I'm looking for anyone who doesn't want to trade Zo, Hart, Kuz, and BI.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack's Room
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Oh right, it'd be Zion + Zo + BI + Garland or Culver. Damn.

Warriors 2.0 says hi.

Holy hot take. Steph and Klay are two of the best shooters ever and that was true before KD joined the team. Besides Garland, it would be a miracle for the above group to collectively shoot over 75% from the line or anything resembling league above average from three-point range. That team would be incredibly easy to defend by stopping transition opportunities and packing the paint. I like our young players too, but this is getting out of hand.

Jrue and Moore can shoot from outside... Ingram and Kuzma are both capable of league average shooting from distance and Zion had a 70%TS.

Nothing drafting Garland or signing some shooters couldn't fix.

That original lineup was quoted as: Zion + Zo + BI + Garland or Culver. No Kuzma included in that. It would seem strange that they'd draft Garland if they intend on having both Jrue and Zo but sure, throw him in the mix. It's still not anything resembling "Warriors 2.0." Best case scenario is a few of those guys improve their free throw shooting and 3PT shooting to league average or slightly better. And in that scenario, they still don't stack up to the greatest deep shooting team of all-time. Not even close.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Jack's Room wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Warriors 2.0 says hi.

Holy hot take. Steph and Klay are two of the best shooters ever and that was true before KD joined the team. Besides Garland, it would be a miracle for the above group to collectively shoot over 75% from the line or anything resembling league above average from three-point range. That team would be incredibly easy to defend by stopping transition opportunities and packing the paint. I like our young players too, but this is getting out of hand.

Jrue and Moore can shoot from outside... Ingram and Kuzma are both capable of league average shooting from distance and Zion had a 70%TS.

That original lineup was quoted as: Zion + Zo + BI + Garland or Culver. No Kuzma included in that. It would seem strange that they'd draft Garland if they intend on having both Jrue and Zo but sure, throw him in the mix. It's still not anything resembling "Warriors 2.0." Best case scenario is a few of those guys improve their free throw shooting and 3PT shooting to league average or slightly better. And in that scenario, they still don't stack up to the greatest deep shooting team of all-time. Not even close.

Of course if you take away the fluke signing of KD... they wouldn't compare... but the actual Warriors core... with Barnes, Klay, Steph, Draymond seems possible.

As I said... if AD wanted to pull a boss Keyser Soze move... he gets the trade done... then returns to New Orleans a hero who pulled off the biggest con in NBA history.

Then you have Zion/AD/Jrue/Ingram/Zo/Garland or Culver.

Now that can compete with the KD Warriors.
Jack's Room
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Warriors 2.0 says hi.

It wasn't a direct comparison in terms of skill, more like having a young core that can potentially win multiple championships.

Do you think it's possible in the current NBA to compete for championships shooting poorly from the line and beyond the arc? You'd really have to bank on some of those guys improving by leaps and bounds.
Jack's Room
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Warriors 2.0 says hi.

Of course if you take away the fluke signing of KD... they wouldn't compare... but the actual Warriors core... with Barnes, Klay, Steph, Draymond seems possible.

As I said... if AD wanted to pull a boss Keyser Soze move... he gets the trade done... then returns to New Orleans a hero who pulled off the biggest con in NBA history.

I rate AD returning to New Orleans next year as only slightly less probable than two of the above switching bodies with Klay and Steph Freaky Friday style and inheriting their shooting ability.

Last edited by Jack's Room on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Jack's Room wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Warriors 2.0 says hi.

It wasn't a direct comparison in terms of skill, more like having a young core that can potentially win multiple championships.

Do you think it's possible in the current NBA to compete for championships shooting poorly from the line and beyond the arc? You'd really have to bank on some of those guys improving by leaps and bounds.

I keep saying it over and over but Ingram's eFG% last season is higher than any of Kobe's seasons.

They aren't as faraway as you think.

I'm not saying Ingram has near the athleticism of Kobe... but if you go by shooting... it's actually better.

And if you are talking about the current NBA... BI's eFG% is better than DeRozan's eFG as well.

Even Paul George didn't shoot as well from the field as BI until he was 26 years old.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Jack's Room wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Warriors 2.0 says hi.

I rate AD returning to New Orleans next year as only slightly less probable than two of the above switching bodies with Klay and Steph Freaky Friday style and inheriting their shooting ability.

I think it's low too... because AD seems to be more of a beta personality who is fully under the wing of Klutch.

If he opened his eyes... he could return to NO in 2020... team up with Zion and our core and dominate the NBA.

He will probably do exactly what PG did with Westbrook and live or die depending on LBJ's health.
Jack's Room
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Warriors 2.0 says hi.

I keep saying it over and over but Ingram's eFG% last season is higher than any of Kobe's seasons.

I'm not saying Ingram has near the athleticism of Kobe... but if you go by shooting... it's actually better.

And if you are talking about the current NBA... BI's eFG% is better than DeRozan's eFG as well.

Even Paul George didn't shoot as well from the field as BI until he was 26 years old.

Why are you using eFG when it's not nearly as good as TS% as an all-encompassing shooting stat? It doesn't account for free throws at all. That's massively important when rating a player.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Jack's Room wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Warriors 2.0 says hi.

Why are you using eFG when it's not nearly as good as TS% as an all-encompassing shooting stat? It doesn't account for free throws at all. That's massively important when rating a player.

Because people use specific stats to hammer home a predetermined premise. How about the context of volume, role in the offense, difficulty, etc. If stouting idiotic stats comparing BI, who has yet to play a playoff game or make an allstar team, to some of the greatest offensive players of all time raises his trade value then by all means but come on lmao
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Jack's Room wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Warriors 2.0 says hi.

Because the anti Ingram crowd keeps hammering home the point that he's a poor shooter.

In fact he's one of the best iso scorers in the game.

So sure... if you want to call him a poor free throw shooter... that is fair.

Except none of you make that distinction either... choosing to round off and just call him a bad shooter.

Ingram is a good shooter from the field and a poor free throw shooter which yes, is important.

But don't act like I'm cherry picking when you all are doing the exact same thing.

And it's way easier to improve your free throw shooting or even three ball than it is to master BI's iso moves.

Ask Danny Green or Siakam who can't get a shot off unless it's in transition or a wide open three.
Jack's Room
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Warriors 2.0 says hi.

Because the anti Ingram crowd keeps hammering home the point that he's a poor shooter.

In fact he's one of the best iso scorers in the game.

So sure... if you want to call him a poor free throw shooter... that is fair.

Except none of you make that distinction either... choosing to round off and just call him a bad shooter.

Ingram is a good shooter from the field and a poor free throw shooter which yes, is important.

But don't act like I'm cherry picking when you all are doing the exact same thing.

And it's way easier to improve your free throw shooting or even three ball than it is to master BI's iso moves.

Ask Danny Green or Siakam who can't get a shot off unless it's in transition or a wide open three.

Why are you lumping me in with everyone else? I've never flat out said "Ingram is a bad shooter." I'm always specific about my critiques and have even done so in this thread. Free throw and three-point shooting are my concerns with many current (Zo, Ingram) or potential (Culver) Lakers. I've been fairly consistent with that when evaluating prospects. It's one of the reasons I'm a fan of Garland and even taken some criticism for believing in Bol Bol's potential as a plus offensive player.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Jack's Room wrote:

Why are you lumping me in with everyone else? I've never flat out said "Ingram is a bad shooter." I'm always specific about my critiques and have even done so in this thread. Free throw and three-point shooting are my concerns with many current (Zo, Ingram) or potential (Culver) Lakers. I've been fairly consistent with that when evaluating prospects. It's one of the reasons I'm a fan of Garland and even taken some criticism for believing in Bol Bol's potential as a shooter.

My apologies if that is so.

But you pointed out how I cherry picked eFG%... look through the FA and Ingram thread and tell me how many times people say our kids can't shoot... they will never be all stars... they are all overrated.

Lonzo Ball's eFG% last season?

48.8%

Better than Kobe Bryant's career average from the field at 48.2%

Mindblowing... but true.
Jack's Room
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:

Why are you lumping me in with everyone else? I've never flat out said "Ingram is a bad shooter." I'm always specific about my critiques and have even done so in this thread. Free throw and three-point shooting are my concerns with many current (Zo, Ingram) or potential (Culver) Lakers. I've been fairly consistent with that when evaluating prospects. It's one of the reasons I'm a fan of Garland and even taken some criticism for believing in Bol Bol's potential as a shooter.

But you pointed out how I cherry picked eFG%... look through the FA and Ingram thread and tell me how many times people say our kids can't shoot... they will never be all stars... they are all overrated.

48.8%

Mindblowing... but true.

That comparison shows why eFG% is deficient as a metric in telling the full story of a shooter. I think we'd agree that no one outside of Lavar Ball thinks Lonzo is a better shooter than Kobe. But if you look at TS%, Lonzo's numbers last year would outrank only 2 of 20 seasons by Kobe, both post-achilles tear when he was 36 and 37 years old respectively. Not great.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Wouldnt trade bi or zo, should be kuz, hart and 4th. We are betting against ourselves, celtics aint offering tatum after kyrie bails, and knicks are total rebuild mode with kd going down
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Jack's Room wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jack's Room wrote:

48.8%

Mindblowing... but true.

That comparison shows why eFG% is deficient as a metric in telling the full story of a shooter. I think we'd agree that no one outside of Lavar Ball thinks Lonzo is a better shooter than Kobe. But if you look at TS%, Lonzo's numbers last year would outrank only 2 of 20 seasons by Kobe, both post-achilles tear when he was 36 and 37 years old respectively. Not great.

No. If anything, eFG% is the best representation of field goal efficiency as it counts 3pt shots as 1.5x FGM since it counts as 1.5x points than a normal shot. It's not even an advanced stat. Just a better way of calculating Fg%.

EFG% is only deficient if you compare players efg% across different eras.
Until the year that Kobe retired, the league average eFG% was only 50%. That means he was playing most of his career on league average eFG% since his stats tanked during the post achilles years.

Ball on the other hand btw has career eFG% of 46.1 and not 48.8. League average in today's NBA is 52.1%. That means he is shooting at way below average.

But but 46% is close to 48.8, that means Lonzo is as much a shooter as Kobe!

Nope. It only means that Zo has better shot selection. Zo shoots 80% of his attempts near the rim or beyond the arc. Kobe in comparison only shot 49% of his total attempts at the rim or from deep.

Kobe shot 51% of his attempts in the mid range which is now widely known as the least efficient shot in basketball. Why do you think Derozan is falling off the map and why Melo became extinct?
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:26 pm    Post subject:

I’m so baffled at why Kuzma is the untouchable lmao
apples
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Keep them all and the #4.
Let Ainge roll the dice and send Tatum el al to NO hoping keep Kyrie and pair him with AD. Maybe Kyrie stays maybe he goes elsewhere.
Let the Celts deal with AD missing 20 games.
Have AD walk after next season and go wherever leaving Boston with nothing.
Meanwhile give the kids one more season to either blossom or fail.
If it works out great, if not, there's no guarantee LeBron+AD+scraps would have worked. I'd rather see that than be miserable watching LeBron and AD suffer season-ending injuries playing too many minutes because the Lakers have no depth and can't stop the opposition from scoring.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

The FO is about Mamba Mentality rather than reality.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:02 am    Post subject:

Now that KD is out next season, I have more faith in LBJ and Davis being a championship tandem. Health permitting. Still prefer a big 3. But with KD out that tandem went from 0% chance of making it out of the west to a less than 50% chance. An improvement, but I'm not betting the house on it.
whitemamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:23 am    Post subject:

Lakers giving up too much , we need a point guard and a defensive minded one is a plus. Lebron isn’t the same anymore to make up ground for other players. Lakers should stop competing with them selves and sit tight.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:33 am    Post subject:

Having the #4 pick should give us a good position to rebuild even if we miss out max free agent. In my opinion, our roster consists of 1 all star potential (Ingram), 1 star potential (Ball) and 2 borderline star potential (Kuzma and #4 prospect) players. That’s our future position 1-4 starters. We can offer money at WCS or Porzingis and see if their team match the offer. If that fails, we can use the cap space to sign veteran center and use next year’s first round pick to complete the roster. That’s why I am adamant not to trade every young players for AD. We can be a good team even without this trade
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:58 am    Post subject:

I would offer BI, ZO, and 2 future 1st's for AD and Frank Johnson (who would be a good backup pg at minimum). We still have the cost controlled contracts of Josh, Kuz, and our 1st this year going forward.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:18 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

The FO is about Mamba Mentality rather than reality.

cause he much cheaper
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:56 am    Post subject:

I'm not trading Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, 4th overall and a few young potential pieces for Anthony Davis.

Ingram and Ball look to be special players. Kuzma is talent and only getting better...and who knows if Garland is the next CP3, Stephen Curry or bust.

Davis is a really good player...his list of positives are long... but he does have a few negatives. He doesn't appear to be a leader or someone that can take over when games are on the line. That shouldn't detract for his incredible play but is part of the equation.

Lastly... I wonder how many teams are willing to gut their roster, trade away their future (picks) for a player that is telling everyone he will walk after the season to the Knicks or Lakers?

Players have immense power these days to determine their future team... this takes away a lot of the leverage that the Pelicans think they have.

The Pelicans should have dealt with Magic's "give them everyone" ridiculous deal.... now that ship has sailed... and the FO would be foolish to let it come back.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject:

I had never wanted the trade but what's really get into me is the timing. It should be plan B, no plan A. We need to go to free agency first. If we do the trade before the draft, We ARE TRADING THE PICK. The trade will be official in July 1. This notion of a MAX + AD only have like 10% chance

When Cleveland agreed in the KLove trade, they already have Lechump and Kyrie. And it was July. They had already has Wiggins.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
They couldn't even beat the Knicks when Bron was out. Damn kids wet the bed. Ship their asses out.

Because judging guys on their regular season success 1-3 years in makes sense.

I remember some “bad” losses with James on the court too. Both before and after his activating for the playoffs.

Pretty sure the damn kids had some flashes and were contributing when the Lakers were the 4th seed. The season had some highs and lows. All the roster not just selectively the 21 year olds. The vets wet the bed a few times too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10
Jump to: