2 year contracts. What’s the 2021 plan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

Way too early to be looking towards 2021. Back in 2017 did anyone foresee AD being on the trade market or PG being on the trade market last summer?

Just be glad we will have options in 2021 instead of over-committing ourselves to bad contracts like a lot of other teams did this summer.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Way too early to be looking towards 2021. Back in 2017 did anyone foresee AD being on the trade market or PG being on the trade market last summer?

Just be glad we will have options in 2021 instead of over-committing ourselves to bad contracts like a lot of other teams did this summer.

Its the GM's job to plan a path years in advance. Its obvious Lakers are trying for max agent again in '21 with Giannis as top. If not, bradley might be secondary.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

It is hard to see the Lakers having max cap-room in 2021 unless Lebron takes a major pay-cut (he would need to opt-out) and we do not plan on keeping Kuzma.

Deng's $5m is also still on the book.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
deal wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
Paul George.

Again ? I pass...
Hard pass!

I hope he rots with that other team in LA.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
Paul George.

Eff Paul George, and eff Kawhai Leonard.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
It is hard to see the Lakers having max cap-room in 2021 unless Lebron takes a major pay-cut (he would need to opt-out) and we do not plan on keeping Kuzma.

But why not? We didn't get Kawhai, and all these contracts are 1 and 2 yr deals. They come off the books. Granted, I don't follow cap rules. So I dunno.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Its the GM's job to plan a path years in advance. Its obvious Lakers are trying for max agent again in '21 with Giannis as top. If not, bradley might be secondary.

I'm talking about us as fans. Predicting a bleak future based on list of possible FA targets two years from now is just dumb but if you want to go ahead and start your hand-wringing early be my guest.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

But why not? We didn't get Kawhai, and all these contracts are 1 and 2 yr deals. They come off the books. Granted, I don't follow cap rules. So I dunno.

Unless there is a massive jump in the salary cap, you'd have AD at ~$38m, Lebron at $41m, Kuzma roster hold at $9m, Deng at $5m, roster holds at about $14m.

2020 salary cap is projected at be at $118. Let's just speculate that 2021 is at $127.

Lakers would need $38m in space to sign a max player. Lebron would need to take a pay-cut to ~$20m a year for the Lakers to have max space.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Unless there is a massive jump in the salary cap, you'd have AD at ~$38m, Lebron at $41m, Kuzma roster hold at $9m, Deng at $5m, roster holds at about $14m.

2020 salary cap is projected at be at $118. Let's just speculate that 2021 is at $127.

Lakers would need $38m in space to sign a max player. Lebron would need to take a pay-cut to ~$20m a year for the Lakers to have max space.

Bron and AD would be at $79 mil then. Deng, makes it $84. Everybody is off the books, renounce Kuz?

Better yet, trade Lebron. Hehe.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Bron and AD would be at $79 mil then. Deng, makes it $84. Everybody is off the books, renounce Kuz?

Better yet, trade Lebron. Hehe.

You still have roster holds that go up with the cap.

So 11 roster holds at slightly over $1m.

So $95m. That Deng $5m will continue to bring pain.

It all depends on if Lebron wants to take a major pay-cut.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: