OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 523, 524, 525 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
3baller wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
3baller wrote:
Oh oh oh and...

Kuz ORPM 0.77, DRPm -0.77, RPM = 0.00
BI ORPM -1.77, DRPM -0.54, RPM = -1.77

Kuz net on/off = +1.7
BI net on/off = -0.1

Which mean's were better if Kuz is on the floor than without and about a tinnie bit worse with BI on the floor.

And how about durability? BI played 79, 59 and 52 games the in his first 3 seasons to Kuz's 77 and 70.

So...

Yea so I guess that settles it lol..

Waiting for a more fact based argument than blah blah blah lollerzkatez

I don't really have a fact based argument for you.. neither did you present one.

You guys throw out numbers, then you extrapolate a narrative from it. You're confusing your interpretation of the data with fact.

Uhhh what are we supposed to do with advanced numbers? Just stare at it?

How else are you supposed to gauge players? Good ole no-bias eye test?

If BI has better advanced numbers than Kuz, you guys would have already used it. Don't give me that bs
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
3baller wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
3baller wrote:
Oh oh oh and...

Kuz net on/off = +1.7
BI net on/off = -0.1

Which mean's were better if Kuz is on the floor than without and about a tinnie bit worse with BI on the floor.

And how about durability? BI played 79, 59 and 52 games the in his first 3 seasons to Kuz's 77 and 70.

So...

I don't really have a fact based argument for you.. neither did you present one.

You guys throw out numbers, then you extrapolate a narrative from it. You're confusing your interpretation of the data with fact.

Think about what I said.. "You're confusing your interpretation of the data with fact."

Those numbers will give you a narrative.. I'm simply saying your interpretation is an informed opinion. Not a fact. I can't prove to you that Ingram is the better talent.

I could throw out numbers that show Kuz is one of the worst players in the league at creating and converting his own shot. (Ingram among the leagues best at 21) Or that he was one of the worst high volume 3 point shooters in the league to support my argument. But still what would it prove? There is always a counter argument..

I'd prefer not to be involved in these kind of exchanges because I don't like dumping on our players. I like all of them. =)
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
3baller wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
3baller wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
3baller wrote:
Oh oh oh and...

Kuz net on/off = +1.7
BI net on/off = -0.1

So...

Think about what I said.. "You're confusing your interpretation of the data with fact."

Those numbers will give you a narrative.. I'm simply saying your interpretation is an informed opinion. Not a fact. I can't prove to you that Ingram is the better talent.

I could throw out numbers that show Kuz is one of the worst players in the league at creating and converting his own shot. (Ingram among the leagues best at 21) Or that he was one of the worst high volume 3 point shooters in the league to support my argument. But still what would it prove? There is always a counter argument..

I'd prefer not to be involved in these kind of exchanges because I don't like dumping on our players. I like all of them. =)

Again I ask. What else are you gonna depend on to gauge players if not advanced stats especially those that try to encapsulate total player impact or just stats in general?

The weather channel don't always get it right but we depend on that (bleep) because that's the best way to know whether it's gonna rain or not.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
3baller wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
3baller wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
3baller wrote:
Oh oh oh and...

Kuz net on/off = +1.7
BI net on/off = -0.1

So...

Again I ask. What else are you gonna depend on to gauge players if not advanced stats especially those that try to encapsulate total player impact or just stats in general?

The weather channel don't always get it right but we depend on that (bleep) because that's the best way to know whether it's gonna rain or not.

You're talking past me boss..

I'm okay with you using whatever tools you deem credible to formulate your view. I'm simply saying there is no factual argument to be presented as a counter. Which is what you asked me for.

We can throw interpretations of data at each other till we're blue in the face, and still not have established who's definitively right or wrong. Which makes the exercise futile. I've seen it play out on many occasion. I'm sure you have as well.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
3baller wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
3baller wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
3baller wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
3baller wrote:
Oh oh oh and...

Kuz net on/off = +1.7
BI net on/off = -0.1

So...

You're talking past me boss..

I'm okay with you using whatever tools you deem credible to formulate your view. I'm simply saying there is no factual argument to be presented as a counter. Which is what you asked me for.

We can throw interpretations of data at each other till we're blue in the face, and still not have established who's definitively right or wrong. Which makes the exercise futile. I've seen it play out on many occasion. I'm sure you have as well.

That's ridiculous. You're saying that it's impossible to draw, not facts, but definitive conclusions using stats? It's impossible to agree to a conclusion that Shaq is better than Shawn Bradley because Shawn might be a better free throw shooter than Shaq?

All I'm trying to debunk here is the notion that Kuz is that much worse than BI which seems to be the consensus among fans. And that notion comes from biased views. I'm not trying to nitpick obscure stats. Stats and advanced stats allow us to see past the bias. And fortunately or unfortunately, it tells us that Kuz is a lot closer to BI than people might think.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Well your stats indicated that he was a better player.. =)

My point is narratives can be created with them, that may not be true.

And since a narrative can be created that may not line up with reality, they can't be relied upon entirely to make an assessment that should be characterized as fact.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

And since a narrative can be created that may not line up with reality, they can't be relied upon entirely to make an assessment that should be characterized as fact.

Nope never said Kuz is better. Just laid out commonly used advanced stats. Didn't mention any obscure stat just to prove a point. You can read and reread my initial posts till you're blue in the face

On the contrary, I'm not trying to create a narrative but trying to debunk one using facts(stats) and not eye-tests under rose colored glasses.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Nope never said Kuz is better. Just laid out commonly used advanced stats. Didn't mention any obscure stat just to prove a point. You can read and reread my initial posts till you're blue in the face

On the contrary, I'm not trying to create a narrative but trying to debunk one using facts(stats) and not eye-tests under rose colored glasses.

Maybe you need to do the rereading.. it's why I said you're talking past me.
"Well your stats indicated that he was a better player.." I shouldn't have to keep explaining myself..

At this point me and you should call it a night.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Doesn't matter whose better because Kuzma is the best fit on a lebron team over INgram and Ball...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Kuz is in China right now I think
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Just noticed Kuz made Warriors fans very angry tonight
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:

Quote:
kuz @kylekuzma

This was karma from the spurs series when kawhi got hurt vs the warriors. Sucks to say.

Kawhi's future teammate?
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Kyle “Clout Chasin” Kuzma
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:49 pm    Post subject:

As he matures I think he'll learn that some things are better left unsaid.. Especially if you're a public figure.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:23 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Oh oh oh and...

Kuz net on/off = +1.7
BI net on/off = -0.1

Olynyk RPM = 2.07
J. Winslow RPM = 2.05
Josh Richardson RPM = 1.79
Dragic RPM = 0.75

Dwight Powell net on/off = +1.7
Doncic net on/off= -1.8

Your injury point is valid. Availability is still an ability.
But, if it only took two stats to find out who's the better player. There wouldn't be so many bad GMs in the league.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:27 am    Post subject:

Also those stats you brought up for Kuz and Ingram were bad for both players. So by using those stats you're pretty much arguing Kuz was less bad. And being less bad isn't a great qualification for championship basketball.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:48 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
eureca wrote:

Quote:
kuz @kylekuzma

This was karma from the spurs series when kawhi got hurt vs the warriors. Sucks to say.

Kawhi's future teammate?

Kissing butt is kuzmas main strength
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:00 am    Post subject:

Kuz putting in that Kawhi work
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:21 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:

Quote:
kuz @kylekuzma

And was his play at the end of the season karma for him assuming that it wasn't because he had Lonzo and LeBron feeding him?
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:24 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
epak wrote:
eureca wrote:

Quote:
kuz @kylekuzma

Kawhi's future teammate?

i wanna see the advanced stats for brown nosing.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:26 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
epak wrote:
eureca wrote:

Quote:
kuz @kylekuzma

Kawhi's future teammate?

Maybe he should stick to wooing Jeanie so he can stay in LA.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:22 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
3baller wrote:
Oh oh oh and...

Kuz net on/off = +1.7
BI net on/off = -0.1

Olynyk RPM = 2.07
J. Winslow RPM = 2.05
Josh Richardson RPM = 1.79
Dragic RPM = 0.75

Dwight Powell net on/off = +1.7
Doncic net on/off= -1.8

Your injury point is valid. Availability is still an ability.
But, if it only took two stats to find out who's the better player. There wouldn't be so many bad GMs in the league.

Nope, 2 stats obviously not enough to compare players and definitively declare a winner. But that wasn't what I was trying to do. I clearly stated in my previous posts that the goal was to debunk the notion that Kuz is clearly inferior to BI and those 2 stats would at least stop hardcore fans from proclaiming BI as the far superior player, at least in the present.

kikanga wrote:
Also those stats you brought up for Kuz and Ingram were bad for both players. So by using those stats you're pretty much arguing Kuz was less bad. And being less bad isn't a great qualification for championship basketball.

Kuz and BI right now are at best above average NBA players. No shame in that. Both are young and they're on the right trajectory.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Seriously, this guy?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

I'm devastated we didn't keep Ingram

This guy better develop to be the next Kobe, because Ingram's a future star
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
I'm devastated we didn't keep Ingram

This guy better develop to be the next Kobe, because Ingram's a future star

He's good per $ cost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 523, 524, 525 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 524 of 880
Jump to: