NBA ratings

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: NBA ratings

If the NBA was smart, it introduces 1-16 playoffs now. No more East Coast vs West Coast.

No one wants to see Lakers vs Clippers in the early rounds. Especially with player movement disrupting balance.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject:

I would think they still have East and West for television schedules moreso than competitive balance, since the East hasn’t been competitive in over 20 years.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

I agree with 1-16 but I think Philly and the Bucks will be right in the mix. Eventually Brooklyn too.
JJLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

I wish they would allow other networks to broadcast the NBA Finals, similar to the Superbowl. The fact that it's always ESPN really annoys me. I don't like their announcers and they way they broadcasts the games. I bet if NBC/TNT/FOX had the rights their presentation/broadcast of the finals would be far superior to ESPN and probably lead to higher ratings.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject:

JJLakers wrote:
I wish they would allow other networks to broadcast the NBA Finals, similar to the Superbowl. The fact that it's always ESPN really annoys me. I don't like their announcers and they way they broadcasts the games. I bet if NBC/TNT/FOX had the rights their presentation/broadcast of the finals would be far superior to ESPN and probably lead to higher ratings.

Well, if the other networks held the TV rights they would probably have a say in the matter. NBC and CBS don't show NBA games anymore, FOX only had NBA games thru their RSN's. As long as ABC/ESPN pays the big bucks for NBA programming they will get the Finals. Seeing as how much programming ESPN dedicates to the NBA, I don't think that will be changing anytime soon.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: