If Magic was never hired as PoBO...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
What if we make-believe even more and go back to keeping our picks. Though circumstances would have changed that would make it less likely that the team got Ingram and most certainly, Ball, still, what if the team had DLo, Randle, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Lopez, McGee, Zubac, Nance, a mid first pick this year, and two max slots? Yeah, better. Maybe they have Prince instead of Ingram or maybe they have anyone from Mitchell to a bust instead of Ball or maybe they have two busts. Assuming the worst, with two busts and that the team avoided crappy signings, would DLo, Randle, Kuzma, McGee, Lopez, Nance, a mid first pick this year, and Zubac (thus a more stable front office) entice, say, Butler and/or Leonard, and/or another of the first tier free agents? (Maybe I have included someone that resulted in a trade for another but the point remains.)

Of course, this is silly, but since this incredibly thin team just doesn't feel right, with only Kuzma to show for all the many drafts, and with hiring mercenaries instead of showing patience and discipline, I get to vent too.

Agreed. It feels we should have a little more to show for how much rebuilding we were in the last 6 years. Especially the Jordan Clarkson days!! That was painful to watch
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: If Magic was never hired as PoBO...

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
What would our team look like after draft night 2019 😈 ?

Go to bed!

We dont get Lebron? We dont get AD?

But we keep Luke.

Lonzo
Culver
BI
Kuzma
Zubac

Man, that's depressing.

Lebron got us Magic. Let that marinate for awhile when you see us doing Klutch’s bidding.

Is it because you're upset that AD wanted to leave your team?

No, the Pelicans will improve.

Ventura are you going to change your name to the old dirty south 😈
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Would be still saying things like “the process takes time” and “our youngin’s will get there”. There’s a learning process for everyone but when you still suck and continue to not be ready it’s time to move on.
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
My whole problem with the Maginka era is that they did not read the free agency market well at all before signing Lebron. Kawhi should have been the #1 target from the beginning NOT an aging Lebron! They should have done their homework and confirmed whether Lebron's presence will be a deterrent for Kawhi or even KD. If so, you prioritize a bit better.

From there, you can make Paul George a priority, while keeping Julius Randle. You keep Luol Deng for an extra year (play him in spurts.. he wasn't too bad) and then trade him along with the 2019 pick to clear the way for KD/Kawhi.

It may sound like revisionist history but myself and many others were very skeptical about adding an aging drama queen like Lebron to a young developing team.

How are they getting Kawhi if the Spurs didn't want to trade him to the Lakers? KD also just injuried his achilles...

We would have never been in Kawhi’s radar If Lebron went here. He made us a destination. Plus Lebron wanted to come here. Nobody else except PG13. But remember all the previous years we struck out on big free agents. We owe Lebron a lot of gratitude. Let’s see what’s in store next!
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject:

Lebron
DLO
Lou Williams
Randle
Anthony Davis
Thomas Bryant
Ivica Zubac
Brooke Lopez
Reggie Bullock
Lance Stephenson
Rondo
Macgee

(because we're making trades and dont need cap room we are resigning everybody and 100m over the cap)
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

from there invent your own trades

last season we stayed in jim / mitch rebuild mode

resigned Randle along with Lebron + stephenson macgee Randle

we made the more or less the same exact AD trade, however we were under a bit less pressure and also had Tatum instead of Lonzo to deal, so we kept a few of those 1sts
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

KOBE WAN wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
My whole problem with the Maginka era is that they did not read the free agency market well at all before signing Lebron. Kawhi should have been the #1 target from the beginning NOT an aging Lebron! They should have done their homework and confirmed whether Lebron's presence will be a deterrent for Kawhi or even KD. If so, you prioritize a bit better.

From there, you can make Paul George a priority, while keeping Julius Randle. You keep Luol Deng for an extra year (play him in spurts.. he wasn't too bad) and then trade him along with the 2019 pick to clear the way for KD/Kawhi.

It may sound like revisionist history but myself and many others were very skeptical about adding an aging drama queen like Lebron to a young developing team.

How are they getting Kawhi if the Spurs didn't want to trade him to the Lakers? KD also just injuried his achilles...

We would have never been in Kawhi’s radar If Lebron went here. He made us a destination. Plus Lebron wanted to come here. Nobody else except PG13. But remember all the previous years we struck out on big free agents. We owe Lebron a lot of gratitude. Let’s see what’s in store next!

The AD trade would have still made us an attractive destination going forward.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject:

Speaking of crappy trades . . . in thinking about the horrible Ivika Zubac trade, correct me if I am wrong, but had the Laks kept him, they could resign him last and barely use any of their cap space. He could easily be a rotation guy, something the team will almost certainly lack, sufficiently.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Speaking of crappy trades . . . in thinking about the horrible Ivika Zubac trade, correct me if I am wrong, but had the Laks kept him, they could resign him last and barely use any of their cap space. He could easily be a rotation guy, something the team will almost certainly lack, sufficiently.

Would Griffin have insisted on Zubac being included in the AD trade?
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Would Griffin have insisted on Zubac being included in the AD trade?

Good question. To answer, not only Zubac likely, but his children and grandchildren -- and the team would have bent-over even further.

A question I have asked before and have not heard considered much, just what was the next highest offer, or, just how much less was the next highest offer?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

Lebron was coming here regardless..Magic didn't do jack (bleep) in getting Lebron.....

Magic Johnson is the biggest moron in executive basketball decisions. Nevermind the tampering, the hostile work environment, throwing luke under a buss, throwing pelinka under the buss and not hiring Jerry West when he asked to come back. This was all Magic fat ego who thinks he knows executive basketball and doesn't need help from no one.

Lets look at the additions and attempts he did for the lakers in his time with us.

1. Lebron James. you really think Magic was the sole reason Lebron wanted to be a laker. NO Lebron came here because he wanted to. He had an agenda in his mind and when Lebron is focused on something he is driven. Magic was given credit for getting him but in reality I don't think he did (bleep) to get Lebron

2. Depth for the 2019 season. Magic mistake was not getting shooters to surround Lebron. Magic went after the names and because honestly i think this is all he knows. I don't think Magic knows players outside of has been all stars and former top picks.

3. Kyle Kuzma. Yeah magic got credit for that but behind the scenes that was all Pelinka.

4. Trading for Anthony Davis at the deadline. not only he got played by demps be he killed the lakers time by going after the one player whose GM that strung him along the entire trade period. He also killed the other players confidence involved with that trade.

5. Trading Zubac in a last ditch effort. Zubac is a decent back up center and he traded for Muscala an expiring contract who is complete ass. Zubac had a team option and can be retained for less than 2 million. THIS WAS THE BIGGEST IDIOTIC MOVE I THINK ANY TEAM HAS DONE IN A LONG TIME. now we are in a pickle finding depth at center among other positions.

6. Quitting the Lakers front office. Personally I think this is the best move he made
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:47 am    Post subject:

as a side note, it would've been interesting if instead of how it worked out -- with Lonzo being rolled into a huge trade including Ingram, Hart, three 1sts and two pick swaps and then the trade being labeled "Lonzo Ball traded to New Orleans" on nba.com -- if instead we had just shopped Lonzo on the open market. I mean I guess he's a media commodity now to be protected, but I'm really interested if he would've been worth a first round pick to anybody. Certainly not a top 5 pick... would anybody have sent a 5 thru 10 pick? A top 20 pick? Two 2nd rounders? I'm just really interested what the actual value there is because the smokescreen of hype is almost impenetrable
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:32 am    Post subject:

Ok, I'll play... (just the main rotation players)

DLO
Ingram/KCP/Hart
Tatum
LBJ
Randle/B. Lopez

I think LBJ still comes as a free agent, we keep Lopez and DLO so we don't get Kuzma and we select Tatum as the #2 pick.
LBJ truly runs a Point Forward spot instead of a traditional 4, but guards that position on defense. We start small-ball with power and athleticism with Randle.

2019 NBA draft selection at #4 Lakers trade the pick for another star player to help support LeBron. Probably wouldn't be Davis, but there's a possibility...

There it is...
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:33 am    Post subject:

Magic is very much involved in the talks on Kawhi Leonard . I started to think that the resignation of Magic is just a "drama" so he can talk to any free agents without being accused of tampering. If Magic is successful in bringing Leonard to the Lakers, he will eventually hired back as PoBO.
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:49 am    Post subject:

Magic is still very much part of the front office, just no longer officially.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: If Magic was never hired as PoBO...

epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

Go to bed!

But we keep Luke.

Lonzo
Culver
BI
Kuzma
Zubac

Man, that's depressing.

Lebron got us Magic. Let that marinate for awhile when you see us doing Klutch’s bidding.

He's upset about anything positive that happens to the Lakers. I have no idea why he is on a Lakers website. Pelicans ground is available
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: If Magic was never hired as PoBO...

defense wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

Go to bed!

But we keep Luke.

Lonzo
Culver
BI
Kuzma
Zubac

Man, that's depressing.

He's upset about anything positive that happens to the Lakers. I have no idea why he is on a Lakers website. Pelicans ground is available

LV may be a contrarian and negative at times, which makes for interesting convo, but he's definitely a Laker fan through and through.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Lebron was coming here regardless..Magic didn't do jack (bleep) in getting Lebron.....

Magic Johnson is the biggest moron in executive basketball decisions. Nevermind the tampering, the hostile work environment, throwing luke under a buss, throwing pelinka under the buss and not hiring Jerry West when he asked to come back. This was all Magic fat ego who thinks he knows executive basketball and doesn't need help from no one.

Lets look at the additions and attempts he did for the lakers in his time with us.

1. Lebron James. you really think Magic was the sole reason Lebron wanted to be a laker. NO Lebron came here because he wanted to. He had an agenda in his mind and when Lebron is focused on something he is driven. Magic was given credit for getting him but in reality I don't think he did (bleep) to get Lebron

2. Depth for the 2019 season. Magic mistake was not getting shooters to surround Lebron. Magic went after the names and because honestly i think this is all he knows. I don't think Magic knows players outside of has been all stars and former top picks.

3. Kyle Kuzma. Yeah magic got credit for that but behind the scenes that was all Pelinka.

4. Trading for Anthony Davis at the deadline. not only he got played by demps be he killed the lakers time by going after the one player whose GM that strung him along the entire trade period. He also killed the other players confidence involved with that trade.

5. Trading Zubac in a last ditch effort. Zubac is a decent back up center and he traded for Muscala an expiring contract who is complete ass. Zubac had a team option and can be retained for less than 2 million. THIS WAS THE BIGGEST IDIOTIC MOVE I THINK ANY TEAM HAS DONE IN A LONG TIME. now we are in a pickle finding depth at center among other positions.

6. Quitting the Lakers front office. Personally I think this is the best move he made

Lebron wouldn't have come unless Magic cleared the cap space. Jim/Mitch didn't have the vision as shown by how they used the Lakers cap space as an exercise in futility.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

In the end, we basically end up right here because we did a full reset for the AD + KL attempt. Kuzma may be a different late round draft player but that's about it.

If we timed Deng better, we might have last year's 2nd rounders on the roster still.
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

Young core + PG
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Mgmt wouldn't have been publicly trashed twice, and Kawhi would have had 1 less reason to turn down the Lakers.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Magic screwed us again opening his damn mouth.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: