place. What I'm still trying to figure out is if this is limited to Lakers fans or also fans of other teams lol.

IKR?

Fan board psychosis.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
73-9 and they LIED 🏁
@CuffsTheLegend

as good as Kawhi is, he’s not as strong going left off the dribble. Warriors knew he was going for that right elbow pull-up J and sent the quick double and beat him to the spot. Know your scouting report. Iggy >
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:55 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Stay away from Kawhi.

What???
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Stay away from Kawhi.

What???

is this Drake's burner?
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

So if I read this forum correctly yeah Kahwi is on the verge of becoming Finals MVP and leading Toronto to their first ever NBA title, but when he walks away from all that and comes begging to join our team next year on the chance we might make the playoffs we should turn him away because he can barely walk.

Yep. THC is interesting stuff.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

As good as Kawhi may be, I dont think his game will age well. I would stay away from him.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
So if I read this forum correctly yeah Kahwi is on the verge of becoming Finals MVP and leading Toronto to their first ever NBA title, but when he walks away from all that and comes begging to join our team next year on the chance we might make the playoffs we should turn him away because he can barely walk.

Yep. THC is interesting stuff.

That's a MASSIVE generalization, lol. There is just one poster saying crazy stuff like that... not the whole forum, or half the forum, or even 99% of the forum.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject:

I'm convinced that some Kobe stans just want the Lakers to suck forever in the post-Kobe era, to "protect his legacy".
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
I'm convinced that some Kobe stans just want the Lakers to suck forever in the post-Kobe era, to "protect his legacy".

What's the difference between a Kobe stan and a Kobe fan?
I'm a Kobe fan, but I want the Lakers to not suck. And I want Kawhi.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
As good as Kawhi may be, I dont think his game will age well. I would stay away from him.

His game seems tailor-made to age well. He doesn't rely on speed or explosiveness, but rather on craft and strength.

His defense will wane a bit, as it always does. But I think we're talking about 5 years from now.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:

What is an example of someone's game you think would "age well"?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 664, 665, 666 ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 665 of 878
Jump to: