How well do we stack up against the Clippers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would win in a 7 game series right now, rosters as is
Lakers
83%
 83%  [ 204 ]
Clippers
16%
 16%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 245

24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

Who on the Clipps shot better then 45% from three last season? We have the bigger better interior players imo. We probably have the defensive player of the year in AD. I like our chances. McGee can protect the paint as well. I got a feeling we will have a little old school advantage down low. The splash brothers are not going to run the NBA next season.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

Pat Bev-Kawhi-PG13 vs our back court

LeBron-AD-McGee/Boogie vs their front court

Lou vs Kuz (bench instabucket)
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
I wonder if Rob asked Danny Green point blank... Can you stop Kawhi?

Were you able to stop him in practice?

Danny says... well, no one can really stop him, but yeah I did pretty well.

Rob goes... sold... here's 15 million per.

That's the only justification I can see for paying him that much.

Uh Ariza is a grandpa and got 13 million a year. Green (bleep) better then 45% from three last year. Green is way better then Ariza. He probably could of got more money if he didn't wait on Kawhi. He is basically JJ Reddick but a much better defender. Pretty sure he is making close to what grandpa Reddick is making. Do you guys even look at the stats?

You know how they say the best ability is availability.

I'm going to add another saying is that the best ability for a good shooter is "shootability"

Doesn't matter how good you are at shooting if you don't take your shot.

Danny went 8 games in row during the playoffs without scoring more than 8 points.

Grandpa JJ scored almost double what he did playing on a superteam.

I like Danny Green... but the man needs to shoot whenever he's open...

No hesitation... just shoot.

45.5% from three last season, that is all I see.
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Leonard and Paul George would probably lock up a 35 year old Lebron, we seriously need to trade some of our role players for a top point guard or we will get swept.

Lebron will destroy Leonard and PG like always. No one can lock Lebron up. He is still clearly the best player in the NBA will prove it again next season.

The last time Lebron faced Toronto and KL Lebron went off for 12/23 for 29/6/4. Lebron always plays extremely well vs KL and PG.

You clearly aren't thinking clearly

The way people are acting like you would think that KL is coming off of a 5 peat. He got lucky and beat a severely injured Warriors team.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject:

People on her acting like the Clipps guard is a good because he shot 42% from three last year, but Green shoots historically better and he is a bum lmao!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
on paper, they are similar in the starting lineup with more depth....but I need to see how our pieces come together on the court to really develop an strong idea. Right now, I would think Lou Will and Harrell are going to be a problem off the bench.

Kuzma, Cousins, KCP, Rondo is a decent bench though?

Rondo will start....and it has been almost 2 years since Cousins looked like a good NBA player....Lou Will and Harrell are the best two bench players in the NBA.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject: Five Thirty Eight Metrics show Lakers should be better than the Clippers

LINK

According to the article, after Kawhi and George, the Clippers individual rankings drop off dramatically.

RK TEAM EXP. WINS CARMELO
1 76ers 60 1700
2 Rockets 59.8 1698
3 Lakers 54.9 1643
4 Warriors 54.5 1639
5 Bucks 54.5 1638
6 Clippers 54.2 1635
7 Nuggets 52.6 1618
8 Jazz 52.3 1615
9 Thunder 49.5 1587
10 Pelicans 48 1572
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

secund2nun wrote:
al242 wrote:
Leonard and Paul George would probably lock up a 35 year old Lebron, we seriously need to trade some of our role players for a top point guard or we will get swept.

Lebron will destroy Leonard and PG like always. No one can lock Lebron up. He is still clearly the best player in the NBA will prove it again next season.

The last time Lebron faced Toronto and KL Lebron went off for 12/23 for 29/6/4. Lebron always plays extremely well vs KL and PG.

The way people are acting like you would think that KL is coming off of a 5 peat. He got lucky and beat a severely injured Warriors team.

When has George ever phased Lebron one on one? Kawhi is great but he cannot stop AD.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
on paper, they are similar in the starting lineup with more depth....but I need to see how our pieces come together on the court to really develop an strong idea. Right now, I would think Lou Will and Harrell are going to be a problem off the bench.

Rondo will start....and it has been almost 2 years since Cousins looked like a good NBA player....Lou Will and Harrell are the best two bench players in the NBA.

Bet you Rondo doesn't start all year
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
awntawn wrote:
The Clippers have 5 good players, (2 stars and 3 role players) on their roster. Everyone else is replacement level or below. I don't know where this talk of their crazy depth is coming from.

You can't just discount Gallinari's 20ppg and the 55 games they got from Tobias Harris when factoring in the success that team had last year and say "That's just adding two superstars to that team without subtracting anything". And that's not counting the loss of solid contributors like JaMychal Green and SGA.

The Clippers were last year's 2018 Boston Celtics. A group of glorified role players playing out of their minds overachieving and thinking they're going to add two stars and run the table the next year. Lou Williams was their closer, and was one of the best in the league last year. Is he going to be as effective playing off ball in crunch time? Is he even worth putting on the floor as a defensive liability if the offense isn't being run through him?

The fact that they're even being considered to be in the same breath as a team that has LeBron James and Anthony Davis is absolutely absurd to me. If you asked anyone last year, LeBron James and Anthony Davis with 3 stiffs from the YMCA was going to challenge the Warriors with KD. Now everyone's saying that LeBron James and Anthony Davis with Kuzma, Danny Green, and DeMarcus Cousins a whole 2nd year back from his recovery, and a team full of shooters is going to have trouble against Paul George coming off both shoulder surgeries, a permanently load-managed Kawhi Leonard, and 3 solid role players? Are you (bleep) kidding me?

I've been saying this. People seem to forget about Tobias Harris being there for majority of the season and Gallo's career year in pts and rebounds while shooting 43% from 3. They're also losing SGA.

Kawhi won't be able to load manage in the west. He'll be carrying a higher load during the season and won't be as fresh come playoff time.

Lou Williams is overrated. He's still a chucker and a piss poor defender but he does get to the line a lot.

Between Bron, AD, Cousins and Kuz I think we have more firepower than them and will have an easier route to the playoffs.

Yes!!! Lou Williams is very overrated. He might be the most overrated player in the NBA now. People remember the games when he has hot shooting, but conveniently forget the 3-21 shooting games that he has just as frequently as the hot shooting nights.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject:

A poll of emotional response.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Bet you Rondo doesn't start all year

you bet me?
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

Better by .7 wins...
yay
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject: Lakers and clippers rosters with out their stars

Razors
Lou Williams
Patrick Beverly
Montrez Harrell
Moe Harkless
JaMychal Green
Landry Shamet
Ivaca Zubac
Rodney McGruder
Wilson Chandler

Lakers
Kyle Kuzma
Boogie Cousins
Rajon Rondo
Danny Green
Javale McGee
Quin Cook
KCP
Alex Caruso
Jared Dudley

The Lakers easily have more talent. I’m not saying the clippers isn’t a contender but I think we have the better Duo and better supporting cast.

Last edited by Car54 on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Better
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

lol at Razors

that is all
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

Staccatos wrote:
I think the Lakers roster compares pretty well against the Clippers roster. Clippers best players all play overlapping positions.

Also, glad Lakers don't have Mitch Kupchak overpaying players anymore.

As you stare at KCP for the upteen time and Danny Green.....
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject:

Lou’s skill has never translated to team success when it counts.

Pg in back to back years in crunch time moments choked.

Doc has two of the biggest coaching choke jobs in history . Was almost let go a few years ago.

KL is amazing but let’s not act like kd played in finals, and that prior to getting hurt in game5 Klay wasn’t killing them.

Clippers are really good. and so are we. Fortunately for us the big man has been making a resurgence the last few years. We go the best one imo.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

Guys, we don’t need 8 different threads about the Clippers.

Literally there are 8 threads about the Clippers here.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject:

Pretty obvious the Lakers' advantage is up front. It's fortunate the Lakers have one of the few stars in the league who can't be guarded by Kawhi in AD. The one team the Raptors faced in the playoffs who had that type of player, Sixers with Embiid, came the closest to beating them. Hopefully Cousins can deliver some punishment down low too. Montrezl is tough but undersized and we all know Zu is soft as a marshmallow. But then on the perimeter Kawhi and PG are going to be causing all kinds of problems for LeBron. I'm not even voting in the poll because I think it could go either way.
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
secund2nun wrote:
al242 wrote:

When has George ever phased Lebron one on one? Kawhi is great but he cannot stop AD.

PG is also a playoff choker whose game routinely drops in the playoffs.

Yep, neither of them can do a thing to AD. Also KL has never phased Lebron either. His claim to fame and fake rep for slowing Lebron down was born from his 2014 NBA finals mvp when he averaged 18/6/2 and "held" Lebron to 28/8/4 on 57/52/80

In 12 games in the playoffs against each other here are the averages:

Lebron: 27/10/6 on 50/43/80
Kawhi: 16/9/1 on 55/45/75

If they meet in the playoffs next year Lebron will wreck Kawhi as usual.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: How well do we stack up against the Clippers?

bfc1125roy wrote:
The Clippers will likely be our biggest Western Conference threat this year. Although I think we may beat them out for seeding, given that Kawhi will likely still load management and Paul George will miss some games recovering from surgery, in the playoffs, HC won't matter at all against them. Here's how I think we stack up...

Been thinking about the Clippers and they might be the best team in the NBA provided George/Kawhi don't miss too many games.

PG: Beverly
SG: Shamet
SG: George
PF: Leonard
C: Harrell
6th man: Williams

That's 3 top defensive players, with the other two not being terrible. Several tough guys who hustle. Elite 3 point shooting across the board. And a sixth man who single handedly kept them competitive against GSW last playoffs.

I like our team, but I'm not sure we can match that.

PG: Rondo/Cook?
SG: Green
SF: James
PF: Davis
C: McGee
6th man: Kuzma

The spacing there is going to be off. Rondo, Davis, and McGee can't shoot. LeBron and Davis will run a great PnR but defenders will willingly sag off Rondo and McGee to help out, crowding the paint. Defensively, Rondo is now a matador, and James and Green have declined in that area too. I like our team to be top 3 in the West, but I'm not sure they could outlast the Clippers in a 7 game series at this point...

I think the slower game that we will have to play might play right into the Clippers hands. With Kawhi/George on the perimeter, LeBron and Kuzma will have a hard time. AD will do well down low, but Harrell is no slouch there either. We're also going to rely heavily on LeBron to create, especially if we play Quinn Cook at guard, and I'm not sure how much he can do at 35.

In contrast, the Clippers run a lot of pistol action, and Leonard was elite doing this on the Raptors. If he has George in the play, the defense will have to make some difficult decisions. They also have a lot of firepower in Lou Williams that we might have trouble matching. I think we absolutely need 2 more defensive wings on this roster, and should play this as our closing lineup...

PG: Cook
SG: Green
SF: Iguodala (or defensive SF)
PF: James
C: Davis

If possible, I'd like to replace Cook with a more switchable 3/D player as well. Perhaps we should look into Jonathan Simmons.

What do you guys think? How do we best the Clippers in a 7 game series?

Davis can’t shoot? You could have fooled me. One Cousins and Davis shoot better than any of their bigs. Who’s running their offense because Beverly isn’t a PG. PG can’t run an offense like Lebron we have Lebrons and possible Rondo starting. Green according to some stats was the best 3 and D guy last year and we have AD as well. Lebron is also good when the effort is there. I think Cook should start for the Lakers and I’m sure Rondo isn’t guaranteed the starting position. I’m not seeing what you’re seeing.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject:

secund2nun wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
secund2nun wrote:
al242 wrote:

PG is also a playoff choker whose game routinely drops in the playoffs.

Yep, neither of them can do a thing to AD. Also KL has never phased Lebron either. His claim to fame and fake rep for slowing Lebron down was born from his 2014 NBA finals mvp when he averaged 18/6/2 and "held" Lebron to 28/8/4 on 57/52/80

In 12 games in the playoffs against each other here are the averages:

Lebron: 27/10/6 on 50/43/80
Kawhi: 16/9/1 on 55/45/75

If they meet in the playoffs next year Lebron will wreck Kawhi as usual.

Thank you
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
Dat Insane Bias......

Clippers traded Tobias and became a better team without him. They lost Danilo, but they gained Leonard + PG13.

It's like the nonsense people spoke about losing DD for Leonard, even though DD is better than Danilo.....

Clippers took a healthy Warriors team to 6 games...

Leonard + PG13> Lebron + AD

Just remember that AD wasn't carrying the pelicans anywhere last season when he requested a trade to the lakers.

The Clipps had a fluke year. Doc is the most overrated coach in the history of the association. He has had a career of stacked teams and he has one title to show for it.

Doc sucks. I agree.

However, last season was no fluke.

They established a great culture there similar to BK and that was the reason why both teams succeeded....

Clippers starting 5 at the end was

SGA-Shamet-Danilo-Zubac-Bev

So you’re saying Shamet is better than Harris?

They may have won more but they weren’t better. They faced a bunch of lottery teams who were openly tanking at that point. Knicks, memphis and cavs twice during that final stretch. 10 of 18 wins were against lottery teams.

Btw we also faced them twice after the trade deadline. We lost once and then went on to beat them the second time by a team led by Caruso and KCP
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
Dat Insane Bias......

Clippers traded Tobias and became a better team without him. They lost Danilo, but they gained Leonard + PG13.

It's like the nonsense people spoke about losing DD for Leonard, even though DD is better than Danilo.....

Clippers took a healthy Warriors team to 6 games...

Leonard + PG13> Lebron + AD

Just remember that AD wasn't carrying the pelicans anywhere last season when he requested a trade to the lakers.

The Clipps had a fluke year. Doc is the most overrated coach in the history of the association. He has had a career of stacked teams and he has one title to show for it.

Doc sucks. I agree.

However, last season was no fluke.

They established a great culture there similar to BK and that was the reason why both teams succeeded....

Clippers starting 5 at the end was

SGA-Shamet-Danilo-Zubac-Bev

So you’re saying Shamet is better than Harris?

They may have won more but they weren’t better. They faced a bunch of lottery teams who were openly tanking at that point. Knicks, memphis and cavs twice during that final stretch. 10 of 18 wins were against lottery teams.

Btw we also faced them twice after the trade deadline. We lost once and then went on to beat them the second time by a team led by Caruso and KCP

Am I the only one that likes this Caruso vs Beverly matchup?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18
Jump to: