OFFICIAL PISS & MOAN THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject:

Of what exactly? To have two superstars in your team maybe. Come on people stay on the ground for the second.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:28 am    Post subject:

It was basically a "two-team race." Leonard knew all along what he wanted to do. They used the Lakers for leverage.
There was not much Magic, our FO or anyone else could do to stop that train from leaving the station.
"All is fair in love & war."

We are still in the best shape we have been since 2010!! GO LAKERS!!
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject:

AD is a top 5 player.. LBJ? not anymore
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:47 am    Post subject:

Nevermind Leonard.

Not even talking about Davis right now

We need LeBron to be (pre-Laker) LeBron to even have a chance to win a championship. The question is, is that too much to ask for?
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
To be honest, I wanted Kawhi for after Lebron years. I wouldn’t have felt overjoyed winning with super team. And mad Kawhi team played us by prolonging the process knowing he wasn’t coming.

This. If we won it would not be as sweet. Would have been unfair.
PG13 and kawhi have lost their LA privileges!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

I'm bitter.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

...of the Laker fans that are wishing Kawhi and his leg well, sarcastically, as if they hope he gets hurt. BS and an embarrassment to the fan base

... of the front office who is still running this team like amateurs. From jim to jeanie, complete garbage.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: I’m ashamed...

Silly thread. Kawhi going to the Clippers could easily cost this team multiple titles. And it could give the Clippers their first title. If Kawhi never goes there they have no shot. At least if he picked Toronto he would have headed East.

It hasn’t even been a day since we learned the news. Give it time to sink in. You can’t even wait a single day before trying to come in here and lecture people?
Kobeskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: I’m ashamed...

Steve007 wrote:
Silly thread. Kawhi going to the Clippers could easily cost this team multiple titles. And it could give the Clippers their first title. If Kawhi never goes there they have no shot. At least if he picked Toronto he would have headed East.

It hasn’t even been a day since we learned the news. Give it time to sink in. You can’t even wait a single day before trying to come in here and lecture people?

No it’s not. People act like we are the knicks. How many teams would love to have James and AD. People need to get off their high horse.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: I’m ashamed...

Kobeskillz wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

No it’s not. People act like we are the knicks. How many teams would love to have James and AD. People need to get off their high horse.

I’ve seen some optimistic posts in here. I don’t see just a bunch of negatively. Remember that Kawhi made us wait and dragged it out and we kept seeing reports that he would be a Laker. I think people are taking this pretty well.

And it hasn’t been a day yet. People need time for things to sink in and as more players are getting signed I’m seeing more optimism.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

KB8SD wrote:
I'm ASHAMED of Laker ownership, management, and a Laker & NBA legend.

-Jeanie Buss
-Rob Pelinka
-Magic Johnson

Dr. Buss may he rest in peace. Right now is looking down from heaven and is in DISGUST what his pride & joy "The Lakers" has become since he died.

Just amazing how many GM on this board. We all pretend we live the lakers more than she does.... get a grip she is the owner she can set the team on fire if she want if you don’t like the products don’t watch.... or buy the team
mugwump
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject:

They wouldn't even bring head coach Vogel to meet with Kawhi. Sounds like the Lakers did everything they could to ruin their chances to create a new dynasty:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-kawhi-leonard-lakers-clippers-front-office-20190706-story.html
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Jeanie is the real problem. A delusional owner
KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:17 am    Post subject:

More of Jeanie's arrogance and how she's out of touch:

Quote:
In the wake of Friday’s news, one recalls a March story by The Times’ Nathan Fenno in which several email exchanges between Lakers officials involving the Clippers’ proposed new Inglewood arena are revealed. In one from 2017, Buss refers to Ballmer as “Ballz,’’ vows to squash his arena hopes, and sarcastically cites her opinion of his team.

“Didn’t Ballz see what we did to my brother?? He will have nothing but Clippers basketball. Whoopee.’’

On a day when the Clippers’ front office has turned them into Southern California’s premier pro basketball destination, her rivals actually would agree with her.

The Lakers owner is right, Clippers basketball, whoopee!

Source:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-kawhi-leonard-lakers-clippers-front-office-20190706-story.html

Geez the worst part is the reference to how she treated her own brother Jim Buss.

Jim & Johnny Buss must has disowned her from the family by now.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:21 am    Post subject:

KB8SD wrote:
I'm ASHAMED of Laker ownership, management, and a Laker & NBA legend.

-Jeanie Buss
-Rob Pelinka
-Magic Johnson

Dr. Buss may he rest in peace. Right now is looking down from heaven and is in DISGUST what his pride & joy "The Lakers" has become since he died.

THIS NUFF SAID
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:29 am    Post subject:

KB8SD wrote:

Quote:
In the wake of Friday’s news, one recalls a March story by The Times’ Nathan Fenno in which several email exchanges between Lakers officials involving the Clippers’ proposed new Inglewood arena are revealed. In one from 2017, Buss refers to Ballmer as “Ballz,’’ vows to squash his arena hopes, and sarcastically cites her opinion of his team.

“Didn’t Ballz see what we did to my brother?? He will have nothing but Clippers basketball. Whoopee.’’

On a day when the Clippers’ front office has turned them into Southern California’s premier pro basketball destination, her rivals actually would agree with her.

Source:

Geez the worst part is the reference to how she treated her own brother Jim Buss.

She is a (bleep) owner but what can we do about it? Just shrug and move on I guess. I think there's a time and place to discuss it. In a thread where people are showing appreciation for the players who wanted to be Lakers, it's probably not the place. Maybe start a Jeannie Buss piss and moan thread and have at it.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:33 am    Post subject:

Actually, will forever chuckle about any reference to what happened to Jim Buss. He deserved it all and more (unless you believe Dr.Buss' wishes were for the family to screw each other, his wishes and sell the team out of the family?)
KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:37 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
KB8SD wrote:

Quote:

Source:

She is a (bleep) owner but what can we do about it? Just shrug and move on I guess. I think there's a time and place to discuss it. In a thread where people are showing appreciation for the players who wanted to be Lakers, it's probably not the place. Maybe start a Jeannie Buss piss and moan thread and have at it.

The thing is that her own dad the late great Dr. Jerry Buss wasn't like this or bad as she is right now as a person.

I mean before in several interviews before Dr. Buss said that former Clipper owner Donald T. Sterling who himself was a mean racist owner and person. Dr. Buss said he was a friend of Donald Sterling and would offer him advice on how to build his team.

Last edited by KB8SD on Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:38 am    Post subject:

Go Lakers, go Jeannie, go Pelinka. This is the best we've had for atleast seven years.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:42 am    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
I'm not upset that the Kawhi sign with the Clippers, I just shocked that OKC traded him to the Clippers.

Don't think they wanted to keep a disgruntled PG13 around, and they know his trade value would decrease the longer they kept him. They got quite a boatload of assets in return. Only problem is that Westbrook will want to leave as well, but that team consisting of PG13 and Westbrook wasn't going far in the west so it might have been time to blow it up anyways.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:59 am    Post subject:

Our FO may have serious issues, but they made a real solid recovery after Kawhi chose the Clippers. We may not be THE favorites to win the championship, but we're one of the top 3 or 4 favorites right now.

Everyone has been blindsided by what the Clippers just pulled off. The lamestream media will be in love with them all season. Don't let that distract you from the elite-level roster it looks like we'll have.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:56 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I'm bitter.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:40 am    Post subject:

First, I agree that several members here are acting irrationally, chastising the FO simply because they took a swing and missed. Obviously they had Plan B ready to go and as far as Plan B's go it was pretty decent. We've got as good a shot as any team at going deep this season with experienced role players built around 2 superstars.

Second, this thread is like watching a car crash in slow motion. You know it won't end well but can't do anything but watch it happen.

IBTL.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:25 am    Post subject:

mugwump wrote:
They wouldn't even bring head coach Vogel to meet with Kawhi. Sounds like the Lakers did everything they could to ruin their chances to create a new dynasty:

He only wanted to meet Rob/Jeanie. By the way, he moved the meeting place so he could meet up with PG13 right after the Lakers meeting.
Kobe193
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

I really loved watching Kawhi in the playoffs this year. Enjoy watching him play in general. Would have loved for him to be a Laker. Now he's the bad guy. Frustrating
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 24 of 29
Jump to: