Which Max FA Do You Want the Lakers to Sign the Most (Post-AD Trade)?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Max Free Agent Do You Want the Lakers to Sign the Most (Assuming No KD/Kawhi/Klay)?
A. Kyrie Irving
72%
 72%  [ 18 ]
B. Kemba Walker
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
C. Jimmy Butler
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
D. DeMarcus Cousins
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
E. Tobias Harris
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
F. Krhis Middleton
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
G. D'Angelo Russell
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
H. Nikola Vucevic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I. Al Horford
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
I want Leonard...

Trade Lebron as well

I would be a strong advocate for this if it wouldn't come with a mountain of negativity. It'd set the franchise back in terms of being a viable option in free agency. No one's going to sign with us in the future if we trade LeBron. Just won't happen.

Kawhi. Then Kyrie. Then Davis in 2020.

People don't even seem to like LBJ other than his old buddies who are almost retired.

Seriously.

If he was so loved, why wouldn't we be choosing among agents instead of trading half our team for someone to play with him?

I think we've done way more damage to ourselves by giving the impression we only care about one player... and that everyone who isn't a superstar is a second class citizen.

I've seen this narrative repeated over and over, and I think it's become a self perpetuating myth at this point.

Maybe Melo or Chris Paul wouldn't like it... but I think more players would say... Wow, LBJ isn't treated any better than I would be treated.

I think it's a plus if we traded him... not a negative.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

No Brook Lopez in the poll? Also what kinda salary are we talking for a player like DeAngelo? I would like him for 3 years 12 mil but he'll probably get more than that on open market. I don't like playing bench players big dollars
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
I want Leonard...

Trade Lebron as well

I would be a strong advocate for this if it wouldn't come with a mountain of negativity. It'd set the franchise back in terms of being a viable option in free agency. No one's going to sign with us in the future if we trade LeBron. Just won't happen.

People don't even seem to like LBJ other than his old buddies who are almost retired.

Seriously.

If he was so loved, why wouldn't we be choosing among agents instead of trading half our team for someone to play with him?

I think we've done way more damage to ourselves by giving the impression we only care about one player... and that everyone who isn't a superstar is a second class citizen.

I've seen this narrative repeated over and over, and I think it's become a self perpetuating myth at this point.

Maybe Melo or Chris Paul wouldn't like it... but I think more players would say... Wow, LBJ isn't treated any better than I would be treated.

It was the same with Kobe. There’s a price that comes with being the best in the game and it’s that most other stars won’t want to play with you.

After every game they ask the role players about how great the “star” player is.

Everytime the team wins its because the star carried them
Everytime the team loses its because the star didn’t have help
Media circus

I don’t think fringe nba players, or role players that can’t create for themselves mind that, but it’s hard to ask another star to take a backseat to someone else.

It kind of goes against the mentality that got them to star status. It’s kind of selfish and attention whoring to even want to take the most shots and have the spot lite on you. So, asking them to share it isn’t really in their dna.

It takes a special type of personality (KL) who just wants to win, plays team ball, and isn’t seeking the spotlight.

Or another star on equal talent level (KL) who can shine just as bright on the same stage (hard to do with one basketball).

That’s why you get players like Dennis Rodman, Tristan Thompson, Robert horry, players that compliment the star, dont need the ball, and still shine.

Why I want nerlens Noel tbh. He’s that type of piece once he gets the chance.

Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
I want Leonard...

Trade Lebron as well

Seriously.

It was the same with Kobe. There’s a price that comes with being the best in the game and it’s that most other stars won’t want to play with you.

After every game they ask the role players about how great the “star” player is.

Media circus

I don’t think fringe nba players, or role players that can’t create for themselves mind that, but it’s hard to ask another star to take a backseat to someone else.

It kind of goes against the mentality that got them to star status. It’s kind of selfish and attention whoring to even want to take the most shots and have the spot lite on you. So, asking them to share it isn’t really in their dna.

It takes a special type of personality (KL) who just wants to win, plays team ball, and isn’t seeking the spotlight.

Or another star on equal talent level (KL) who can shine just as bright on the same stage (hard to do with one basketball).

That’s why you get players like Dennis Rodman, Tristan Thompson, Robert horry, players that compliment the star, dont need the ball, and still shine.

Yep, Kawhi is the obvious perfect combination of humble teammate with superstar skills.

I think Paul George would have been like that too.

Maybe Giannis will be that way.

Much better than Kobe or LeBron types who are amazing players but are also egomaniacs.

The problem is that LBJ has reached the age where he needs a Kawhi to win... I don't think Noel will do the trick anymore... He would have ten years ago.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

So 15% that don’t want Kawhi?

Or 15% just effing with people?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

Picked Kawhi but it really depends.

Kawhi for max or Kemba for vet min, I’ll take Kemba.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
I want Leonard...

Trade Lebron as well

Seriously.

Media circus

Yep, Kawhi is the obvious perfect combination of humble teammate with superstar skills.

I think Paul George would have been like that too.

Maybe Giannis will be that way.

Much better than Kobe or LeBron types who are amazing players but are also egomaniacs.

The problem is that LBJ has reached the age where he needs a Kawhi to win... I don't think Noel will do the trick anymore... He would have ten years ago.

I think Noel is the perfect center for today’s nba he just needs a chance to play big minutes on a winning team that suits his play style. I think our team does that. We desperately need a big that can switch on PnR, protect the paint and force turnovers to get us into transition. He’s also very very fast end to end.

I think today AD then Noel would be perfect for us. I’d love it if we could get both and have Noel off the bench. I think he ends up in Dallas though next to porzingis.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
So 15% that don’t want Kawhi?

Or 15% just effing with people?

Yes
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Picked Kawhi but it really depends.

Kawhi for max or Kemba for vet min, I’ll take Kemba.

Why would Kemba take the vet minimum?
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

i want ad and klay. if not klay, then kyrie. if not kyrie, then kawhi or anyone else like that.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

I’m only considering the ones I think we have a shot at.
Kawhi
Kyrie
Butler
Vucevic
BigGameYimmy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject:

I still want Klay...he is the perfect fit with Lebron and AD. Wouldn't be upset with Kawhi of course but he needs the ball more where Klay doesn't.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

With Kawhi not an option, I'd probably go with Kemba. Kyrie is the better player, but worried about his injury history and his locker room problems.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

Kyrie or Dlo.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

Kyrie has already won a ring with Lebron. If you've got him, then it's almost a lock we win the next championship.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

Kawhi if he wants to be here, is the first choice. Kyrie is probably the best fit, followed by either Kemba or zButler. Middleton is the other possibility, somehow I don’t see Harris coming here and Vuc is out now with Davis here.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

If you wanted the poll to be close, you should have taken out Kawhi.

Where is Kawhi on this poll? I don’t see him... Was it edited?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kawhi
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

I feel like I got ripped off now that Kawhi is not an option on this vote...
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject:

A better poll question would have been "MAX FA".

Kawhi!

You're welcome!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: