Baby Hook game called by Chick

View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject: Baby Hook game called by Chick

Hopin for a sticky, but I'll put it in my sig lata if not.

This is a remaster a recap I made of this gm about 10 yrs ago and I accidentally uploaded on the 32nd anniv of the game (32 for Earv). I didn't make the original recording, there was a guy who went by kjbleu who did that, iirc. However, I put some of the editing skills I added over the years onto this one, very problematic master. I fixed the coloring and denoised the audio and video and sync'd the audio because of the inherent time delay on the radio broadcasts.

As for the broadcast, this one is a gem. Chick was on that night, you can tell he was pumped. As for the game, it lived up to the immense hype. The whole game, not just the comeback. There were actually 2 comebacks, a 17 point one followed by an 8 point one. Note: McHale was like trying to stop Pippen in 91. He was almost always as bad as Bird. He beat the Lakers at the buzzer on a tip-in in the 85 RS game. That length wasn't matched until we got Mychal T, his college teammate at Minnesota. If you think that outsiders don't want us to succeed only now, note that Bird griped about us getting Mychal for nothing from SA. If Pop knows about this, he's probably pissed about it after the fact.

Now that you got a long time til Oct, you gotta get your hoops where you can find it.

https://tinyurl.com/yyzg34yu
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:54 am    Post subject:

Really cool, watching now

Man, bird could pass

Btw your hyperlink includes a part where it leads to replying to someone's comment. Dunno if that's intentional. If you remove the
Code:
&lc=z23vhdkystnihn420acdp430mq1j2iqnyqzqjkptom1w03c010c
part it will just be the video
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Baby Hook game called by Chick

non-player zealot wrote:

This is a remaster a recap I made of this gm about 10 yrs ago and I accidentally uploaded on the 32nd anniv of the game (32 for Earv). I didn't make the original recording, there was a guy who went by kjbleu who did that, iirc. However, I put some of the editing skills I added over the years onto this one, very problematic master. I fixed the coloring and denoised the audio and video and sync'd the audio because of the inherent time delay on the radio broadcasts.

As for the broadcast, this one is a gem. Chick was on that night, you can tell he was pumped. As for the game, it lived up to the immense hype. The whole game, not just the comeback. There were actually 2 comebacks, a 17 point one followed by an 8 point one. Note: McHale was like trying to stop Pippen in 91. He was almost always as bad as Bird. He beat the Lakers at the buzzer on a tip-in in the 85 RS game. That length wasn't matched until we got Mychal T, his college teammate at Minnesota. If you think that outsiders don't want us to succeed only now, note that Bird griped about us getting Mychal for nothing from SA. If Pop knows about this, he's probably pissed about it after the fact.

Now that you got a long time til Oct, you gotta get your hoops where you can find it.

This is beautiful. I've watched the original cut DVD you gave me at least 50x. This needs a sticky and should be required viewing for any sports fan.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Knowing what a competitor Bird was, missing that last shot had to be gut wrenching for him.

I so prefer the way the game was officiated and played back then.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

On Friday afternoon when I've quit on work for the week, that was a great watch. Worthy was incredible. He was always my favorite showtime player, and that video reminded me how electric he was. McHale was a beast, but Worthy made him look silly time after time.

Bird was something else, too.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Knowing what a competitor Bird was, missing that last shot had to be gut wrenching for him.

100%. Those scuffles would have resulted in immediate ejections in this era. I guess you have the BadBoy Pistons and Ewing Knicks to thank for that.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

100%. Those scuffles would have resulted in immediate ejections in this era. I guess you have the BadBoy Pistons and Ewing Knicks to thank for that.

If they officiated the game the same way today, you'd rarely see both teams score over 100 in a game.
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the reload, NPZ!

Still mad they missed the OBVIOUS traveling call on Ainge with 4:30 left but I guess the ending made up for it.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Baby Hook game called by Chick

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

This is beautiful. I've watched the original cut DVD you gave me at least 50x. This needs a sticky and should be required viewing for any sports fan.

Seriously man, one of the reasons I love you two so much is because of (bleep) like this. Not including the ancient L.A.iens jodekes of this forum and old school NBA/Lakers fans, most of the time I feel like I'm amongst strangers on this board and don't fit in. I sign on hearing people talk (bleep) on Lawrence Tanter, Stu, Magic and half this board has ZERO clue about the greatest gift to humanity, the Christ himself: Francis Dayle Hearn. Jabroni asses. Big ups to the rest.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Mother(bleepaz), I can't even bring myself to say the names: Jere*y L**, *amal *urray, Gerald or something Dud*ly.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject:

Send this to the Lakers Lounge.

This is a gem
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

Thanks for posting this; awesome to watch and hear.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Epitome of Words Eye View. Chick was the fastest talking announcer EVER. His game description will never be equaled. Some of his Chickisms have been adopted by announcers and are are part of the game.

Picked His Pocket; A defender stealing the ball from his opponent;

Didn't Draw Iron; A shot that failed to hit any part of the rim;

Ticky-tack foul; If He Hit His Wife That Hard, She Wouldn’t Even Call the Police

King Kong on a Ladder; Describes what a player would need in order to retrieve an overthrown pass.

Chickisms

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Send this to the Lakers Lounge.

This is a gem

I think I accidentally posted it here. If anyone wants to bother transferring it there, I don't mind.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Baby Hook game called by Chick

Dladi Vidac wrote:
Jabroni asses. Big ups to the rest.

haha. I like how you're still on a Boardwalk Empire timeline re: casual "jaboney" references.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: