Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 725, 726, 727 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:56 am    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
On Kawhi’s cousins IG live they having an open mic night. He says Kawhi is on the way and he’s wearing a Laker hat

Not one reply to this? LOL. Is this really true? Man, the signs are all out there.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:58 am    Post subject:

My gut feeling tells me Kawhi is still leaning towards the Clippers. But this trade must at least plant seeds of doubt in his head: "Do I have a better chance at a 3rd ring with Gallinari and Lou Williams, or with LBJ and AD?"
And him and AD could dominate for years after LBJ is gone, wearing a global brand.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:59 am    Post subject:

Initially, I was shocked, then elated...now I'm somewhere in between. Did they give up too much? Is there plan to go after one big guy or multiple "smaller" pieces that shape the roster out?
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:00 am    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
On Kawhi’s cousins IG live they having an open mic night. He says Kawhi is on the way and he’s wearing a Laker hat

What? Link please!
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:03 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
My gut feeling tells me Kawhi is still leaning towards the Clippers. But this trade must at least plant seeds of doubt in his head: "Do I have a better chance at a 3rd ring with Gallinari and Lou Williams, or with LBJ and AD?"
And him and AD could dominate for years after LBJ is gone, wearing a global brand.

Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:27 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

What? Link please!

Dude..
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:41 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

What? Link please!

https://twitter.com/dorel__/status/1140148765397045248?s=21
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:47 am    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

What? Link please!

Oh Sweet Baby Jesus.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:17 am    Post subject:

ducasse2 wrote:
ValleyLakeshowLover wrote:
Um, some of you guys really think he won't re sign with the Lakers after he hits free agency???

Like, his agent is LeBron's best friend. You seriously think that Rich Paul would facilitate the Lakers shedding all of the assets for his client AD, just to leave LeBron holding the bag a year from now??

This is why we can't have nice things you curmudgeons.

What if AD fires his agent and gets a new one before a FA deal is signed? It happens.

As Rachel Nichols said, AD hired Rich Paul because he wanted LA. This was designed by AD, not Rich Paul.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:17 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

What? Link please!

Oh Sweet Baby Jesus.

Oh my! (but that look like a random black dude on the mic)
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:21 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Way too many picks for a player who won’t sign an extension.

Why do you believe that he won't sign an extension?

Last time we traded for an all star that wanted to get traded here, he left in free agency. We are one Lebron injury away from history repeating itself. He'll be 35, KD's only 31, Kobe was 34, anything can happen...

It's why I want a 3rd max player. Without one, we're an LBJ or Brow injury away from trouble. Don't trust LBJ or Brow to get us to the playoffs on their own. Get a 3rd star, and now LBJ and Brow don't have to do as much. And they're more likely to stay healthy.

Three stars are tempting but I think I would actually spread the 32m over 2 or 3 elite sharp shooters

Quote:
One factor to consider in the third star vs. multiple role players debate - there are A LOT of teams with cap space this summer, so $8-10M per year probably won't get you the same caliber of player that it would've gotten you last summer.

My preference is a third max guy.

https://twitter.com/lakerfilmroom/status/1140094133614206976?s=21

Good point brought up by GT.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:27 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

What? Link please!

Oh Sweet Baby Jesus.

Hard to believe this could actually happen 3 of the top 5 players on the same team No words.
Cassano18
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:31 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

What? Link please!

Oh Sweet Baby Jesus.

And, Kawhi on the which way?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:01 am    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
LKA is actually one of my favorite posters on here. I was never as pessimistic about the young core like him but we agree on quite a lot. He is a bit more of a realist than others.
Also, LeBron had always been far too calm the second half of the season. I think he’s always known a big star was coming... Kawhi. I’ve been a fan since 2007 and he’s never been this accepting with losing and just trusting the process, no matter what he says. LeBron knew if we found a way to get AD, this particular star player would come.

Thank you brother you are incredible too
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:04 am    Post subject:

Imagine we somehow get Leonard, I bet some people around here will still be (bleep) about the draft picks.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:05 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:

Tim Bontemps
‏Verified account @TimBontemps
8m8 minutes ago

The Pelicans will get the following picks from the Lakers, league sources tell ESPN:

No. 4 pick in 2019
Top-8 protected in 2021, becomes unprotected in ‘22
Unprotected swap in ‘23
Unprotected first in ‘24
Unprotected swap in ‘25

Tremendous haul for David Griffin & the Pelicans.

Pelinka got F'ed raw

#4 was gone...cost of keeping Kuz
2020 - We have our pick
2021 - Will go to Pels (That's 2 picks out of 3 gone, pick should be last one in first)
2022 - We have our pick
2023 - We have our pick (Why would they want to swap with us if we're rolling AD KL Kuz and winning big?)
2024 - That goes to Pels
2025 - Do we really give a F about a swap in 2025 if this trade results in us winning a championship or 2?

IF this is true it's still fine and we have a FRP next year, then in 22 and 23, then in 25...

Y'all have to understand that AD is like Kareem in terms of talent and age. He is the best big in the NBA. And he's ours.

Then you factor in that he virtually guarantees us another max this year and GS is out next year...my gawd...we over paid, but not inexcusably.

NO is getting a solid player in BI but one that can walk after next season and who is coming off a serious injury.

NO is getting a solid defender in Zo but one who has serious shot concerns as well as major injury concerns and who is not coincidentally coming off a serious injury.

NO is getting a solid back up 2...this one hurt a little and is the start of an overpay.

WE are getting a HALL OF FAMER to go with a HALL OF FAMER and who together may attract a HALL OF FAMER...

Giving up 2 late round picks plus the #4 pick in a 1 transcendent player draft is not a deal breaker.

Letting NO have the right to swap a couple of picks they won't want to swap is not a deal breaker.

Trading 2 players coming off of significant injury for a HALL OF FAMER is not a deal breaker.

Combining all 3 groups into 1 trade is not a deal breaker.

NO needed to look like they made a good trade and all this fluff does this...I'll take the best player, keeping my best young player, and still having the door open for another max player over where they are today.

Thanks Cervantes. I will add when AD signs next year it will be not a 4 but a 5 year deal!
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject:

Before the trade: The Lakers are trash! The young core is overrated.

After the trade: The Lakers gave up too much. The Pelicans are gonna be good next year with those young guys.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject:

The price is too high. Unfortunately we gave all the young core. We have Kuzma but he is below these two for sure. The price to have LBJ in the team is that you have to rush. We will see how it will all end. As a Laker fan I hope we take at least none ring.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:
Posted in other thread:

My understanding is the '23 and '25 swap won't be a thing if the Pelicans actual FRP is higher - I think the obligation goes away if they choose not to swap in those years.

If that is correct, the total trade could just end up being the equivalent of 6 picks, 3 of which are very low:

1) 2016 #2 BI (could have a medical re-occurrence)
2) 2017 #2 Lonzo (could continue to struggle from 3 and FT)

3) 2017 #30 Hart (coming off of knee issue)

4) 2019 #4 (complete crap shoot after pick #3 in this draft)

5) 2021 likely #28/29/30
6) 2024 somewhere between #20-30

for a 26 yr old AD to pair with LBJ and 29M in cap in 2019-2020...Far from a one-sided trade either way but I am beginning to like it for the Lakers

Now that you've explained how everything will work in our favor from now until 2025, I like the trade better now.

Now that you people are at it, Anthony Davis was The First Pick of 2012, just saying.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:47 am    Post subject:

Seriously,if we got kawhi, all the picks we gave up will be meaningless, him and AD will pretty much guarante those picks to be bad after lebron is done
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject:

I need an AD highlight reel with the Welcome To LA song

do it mitch
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject:

Anyone notice the poetic justice of the Pelicans giving us AD, who they got after the CP3 veto fiasco? Silver gifts them another #1 to ease the pain once again. Hopefully, in 6-7 years, they'll be handing Zion over to us, as well Also, (bleep) Gayle Benson and Demps
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:53 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:

Tim Bontemps
‏Verified account @TimBontemps
8m8 minutes ago

The Pelicans will get the following picks from the Lakers, league sources tell ESPN:

No. 4 pick in 2019
Top-8 protected in 2021, becomes unprotected in ‘22
Unprotected swap in ‘23
Unprotected first in ‘24
Unprotected swap in ‘25

Tremendous haul for David Griffin & the Pelicans.

Pelinka got F'ed raw

#4 was gone...cost of keeping Kuz
2020 - We have our pick
2021 - Will go to Pels (That's 2 picks out of 3 gone, pick should be last one in first)
2022 - We have our pick
2023 - We have our pick (Why would they want to swap with us if we're rolling AD KL Kuz and winning big?)
2024 - That goes to Pels
2025 - Do we really give a F about a swap in 2025 if this trade results in us winning a championship or 2?

IF this is true it's still fine and we have a FRP next year, then in 22 and 23, then in 25...

Y'all have to understand that AD is like Kareem in terms of talent and age. He is the best big in the NBA. And he's ours.

Then you factor in that he virtually guarantees us another max this year and GS is out next year...my gawd...we over paid, but not inexcusably.

NO is getting a solid player in BI but one that can walk after next season and who is coming off a serious injury.

NO is getting a solid defender in Zo but one who has serious shot concerns as well as major injury concerns and who is not coincidentally coming off a serious injury.

NO is getting a solid back up 2...this one hurt a little and is the start of an overpay.

WE are getting a HALL OF FAMER to go with a HALL OF FAMER and who together may attract a HALL OF FAMER...

Giving up 2 late round picks plus the #4 pick in a 1 transcendent player draft is not a deal breaker.

Letting NO have the right to swap a couple of picks they won't want to swap is not a deal breaker.

Trading 2 players coming off of significant injury for a HALL OF FAMER is not a deal breaker.

Combining all 3 groups into 1 trade is not a deal breaker.

NO needed to look like they made a good trade and all this fluff does this...I'll take the best player, keeping my best young player, and still having the door open for another max player over where they are today.

Thanks Cervantes. I will add when AD signs next year it will be not a 4 but a 5 year deal!

Yep. Great stuff, cerv
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Seriously,if we got kawhi, all the picks we gave up will be meaningless, him and AD will pretty much guarante those picks to be bad after lebron is done

Ain't the picks it's the players. You have a better shot at winning with LeBron/Kawhi/Zo/Ingram/Hart/#4 than LeBron/Kawhi/Davis. You can't win a championship with 3 players. Even if we get Kawhi, how do you even begin to fill out the rest of the roster? You have no guards and no bench. That first team is a wet dream.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject:

LeBron's fans are so obvious... They spend more time talking about the Heat and Cavs history than they do the Lakers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 725, 726, 727 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next
Page 726 of 1427
Jump to: