How well do we stack up against the Clippers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would win in a 7 game series right now, rosters as is
Lakers
83%
 83%  [ 204 ]
Clippers
16%
 16%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 245

Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Isn't Vogel a defensive minded coach? Hopefully we'll see him work some magic in that area this season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Are the Clippers small or is it just me? I think they're small compared to the Lakers. Not that it necessarily matters.

It does matter, small ball only works when you have an all defensive small ball center, which the Clippers do not have and two marksmen shooters, which imo, they do not have. Clipps do have a good offense though. But yeah their interior defense is non existent.

Harrell, Lou and Shamet cover the holes you think that they have.

If boogie is even 75% healthy , they have zero answer for us inside.

Unfortunately that goes both ways. He can’t jump or move laterally. As happened last season, teams will P&R him forever. That will be Javele time.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Have a look at the Link below, it is Sport Illustrated ranking the Top 100 NBA Players BEFORE last season...

Lebron #1 & Davis #5

Kawhi #12 & George #11

Make of this what you will...

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/09/10/top-100-nba-players-2019-lebron-james-stephen-curry-dirk-nowitzki

…and that doesn't even account for Caruso. We stacked, yo.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Potentially, Bradley's defense against against Lou is a nice swing factor in our favor. we're 1 piece away from being the favorites in the whole league.. solid.
JJLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
lewis wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:
They have no answer for AD, simple as that. Coupled with Boogie and McGee, we're gonna wreck this league in the post. Bron and our new shooters will handle the rest.

What answer do we have for Kawhi and PG13? LeBron and Kuz??? Who is play-making when Bron is on the bench, we have a good team but clippers are better..

Boog, Rondo.

#2 clearly has injury issue and that is his weakness. Whenever we see #2 struggling with his injury, force the clippers to pass it to #2 and force him to take more shots and drive it. He will be so exhausted and gassed he will have issues making his shoots. Force #2 to do all the hard work and it will affect his game and increase his injury issue. He almost always struggles in the 4 quarter for a reason. Injury and exhaustion. We will make him and force him to struggle.

I am feeling really really good about the Lakers.

Last edited by JJLakers on Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:23 pm; edited 10 times in total
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject:

I'm not entirely sure the Clippers will be better than last year's Raptors. That team had such good chemistry, and a beastly defensive front line with Gasol, Ibaka and Siakam. Nurse made better adjustments in the playoffs than Doc ever has. Lowry's no Paul George, but he's still a legit all-star without the positional redundancy of George with Leonard, and he strikes me as a pretty solid team leader too. Have to remember while everyone's so impressed the Clippers were an 8th seed, the Raptors went 17-5 without Kawhi.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Lakers. Simple. Clippers can't match our front court. Who can stop Davis and, actually, even McGee and a healthy Cousins down low? Zubak? He'll foul out in the first quarter. Harrell? Hustle guy that's still undersized.

People are seriously overselling the Clippers.
JJLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
I'm not entirely sure the Clippers will be better than last year's Raptors. That team had such good chemistry, and a beastly defensive front line with Gasol, Ibaka and Siakam. Nurse made better adjustments in the playoffs than Doc ever has. Lowry's no Paul George, but he's still a legit all-star without the positional redundancy of George with Leonard, and he strikes me as a pretty solid team leader too. Have to remember while everyone's so impressed the Clippers were an 8th seed, the Raptors went 17-5 without Kawhi.

Thank You. I have been pretty much saying the same thing. And with their two injury prone players (snakes). We have the better team and match up. Simple as that. Get Iggy and the gap is greater.

And we will always have home court against them.
bfc1125roy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Bradley's best defensive days may be behind him, unfortunately.

I agree with LFR's take that we need one good guard, who can do a little of everything - facilitate, shoot, defense, and start up the offense. And probably another bench wing defender like Iggy who we can use to close out games. That would put us ahead of the Clippers, imo.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject:

bfc1125roy wrote:

I agree with LFR's take that we need one good guard, who can do a little of everything - facilitate, shoot, defense, and start up the offense.

Sheesh, even DLo doesn't do all that and he got 27M. Where are we going to find a guard like that in the bargain bin? Caruso comes closest to a poor man's version of what you described.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Potentially, Bradley's defense against against Lou is a nice swing factor in our favor. we're 1 piece away from being the favorites in the whole league.. solid.

Yep, Bradley is a nice guy to limit Lou Will while we pick on his defense on the other end.

Give us Iggy and we're the league favorites imo
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
It's just a shame LeBron isn't a few years younger. There would be no question then.

2018 Playoffs LeBron makes us the clear favorites
bfc1125roy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:44 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
bfc1125roy wrote:

I agree with LFR's take that we need one good guard, who can do a little of everything - facilitate, shoot, defense, and start up the offense.

Sheesh, even DLo doesn't do all that and he got 27M. Where are we going to find a guard like that in the bargain bin? Caruso comes closest to a poor man's version of what you described.

Maybe Bradley Beal?
Shoot Like Kobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:17 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
LeBron is 2 big...!

George is big too!

Will Lebron is going to play point guard. This will counter the defense of Kawhi and George. And this move make sense because I expect to see a lot of Lebron and AD pick and rolls this year as Davis has a 3 foot leap and can grab the ball out of the air over people. Plus Lebron is a super passer.

In order to counter this the team defense of the Clippers will matter more than individual defense.

I just don’t understand why the lakers have to leak Lebron playing point guard to the press so now the entire league knows it.

.....it does not matter what position LeBron plays. If Kawhi or George is out there, one of them will be defending him.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:10 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Lakers. Simple. Clippers can't match our front court. Who can stop Davis and, actually, even McGee and a healthy Cousins down low? Zubak? He'll foul out in the first quarter. Harrell? Hustle guy that's still undersized.

People are seriously overselling the Clippers.

Right on and that is fine, I like the pressure being OFF the Lakers and ON the Clippers to win it all, then when they (the Clippers) start choking, the media will have a field day trying to back-step their stupid predictions...!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Isn't Vogel a defensive minded coach? Hopefully we'll see him work some magic in that area this season.

I think Vogel-Hibbert had the top defense in the league 2 yrs straight (made Hibbert an all-star, they did have PGbishash13
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:16 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

I think Vogel-Hibbert had the top defense in the league 2 yrs straight (made Hibbert an all-star, they did have PGbishash13

Should we get Hibbert back then? Oh and Lance (I’m joking)
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
governator wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

Should we get Hibbert back then? Oh and Lance (I’m joking)

hah! NO! but Vogel-Hibbert to Vogel-AD, sounds good right?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
The Clippers have 5 good players, (2 stars and 3 role players) on their roster. Everyone else is replacement level or below. I don't know where this talk of their crazy depth is coming from.

You can't just discount Gallinari's 20ppg and the 55 games they got from Tobias Harris when factoring in the success that team had last year and say "That's just adding two superstars to that team without subtracting anything". And that's not counting the loss of solid contributors like JaMychal Green and SGA.

The Clippers were last year's 2018 Boston Celtics. A group of glorified role players playing out of their minds overachieving and thinking they're going to add two stars and run the table the next year. Lou Williams was their closer, and was one of the best in the league last year. Is he going to be as effective playing off ball in crunch time? Is he even worth putting on the floor as a defensive liability if the offense isn't being run through him?

The fact that they're even being considered to be in the same breath as a team that has LeBron James and Anthony Davis is absolutely absurd to me. If you asked anyone last year, LeBron James and Anthony Davis with 3 stiffs from the YMCA was going to challenge the Warriors with KD. Now everyone's saying that LeBron James and Anthony Davis with Kuzma, Danny Green, and DeMarcus Cousins a whole 2nd year back from his recovery, and a team full of shooters is going to have trouble against Paul George coming off both shoulder surgeries, a permanently load-managed Kawhi Leonard, and 3 solid role players? Are you (bleep) kidding me?

This right here.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject:

Man the Clippers are sooooo overyhyped. Its crazy.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

Danny Green and Bradley vs Pat Bev and Lou
- close

McGee and Boogie vs Montrezl and Zubac
- close too (I like ours but Montrezl modern day Manimal)

Kuzma vs Shamet
- battle of the young guy, close too

Vogel/Kidd/Hollins vs Doc
- Ok, Doc

LeBron and AD vs KL and PG
- battle of superstars, our #2 (whoever it is) is way better
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Man the Clippers are sooooo overyhyped. Its crazy.

They are a pretty solid team, but you are correct that they are getting a little boost from Ballmer’s media friendly pet project.

The clippers work hard at being a media darling.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Avery vs. Lou

I don't know... is this a win?
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Avery vs. Lou

I don't know... is this a win?

I think we will have to see them play.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject:

Iggy could really swing things for both teams.

LAL: Bradley/Green/Iggy/Lebron/Davis v.
LAC: Beverly/Williams/George/Kawhi/Zubac

LAL: Bradley/Green/Kuzma/Lebron/Davis v.
LAC: Beverly/George/Iggy/Kawhi/Zubac

Whoever gets Iggy suddenly has a lock down defense, Clippers even more so. As it stands right now though, with the addition of Bradley, I think we have a superior and deeper team. I'd take our best four players (LBJ/AD/Kuz/Cousins) over their best four (KL/PG/Lou/Bev). I think our next best four (Green/Bradley/McGee/KCP) are slightly better than their next best four (Shamet/Zubac/Harkless/Green). Then, I think our deep bench (Rondo/Cook/Dudley/Caruso) and theirs (Harrell/Robinson/Thornwell/McGruder) is about equal.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 10 of 18
Jump to: