I'm looking for anyone who doesn't want to trade Zo, Hart, Kuz, and BI.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject: I'm looking for anyone who doesn't want to trade Zo, Hart, Kuz, and BI.

This thread is a search for people out there who don't want to trade these guys. If you say it in other threads you're called dumb. Here are some of my reasons:

I firmly believe that these guys will be the quality players that other teams envy, and if traded, we will too. It's a horrible gamble for a player whose career numbers include 23 + ppg, 2 ast, 31% 3's, and 67 games per year, without carrying his team like truly dominant players do. He's very good, but not worth the price we'd pay.

Imo, it's unreasonable to believe AD's production will be as valuable as the collective production of our players playing 4 positions, especially considering the likliehood that at least some, or more, will be available for every game.

Individually, AD's stats are better, but every one of these quality guys will improve next year. This could be the year they'll individually become a problem for opponents for years to come.

If they were being traded for a proven difference maker/ man among boys, with an ironman history, the gamble would seem less extreme. AD is a very good player who should come during free agency so he can dominate with these guys, or at the earliest, during the trade deadline when NO's leverage is at its lowest, and he could solidify a playoff push.

We've suffered for 6 years. Conversations on LG talk about how today, winning basketball involves playing small lineups. That strategy developed from patiently waiting for investments to grow. Our star scorer no longer defends well, and he needs the capable young defenders we already have. F/a AD will have a great shot at winning, and he would love playing with them. Patience means years of success. Gambling the last of the good assets away means we should brace ourselves for several more years of a rebuild sooner than we should.

NO would be very happy with that haul of players.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

No one except Giannis is worth giving up ALL of our assets for. I'd only do the trade if we can keep one of BI or Zo. Every things else can be thrown into the trade.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
No one except Giannis is worth giving up ALL of our assets for. I'd only do the trade if we can keep one of BI or Zo. Every things else can be thrown into the trade.

I feel the same. OR if LA can keep Kuzma along with Hart or Kuzma and a pick, this year or future
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

This is a safe place for me. Thank you
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject:

I will be so bummed to see Lonzo on another team. I understand though. AD better stay healthy...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

Bear in mind, it would be AD + cap space to replace production.

But you can count me in the "do not trade BI/Zo/and #4" crowd. Out of them at most 2/3.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

But you can count me in the "do not trade BI/Zo/and #4" crowd. Out of them at most 2/3.

Would you trade BI and Zo and future picks if Kuz and 4 stay?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Would you trade BI and Zo and future picks if Kuz and 4 stay?

Yes.
PDX_LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

We were fools to offer the farm before, I'd be pissed if they do it again seeing no one else has anything that can beat our package even if Lonzo or BI isn't included. They have to trade AD or he walks for nothing, who's gonna take a chance?
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

Already known
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

Already known
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject:

Perhaps BI, Kuz, Wagner and #4 but that should be it. Keep Zo. Keep Hart. Bring in AD and max FA (Kemba or Kyrie).
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

I’m all for not gutting our team for an injury prone underachiever who we can just sign in FA next summer.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

I think there is pretty general consensus that a trade for AD at minimum would include

2 of #4 pick, BI, Ball
1 of Kuzma, Hart
Filler Wagner, Bonga

If it's everyone above for AD my guess is most folks would think that is overboard
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

I can see both sides of the argument.

On one hand, you have these assets that we've drafted, developed and seen grow up. There's clearly some level of potential and talent with all of them, and fans have a natural tendancy to be partial to "homegrown" players.

On the other hand, if you're the Pelicans, this is a group of players who have done nothing but go to lottery after lottery. Some of them have been plagued by serious injuries. When you don't have the emotional attachment we have to these players, you can easily view them as injury-prone "assets" who haven't really done anything in the league.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

The guy you keep, in my book, is Lonzo Ball. Especially since Bron is no longer a disrupter on the defensive end, Lonzo is that guy.

But there is another scenario... Lets say Kawhi or Kyrie says, "if you bag AD, count me in." Push comes to shove, I think you'd have to trade all those kids if you have to.

I think most of us logical level headed fans are saying, "Don't do it, if it only fields a team consisting of just Bron and AD." If we get a guarantee from Kawhi or Kyrie, I think that changes the thinking.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm looking for anyone who doesn't want to trade Zo, Hart, Kuz, and BI.

lakersboy wrote:
This thread is a search for people out there who don't want to trade these guys. If you say it in other threads you're called dumb. Here are some of my reasons:

LG is full of threads about trading AD, and those threads have lots of comments from people who oppose trading him or giving up too much for him.

Don't really see what the point of having yet another thread on this topic.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject:

If AD wants be a Lakers and we dont sign anyone he will have his chance next summer other than that I'm not giving up everyone to get him.

BI Ball Kuz Hart and the #4 is just too many assets
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

I want BI to stay. In an ideal world, Lonzo would stay too. Everyone else can go imo for proven stars. I feel the upside of BI is too good to pass up, and Lonzo is already one of the best defensive PGs in the league (on top of the great ball movement and rebounding he brings).
Jack's Room
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

It's kind of odd to knock AD's health while ignoring that Lonzo/Ingram haven't exactly been iron men themselves.

I think it all boils down to a simple belief of how much you think the young core improves and whether you believe their production can be matched by free agent signings. If you think it can, you put the chips in for AD. If you think it can't, you roll with the young guns.

I'm of the belief that there are maybe a handful of players who can do what AD does on both ends of the court -- and they're considered untouchable assets. Lonzo and Ingram? I'm not quite as certain they bring outlier production.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Jack's Room wrote:
It's kind of odd to knock AD's health while ignoring that Lonzo/Ingram haven't exactly been iron men themselves.

I think it all boils down to a simple belief of how much you think the young core improves and whether you believe their production can be matched by free agent signings. If you think it can, you put the chips in for AD. If you think it can't, you roll with the young guns.

I'm of the belief that there are maybe a handful of players who can do what AD does on both ends of the court -- and they're considered untouchable assets. Lonzo and Ingram? I'm not quite as certain they bring outlier production.

It gamble eitherway, If the FO decides to hit on a 17 i wont blame them, but it better turn into a 21
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

People against the trade keep acting like AD is a third option on a contending team and people for the trade are acting like our young players are nothing but damaged goods and busts.

Both sides are super annoying tbh. I'll be thrilled when it ends one way or another.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

I blame Bron. But I’m stuck cuz I bleed the colors. Conundrum. I see you, Dlo fans... I feel your pain now.
Lakerchaq
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

So you want us to wait for lonzo and ingram to win us a chip? And hart?

Keep ingram or the pick thts all i care about. Everyone else is expandable.

Look at the wolves how far they have gotten and they had great prospects!
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
I think there is pretty general consensus that a trade for AD at minimum would include

2 of #4 pick, BI, Ball
1 of Kuzma, Hart
Filler Wagner, Bonga

If it's everyone above for AD my guess is most folks would think that is overboard

I always wonder, why do people always insert this Bonga fella to trade proposals. I have never seen this guy play in my life, who is this guy?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10
Jump to: