OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1833, 1834, 1835 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
https://twitter.com/Trevor_Lane/status/1139255139594694656

Windhorst on ESPN says David Griffin is using the Lakers to raise the price on the Celtics and that if he wanted to make the Lakers deal he already would have made the deal.

As if a GM waiting to get the best possible deal is something unique to the Anthony Davis trade.

Yea and in many cases the Lakers have been used as leverage to obtain more assets from other teams. Heck players would use the Lakers in hope of getting more money from other teams.

Coach Wooden
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject:

This man has better numbers than a young Giannis, Kawhi(Both went to the conference finals this year) and Pippen. Yet you guys want to trade him for a 7 footer that refuses to play center and will be a free agent next year.

AD is soooo dominant, Do you guys remember when AD went to the WCF? Cause i don't.
Do you guys remember what happened the last time we traded for a 7 footer that had one year left on his contract? The 7footer left and we haven't made the playoffs since.
What if AD doesn't like playing with Lebron? Do you really expect him to resign here?
What if he gets injured this year? Do you really expect Kuzma Hart or whoever we sign for the vet min give Lebron the help he needs?
Will you guys be happy with being title favorites for one year and then going back to being in the same position we've been in since 2013 once Lebron retires?

OR

Would you guys rather wait it out, draft BPA at the draft, sign the BPA in FA, make a push for 1st seed in a wide open west all while keeping all (BI, ZO, Kuz, Hart, Bonga,#4) of our young core intact? Id rather be favorites for the next 5-10 years than 1-3 years.

Deep team > Top heavy team. You guys saw that this year.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:

Windhorst on ESPN says David Griffin is using the Lakers to raise the price on the Celtics and that if he wanted to make the Lakers deal he already would have made the deal.

As if a GM waiting to get the best possible deal is something unique to the Anthony Davis trade.

Yea and in many cases the Lakers have been used as leverage to obtain more assets from other teams. Heck players would use the Lakers in hope of getting more money from other teams.

Hm if I was the Pel GM, I wouldn't be holding my breath for the Celtics to break out the bank. Just saying...
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:

Hm if I was the Pel GM, I wouldn't be holding my breath for the Celtics to break out the bank. Just saying...

I don't get how the C's are a threat at all. If I'm Griffin, nothing from them excites me, even if they offer Tatum and mediocre picks. I'd rather have BI + Zo/Kuz and our #4. The fact that AD will leave them in a year means they won't even get Tatum. It's a total no-go.
microbe obliterator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject:

best of luck on bourbon street, BI!
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Legit devastated
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject:

microbe obliterator wrote:
best of luck on bourbon street, BI!
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Absolutely love this kid and wish him the best, especially with the clots issue. He's gonna be a star in this league if he continues to keep his head down and work hard. Hopefully he can come back in 4 years
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject:

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Best of luck BI. You’ll be a star
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

I'll enjoy watching BI develop away from this team. A better defending DeRozan is my optimistic view of him. That's a pretty good player.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject:

On his way to stardom. Hope he comes back one day.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Missin BI. Hopefully he can get it going at NOLA . Him and Zo and Zion And Hart will be an exciting team but Lakers are in the next level so a win win for both teams.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Best of luck man! My favorite laker. I think this fresh start will do wonders for him.

Pelicans got a real one
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Just go watch the pelicans if you’re a fan of him, just like people did DLo. I’m sure anything Davis fans will follow him to here. We don’t know if ingram will be a superstar, time will tell.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the memories BI. Good luck with the rest of your career
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Really nice kid. I was never the biggest fan of his game, but I did admire the dog he had in him. Best of luck in NO slenderman!
Mike Breen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject:

This trade got me feeling depressed
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject:

I would never come back here if I was Bi, Zo, Russell or randle. These guys were treated like trash. become great and forget about the mess you left behind. It’s going to be for the best IMO. The fact that Kuzma was the guy holding the trade up for simply lobbying harder than anyone else shows its politically driven.

I love that we got an elite talent and will HOPEFULLY contend for a title next year, but I fear this is going to be a VERY boring, Bron-Ball heavy team. Not something I’ve ever been a big fan of. NOP is going to be a helluva fun team to watch. These guys are going to get after it nightly, defend and run the break hard.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
I would never come back here if I was Bi, Zo, Russell or randle. These guys were treated like trash. become great and forget about the mess you left behind. It’s going to be for the best IMO. The fact that Kuzma was the guy holding the trade up for simply lobbying harder than anyone else shows its politically driven.

I love that we got an elite talent and will HOPEFULLY contend for a title next year, but I fear this is going to be a VERY boring, Bron-Ball heavy team. Not something I’ve ever been a big fan of. NOP is going to be a helluva fun team to watch. These guys are going to get after it nightly, defend and run the break hard.

I doubt one of them is special as Davis is. I like Zo and Ingram but getting someone like a Davis is a no brainer. It’s nice to see young players grow but Lakers is all about winning championships.
I would have made this trade even without Lebron. AD is a franchise changer. The type of player that if you surround him with the right cast, he can take the team to the top. Not too mention he’s on his prime too.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:

I doubt one of them is special as Davis is. I like Zo and Ingram but getting someone like a Davis is a no brainer. It’s nice to see young players grow but Lakers is all about winning championships.
I would have made this trade even without Lebron. AD is a franchise changer. The type of player that if you surround him with the right cast, he can take the team to the top. Not too mention he’s on his prime too.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

This one hurts. BI, please come back in 5 years.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject:

If you think Dlo made our FO look stupid just wait till we see a 25 year old BI
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject:

This one hurts. A lot. As one of BI’s biggest supporters I knew the kid had it in him to be dog.

Those 26-28 ppg he was tallying up in those final 30 games before going down to his injury was great.

I’ll forever root for him as he joins the list of our former Laker rooks who got shipped to the NBA cellar.

Hope nothing but the best for BI through his rehab and new team.

BI/Zion as the Dukie Bros
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
If you think Dlo made our FO look stupid just wait till we see a 25 year old BI

Preach
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1833, 1834, 1835 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1834 of 1885
Jump to: