Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (Lakers Get 46th Pick/Talen Horton-Tucker, Sign Cacok, Norvell, Caroline)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 380, 381, 382 ... 439, 440, 441  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Is Zions defense really that good?

Yes. He was a top 10 defender in CBB at worst ; many say top 3-5
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:

Interesting.
How would you rank his interior defense?
And how would you rank his perimeter defense?
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
deal wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Zion the new Larry Johnson
Artes the new Rodman
Kobe the new Jordan
Ball the new Nash

Ball a "can't shoot" but "can defend" nash...

Nash was a horrible shooter his first few years

No....
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
deal wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Artes the new Rodman
Kobe the new Jordan
Ball the new Nash

Come on, you can do better. That stuff is easy to look up.

He didn't play much as a rookie, and he didn't score much for a while, and he did take a dip in his 3rd season for some reason. But his 3PT% and FT% were great from day 1.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
This isn't a big deal, but Zion has very little in common with Charles Barkley outside of rebounding (and Barkley was a better rebounder than Zion).

Zion is a 280-lb guard and should be compared to other guards.

Zion in Larry Johnson , go check some YouTube videos.

I'm waiting fro the next Shaun Kemp

He's going to be better than Grand MaMa and Kemp. Zion has Kemp's athleticism but with an extra 30 lbs. He's also a fluid ball handler and playmaker. His shooting is already ahead of guys like Julius Randle and Aaron Gordon at the same age and look at the improvement they've had. By year 4 Zion might be the best player in the league.

I am willing to bet right now ..that he will NEVER be the best player in the NBA. I can see all-star, maybe even border-line 1st/2nd team all nba but he will never be the best player in the league i think even top 5 might be out of the question.

Related Question, are you a Duke fan?!

Last edited by Killakobe81 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject:

btw all his comps Blake Griffin, Larry Johnson, even MVP Barkley none of those guys were ever the best player in the NBA.

best player in the NBA are usually dominant wings: MJ Kobe Lebron

or

Dominant bigs: Kareem, hakeem shaq duncan

Zion will be neither of those
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:

Interesting.

He’s got tremendous ability to slide and cover perimeter players, as well as recovery to contest jumpshots. And I think he’s going to be a really good rim protector when he plays small 5.. quick leap+vert+weight is an amazing combo for verticality. There’s a chance he’s Draymond defensively, but using his athletic tools to make a lot of those covers and plays.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:

Interesting.

He’s got tremendous ability to slide and cover perimeter players, as well as recovery to contest jumpshots. And I think he’s going to be a really good rim protector when he plays small 5.. quick leap+vert+weight is an amazing combo for verticality. There’s a chance he’s Draymond defensively, but using his athletic tools to make a lot of those covers and plays.

wow, that's some high praise potential.
Thanks.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

zion is immediately a top 5 athlete in the NBA

he is a competitor and a very hard worker as well

i would not bet against him - that package of truly elite athleticism, strength, and work ethic is truly rare. top 5 within 5 years isn't out of the question - if he was ever going to be top 5 we'd see it by year 3/4. most players who end up being top 5 guys are knocking on that top 5 door within the first 5 years of their career
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
This isn't a big deal, but Zion has very little in common with Charles Barkley outside of rebounding (and Barkley was a better rebounder than Zion).

He's going to be better than Grand MaMa and Kemp. Zion has Kemp's athleticism but with an extra 30 lbs. He's also a fluid ball handler and playmaker. His shooting is already ahead of guys like Julius Randle and Aaron Gordon at the same age and look at the improvement they've had. By year 4 Zion might be the best player in the league.

I am willing to bet right now ..that he will NEVER be the best player in the NBA. I can see all-star, maybe even border-line 1st/2nd team all nba but he will never be the best player in the league i think even top 5 might be out of the question.

I’ll bet you he will be the best player in the nba at some point in his career barring major injury.

And no I’m not a duke fan. I just know when I see a generational talent.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:

i would not bet against him - that package of truly elite athleticism, strength, and work ethic is truly rare. top 5 within 5 years isn't out of the question - if he was ever going to be top 5 we'd see it by year 3/4. most players who end up being top 5 guys are knocking on that top 5 door within the first 5 years of their career

Exactly!
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

I’ll bet you he will be the best player in the nba at some point in his career barring major injury.

gentleman's bet winner chooses the others signature line and avvy nothing inappropriate.

I dont like the barring injury caveat though ... because the potential for injury is why I am so confident. You said best player within 4 years ... I will give you 5 but no injury caveats ...you game?
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

Exactly!

Top 5 athlete ...
sure might be top 3 ...
doesnt make him best player though
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

gentleman's bet winner chooses the others signature line and avvy nothing inappropriate.

I dont like the barring injury caveat though ... because the potential for injury is why I am so confident. You said best player within 4 years ... I will give you 5 but no injury caveats ...you game?

Nah, you never mentioned that you expected him to get a major injury. If he stays healthy he will be the best player in the league at some point during his career. It'll be arguable by year 5 imo. See you in 2024 my friend.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

Loving the hype....
Can't wait to see how it unfolds. Muhahahahah. Muhahahahaha!
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

I agree with Gilbert arenas...he’s a 2 in the NBA. All that athleticism won’t mean anything against 7 footers so pf is out for him. He’s most likely a 2-3 and in that case yes he’s likely going to be the best player in the game within 5 years. He’s just too strong to stop driving to the basket similar to lebron and harden. I can dig the draymon green defensively comparison though.

I also agree that he’s going to have to drop about 30 pounds to play in the nba. I’m a 300 pound man myself and I can tell you right now that’s too heavy to carry for 82 games running and jumping the way that he does. Expect him to miss significant time his first couple of seasons while he gets his body together (which isn’t uncommon for young players while they develop their bodies for the pros).

He’s gonna be a monster

The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

Exactly!

Top 5 athlete ...
sure might be top 3 ...

Best athlete in the league
One of the best motors in the league
Incredible work ethic and humble personality
Already has great on court skills

Did you not watch him play this year? No one has dominated both ends of the court like him since Anthony Davis.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

Exactly!

Top 5 athlete ...
sure might be top 3 ...

Did you not watch him play this year? No one has dominated both ends of the court like him since Anthony Davis.

Yeah, off the top of my head, I'm thinking only Giannis is better.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I agree with Gilbert arenas...he’s a 2 in the NBA. All that athleticism won’t mean anything against 7 footers so pf is out for him. He’s most likely a 2-3 and in that case yes he’s likely going to be the best player in the game within 5 years. He’s just too strong to stop driving to the basket similar to lebron and harden. I can dig the draymon green defensively comparison though.

I also agree that he’s going to have to drop about 30 pounds to play in the nba. I’m a 300 pound man myself and I can tell you right now that’s too heavy to carry for 82 games running and jumping the way that he does. Expect him to miss significant time his first couple of seasons while he gets his body together (which isn’t uncommon for young players while they develop their bodies for the pros).

He’s gonna be a monster

Agreed. I think once he gets in with NBA training staffs and nutritionists he will get down to about 265-270 lbs lean for his playing weight similar to LBJ.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

Exactly!

Top 5 athlete ...
sure might be top 3 ...

I watch Duke plenty they were on TV multiple times every week.
ESPN followed the team all year.
I thought he was very impressive but I dont think he was as impressive as KD on offense in college or anthony Davis on defense. KD may have just been considered last few years the best player in the NBA and AD has not been that yet.

I feel 100% comfortable saying he was not as good as either player in college and wont reach their peak as a pro either. lets revsit in 5 years. I say he makes a few all star teams might be ROTY but wont be first team all nba ...and definitely wont be the best player in the NBA.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Nah, you never mentioned that you expected him to get a major injury. If he stays healthy he will be the best player in the league at some point during his career. It'll be arguable by year 5 imo. See you in 2024 my friend.

It's fine ...you just not as confident as I thought. that's fine take your injury "caveat"

Ill say these three things:

1. he will not be the best NBA player by year five in fact I doubt he ever wears that crown/belt.
2. He will not be th best player on a title team.
3. He will not avoid a major injury before year 10

I dont like Duke but am not rooting against him i hope Ingram/Tatum/zion etc all reach their full potential (but i hope tatum reaches it off celts) because for hoops and tall fans ...its best when talent reaches its full potential
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

It's fine ...you just not as confident as I thought. that's fine take your injury "caveat"

1. he will not be the best NBA player by year five in fact I doubt he ever wears that crown/belt.

I dont like Duke but am not rooting against him i hope Ingram/Tatum/zion etc all reach their full potential (but i hope tatum reaches it off celts) because for hoops and tall fans ...its best when talent reaches its full potential

If you were confident that his talent/ceiling isn't going to be good enough to be the top player in the league then injuries shouldn't matter because according to you even if he is healthy he won't be #1. I am extremely confident that with good health he will become the best player in the league at some point. That's my ceiling for him.

I'll see you in 5 years
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

if we end up trading #4 for AD, i'd try to get another top 20 pick and draft porter jr. he's a prototypical 2 guard and has a nice outside stroke.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
deal wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Artes the new Rodman
Kobe the new Jordan
Ball the new Nash

Come on, you can do better. That stuff is easy to look up.

He didn't play much as a rookie, and he didn't score much for a while, and he did take a dip in his 3rd season for some reason. But his 3PT% and FT% were great from day 1.

My fault good point my Homer glasses are.on Tight when it comes to Ball.

But in all seriousness the man pases like Nash and his shooting will get better.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

If you were confident that his talent/ceiling isn't going to be good enough to be the top player in the league then injuries shouldn't matter because according to you even if he is healthy he won't be #1. I am extremely confident that with good health he will become the best player in the league at some point. That's my ceiling for him.

I'll see you in 5 years

I'm not giving myself an out...
I could say well Zion won't be the best player due to injury so if he stays healthy I have an out... But either way I stand by my predictions. No bet needed I'll just remind you from time to time of this debate...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 380, 381, 382 ... 439, 440, 441  Next
Page 381 of 441
Jump to: