OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:19 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
We'll probably never know why Kawhi didn't sign with us, whether it be the dysfunction with Magic and overall ineptitude at the top of the FO, or something as simple as Kawhi truly not wanting to form a super team with Lebron. Most likely, it's some combination of the two. It's hard to put any of that on Rob, though. I feel he did his best given his level of experience and the resources at his disposal.

Had we just said yes to Jerry West back in 2017, though, we're probably sitting here with some trio of stars including Lebron while retaining a few of our younger players. Ah well.

Jerry West is the man and we should have absolutely brought him back when the opportunity presented itself.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:20 am    Post subject:

Gambled a big band and didn’t win, ran into a Jerry West. It’s on now. The $15m Danny Green is all good. He’s one of the best out there left and we need a semi big contract outside of LeBron/AD Incase there’s a trade candidate during the season
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:29 am    Post subject:

Smh Worst part about all of this is that lebron is on his last legs and AD is a (bleep) rental.

Reminds me of Kobe and Dwight except they had more talent on that team. Whatever. We have nothing to offer in trade to bring another star to play with AD and no prospects to build with him.

We traded away everything. Everything! What’s even funnier is that the one prospect we kept is projected to come off the bench 💀.

MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:33 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Not a good look for Pelinka. Blind sided by the Clippers, signing Green for 15 per, and the. KCP(!?!) for 8 per? Sigh. We are in bad hands. From Jim and Mitch to an even bigger idiot in Magic to a not so impressive so far Pelinka. Hopefully Pelinka turns it around. We need him to, badly.

fml all veritas

ocho wrote:
Here's the closing argument for trying to compete with a bad FO. This was an organizational defeat that we earned. Hopefully it's a wake up call. This never should have happened.

It won't be and it will happen again with airhead in charge

waterman40 wrote:
I don't blame the front office, you can't know how a player is going to sign in free agency.

My biggest problem was with Magic blowing things up right as we were on the cusp of the end of the season.

I've learned in my business dealings that there are many very stupid unprofessional people who are extremely rich and suffer from Dunning–Kruger effect, magic is the perfect example of this. Just from his previous actions it was clear as day this was the case. He should have NEVER been put in charge.

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:33 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Smh Worst part about all of this is that lebron is on his last legs and AD is a (bleep) rental.

Reminds me of Kobe and Dwight except they had more talent on that team. Whatever. We have nothing to offer in trade to bring another star to play with AD and no prospects to build with him.

We traded away everything. Everything! What’s even funnier is that the one prospect we kept is projected to come off the bench 💀.

Yup AD forces his way to The lakers . Dwight wanted to go to Brooklyn when we traded for him . Definitely a similar situation .
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Yup AD forces his way to The lakers . Dwight wanted to go to Brooklyn when we traded for him . Definitely a similar situation .

Why would AD stay here? He wanted to win. He’ll have his chance this season but lebron only gets worse from here out. Without lebron this team is worst than the pelican teams he ran away from. Next season he can choose to go team up with a star his age smh

Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:33 am    Post subject:

Kawhi just traded AD/Bron/Kuzma (and likely some ring chasers) for PG/Beverley/Trez/Lou/Shamet.

Bon Appé(bleep), buddy!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
Kawhi just traded AD/Bron/Kuzma (and likely some ring chasers) for PG/Beverley/Trez/Lou/Shamet.

Bon Appé(bleep), buddy!

It's time to see if Kuz can be more than a one-dimensional scorer. The last of our homegrown guys. It's time for him to step up.
rst08tierney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

HOW is this Robs fault? 10 out of 10 gm's with a max would have waited this out too
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

rst08tierney wrote:
HOW is this Robs fault? 10 out of 10 gm's with a max would have waited this out too

That's the wrong way to look at it. This is Jeanie's fault. She has presided over the erosion of our franchise to the point where the Clippers are more attractive to Free Agents. If it weren't for the grace of Klutch we'd be the Knicks. Pelinka is a symptom. Jeanie is the disease.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
rst08tierney wrote:

That's the wrong way to look at it. This is Jeanie's fault. She has presided over the erosion of our franchise to the point where the Clippers are more attractive to Free Agents. If it weren't for the grace of Klutch we'd be the Knicks. Pelinka is a symptom. Jeanie is the disease.

Preach
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

dang son. Pelinka doin work.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
dang son. Pelinka doin work.

Plan B-ing his azz off!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

Pelinka showing some stones after Kawhi screwing us.

Danny Green
Javale McGee
Boogie Cousins
Rajon Rondo

To go along with the Troy Daniels signing and it appears they have a great shot at Marcus Morris.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

He made some good basketball moves, but also some legacy signings. I have to wonder how much Jeanie and the PR department were pushing for crap like Rondo and Cousins. I know they're cheap, but they're going to play.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Would’ve rather had Seth or Reggie than KCP
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Plan M in full effect.
I aint mad at cha.

We took a risk. We got lied to and played.
But we'll take our lump in the summer but payback is ours during the season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

JZIANNE wrote:
On the bright side i think Rob paid less for a better player in AD than what the Clippers gave up for PG.

I definitely couldn’t agree with that
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Danny Green
Javale McGee
Boogie Cousins
Rajon Rondo

To go along with the Troy Daniels signing and it appears they have a great shot at Marcus Morris.

Marcus Morris said no sir on his Twitter when replying to a fan to come to lakerland. I'm guessing he goes to the clippers. I don't know how much money they have to sign him though.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
rst08tierney wrote:

I won't dispute the notion that our FO is a mess. That can't be denied. It might be better going forward without Magic (and so far I would say that Rob has done an "okay" job on his own), it might not, but it's definitely not up to par considering where other top FOs are at right now.

I think it's debatable, though, on whether the Clippers are the more attractive FA destination. I think they obviously were to Kawhi, but that isn't necessarily all about their FO's ability versus ours.

The most common case against Kawhi going to the Lakers all year has been that he doesn't want to join a super team, and he wants to compete AGAINST Lebron. That's been reported by multiple sources. Also consider that we were reported as his primary target destination immediately after his trade request from the Spurs, which was before Lebron but still when we had Maginka in charge. Then all of a sudden in July 2018 and throughout the season we start hearing that the Lakers are out of the picture and it's the Clippers where he wants to end up. Keep in mind that shift in the narrative happened before the FO dysfunction started becoming public and Magic departed in the most ridiculous way possible.

So until something to the contrary comes out (which who knows, may happen), I do think everything points to the conclusion that Kawhi simply wanted nothing to do with Lebron, in the same way you would never have seen Lebron team up with Kobe. These are dudes aspiring and competing to be part of the NBA's Mount Rushmore, so I can complete understand and believe why Kawhi wouldn't want to help Lebron ascend further and instead scheme to surpass him. It's really not unlike the way Lebron formed the Heatles to take down Kobe.

And after all the Clippers have done to reform their organizational structure and reputation, Kawhi still didn't wanna go there until they got him a second star, one who will clearly be subordinate to him while still helping him win.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

He got outplayed by the snakes, West and Ballmer. But considering what was left in the market, he has been doing a pretty good job today. Far better than last year
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Danny Green
Javale McGee
Boogie Cousins
Rajon Rondo

Marcus Morris said no sir on his Twitter when replying to a fan to come to lakerland. I'm guessing he goes to the clippers. I don't know how much money they have to sign him though.

He went to the Spurs. Sigh. Another dangerous team out West, and we have an aging Lebron. We need Bron to be an Ironman he next couple of seasons and hope last season was just an aberration and not a sign of Father Time.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Danny Green
Javale McGee
Boogie Cousins
Rajon Rondo

He went to the Spurs. Sigh. Another dangerous team out West, and we have an aging Lebron. We need Bron to be an Ironman he next couple of seasons and hope last season was just an aberration and not a sign of Father Time.

That is true. We definitely need greatness out of Bron. He's going to be the most motivated this season as he has ever been for a whole season.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject:

im quite happy with the roster Rob and the FO have put together.

they got proven veterans with playoff experience.
we have:

2 superstars
good defenders
shooters
rim protection and length
versatility

and I have faith in Vogel from his stint in Indy as to what he could do when given a well structured roster.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject:

how are people unhappy with Rob right now?

rondo on the vet min for 2 years
Boogie for 3.5 mill
Had to get Danny Green. great pickup
Dudley and Daniels are just whatever.
AD is top 5 player
Lebron is top 5 player.

Rob is amazing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 92 of 243
Jump to: