Thankyou to Jeanie Buss for landing Anthony Davis and Lebron!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Well needed Win for Jeanie and the Lakers!!!! Can you imagine her holding up a championship Trophy within the next couple years!!! A lot of crickets at the major network agencies!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
Well needed Win for Jeanie and the Lakers!!!! Can you imagine her holding up a championship Trophy within the next couple years!!! A lot of crickets at the major network agencies!

Love live the Queen!
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Im glad we got AD but I see absolutely nothing extraordinary the Lakers did to get him. Any person could have offered that godfather package which was well above what most people gauged would be the necessary value after it became clear the Celtics would not put in a strong offer.
If we sign Kawhi or do an amazing job with our cap space left I will be the first to give Pelinka and Jeanie their props. But I still would not think that it in no way validates the Rambii shadow executives.
magicdays
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Wow, tough crowd. To think all of the other teams who would love to have Bron and AD but Jeannie and Rob pulled it off.

The Lakers are an instant contender and every other team is scared of our team now. Remember, how difficult it has been to attract big name talent to our team in the past decade and all the disasters (getting deals vetoed, other teams signing our top targets) we have had?

Jeannie has made the Lakers relevant again with making bold moves and we just need to fill out the remaining roster. The huge catch was AD because he can now become the cornerstone of our team for many years.

This is exciting!
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject:

What did Jeanie do exactly?
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:

Under he leadership she obtained Lebron and AD
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject:

magicdays wrote:
Wow, tough crowd. To think all of the other teams who would love to have Bron and AD but Jeannie and Rob pulled it off.

The Lakers are an instant contender and every other team is scared of our team now. Remember, how difficult it has been to attract big name talent to our team in the past decade and all the disasters (getting deals vetoed, other teams signing our top targets) we have had?

Jeannie has made the Lakers relevant again with making bold moves and we just need to fill out the remaining roster. The huge catch was AD because he can now become the cornerstone of our team for many years.

This is exciting!

Just like how magic made the lakers relevant last summer after signing lebron?

A year later, the lakers are seen as dysfunctional while magic goes down a quitter, horrible person and one of the worst FO executives of all time.

Fans have a right to be tough. The lakers brass have shown enough incompetency where they could screw up a good thing to disastrous proportions. Magic being gone only means there's one less stooge in a room likely full of them.

The point is not to crown them just yet. There's still a ton of work to be done and many things could still go wrong, especially with the price paid for AD.

If the lakers are in the finals next year, I could understand the thanks and praises but until then skepticism is warranted given history.
nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

We really should be thanking Magic. He's the one who actually put himself out there and on the line to bring back the lore to Lakerdom!
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

nshid wrote:
We really should be thanking Magic. He's the one who actually put himself out there and on the line to bring back the lore to Lakerdom!

And then walked out without telling his boss, created a public soap and then said he's
a Laker for life; LOL...

Again, loved the player and that's it.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Still not a win until roster filled out.
nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
nshid wrote:

And then walked out without telling his boss, created a public soap and then said he's
a Laker for life; LOL...

Again, loved the player and that's it.

Magic doesn't owe the Lakers anything. He did right by calling them out because I'm sure there was backbiting and scapegoating considering the reports. We all know Jeannie got bailed out by Magic, not the other way around. Magic had clear direction for last year's roster (IMHO genius out-of-the-box thinking) and clearly emphasized his plan for FA pursuits. Before then, what was the direction??

Don't blame the guy with a plan who brought championships and team support with his charisma. This is called real leadership. Both the player and exec have been successful getting his hands dirty. I salute him.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject:

I'm not quite ready to have full confidence in Jeanie just yet, but if you're gonna criticize you also gotta give credit where its due. We'll see how things shape up in these next few seasons.
larry_obryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
It's looking like the lakers future is gone. I have to see the other acquisitions, but if Lakers don't land Kawhi, we are not in a good place for the future. They built a team around a 34 year old superstar and that isn't smart.

Totally agree.
Lakers gave up
- every draft pick until the second coming of Jesus
- the "transcendent talent" level guy Lonzo Ball
- Brandon Ingram
- All the 36 NBA championship banners (i.e., Lakers have 16, the next 20 are already owed to the Pelicans)
- The domain lakers.com
- etc

In exchange, Lakers got AD with one year left in his contract.

Really wish we can land Kawhi...

If not, I just wish I can deal my 2012 motorola cell phone and i7 2nd gen desktop with the Lakers . Let's see what I can get haha
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for keeping an incompetent GM Jeanie. You're an idiot.
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

What exactly did Pelinka do that was so brilliant???

Last year, the Lakers offered everyone but LeBron to NO for AD. NO said no. Everyone said the Lakers offered too much and NO should have buyer's remorse for being greedy.

Now, everyone says NO is in a worse negotiating position. Boston won't offer Tatum or Jayson now that Kyrie is leaving. NYK will get a damaged KD. They have less incentive to trade. AD has less incentive to stay there. So the NO only had the Lakers left as a trade partner.

Even then, the Lakers offered everyone but LeBron and Kuzma plus 3 1st draft picks and 2 draft swaps to NO for AD. Which was worse than last year's offer which was too much.

So, what did Pelinka do that was so great?
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject:

In 12 months we have gotten LBJ and AD, we're the favorites to win #17, and some folks are still complaining? You guys miss the days where we couldn't even get meetings with FAs?
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Griffin knew pelinka was under the gun to get AD or get fired by end of summer. Griffin knew he could still wait until midseason to trade AD if he had to. Pelinka was always negotiating from a weaker position. He should’ve been fired at the end of the season.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject:

you guys are still blasting pelinka??!
lol

i think guys being super critical including you and media, dont know what they are talking about. bottom line is we got ad and lebron (wow!). and i think instead of just admitting they were wrong abotu how bad pelinka is or how much our FO sucks and the team is in turmoil...instead of just admitting maybe they were a little wrong, they are acting like pelinka still sucks etc.

we don't know much about pelinka. nobody does. look at all the news, ask all your insiders. they dont know anything. we definitely dont know enough to judge what his performance in his job is like.

and we have AD and LBJ. THis AD acquisition in particular is an ORGANIZATION SAVING acquisition. make no mistake about that. it unfolded the way it did, seemingly a trainwreck and just chaos. but again, the organization is now saved. we were not in a good place. you guys were going really crazy delusional about Lonzo BI etc. even Kuzma lol. i kept saying NONE of them will be an all star ONCE. i might have been wrong a little now that Dlo is an all star. But getting Anthony DAvis is just spectacular.

the criticism is just nuts lol. man.
there's more stars coming too.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Thanks JB! Long live the queen!
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Smel Counts wrote:
Don’t get it twisted. We got Davis DESPITE Jeanie and her Clown Car.
The Kuzma crush scenario is not only plausible, but very likely. She has such a ridiculous pattern of this crap going back decades.

Same could be said about LeBron as well.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject:

composite wrote:
What exactly did Pelinka do that was so brilliant???

Last year, the Lakers offered everyone but LeBron to NO for AD. NO said no. Everyone said the Lakers offered too much and NO should have buyer's remorse for being greedy.

Now, everyone says NO is in a worse negotiating position. Boston won't offer Tatum or Jayson now that Kyrie is leaving. NYK will get a damaged KD. They have less incentive to trade. AD has less incentive to stay there. So the NO only had the Lakers left as a trade partner.

Even then, the Lakers offered everyone but LeBron and Kuzma plus 3 1st draft picks and 2 draft swaps to NO for AD. Which was worse than last year's offer which was too much.

So, what did Pelinka do that was so great?

We needed to get AD quickly to help the team attract free agents. We’ll see pretty soon how well that goes.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

and we have AD and LBJ. THis AD acquisition in particular is an ORGANIZATION SAVING acquisition. make no mistake about that. it unfolded the way it did, seemingly a trainwreck and just chaos. but again, the organization is now saved. we were not in a good place. you guys were going really crazy delusional about Lonzo BI etc. even Kuzma lol. i kept saying NONE of them will be an all star ONCE. i might have been wrong a little now that Dlo is an all star. But getting Anthony DAvis is just spectacular.

None of them will be anywhere near the player Anthony Davis is. We got the best player in the deal BY FAR.

And yes, they were really high draft picks. But so was Jahlil Okafor who a lot of people wanted to be a Laker. And so was Kwame Brown.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Under he leadership she obtained Lebron and AD

And was the worst team in the NBA.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
In 12 months we have gotten LBJ and AD, we're the favorites to win #17, and some folks are still complaining? You guys miss the days where we couldn't even get meetings with FAs?

Those days were with Jeanie in charge.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
you guys are still blasting pelinka??!
lol

i think guys being super critical including you and media, dont know what they are talking about. bottom line is we got ad and lebron (wow!). and i think instead of just admitting they were wrong abotu how bad pelinka is or how much our FO sucks and the team is in turmoil...instead of just admitting maybe they were a little wrong, they are acting like pelinka still sucks etc.

we don't know much about pelinka. nobody does. look at all the news, ask all your insiders. they dont know anything. we definitely dont know enough to judge what his performance in his job is like.

It's way to early to judge him.

First, we have to actually see the AD deal go through, and see the details of the deal.

Then we have to see what he does with the remainder of the cap space.

No point in getting worked up about reports and rumors.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: