KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 873, 874, 875, 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject:

Kawhi’s team knew it was clippers and tried to scam us to delay AD and miss free agents. Probably Balmer in on it as well

I hope we crush their souls this yr and the load management fails them
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject:

He is our enemy.

Pg13 is our enemy.

Let’s go.
weedkid
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject:

We got Cook 2yrs 6M

Cousins and Morris next. Let’s go
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject:

richsmith wrote:
X wrote:

-They had been more than a tad flustered the past 2 days, and now the reason has been shown. They were basically being held hostage. Know this, was told that if they had known earlier, they would have went in a different direction instead of basically being used as the fallback option.

This is the problem though, isn't it? It seems like they really didn't have a plan B. I was more than willing to cut Pelinka some slack because if he'd pulled off Kawhi, it would have probably been the greatest off-season in NBA history for one team. But clearly as the days dragged on, something was up. A really smart GM like West sees things a couple of steps ahead of everyone else. Pelinka and co seem always to be reacting. I still think we're in a far more positive place than we have been for the last 6 years. But I don't think we're currently a championship team, so it's going to take some really impressive moves from the front office over the next few years to get us into that position.

What most worries me is that we're going to be in the same position in two years with Giannis, and think we actually have a shot.

Problem with having a plan B in this case, is WE would have had to pivot offf Plan A.

Had we done that, and Kawhi signs with Clippers, we’d never hear the end of it that we would have had Kawhi had we stayed in it.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:12 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Simply another dastardly case of using the Lakers for leverage.

Happens all the time.

We were the back-up plan in the off-chance that the clippers wouldn't be able to secure a 2nd superstar.

Teams were told to avoid leaking details of negotiations specifically to prevent the lakers from figuring out that we're being used to pressure the Clippers into doing everything they can to secure PG13. If word got out from either the Clips or Raptors that Kawhi is asking those 2 teams to tradr for a 2nd superstar, lakers would have withdrawn immediately.

We were played. No way around it. Dunno if we should blame the FO. Nobody saw this coming. They played it perfectly.

It cost us DLO and a truckload of other good players. Lowdown mofos.
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

What happened? I thought our Laker insiders like Ysong, RDA Ambition said it was a done deal that Kawhi will be a Laker?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject:

4stargeneralbulldog wrote:
What happened? I thought our Laker insiders like Ysong, RDA Ambition said it was a done deal that Kawhi will be a Laker?

That was an intentional distraction that they littered just like taking meetings to Canada while waiting for the Clips to get it done. No one saw it coming except the small group of people who are working to get it done.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
He is our enemy.

Pg13 is our enemy.

Let’s go.

This. Show no mercy
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject:

I never believed any of those guys. But damn, I really thought he'd go back to Toronto.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject:

Lock this (bleep).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject:

This thread should be moved to the NBA lounge
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject:

Kawhi had to know all along. He strung the Laks, his soon to be rival, along while free agent after free agent got nabbed.

There are words for him but they would all end up being "bleep."
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject:

Lock this (bleep) up
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject:

I'm about to take a page out of Skip's book when I say #2 screwed the Lakers & Raptors at the same time. Maybe Skip was right about him all this time.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject:

Basically the Kawhi the prick, wanted the Clippers all along, used the Lakers are leverage. Tried first to get any other FA star like Butler, Durant, etc to team up. They all had other plans. So then he was resided to going back to Toronto or signing with the Lakers. He waited, knowing it would give Clippers time. And him to convince someone else.

I dunno about the rest of you. But (bleep) Kawhi. This is worse than what Dwight or anyone. He literally was looking for a reason every single time not to play with Lebron. Dude, we're going to have to FORCE you to be part of one of the greatest trios (talent wise at least, not sure how it would have worked in reality with egos and all that) of all time and you're instead trying to go to the Clippers in any way possible? He would have taken Jimmy with him if Jimmy didn't want to be in Miami. Anyone.

I can't wait to see the looks on people's faces when Lebron and AD actually play some games. Lots of people have this feeling that we're not going to be all that good. No worries. Kawhi had 1 playoffs like Lebron has had for a decade. AD is what every big strives to be coming into the draft. He has still not peaked as a player, and can get a lot smarter (I'd sign Pau Gasol as a mentor FA).

Lets see what happens in April/May/June 2020. Lets see where you're at Kawhi.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

Yup he and his camp had ill intent toward the Lakers the whole time. I hope Bron and AD crush these snakes.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

and Ysong kept telling us to practice "patience". ok, lol

and when I and other said KL was a bleep for dragging this on so long, some posters said KL doesn't owe anyone anything, and he's making a life altering decision, etcetcetc. ok, lol
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Simply another dastardly case of using the Lakers for leverage.

Happens all the time.

We were the back-up plan in the off-chance that the clippers wouldn't be able to secure a 2nd superstar.

Teams were told to avoid leaking details of negotiations specifically to prevent the lakers from figuring out that we're being used to pressure the Clippers into doing everything they can to secure PG13. If word got out from either the Clips or Raptors that Kawhi is asking those 2 teams to tradr for a 2nd superstar, lakers would have withdrawn immediately.

We were played. No way around it. Dunno if we should blame the FO. Nobody saw this coming. They played it perfectly.

exactly snake had a conspiracy setup and we were always choice number 3

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

Seems like Kawhi was telling everybody he was likely to sign with them, but also told them to keep quiet. Lakers insiders and Raptors insiders both thought they were 99%. Never heard anything about the Clippers.
Quad_Corner_Bounce
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject:

This is all Jerry West right? Kawhi and his uncle Dennis are not pulling this off by themselves.

Hindsight: 50K tampering charge is pennies now by the Clippers on Kawhi.

1 - Clippers target Kawhi from last year (clear cap / hoard draft picks)

2- Give Kawhi time to recruit 2nd star when FA opens

3- Fails and both agree to target PG (says Kawhi met w/ PG early in week)

4- Jerry advising how PG can force his way out of OKC

5- Jerry tells Kawhi to string Lakers / Raptors to keep PG asking price down

6- OKC tries to play off the Clippers w/ Raptors & Pascal but they have little assets

Had Kawhi been able to convince a 2nd star to go to Clips, this would of ended FA early.

Bottom line, is that Jerry West got the man he's been planning all along for the last two years.
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Basically the Kawhi the prick, wanted the Clippers all along, used the Lakers are leverage. Tried first to get any other FA star like Butler, Durant, etc to team up. They all had other plans. So then he was resided to going back to Toronto or signing with the Lakers. He waited, knowing it would give Clippers time. And him to convince someone else.

I dunno about the rest of you. But (bleep) Kawhi. This is worse than what Dwight or anyone. He literally was looking for a reason every single time not to play with Lebron. Dude, we're going to have to FORCE you to be part of one of the greatest trios (talent wise at least, not sure how it would have worked in reality with egos and all that) of all time and you're instead trying to go to the Clippers in any way possible? He would have taken Jimmy with him if Jimmy didn't want to be in Miami. Anyone.

I can't wait to see the looks on people's faces when Lebron and AD actually play some games. Lots of people have this feeling that we're not going to be all that good. No worries. Kawhi had 1 playoffs like Lebron has had for a decade. AD is what every big strives to be coming into the draft. He has still not peaked as a player, and can get a lot smarter (I'd sign Pau Gasol as a mentor FA).

Wolfie!!!!!!great post from old school poster makes me feel better, been up all night since the announcement its 8am and I'm still livid

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

Kawhi is such a (bleep) douchebag.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
This thread should be moved to the NBA lounge

I agree. Kawhi did us dirty so he has no place in our lore. Karma will find it’s way so what comes around goes around.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject:

Lost a lot of respect for Kawhi, the stuff he lulled was bush league. And no FA have ever done anything close to this, yes, even that DeAndre Jordan stunt few years back.
You simply don’t play an organization like this and mess up their plans.
Basically the lakers were told to be spare tire in case the clippers can’t land another star. This indecisive bs was never the case, had the clippers landed KD or Jimmy, Kawhi would’ve signed the first day like others.
I actually feel better that JB and KD both rejected him, otherwise the clippers wouldn’t need to give up their future.

what a snake!!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 873, 874, 875, 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 874 of 878
Jump to: