2019 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD-RAPTORS 2019 CHAMPS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 444, 445, 446, 447  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject:

Van Fleet is D.Fish-esque
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I really don't think KD stays. First off, I think it was a done deal many months ago that he was leaving and going to NY. Secondly, if anything, the injury should force him out the door even further. It's no secret about the inner turmoil on that team. The public Draymond-KD spat on the court revealed that even the players knew he was out the door. After he got hurt during the playoffs, the team went on a short-lived run (as it turned out) where they won a few games in a row, and the narrative became "we don't even need KD." Then as they got behind in the Finals and it turned out, oh crap, we need KD, the narrative turned to "Klay is coming back to play, Looney is coming back to play, why isn't KD playing?" Who do you think leaked that info? That pressure came, at least in part, from the team, either from management or from teammates. Yes, KD ultimately made the decision to play, but if the Warriors really, truly thought Durant was staying, there's no way in hell they push him to play. They would've realized that they would still have great chances to win more rings with KD under contract for a few more years, and they wouldn't have risked anything.

Anyhow, I don't see how this injury changes anything. I think he's gone. Klay, on the other hand, will almost certainly still be offered the full max.

Yeah. I think Klay stays, KD goes to one of the NY teams.

Listened to BS's podcast this morning and he sad Jay Williams (close friend of KD and host of his Boardroom show) was saying that the Warriors basically tried to extract the last juice out of KD b/c they knew he was leaving, so there was little downside. Interesting if true.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
I really don't think KD stays. First off, I think it was a done deal many months ago that he was leaving and going to NY. Secondly, if anything, the injury should force him out the door even further. It's no secret about the inner turmoil on that team. The public Draymond-KD spat on the court revealed that even the players knew he was out the door. After he got hurt during the playoffs, the team went on a short-lived run (as it turned out) where they won a few games in a row, and the narrative became "we don't even need KD." Then as they got behind in the Finals and it turned out, oh crap, we need KD, the narrative turned to "Klay is coming back to play, Looney is coming back to play, why isn't KD playing?" Who do you think leaked that info? That pressure came, at least in part, from the team, either from management or from teammates. Yes, KD ultimately made the decision to play, but if the Warriors really, truly thought Durant was staying, there's no way in hell they push him to play. They would've realized that they would still have great chances to win more rings with KD under contract for a few more years, and they wouldn't have risked anything.

Anyhow, I don't see how this injury changes anything. I think he's gone. Klay, on the other hand, will almost certainly still be offered the full max.

Yeah. I think Klay stays, KD goes to one of the NY teams.

Listened to BS's podcast this morning and he sad Jay Williams (close friend of KD and host of his Boardroom show) was saying that the Warriors basically tried to extract the last juice out of KD b/c they knew he was leaving, so there was little downside. Interesting if true.

This offseason can get really ugly for the Warriors. It will test Lacob and Myers loyalty for sure.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:41 am    Post subject:

I'm not concerned with the Warriors era, that's their
problem .

My concern is for the Lakers to put together a
championship caliber team. Our challenge does
not change, there are still plenty of teams that would kick
our butts if we can't take the next step.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
I think the question that’s going to haunt Warriors fans more than whether or not KD should have played game 5, is the Kerr and his staff holding Klay out of game 3. The Warriors had just beaten Toronto in game 2 and had momentum going into game 3. Klay is forced to sit when it appears he could have played. As a result Steph is the only real option for game 3, puts up 47 and maxes himself out going into game 4. If Klay played, Warriors might have won game 3 and possibly won game 4, or the Craptors might have bounced back and taken game 4. Either way series tied at 2-2 was a real possibility, negating the need for KD in game 5. If the Warriors lose game 5 it saves a KD return for 48 hours later at the very least and possibly the achilles tear doesn’t happen.

Klay being held out of game 3 is Kerr’s Popovich moment of handling Duncan vs the Heat with under a minute.

If this question haunts them, it doesn't seem like they are talking about it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
It helped that Warriors did KD in, so even if he signed with them he won't be available next year. Warriors aren't invincible anymore.

We have to catch the Clippers before we worry about the Warriors
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject:

Congratulations to Toronto, great job to claim their first title.

I had predicted mid-season the Warriors would not win this year, I felt they were fat and ready to go to slaughter but I thought it would be the Bucks taking them down.

I would be pretty surprised if Kawhi leaves Toronto now, but you never know.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Refs really wanted to push this thing to 7 games. But when Klay went down, it was a wrap.

Curry's dive to the floor on the drive in the final minutes called a foul vs Toronto was absolutely disgusting.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Nobody is talking about Draymond calling a timeout Chris Webber style to choke the game away?

Both teams played great. That tech lost GSW the game.

Didn't know the game situation, complete gaffe and bonehead play by a bonehead.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Nobody is talking about Draymond calling a timeout Chris Webber style to choke the game away?

It wouldn't have made a difference.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

It wouldn't have made a difference.

Yes called a timeout with .9 secs left while rolling on the floor. Not sure what he can do at that point but throw up a shot laying on the floor.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

It does beat his other go to move of kicking people in the balls.
kenkoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

Funny thing is that I saw at least 3 guys calling timeout...Green, Iggy and Kerr LOL...maybe even Cook....boneheads all around.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
It helped that Warriors did KD in, so even if he signed with them he won't be available next year. Warriors aren't invincible anymore.

I imagine for fun you go to oncology units and tell all the patients they don't stand a chance.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
I'm not concerned with the Warriors era, that's their
problem .

My concern is for the Lakers to put together a
championship caliber team. Our challenge does
not change, there are still plenty of teams that would kick
our butts if we can't take the next step.

Yes, no matter what the Warriors do we are still a lottery team. We need to find our way and not worry about them.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Refs really wanted to push this thing to 7 games. But when Klay went down, it was a wrap.

Curry's dive to the floor on the drive in the final minutes called a foul vs Toronto was absolutely disgusting.

I disagree that it was one sided in favor of the Warriors. The refs were just plain abysmal last night. Raptors didn't even get some obvious traveling calls in which they ended up scoring a bucket.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I imagine for fun you go to oncology units and tell all the patients they don't stand a chance.

Damn K.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

As a son of a stage 4 cancer survivor, I hope you never have to witness the strength every single one of those patience have, in the face of slim hope. It’s really nothing to make light of, and I wish no ill will. Just know that there is a higher power that we all answer to. Be better.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

As a son of a stage 4 cancer survivor, I hope you never have to witness the strength every single one of those patience have, in the face of slim hope. It’s really nothing to make light of, and I wish no ill will. Just know that there is a higher power that we all answer to. Be better.

Yeah. I cringe when people say "cancer to the team," etc. I wish that phrase would be purged from common usage. Best wishes to you and your fam.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

All 4 of my grandparents have died from cancer. Including 1 a month ago. I feel your pain brother.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

All 4 of my grandparents have died from cancer. Including 1 a month ago. I feel your pain brother.

Dang. Yeah. It's horrible. My grandpops had various ailments (and of course being over 90+) but he also had rectal cancer which I can't imagine was so painful. F Cancer.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

It was one second left. How was he supposed to get a shot off from the floor with 1 second left?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

Are you guys serious? He was rolling on the floor with 1 sec left at mid-court. What is he supposed to do? If anything, they have a better chance at getting a steal after TOR inbounds the ball and making a prayer than making a rolling on the floor behind the back overhead prayer from mid-court.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

My condolences, family.

With blessings and a will to fight, my mom is 5 years survived - stage 4. Anything and everything is possible. God willing she will hold my kids in her arms when I get around to having them.

The point being is that hope... wether your talking sports or illness... or generally anything in life- HOPE and FIGHT and DETERMINATION that’s what makes you alive and life appreciated. You don’t mess with that. You don’t joke about that. You cherish it. Because when you lose THOSE things, you aren’t upholding the blessing of your consciousness. Isang Mahal, my kin.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 444, 445, 446, 447  Next
Page 445 of 447
Jump to: