How getting Lebron cost this franchise multiple championships
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

Is it crazy to think all these anti Lebron takes stem from insecurities about Kobe's legacy?
sixsixstang408
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
You can’t predict the future. Who would thought Kawhi turn out to be such a snake?
Had the Lakers got lucky and got number 1 pick, I think that alone would be enough for AD, but things don’t work like that

Look I'm rooting against Kawhi and PG with all my might... but the entire year everyone thought he was going to the Clippers.

The engineered narrative came only at the very end of the season and we all bought into the hype... myself included.

It was reported Kawhi was trying to get agents to come.

He didn't hide that fact.

Once Jimmy signed with Miami... we all assumed we had the edge.

We were all so blinded with excitement we didn't put together the obvious which was the delay meant he was still trying to work for the second elite.

Didn't help all the fake insider comments all over the net saying he was coming here.

Blame fake posters, blame your own naive hope... but Kawhi isn't evil

I want him to fail as a Lakers fan... but let's not get it twisted.

there *does* exist perspective on the internet? did i just read a completely rational post?

I need to sit, I'm getting dizzy
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
You can’t predict the future. Who would thought Kawhi turn out to be such a snake?
Had the Lakers got lucky and got number 1 pick, I think that alone would be enough for AD, but things don’t work like that

Look I'm rooting against Kawhi and PG with all my might... but the entire year everyone thought he was going to the Clippers.

The engineered narrative came only at the very end of the season and we all bought into the hype... myself included.

We were all so blinded with excitement we didn't put together the obvious which was the delay meant he was still trying to work for the second elite.

Didn't help all the fake insider comments all over the net saying he was coming here.

All the star free agents were gone. Not only did he orchestrate a scenario where another star forces his way off of his own team but to one specific team of his choosing, he did so with the actual insiders admitting that they knew about it and decided not to report it.

In no universe is this scenario "obvious".
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

All the star free agents were gone. Not only did he orchestrate a scenario where another star forces his way off of his own team but to one specific team of his choosing, he did so with the actual insiders admitting that they knew about it and decided not to report it.

Not to mention it was so obvious that no one figured it out. Not the media, not the lakers, not Klutch. No one. That's the definition of obvious.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Not to mention it was so obvious that no one figured it out. Not the media, not the lakers, not Klutch. No one. That's the definition of obvious.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

I find it amusing though that YSong mentioned Paul George name in one of his post before the plan was executed. I dunno if that coincidental or intentional. But we could have DLo if Kawhi did not snake us. Obviously
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

The idea that any franchise should or would prioritize Paul George over LEBRON JAMES is too laughable to even respond to.

Hang this thread in the hall of shame.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
The idea that any franchise should or would prioritize Paul George over LEBRON JAMES is too laughable to even respond to.

You don't get the big picture do you?

Lebron is 34. PG was 28. Also PG was way better than LBJ was last year. You get PG so that you can get KL and build a dynasty for years to come.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject:

I was never a fan of signing LBJ. Only because of his age and not willing to take a paycut. That said I'm riding with him, it's done.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I see no lies...

Kawhi and PG clearly wanted to play together.

But LBJ definitely is not an elite FA magnet... and I think Kawhi or PG would have had an easier time getting others to play with them.

Except PG was Kawhi's (at least) third choice after KD and Butler.

The first two didn't want to join him.

Some FA magnet.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Username wrote:

Lebron is 34. PG was 28. Also PG was way better than LBJ was last year. You get PG so that you can get KL and build a dynasty for years to come.

That's fine, but anyone would of signed Lebron last year if he wanted to sign somewhere. You pull that trigger, especially with the way he played in the previous year playoffs. That's a no brainier. And I was not even a fan of the move. PG cannot tie LBJ shoe laces.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

The media was gassing up the controversy...

The Lakers and Klutch had six agents lined up and ready to go.

The Clippers were odds on favorites all year to land Kawhi.

Sleight of hand isn't obvious until you know what to look for then it's completely clear.

But sure... hate Kawhi if it makes you all feel better.

I want them to lose because they are enemy number one... but I don't hate them.

Had he gone to Toronto... yes, I would have joined you in hate.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Username wrote:

And you had the crystal ball the whole time? I get it the front office has alot to prove. I wasn't a fan of signing James. But we had the space he wanted to come to L.A. No GM picks PG over LBJ.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Username wrote:

"Way" better? By what metric?

Your entire scenario here is pure fantasy land. For one, Paul George was not leaving OKC last year. That decision was made well ahead of time, hence the documentary and not taking meetings. Second, there was no known connection between KL and PG before Friday night. And PG wasn't even KL's first choice as a Clippers running mate.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Sleight of hand isn't obvious until you know what to look for then it's completely clear.

Nothing you said changes the fact that it was so obvious that he was pulling strings behind the scenes that no one knew about it.
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: How getting Lebron cost this franchise multiple championships

Snipes wrote:
This isn't a Lebron bash thread.

Bashes him anyway.

Quote:
You sign PG - ignore Lebron. Let the 34 year attention whore go somewhere else.

Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

LG still has people crying over Joe Ingles son?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Nothing you said changes the fact that it was so obvious that he was pulling strings behind the scenes that no one knew about it.

Are you telling me you weren't sitting on pins and needles when it was rumored Butler might go to the Clippers?

I know I was.

The media and so called insiders kept telling us it was between us and the Raptors and our own confirmation biases made us prone to believe them.

I know for sure at the beginning I thought he was headed to the Clippers....

Then rumors started that AD changed the equation so I believed maybe we'd get him.

I also couldn't believe Rob could be so stupid to trade 9 assets for other random agents so I wanted to think the best of him.

People say I'm so negative... but I discarded my own logic to believe along with you guys.

We are fooled all the time by the media.

Most people don't even realize we've been at perpetual war for over a decade because the news sanitizes this after what happened in Vietnam.

It's hard to ignore what you have been conditioned to trust since childhood... but that's what happened.

The media shifted... and we all bought into it hook, line, and sinker.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Umm, because they had backup plans to a not sure thing that means the lakers knew he was juking them? mmmkay. And it was so obvious yet you admit you fell for it. Never change buddy!
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Username wrote:

I vote to put this into "worst threads on LG" bucket.

You are suggesting a hypothetical (Paul George 180's on OKC and signs with the Lakers during his Westbrook party) that is so unlikely that it is laughable. PG made up his mind well before the start of free agency and LBJ hardly factored into it.

You try to recruit PG onto an empty Lakers team with a promise that Kawhi would sign the following year, that's ridiculous.

Theoretically all kinds of stars *could* have signed with the Lakers. But Lebron James did.

Lakers haven't lost any championships because Lebron is on the Lakers. Future championships that haven't happened yet? A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Lakers with Lebron James and Anthony Davis have their best shot at a championship than at any time since prime Kobe.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Lebron was the only one who came, and AD followed. PG and Kawhi seemed annoyed we didn't trade for them
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Umm, because they had backup plans to a not sure thing that means the lakers knew he was juking them? mmmkay. And it was so obvious yet you admit you fell for it. Never change buddy!

Bro it was sooooo obvious. Just because no one knew it was happening doesn't mean it wasn't super obvious.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Bro it was sooooo obvious. Just because no one knew it was happening doesn't mean it wasn't super obvious.

What was that phrase about hindsight and 20/20? Feels like it might apply
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Username wrote:

PG was NOT way better than LeBron last year. Yea defensively but they avg nearly the same ppg 28/27.3, rebounds 8ish, but PG is no where near the playmaker as LeBron significantly outdistance PG in asssist 4ish/8ish.

So points same, rebounds same, LeBron better playmaker, PG better defender, not way better...imo not better at all but anyone being honest is not say PG was way better than LeBron last year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9
Jump to: