NY Daily News obsessing over Garnett to Lakers (not a rumor, just a mention)

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: NY Daily News obsessing over Garnett to Lakers (not a rumor, just a mention)

Quote:
Of course, the Knicks may also re-vist Kevin Garnett this summer. I know there is an Internet report about a trade involving the Knicks and Garnett. With the way Minnesota is playing, I’m not so sure the Timberwolves would want to get rid of KG today. And I don’t believe that Garnett has told Wolves management that he wants out.

If Garnett is traded, the Lakers are still the favorite. Chicago cannot be ruled out as well. If that happens, Isiah will be the first to tell you that he’s not happy.

Just a little blurb from the NY Daily News

So it isn't just LGers who are obsessed with getting Garnett in the P&G.

Which leads to a question I had but wasn't going to bring up. The Lakers have been playing very well through injuries. We have had a good record over the last month without Odom or Brown. If it took those two pieces (plus some draft picks), would you trade for KG now? Or would you stay the course and bet the ranch on Odom and Brown helping the Lakers win the championship (this year, next year, whenever)? Or do you move these two while we still can?

This is not based on any rumors, I am just curious since we have been doing well without Odom for a while now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject:

KG is not coming to L.A. unless he opts out and signs for the MLE. The Lakers have a promising core of young players and they're not going to break it up now. Despite that writer's opinion, it is still MY opinion that Chicago would be the best place for Minny to send him. They'll get some great building blocks, high draft pick(s) and most importantly, he'll get sent to the Eastern Conference. The best shot the Lakers have of getting KG is to just hope he opts out, and throw whatever money we have available at him. I don't see any other way.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject:

I would still trade Odom and Brown for KG in a heartbeat. During the trade thread earlier this year, I had hoped we could get Blount as well. The guy is playing like a top 10 center the last month.
Sonicc64
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject:

I hope everybody sees now that we can survive without Odom, so a Odom/Kwame trade for KG would be great and we would still be deep, all we would need to do is draft a big and resign Mihm

If we make the trade over the summer:

its -

Kobe
Sasha
Farmar
Cook
Radman
Bynum
KG
Evans
Ronny
Mihm
Walton
Smush
Draft pick

I'll take that to the finals in '08
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I would still trade Odom and Brown for KG in a heartbeat. During the trade thread earlier this year, I had hoped we could get Blount as well. The guy is playing like a top 10 center the last month.

Blount is a jump shooting C with no boards , no D and no brains. We don't need a player with that contract with Vlad and Cook who can do the same things (also with more range, Blount can't hit the 3)...
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject:

kid and kirilenko for kg.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

i agree. AGAIN, THIS IS NOTHING AGAINST LO.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

i agree. AGAIN, THIS IS NOTHING AGAINST LO.

Ditto.
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
KG is not coming to L.A. unless he opts out and signs for the MLE. The Lakers have a promising core of young players and they're not going to break it up now. Despite that writer's opinion, it is still MY opinion that Chicago would be the best place for Minny to send him. They'll get some great building blocks, high draft pick(s) and most importantly, he'll get sent to the Eastern Conference. The best shot the Lakers have of getting KG is to just hope he opts out, and throw whatever money we have available at him. I don't see any other way.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: