The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1142, 1143, 1144 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

I laughed when people said LeBron coming was a bad thing. I think they may have been right. We are a 4-8 seed in the west barring injury concerns so essentially the same as we were going into last year. Except we’re older with less cap space, less young players for the future and reliant on two players to BOTH stay healthy for us to have a shot.
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject:

I was hesitant to embrace LeBron at first, but now I'm all in. We should now realize how scumbaggy some of these players are, like KL and PG, snakes both of em'.

LeBron choose us, and now we choose him. Led to us victory King James!
poppajons
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
I laughed when people said LeBron coming was a bad thing. I think they may have been right. We are a 4-8 seed in the west barring injury concerns so essentially the same as we were going into last year. Except we’re older with less cap space, less young players for the future and reliant on two players to BOTH stay healthy for us to have a shot.

Kinda like every team needs their star or stars to be healthy to have a shot? Every team is one “star” injury from losing their shot.

A little bit of luck is always involved. Ask golden state.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

I’m gonna root for the guy who inexplicably chose this team. He’s our standard bearer and he brought AD. I expect an MVP level season coming up.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

Thank you!!

All the Lebron haters can suck it now. Regardless of how people feel about him, he chose the Lakers and helped to get AD.

PG and Kawhi both played the Lakers hard.

Not cool..

May they both suffer like all the previous Clipper players...be forever in mediocrity!!
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Thank you!!

All the Lebron haters can suck it now. Regardless of how people feel about him, he chose the Lakers and helped to get AD.

Not cool..

May they both suffer like all the previous Clipper players...be forever in mediocrity!!

Amen brotha! It's time to rally Lakernation, let's get behind our King and the Brow, and F this league up.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I’m gonna root for the guy who inexplicably chose this team. He’s our standard bearer and he brought AD. I expect an MVP level season coming up.

THIS
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

The disrespect Lebron gets is amazing. The man had the Lakers on pace for 50 wins and top 4 seed last season and that was with a cast of mediocre misfits and no shooting. Lebron is still the best player in the NBA and he is going to prove it next season. People are sleeping on AD and Lebron. That combo is going to tear the league up and be unstoppable, especially come playoff time.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
No one wants to play with LeBron.

This.

I said this as soon as we signed lebron and nobody believed me. He needs to cut AD a check for all the money he's lost him. If I'm AD I'm like dude you owe me.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

secund2nun wrote:
The disrespect Lebron gets is amazing. The man had the Lakers on pace for 50 wins and top 4 seed last season and that was with a cast of mediocre misfits and no shooting. Lebron is still the best player in the NBA and he is going to prove it next season. People are sleeping on AD and Lebron. That combo is going to tear the league up and be unstoppable, especially come playoff time.

Nobody seems to understand this. If he doesn’t get hurt we are a top 5 team in the west last year. No you add AD? They’ll learn
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

No one wants to play with Lebron but would anyone want to play if he weren't here either? Paul George didn't even have a meeting with us. Kevin Durant in 2016 also rejected to meet with us. We couldn't trade with anyone because our players were considered overrated. He is the only superstar that signed with us in 7 years in the FA. Give the man some respect.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

No we overpaid for AD, he was not brought. LeBron hasn’t been able to bring anybody of substance outside of maybe Green who was a good pickup. Besides that it’s average bench contributors with the ones who are Klutch clients being overpaid.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

No we overpaid for AD, he was not brought. LeBron hasn’t been able to bring anybody of substance outside of maybe Green who was a good pickup. Besides that it’s average bench contributors with the ones who are Klutch clients being overpaid.

So AD comes here to play with the Lakers if we whiffed on LBJ last summer? Absolutely not and bc all the YUTES were the trade assets.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:
And if I need to convince you come here, to carry that legacy forward, then you ain't the one to be it

Let's do this. Beating the Clips en route to #17 will be more rewarding than stomping over the league with the greatest trio of NBA history.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Probably the biggest reason why Kawhi and PG13 didn't sign here is: Bron.
Kobe was hated too. But he brought us chips. Time to see if LBJ can get it done.
I don't believe he can win a chip without a big 3 (he needs an all star perimeter teammate like Kyrie and Wade). But I'm ready for Bron to make me a believer.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Kobe was hated too. But he brought us chips. Time to see if LBJ can get it done.
I don't believe he can win a chip without a big 3 (he needs an all star perimeter teammate like Kyrie and Wade). But I'm ready for Bron to make me a believer.

3player super teams are dead. We winning ring this year
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
kikanga wrote:

*Looks at GS*

I guess you could say top heavy big 3 teams are susceptible to injury. But the obvious retort to that is. We're dead in the water if one of our big 2 get hurt as well. Injury is not a big 3 specific problem.

Asking Bron to win with less starpower than he had in his prime seems like a recipe for disappointment.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

U saw what clippers paid for that loser pg?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Halflife wrote:
kikanga wrote:

*Looks at GS*

I guess you could say top heavy big 3 teams are susceptible to injury. But the obvious retort to that is. We're dead in the water if one of our big 2 get hurt as well. Injury is not a big 3 specific problem.

Asking Bron to win with less starpower than he had in his prime seems like a recipe for disappointment.

You’re not counting dray as a big 3 are you
mj32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

Lol
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Thank you!!

Not cool..

How did LeBron help to get AD when AD was traded for and hasn't yet committed to staying?
mj32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Thank you!!

Not cool..

How did LeBron help to get AD when AD was traded for and hasn't yet committed to staying?

He wanted to come to the Lakers. Lebron is the main player on the Lakers. Connect left dot to right dot.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Halflife wrote:
kikanga wrote:

*Looks at GS*

You’re not counting dray as a big 3 are you

If not him, then DLo. Before you laugh, I’m sure if we signed DLo, we’d be gloating about our own Big 3 right now.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Thank you!!

Not cool..

How do we know he hasn't committed to staying? There are monetary benefits for him to delay a new contract, right?

Last edited by greenfrog on Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

mj32 wrote:
MJST wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Thank you!!

Not cool..

He wanted to come to the Lakers. Lebron is the main player on the Lakers. Connect left dot to right dot.

And? He didn't help us get him.

LeBron hasn't helped us get anyone.

Kyrie wanted to get the heck away from him.
Paul George wouldn't even give us a meeting.
Kawhi Leonard just said no despite the fact it would have formed a big three of LeBron, Davis and Kawhi.

LeBron's not helped the Lakers sign anyone. Davis is here via trade and has yet to commit long term. Till that happens, LeBron has done diddly for us in terms of actually convincing talent to come here.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1142, 1143, 1144 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1143 of 2079
Jump to: