How getting Lebron cost this franchise multiple championships
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:34 am    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
PartyMan wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
lol sometimes I think a knicks like team would do you guys better. Lebron hurt us. Talk about spoiled. go cry that we got Lebron and AD. this is comical.

Your career after Oakland was comical.

You gonna keep crying that you never got 3 stars and Kawhi fooled you? Spoiled ass

It's not about getting 3 stars and being spoiled. It's about executing a dynasty. We have a great team but we do not have a dynasty. Lebron will be done in 2 years max. We have AD..LBJ and role players.

We should have AD KL PG or KL PG and the young core we traded. Simple.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:34 am    Post subject:

One of my exes was super hot and she dumped me bc I didn’t spend enough time with her and give her attention. She is still smoking hot and is doing well with her career. Can’t change the past. So you move on.

That’s a fake story but you get the point.
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:45 am    Post subject:

[quote="Snipes"]
Nnamdi21 wrote:
PartyMan wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
lol sometimes I think a knicks like team would do you guys better. Lebron hurt us. Talk about spoiled. go cry that we got Lebron and AD. this is comical.

You gonna keep crying that you never got 3 stars and Kawhi fooled you? Spoiled ass

It's not about getting 3 stars and being spoiled. It's about executing a dynasty. We have a great team but we do not have a dynasty. Lebron will be done in 2 years max. We have AD..LBJ and role players.

We should have AD KL PG or KL PG and the young core we traded. Simple.[/quote

AD and LeBron is a great duo. Add in Cousins, Caruso, Green, Rondo I think we got a shot this year boys.

Last edited by PartyMan on Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:

AD's a Klutch client, it's likely he would've found a way to pair up with Lebron wherever he landed. Since KL and PG are now on a team together with a solid core (tho not BI/Zo/etc) across the hallway, does that mean the Clippers FO have fulfilled your vision for executing a dynasty?
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
PartyMan wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

Those were better options given their names but at the time you dont say no to Lebron. And the biggest issue is getting that first star player. It was possible that we did what the clippers did this year but the clippers would have done the same if they were in the same position. Jerry West or whoever runs that org would have signed Lebron. no doubt.
bum2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:57 am    Post subject:

This isnt a Lebron bash thread...proceeds to call him an attention whore
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:57 am    Post subject:

Of course. If the Lakers didn't sign LeBron everything you typed would have happened perfectly.

You should hold dynasty building seminars for all the other teams in the league.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:30 am    Post subject:

Funny part will be when LJ/AD get more rings together than KL/PG do!
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:53 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
PartyMan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
You can’t predict the future. Who would thought Kawhi turn out to be such a snake?
Had the Lakers got lucky and got number 1 pick, I think that alone would be enough for AD, but things don’t work like that

Look I'm rooting against Kawhi and PG with all my might... but the entire year everyone thought he was going to the Clippers.

The engineered narrative came only at the very end of the season and we all bought into the hype... myself included.

It was reported Kawhi was trying to get agents to come.

He didn't hide that fact.

Once Jimmy signed with Miami... we all assumed we had the edge.

We were all so blinded with excitement we didn't put together the obvious which was the delay meant he was still trying to work for the second elite.

Didn't help all the fake insider comments all over the net saying he was coming here.

Blame fake posters, blame your own naive hope... but Kawhi isn't evil

I want him to fail as a Lakers fan... but let's not get it twisted.

Agreed.

I think he is a guy that wants to win being “the man.” Bring the dippers their first title like Toronto. Not gonna happen #2.

As far as the insiders, what happened to that Ysing dude? Lol. Sounds like that X or z guy from Carmelo days when we wanted him.

All said I hate that he didn’t come but f it.

Also Rob had everyone lined up... so he knew there was a good chance that Kawhi wasn't coming.

I was fooled like the rest of you... but we shouldn't have been.

This is a common fallacy that fans make due to hindsight. Kawhi chose the Clippers, but that doesn't mean it was always going to be the Clippers no matter what. They were obviously his first choice, but he was Laker bound until the Clippers pulled off that George trade at the last minute.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:21 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
PartyMan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
You can’t predict the future. Who would thought Kawhi turn out to be such a snake?
Had the Lakers got lucky and got number 1 pick, I think that alone would be enough for AD, but things don’t work like that

Look I'm rooting against Kawhi and PG with all my might... but the entire year everyone thought he was going to the Clippers.

The engineered narrative came only at the very end of the season and we all bought into the hype... myself included.

It was reported Kawhi was trying to get agents to come.

He didn't hide that fact.

Once Jimmy signed with Miami... we all assumed we had the edge.

We were all so blinded with excitement we didn't put together the obvious which was the delay meant he was still trying to work for the second elite.

Didn't help all the fake insider comments all over the net saying he was coming here.

Blame fake posters, blame your own naive hope... but Kawhi isn't evil

I want him to fail as a Lakers fan... but let's not get it twisted.

Agreed.

I think he is a guy that wants to win being “the man.” Bring the dippers their first title like Toronto. Not gonna happen #2.

As far as the insiders, what happened to that Ysing dude? Lol. Sounds like that X or z guy from Carmelo days when we wanted him.

All said I hate that he didn’t come but f it.

Also Rob had everyone lined up... so he knew there was a good chance that Kawhi wasn't coming.

I was fooled like the rest of you... but we shouldn't have been.

This is a common fallacy that fans make due to hindsight. Kawhi chose the Clippers, but that doesn't mean it was always going to be the Clippers no matter what. They were obviously his first choice, but he was Laker bound until the Clippers pulled off that George trade at the last minute.

No, he was never Laker bound even though he lied about it. He had been searching for any star to play with him on the Clippers.

Back to the original topic, this conjecture falls apart if PG stayed with OKC even if Lebron never came.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:38 am    Post subject:

Did I make this thread?

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:43 am    Post subject:

PG signed with OKC without a meeting with us. #2 never liked the Lakers and he prefers a smaller team. Why would stars sign with us? Why do you assume that PG would have signed with us instead of resigning with OKC? Let's face it, Ingram, Randle and Lonzo were a joke team. Randle is just a decent player while Ingram and Lonzo haven't made anything remarkable. Last year, when Lebron was injured we lost against almost every team, including the (bleep) Knicks.

Lebron has been the only superstar in 7 years that wanted to sign with us in the FA. Respect him, other stars only used us for leverage. He wants to be succesfull with us. He could have signed with the Clippers like the snakes but he signed with us. He is a Laker.
Ryan1973
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:03 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
PG signed with OKC without a meeting with us. #2 never liked the Lakers and he prefers a smaller team. Why would stars sign with us? Why do you assume that PG would have signed with us instead of resigning with OKC? Let's face it, Ingram, Randle and Lonzo were a joke team. Randle is just a decent player while Ingram and Lonzo haven't made anything remarkable. Last year, when Lebron was injured we lost against almost every team, including the (bleep) Knicks.

Lebron has been the only superstar in 7 years that wanted to sign with us in the FA. Respect him, other stars only used us for leverage. He wants to be succesfull with us. He could have signed with the Clippers like the snakes but he signed with us. He is a Laker.

Did you forget that both PG and Kawhi wanted to be traded to the Lakers before Lebron signed here?
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:13 am    Post subject:

Ryan1973 wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Did you forget that both PG and Kawhi wanted to be traded to the Lakers before Lebron signed here?

Reported by the media. Like 99,9% Toronto resign and deal done with the Lakers, right? I would say that they used the Lakers because they just wanted to leave the Pacers and the Spurs. Also, the supposed request of #2 to leave San Antonio was just before signing Lebron and continued after Lebron signed. So Lebron is not the problem. They are the problem.
LAPauer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:19 am    Post subject:

Ryan1973 wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

If they both really wanted to be Lakers, they would be Lakers right now. We aren't the LA Lebrons. If pride was more important than the organization, you are severely overestimating their desire to play here. Lebron has been nothing but accommodating, offering to take a back seat to younger stars looking to take over the franchise. This idea that he is some Kobe-esque presence who always needs to be the alpha is a joke. He rolled out the red carpet, which is partly why AD was so excited to join, and, frankly, I like AD a hell of a lot more than PG, and Lebron is not that far behind Kawhi. If we were choosing between pairs, we got the right one.
Ryan1973
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:23 am    Post subject:

LAPauer wrote:
Ryan1973 wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

If they both really wanted to be Lakers, they would be Lakers right now. We aren't the LA Lebrons. If pride was more important than the organization, you are severely overestimating their desire to play here. Lebron has been nothing but accommodating, offering to take a back seat to younger stars looking to take over the franchise. This idea that he is some Kobe-esque presence who always needs to be the alpha is a joke. He rolled out the red carpet, which is partly why AD was so excited to join, and, frankly, I like AD a hell of a lot more than PG, and Lebron is not that far behind Kawhi. If we were choosing between pairs, we got the right one.

Kawhi has the advantage over Lebron because of his age. The Lakers will need to get another younger superstar in the next few years.
cganesh75
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:39 am    Post subject:

Ryan1973 wrote:
LAPauer wrote:
Ryan1973 wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Kawhi has the advantage over Lebron because of his age. The Lakers will need to get another younger superstar in the next few years.

we already have 1... kuzma.
JJLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:41 am    Post subject:

Yo whats done is done dude. We need to focus on this season and try win a ring.
LAPauer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject:

Ryan1973 wrote:
LAPauer wrote:
Ryan1973 wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

I would contend that AD makes that a lot easier, and Lebron was our way to get him. If Kawhi is anti-super team, it would always be a choice of two with him. I think it will be easier to eventually pair AD with 2 more top players. Also, this idea that everyone was just flocking to get here before Lebron seems pretty sketchy to me. We get used as leverage all the time, and clearly both PG and Kawhi were not really hellbent on any particular team because they both passed on the Lakers given the opportunity to play for them. I really don't think Lebron is that cancerous. Our FO had a ton of question marks though. Jerry Buss dying threw everything into flux and I'm sure FAs were not attracted to that chaos. If anything, Lebron at least helped us take the first step out of total irrelevance. AD wasn't asking for a trade here because he was so impressed by Jeanie and Pelinka. FAs only really started looking at us once Lebron took a chance on a pretty beaten down franchise.
Ryan1973
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:45 am    Post subject:

cganesh75 wrote:
Ryan1973 wrote:
LAPauer wrote:
Ryan1973 wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

we already have 1... kuzma.

He could end up being one but he isn't one yet. He is the big wildcard in all of this.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:59 am    Post subject:

Here is how you solve all this......Wait for it.....
wiat for it....
HIRE JERRY WEST when he wanted to come back

THE END

Oh Yea...we are not the LA Lebrons....we are LA KLUTCH
proof:
rehire KCP AGAIN...smh...wasnt last year enough?
Just drafted a kid THT...we didnt even work him out
FORCED TO GET RID OF YOUTH FOR AD...could have got at Trade deadline.
FIRED COACH(PART OF LAKERS Mafia..smh only reason hired)

OYEAH...our MVP Cape space we held allll this time...was used for?....to sign "old legs" (SLOOOOOW CLAP)
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject:

Ryan1973 wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

PG's idol was Kobe, but his favorite team was reportedly the Clippers, so I wouldn't be so sure ... ESPECIALLY with West as the GM
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject:

japanesebeef1 wrote:
P & M
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject:

Put this one down as one of the worst threads of 2019....Thanks for playing.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:47 am    Post subject:

We will see what happens. I don’t feel good about Lebron winning a ring in his time here for 3 reasons:

1) He is going to be 35 this season.
2) AD trade had to be done, but it was a desperation move that proved to be correct (no max FA)
3) Sketchy FO

If you want to place blame, start with Jeanie. She let West go to the clippers. If you look at all the moves the clippers made prior to Jerry arriving to after he joined that organization...that’s all you need to know.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9
Jump to: