Official boycott Magic Johnson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:50 am    Post subject:

Why not boycott Jeanie Buss? Her tenure as controlling owner since 2013 has been miserable. Yet the media has been kind and kept her free from accountability.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:00 am    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
Why not boycott Jeanie Buss? Her tenure as controlling owner since 2013 has been miserable. Yet the media has been kind and kept her free from accountability.

She’s free of blame from the Jim Buss era, that wasn’t her call. But she gets full blame for the Magic Johnson disaster, which could end up worse than the Jim Buss debacle when it’s all said and done. Fortunately, we still have time to recover if we are smart and judicious. Unfortunately, that isn’t something this front office has shown an aptitude for as of yet.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:17 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
LaxT wrote:

She’s free of blame from the Jim Buss era, that wasn’t her call. But she gets full blame for the Magic Johnson disaster, which could end up worse than the Jim Buss debacle when it’s all said and done. Fortunately, we still have time to recover if we are smart and judicious. Unfortunately, that isn’t something this front office has shown an aptitude for as of yet.

She’s not free of blame from the Jim Buss era. She definitely made the FO's job tougher by making public her dissonance with Jim. She has tremendous skills for power and with the media. None of those could translate to wins on the court though.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:23 am    Post subject:

Jim really put us in a hole with the MozDeng signings after the Nash trade. Clarkson was an asinine re-up as well.

And also, Jim's hiring MDA instead of Phil, after letting Mike Brown force the Princeton on us before doubling back towards the polar opposite in MDA.

Having said that, I never want to see or hear anything from Earvin again. Go buy a share of the Pistons and leave us alone.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject:

Magic officially the worst FO of all time.

Traded for cap space that ended up being danny green

But most importantly didn't sign jerry west and now he's made the clippers more relevant than the lakers.
indyrckstar
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official boycott Magic Johnson Thread

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Let’s not slander his greatness on the court, just his FO tenure and post FO drama.

He first slanders Rob, Jeanie, and the Lakers organization. He then leaks Kawhi conversations to the media which turns KL off per Chris Carter.

This guy is a disgrace to our modern Lakers. We need Kobe and LeBron to be the face of our great organization and not look to the past heroes who only bring us down.

I agree

Magic off the court has been a mess with the organization. From player tampering to the way he quit the Laker management with spilling his guts out.

When Kawhi wanted to know about all the drama going on, it starts with him..
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:26 am    Post subject:

Magic needs to just keep his mouth shut. Stop being too damn friendly to sports media. Spilling too many damn beans.

I'll admit I was a Big Magic Apoligist on this board but after his departure from the front office in a interview on Live NBATV it became just flat out disgraceful.
At that moment I truly felt he was trying to sabotage Jeanie and Jesse into selling him the team. Which I still somewhat hope happens one day....

Then I had a conspiracy theory that maybe he left the office to be a Ghost President so he can recruit without fear of getting anymore tampering charges.
An fwiw he did land us Lebron. Which doesn't give too much merit due to Lebron's LA love long before he signed as a Laker but I feel Magic still deserves some of that credit.

Outside of that Magic's big mouth probably didn't make us lose Kawhi. There's a strong possibility the Lakers where never truly under Kawhi's radar EVER. Even before his so called phone conversations with Magic.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject:

It was basically a "two-team race." Leonard knew all along what he wanted to do. They used the Lakers for leverage.
There was not much Magic, our FO or anyone else could do to stop that train from leaving the station. I've moved on.
"All is fair in love & war."
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:33 am    Post subject:

The waiting game turned out to be the Clips negotiating for PG. While KL
handcuffed the Raptors and Lakers from consolidating their teams...
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:34 am    Post subject:

I can never say thing bad about Magic in regards to the Lakers or his basketball career/post-career.

I think it was unfortunate whatever took place, but from the standpoint of being a professional, he could have handled it a different way.

Although I get his celebrity and how he felt somewhat disrespected in whatever took place so he felt he could do whatever he wanted...

Rather that had anything to do with Kawhi or not, who knows. I doubt it, Kawhi has followed the same path he's gone down since HS-College-NBA, nothing has changed except his game and he's continued to get better.

I'm not at all MAD about him not being on the Lakers, because at the end of the day he's a competitor and I'm sure wants to compete against the best.

I'm not happy that he went to the Clippers only because the Clippers have been chopping on the Lakers heels for ages and its actually time they get to moving... I hope they move to Seattle closer to Microsoft! That makes sense right???

There's only room enough in LA for one team and you can best believe the Lakers will continue to prove that!!!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:34 am    Post subject:

Another act of entitlement masking as a boycott.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject:

NB4
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject:

Magic should have a new TV show; "Magic Gossip" LOL, he's a
natural.
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
How about we boycott all the entitled, whiny fans who come here to (bleep) and moan every day.

How about focusing on the Lakers and basketball then targeting fellow fans who are venting and discussing what just transpired.

These posters who think there are purity tests to Laker fandome are toxic.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

I bet he will go on ESPN and blame Rob for not getting KL. Magic will probably claim he did his part to convince kL but that Rob couldn’t get it done
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
The waiting game turned out to be the Clips negotiating for PG. While KL
handcuffed the Raptors and Lakers from consolidating their teams...

And we find out today from Chris Haynes that team Kawhi was laughing about it daily. They said It was "comical" that the Lakers kept being mentioned.

I hope LA doesn't welcome this (bleep) one bit. We got played badly.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

Kawhi wasn't coming to the Lakers, Magic or not, we learned that now. We got played hard, simple as that
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

Guys.
Magic is the main reason Lebron signed.
Kawhi wanted to talk to Magic to get feedback. Players all respect Magic. He is an asset especially in the role he is now, where he just tries to sell the Lakers off as a great place to play.

Kawhi never wanted to be a Laker, he always wanted Clippers. It is obvious now with the timeline. He was waiting for that second star to be aquired. Before FA even began, in late June, I was hearing reports that Kawhi was trying to team up with KD. Why do you think that is? What about the Jimmy Butler team up attempt? None of these were as a Laker. All as Clippers. Not as a Raptor either, as Raptors didn't even try to trade for a second star.

Kawhi doesn't want to play second fiddle to Lebron. Which is fine. I could careless about him. I had my reservations to begin with about whether he, Lebron and AD on the same team could be handled by a coach like Vogel (and the staff that Vogel has).

This is setting up be a great battle of LA. Kawhi/George vs Lebron/Davis.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
epak wrote:
The thread title says one thing and your post somewhat says another.

Anyway.
Yes, we won't slander the 2nd greatest Laker of all time.

And yes, I hope he doesn't have to be a part of Front office decisions or pitches.

Is it slander if its true?

Don't think so. So we wont slander the 2nd greatest Laker of all time

No problem. Shouldnt be hard to not slander him since the truth is so bad
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

I've been critical of him since he embarrassed us but I'm not sure how you "boycott" him. He's gonna speak when he feels like it and the media will be more than happy to give him a platform.

Since his favorite topic, other than himself, is the Lakers we're going to talk about it.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
LaxT wrote:

She’s not free of blame from the Jim Buss era. She definitely made the FO's job tougher by making public her dissonance with Jim. She has tremendous skills for power and with the media. None of those could translate to wins on the court though.

100% true that she made the Jim Buss era tough, yet the Jim Buss era ended with the Lakers having young assets and capspace.
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

Woj just said Kawhi would've been a Laker today if the Clippers hadn't been able to land PG. All that was possible thanks to Jerry West trading Griffin and Harris and acquiring all those draft picks. The Logo is a certifiable genius.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: