Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject:

I've always operated under the assumption that he's going to be a SF/PF. that stocky of a body never plays SG, let alone with non SG foot speed.. At least that's who he'll defend, SFs, he has SF length. Who will defend him in his prime will be tough. SGs def won't be strong enough, and SFs will allow more of his dribble game.
GODBE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

btw, some of the players who went far ahead of him - like Cam Reddish, were just as inconsistent and invisible. And THT has just as many if not more physical tools. Similar seasons & tools for THT/Reddish. We just got this value at #46 instead of 10th.

Interesting observation. Nate Silver's CARMELO projections actually have THT as No. 8 in the draft (No. 3! if scouting bias is not included) as compared to Reddish who was ranked No. 12.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-top-50-nba-draft-prospects-according-to-our-carmelo-projections/

Feels like we got great value fam

Anyone know what factors led to him being ranked so high?
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I've always operated under the assumption that he's going to be a SF/PF. that stocky of a body never plays SG, let alone with non SG foot speed.. At least that's who he'll defend, SFs, he has SF length. Who will defend him in his prime will be tough. SGs def won't be strong enough, and SFs will allow more of his dribble game.

He looks like Eric Gordon. He plays SG. Eric Gordon is listed at 215 lbs but Eric hasn't been 215 since High School.

What 6' 2.5" player plays PF?
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:19 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

My hope is that he positions and develops himself as a SG because his wingspan and defense at the position will be a serious advantage. At SF, those advantages will be less obvious. So I'm also hoping that if he drops from 235lbs to 205-210lbs or so, then his quickness/mobility and even vertical will improve enough to play SG. He definitely needs to work on his shooting and consistency though. He'll probably need a year (or more) for this?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:44 am    Post subject:

DeeAgeaux wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

He looks like Eric Gordon. He plays SG. Eric Gordon is listed at 215 lbs but Eric hasn't been 215 since High School.

He’s 6’4 players play and are listed con shoes
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:46 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

My hope is that he positions and develops himself as a SG because his wingspan and defense at the position will be a serious advantage. At SF, those advantages will be less obvious. So I'm also hoping that if he drops from 235lbs to 205-210lbs or so, then his quickness/mobility and even vertical will improve enough to play SG. He definitely needs to work on his shooting and consistency though. He'll probably need a year (or more) for this?

His body fat was 2.5-3% higher than the most in shape guys at the combine, he doesn’t have 25lbs to lose. Low 220s before adding muscle sounds right
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:12 am    Post subject:

DeeAgeaux wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

He is 6’4 but I agree with Eric Gordon comp .. that’s who I see as well watching him play .. not as athletic but definitely a similar style of game ..
Lakerchaq
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:03 am    Post subject:

eric gordon? hell no!

Eric Gordon is super athletic and fast. He had a knee injury that meased him up but his athleticism was almost elite. Don't let his old man's face fool you. His shot has also always been pure.

I see more of a tucker with more dribbling ability.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

body type reminds me of Shawn Marion
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

im really intrigured with this guy. A 6'4 with 7'2 WS. Dude is built like a tank. COuld maybe be a CHuck Hayes type of guy and play small ball forward. Idk
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yep, he's 6'4" with his kicks on. No matter the reach he's no PF.

Hopefully he can body up SG's where he could have a weight and
reach advantage .
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-BmOMVUEAAB-1O.jpg:large
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yep, he's 6'4" with his kicks on. No matter the reach he's no PF.

Hopefully he can body up SG's where he could have a weight and
reach advantage .

Josh Hart played PF at 205lbs, 1" more in height and way less length
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Here's an interesting tidbit I found about Brogdon's contract on Spotrac. Apparently, his salary includes a "body fat/weigh-in bonus". We should probably look at including a body fat lost bonus for THT too... and the Pels probably need to include a reverse such clause in BI's contract.
xэloЯRolex
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject:

he has cool name, but i'm not really impressed with his game...
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Watching THIS video made me think about THIS player.

You've become a pro click-baiter! Nice comp though.

I compared him to Andre Miller on page 9 and some Lonzo hater said I was way off.

I see D Wade...

I see Shannon Brown...
Lets meet in the middle.

D Brown 😂
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:21 am    Post subject:

lakeshowtacular wrote:
epak wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Watching THIS video made me think about THIS player.

You've become a pro click-baiter! Nice comp though.

I compared him to Andre Miller on page 9 and some Lonzo hater said I was way off.

I see D Wade...

I see Shannon Brown...
Lets meet in the middle.

D Brown 😂

Deelo Brown
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:45 am    Post subject:

I still don't understand the fascination with this guy. If he's still in the NBA in 5 years, I will be pleasantly surprised.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:40 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
I still don't understand the fascination with this guy. If he's still in the NBA in 5 years, I will be pleasantly surprised.

someone says this about all of our late round picks, every year.
he's got a great body, crap load of positional versatility, he's got so much skill for the body type/length, he shot a solid % on spot-ups, he's shown really nice passing instincts/flashes, and shown defensive flashes, finishes well around the rim.. and he's a young 18
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:31 am    Post subject:

So he's at 8.4% body fat according to how the NBA measures it (I think they do it with clips..) The lowest % a player measured at the combine was 3.9%, most super in-shape looking players measured somewhere between 4.7-6.0%. So lets say that allows THT 2.5%bf to lose. He weighed 235lbs, 8.4% bf means 19.74lbs of fat account for that 235lbs.
Ok so 6% bf of 235lbs = 14lbs of fat. He loses 5.6lbs if he gets down to the average bf% of guys I consider in great shape at the combine.
So in great shape for THT = 229lbs. I'll give you an extra lb or 2, but he aint getting below the high 220s,evaaa.
And he's going to put on muscle. Kid is going to be an in shape 240 in a couple years. Zion will be an in shape 275. No need to freak out about THT, our future combo forward.

He had almost 2 months to get in shape for the combine, got down to 8.4% which is solid.. he wasn't as chubby as he was in season, and he says his body is legit changing.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject:

2019 NBA Advanced Stats / Draft Profile: Talen Horton-Tucker

https://stats.nba.com/articles/2019-nba-draft-profile-talen-horton-tucker/
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
So he's at 8.4% body fat according to how the NBA measures it (I think they do it with clips..) The lowest % a player measured at the combine was 3.9%, most super in-shape looking players measured somewhere between 4.7-6.0%. So lets say that allows THT 2.5%bf to lose. He weighed 235lbs, 8.4% bf means 19.74lbs of fat account for that 235lbs.
Ok so 6% bf of 235lbs = 14lbs of fat. He loses 5.6lbs if he gets down to the average bf% of guys I consider in great shape at the combine.
So in great shape for THT = 229lbs. I'll give you an extra lb or 2, but he aint getting below the high 220s,evaaa.
And he's going to put on muscle. Kid is going to be an in shape 240 in a couple years. Zion will be an in shape 275. No need to freak out about THT, our future combo forward.

He had almost 2 months to get in shape for the combine, got down to 8.4% which is solid.. he wasn't as chubby as he was in season, and he says his body is legit changing.

They must have some real funky way of measuring BF. The most ripped and shredded dude's I've seen aren't below 6-8% BF. Talen looks to be around 14 if I had to guess.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

They must have some real funky way of measuring BF. The most ripped and shredded dude's I've seen aren't below 6-8% BF. Talen looks to be around 14 if I had to guess.

they do it with these clips, not the underwater way which is more accurate I guess
Same way that had Draymond at 9% in this vid
.. Same way that had DK Metcalf at like 2% preparing for the NFL

Not accurate in terms of range I guess - but player to player comparatively it has value
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

8.40% body fat at the NBA combine.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Because I'm on a high at the moment, I'm going to give him the best and most likely unrealistic case scenario for him in the next month.

He completely balls out, surprises the crap out of everybody and dominates SL to win SLMVP.

Lakers fans hype him up to incredible heights as part of the big 5 of Talen, Kawhi, Lebron, Kuzma and AD.

I have spoken, and so it shall be.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 14 of 202
Jump to: