KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 665, 666, 667 ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

People seem to be so desperate for a superstar that they are ignoring the clear and obvious.

Kawhi is pretty amazing and he's to Kobe's arsenal as Kobe was to Jordan's. The difference is that Kawhi is just taking pieces of Kobe's game and soldering it in place without his foundational game being able to support it. As it stands, he's running hot and rough like an old truck. If there isn't an expansion of his foundation to playmaker and using both hands to do so, then he's going to flame out.

I don't see why it has to be such a polarizing observation.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
People seem to be so desperate for a superstar that they are ignoring the clear and obvious.

Kawhi is pretty amazing and he's to Kobe's arsenal as Kobe was to Jordan's. The difference is that Kawhi is just taking pieces of Kobe's game and soldering it in place without his foundational game being able to support it. As it stands, he's running hot and rough like an old truck. If there isn't an expansion of his foundation to playmaker and using both hands to do so, then he's going to flame out.

If you think LBJ/KL aren't the solutions, would love your take on Lonzo and BI.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

If you think LBJ/KL aren't the solutions, would love your take on Lonzo and BI.

Hmmm... We are trying to address different problems so we aren't going to be in agreement on a solution.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
I'm convinced that some Kobe stans just want the Lakers to suck forever in the post-Kobe era, to "protect his legacy".

What's the difference between a Kobe stan and a Kobe fan?
I'm a Kobe fan, but I want the Lakers to not suck. And I want Kawhi.

Stan = obsessed; like Stan in the Eminem song. Kobe stans are people who put Kobe's "legacy" above anything else, even the Lakers' current/future success.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

What I love about Kawhi the most... he doesn't seem to care about legacy, perceptions and other superficial stuff... he knows he is a great basketball player and only seems to only care about winning titles, for himself and his team. He may admire other past players but only to the extent of taking things from their games that would help him become a better player and he doesn't care about comparisons to MJ/Kobe/Whoever or super-ceding them. The guy is a student of the game and of past players, is very humble (even child-like) and doesn't let his greatness get to his head. That's the kind of player I want as our 1A... and I'd happily trade LeBron to make it happen IF it were needed. I'm hoping the idea of playing with LeBron doesn't turn Kawhi off though because he could also learn some things from LeBron before he retires (like playmaking, which is one area Kawhi can improve in... and perhaps, also about off-court business management). If we get Kawhi, if he is not injured during playoffs, and our FO does their job of surrounding him with the talent/depth he needs... I can easily see us going through another golden age of titles, 3 of the next 5 at the least, and finally overtaking those darn Leprechauns.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Hm don't want one of the top players in the league at his prime? Don't know what to tell you..
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject:

He's coming. I feel it!
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject:

i have always thought in the san antonio series kawhi leonard was the best player in the league. He worked lebron james. I would give the whole team for him....including lebron james (lol). It would be a dream come true. What im hoping after watching him play....he see how hard it is to be alone on a team....he is worn out....he forgot how much help he recieved from san antonio. Thats why i think he will leave toronto even if he wins. I pray we get him.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Surprised to see you hating on Kawhi, since he already beat LBJ and is more Kobe-like in skill and mentality than anyone in the league. Is there any player in existence besides 24 that you actually appreciate
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Surprised to see you hating on Kawhi, since he already beat LBJ and is more Kobe-like in skill and mentality than anyone in the league. Is there any player in existence besides 24 that you actually appreciate

#8 KOBE
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

How soon we forget.

Kawhi Leonard Reportedly Doesn't Want to Join Lakers, Play with LeBron James

LINK

Quote:

Appearing on Brian Windhorst's podcast, ESPN's Michael C. Wright said he doesn't believe Leonard is interested in signing with the Lakers.

"I do not," Wright said. "That's just what I've been told. It's what I've been told going back to last summer. I don't see that as something that's happening. I think he goes to the Clippers."

This is not a new development, as Leonard has reportedly had little interest in joining the Lakers since speculation about a union between the two sides began last offseason.

Talk about sealing a legacy. If Kawhi brings a championship to Los Angeles and puts it in a Clipper trophy case HE'LL be tossed into GOAT conversations.

If he contracts to a 2 year 2nd year option (LeBron James) he'll be able to go wherever he wants to.

Even if he wins the Larry O'Brien with the Clipps it won't change their LA privileges. They'll still just be the Clippers. e.g. Dodgers and Angeles. Even after the Angeles won the WS they were still #2.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
How soon we forget.

LINK

Quote:

Appearing on Brian Windhorst's podcast, ESPN's Michael C. Wright said he doesn't believe Leonard is interested in signing with the Lakers.

"I do not," Wright said. "That's just what I've been told. It's what I've been told going back to last summer. I don't see that as something that's happening. I think he goes to the Clippers."

This is not a new development, as Leonard has reportedly had little interest in joining the Lakers since speculation about a union between the two sides began last offseason.

Talk about sealing a legacy. If Kawhi brings a championship to Los Angeles and puts it in a Clipper trophy case HE'LL be tossed into GOAT conversations.

If he contracts to a 2 year 2nd year option (LeBron James) he'll be able to go wherever he wants to.

Even if he wins the Larry O'Brien with the Clipps it won't change their LA privileges. They'll still just be the Clippers. e.g. Dodgers and Angeles. Even after the Angeles won the WS they were still #2.

So the Kobe fan who demanded a trade to the Lakers doesn't want to be a Laker?

I called BS then and still call it.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject:

666 mark of the beast. Kawhi beast mode. It was written.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

If we don't get KL we are done. That's my take.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

DOUBLE POST

Kawhi left the city most suited to fit his personality, San Antonio. Pop shielded him from the media, it'a small market city.

It's rumored he was tired of the city. It's believed, with reason, the medical staff misdiagnosed his injury. It's been pushed around that his reasons for not playing weren't believed. Given the last two reasons his leaving is understood.

I think Kawhi can handle the media in LA or NY. He has a personality that's not easily ruffled. He handles the media as he does his game, without emotion.

He does his job on the court without fanfare. He answers media question same. His answers are direct and to the point, not bloviated. (SAS )

He'll be fine wherever he goes. If Toronto wins the chip he may stay in Canada. I don't think he will.

I think we can rule the Lakers out, it's been printed he doesn't want to play with James. If he comes here he'll be a Clipper.

Forget Kawhi. Don't chase a canoe through the rapids without a super duper life jacket, the falls are just ahead.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

He will look alot better with another star or 2 to defer to and take attention away from him.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
jodeke wrote:
How soon we forget.

LINK

Quote:

I know he demanded a trade. It was printed preferably to the Lakers. Perhaps something caused him to changed his mind. I've heard more he didn't want to play with LeBron than other.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi can't do it by himself. He needs help. If streaky Lowry come to life it's time to break out the fishing gear.

trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
How soon we forget.

LINK

Quote:

Kawhi won't be winning a thing with the Clips. He got traded to an already 50 win ECF team. Also what is getting lost in Kawhi's postseason greatness is just how good his supporting cast is in Ibaka, Siakam, Lowry, Gasol, Green. The Raps have depth at every position and are playing incredible defense and team basketball. Kawhi with a bunch of young guys in the west is maybe a 2nd round exit.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Uh Oh....Lowry woke up

Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
jodeke wrote:
How soon we forget.

LINK

Quote:

I know he demanded a trade. It was printed preferably to the Lakers. Perhaps something caused him to changed his mind. I've heard more he didn't want to play with LeBron than other.

Kawhi demanded a trade on June 15, 2018. By then, LeBron to the Lakers was being talked about publicly as a definite possibility, if not a fait accompli. The Finals were over and it was an open topic.

By July 18, LeBron had been a Laker for 3 weeks and the Lakers were reportedly still at the top of Kawhi's "list" - up to the second that the trade to Toronto was announced.

So I'm still calling BS. He may decide to go back to T.O. if they win it all, but I'm not buying that the Lakers are no longer one of his destinations of choice.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject:

That trade worked out amazing for the Raptors.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject: How does Kawhi leave now?

Any hope? KL winning it all doesn't bode well for him leaving Toronto for our Lakers...does it?
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
This is not good. Hey if we don’t get Kawhi may as well be Toronto

May 25th
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject:

I don't even care about Leonard. What I care about are the strategies they used to preserve him for the finals. The era of load management is upon us. Move over 3pt shot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 665, 666, 667 ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 666 of 878
Jump to: