LeBron James to star in "Space Jam 2" directed by Fast&Furious director
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Haters gonna hate link Go git dem Benjamin's Bron link

^

First to be suckered into giving money to LeBron.

You mean I beat Coca-Cola, Nike, Upper Deck, Samsung, Audemars Piguet and Dunkin Donuts, to name a few?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

It's not "hating" when it's deserved.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
So the guy who said it was inappropriate to wear Jordan's number is now going to reprise Jordan's role on the big screen?

He's also wearing his number. Everybody wants to be like Mike.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

To each his own. I don't hate a man who's using what he's been given to make money.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

To each his own. I don't hate a man who's using what he's been given to make money.

It's not him making money that's the issue.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It is between rwongega and me. That's who the post was directed to.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed May 11, 2016 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Definitely not about him making money.
I applaud him for that part, actually.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Free_Kobe wrote:
granny shooting, not double clutching like you should?!

its granny shifting
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'm not one who hates LeBron. I didn't like the way he moved from Cleveland to Miami, crowned himself king. The league crowned him, made him their face. A lot was thrust on a 19 year old. I think he's matured over his 13 year career. He's been to 6 straight finals. That's quite a feat.

rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Speak for yourself. You're the only one inserting the making money angle as if it means anything (Hitler used what he was given to make money for example...).

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Speak for yourself. You're the only one inserting the making money angle as if it means anything (Hitler used what he was given to make money for example...).

OK..... Go git dem Benjamin's was an afterthought.

I don't remember Hitler being given anything. I also don't remember him making money. When I think of Hitler I think genocide. Hitler was not a good comparison.

rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I don't remember Hitler being given anything. I also don't remember him making money. When I think of Hitler I think genocide. Hitler was not a good comparison.

Because Hitler was dirt poor as the Fuhrer.....

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:
rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Because Hitler was dirt poor as the Fuhrer.....

I misspoke.

Hitler wrote Mein Kampf before he became Chancellor of Germany. He was probably a millionaire maybe multi. He wasn't dirt poor as Fuhrer.

Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject:

Very appropriate, both will flop.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2475342/space-jam-2-has-reportedly-assembled-its-basketball-player-lineup

Quote:
Space Jam 2 Has Reportedly Assembled Its Basketball Player Lineup

Months after the long-awaited Space Jam 2 finally dropped a release date, the movie has reportedly assembled the lineup for which basketball stars will appear in the follow up to the Michael Jordan classic. That's right, we said "basketball stars," because it appears this sequel will be reaching for talent outside the confines of the NBA.

So, who's on the roster? According to notable NBA reporter Shams Charania, the movie will have a lot of stars from the NBA and WNBA featured in the film. With that said, there were a couple specific name drops of notable superstars from each brand who are said to have key roles. Those names include Anthony Davis, Damian Lillard, Klay Thompson,Diana Taurasi, and Chiney And Nneka Ogwumike.

Of those NBA stars rumored to have key roles, the most buzzworthy is Lebron James' newest teammate on the Los Angeles Lakers, Anthony Davis. His inclusion alongside Damian Lillard and Klay Thompson has some NBA fans up in arms, especially given all the drama caused in the most recent NBA season with rumors that James was pushing to trade the Lakers' younger stars for Davis.

That trade happened, and now some fans are jokingly, but also kind of seriously, wondering if the check Anthony Davis got for Space Jam 2 was some incentive to help ink the deal. Beyond that, there's drama in that Klay Thompson is a member of the Golden State Warriors, a team that has played a major part against Lebron James in his career. Just to stoke speculative fires, Thompson could potentially be traded in free agency this offseason.

Damian Lillard and Lebron James don't have a huge competitive history, although it is worth mentioning Lebron picked Lillard for his all-star team this latest season. Both players have had mutual praise for each other, and all of a sudden these rumored key roles for these players in Space Jam 2 feels like James laying the groundwork for a future Lakers super team. I jest, of course, especially since the other stars he's got involved can't crossover into the NBA.

As previously mentioned, Space Jam 2 allegedly has WNBA stars appearing such as the Phoenix Mercury's Diana Taurasi, and Los Angeles Sparks sisters Chiney and Nneka Ogwumike. Taurasi is one of the biggest stars in WNBA history, with some equating her phenomenal success to legend Michael Jordan. Nneka and Chiney Ogwumike are two other all-stars of the WNBA and among their accomplishments, are the first pair of sisters to be selected into a WNBA all-star game.

Space Jam 2's alleged inclusion pf these players is pretty exciting, especially considering the original movie excluded the lesser celebrated women's professional sports organization. So three cheers for Space Jam 2 if this is true! WNBA stars don't get the type of fanfare or level of acclaim as NBA stars, but perhaps that will change as the exposure of these stars may draw a younger and possibly adult audience to check out what's going on in women's professional basketball.

And just to bring it up again, these are just the rumored players that will be playing key roles. There's a chance even more NBA and WNBA stars will be involved (provided they don't mind working with Lebron James) in Space Jam 2, but we don't even have official confirmation this list is legitimate. Really the only person known to star for sure is James, and of course a number of the Looney Tunes characters we know and love.

We really don't even know what Space Jam 2 will be about, although the title suggests that alien creatures could play a role once again. Will these rumored players with key roles have their abilities stripped of them like in the first movie, or will the plot be something entirely different? We can only wait and see, and we may be waiting a while considering this one isn't coming out until 2021 at the earliest.

Right now, Space Jam 2 has a release date of July 16, 2021, and CinemaBlend will be the place to be for updates and perhaps an official casting list when some more official details come out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: