Do you think that LeBron is still the best player in the world?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think that LeBron is still the best player in the world?
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 56 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 75 ]
Total Votes : 131

DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:53 am    Post subject: Do you think that LeBron is still the best player in the world?

Question's there.

Obviously, if you know me, I believe he isn't. KD, Kawhi, Giannis, Steph and AD had already surpassed LeBron in my eyes.

I'm interested in seeing what the masses think as of today.

Lebron's unwillingness to defend, his current age, along with missing the playoffs last year in the tougher West answered that question for me. Yes, I don't take the groin thing as an excuse.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:56 am    Post subject:

Well rested, punked by Kawhi in the off season... yeah, I expect a historic season from LeBron (at least in the post season)
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:57 am    Post subject:

Right now (excluding the injured KD), I think Kawhi is the only one definitely better than him. Possibly Giannis, too, but the lack of shooting hurts the Freak, so I'd still put LeBron over him for the time being

So, in short terms, no he isn't the best player in the world right now. With an impactful season, though, that could change, and he can still do that IMO
#18 next...
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:01 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Right now (excluding the injured KD), I think Kawhi is the only one definitely better than him. Possibly Giannis, too, but the lack of shooting hurts the Freak, so I'd still put LeBron over him for the time being

So, in short terms, no he isn't the best player in the world right now. With an impactful season, though, that could change, and he can still do that IMO

Giannis got 'shut down' in Playoff, can't see any players doing that to LeBron... not yet better
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:03 am    Post subject:

Steph is better than LeBron?
irielight
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject:

No. It all comes down to defense for me. Offensively, he's still the best in the game imo, but his defense gets worse every year. I'd prefer to see less minutes out of him and more effort on the defensive side of the ball.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject:

No but its a team game so he doesnt have to be
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:22 am    Post subject:

If someone told you, you had to trade Lebron ... right now ... and whoever you traded him for would leave in 2 years no matter what...

Who would you trade him for?
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject:

In the playoffs I think he still is the man.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject:

Definitely no.

1. Kawhi
2. Giannis
3. LBJ
4. AD
5. Harden

I have KD instead of Harden but he is injured so no point to include him.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject:

On any given night he can be the best.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
If someone told you, you had to trade Lebron ... right now ... and whoever you traded him for would leave in 2 years no matter what...

hmm... I would say nobody
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Kawhi, Jimmy Butler, Paul George or Steph.

Are you new to these forums? I wanted to send LeBron to Miami last month.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject:

Not the best, but still Top 5 when he's healthy imo.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:53 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Not the best, but still Top 5 when he's healthy imo.

Agreed. We need a world's best player type of season from him though... perhaps, two-three seasons. I'm hoping that this crap stunt Kawhi pulled has lit a fire in LeBron's belly and that he'll want to stamp his authority over Kawhi, the Dippers and the rest of the league too because he still got game.

Let's go LeGramps!

Last edited by LAL1947 on Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:37 am; edited 2 times in total
loseyourname
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:08 am    Post subject:

I doubt it, but he can still reach a high on any given night that no one else can. I don't think he has it in him any more to give full effort on both ends of the floor 70 games a season plus playoffs, though.

It's still silly to fault him for last season. His performance was just as good as it's ever been. The team was fine when it was healthy. It fell apart without him, and when he came back, all the other good players were hurt and he was a one-man team surrounded by scrubs. The concern with him is health, but his production hasn't gone anywhere.

People underestimate the effect of lack of roster continuity. It wasn't just total games lost to injury. It's that we were throwing out completely new lineups of guys who had never played together every couple weeks after January. No team can succeed doing that. It's playing a rec league random assemblage against real pro teams. It doesn't matter how individually talented the players are. They aren't going to win.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

Yes, he’s the best player, the question is how many games he can sustain it over. Btw, kawai and Steph and KD are the only other guys who can claim the stage in this type argument. Until butler and George and giannis actually take a team to the finals, much less win it, they aren’t there yet.

Last edited by Omar Little on Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:16 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Yes, he’s the best player, the question is how many games he can sustain it over. Btw, kawai and Steph and AD are the only other guys who can claim the stage in this type argument. Until butler and George and giannis actually take a team to the finals, much less win it, they aren’t there yet.

AD never been to finals too boss
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject:

Jordan won that last title at age 35, right?

I still think we have a shot to see 1-2 titles from Lebron forthcoming, and when he does it, people will say, "oh, yeah."
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Yes, he’s the best player, the question is how many games he can sustain it over. Btw, kawai and Steph and AD are the only other guys who can claim the stage in this type argument. Until butler and George and giannis actually take a team to the finals, much less win it, they aren’t there yet.

AD never been to finals too boss

Sorry, that was supposed to be KD
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
Jordan won that last title at age 35, right?

I still think we have a shot to see 1-2 titles from Lebron forthcoming, and when he does it, people will say, "oh, yeah."

$1m/yr body maintenance including daily nitro tank therapy does reduce inflammation and prolong your peak ( I think )
bum2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

Probably not even the best player on this team. But still top five
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject:

I would say that a motivated LBJ would have one last chance at being the greatest player in the world this season.

However, I have a feeling that Lakers fans all across Los Angeles will absolutely abuse Kawhi and Paul George everywhere they go, and this will create incredible motivation among both of them to prove the world wrong.

We are playing into their hands feeding this us against the world mentality.

What we should do, is simply ignore them as the Clippers are normally ignored... but we won't.

People will laugh at them, mock them, taunt them.

They will either rise to challenge and play like they've never played before... or perhaps fold under the pressure.

I'm not saying no one will love them or be excited to see them... they are stars so of course people will still flock to take selfies or get their autographs... but for every one of those... there will be two who crap on them and give them sh*t.

I'm not sure of the outcome but LBJ, PG, Kawhi will all be playing with a vengeance... AD, I'm not so sure... but he will need to find that motivation too.

It will be great theater though whatever happens.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I would say that a motivated LBJ would have one last chance at being the greatest player in the world this season.

However, I have a feeling that Lakers fans all across Los Angeles will absolutely abuse Kawhi and Paul George everywhere they go, and this will create incredible motivation among both of them to prove the world wrong.

What we should do, is simply ignore them as the Clippers are normally ignored... but we won't.

They will either rise to challenge and play like they've never played before... or perhaps fold under the pressure.

I'm not saying no one will love them or be excited to see them... they are stars so of course people will still flock to take selfies or get their autographs... but for every one of those... there will be two who crap on them and give them sh*t.

I'm not sure of the outcome but LBJ, PG, Kawhi will all be playing with a vengeance... AD, I'm not so sure... but he will need to find that motivation too.

So we're not doing the Ha Hah Ha Hah Ha Hah (in Kawhi) everytime he touch the ball?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

So we're not doing the Ha Hah Ha Hah Ha Hah (in Kawhi) everytime he touch the ball?

Paul George was visibly shaken when we booed him after he joined OKC.
You could tell it was really important he was vindicated

Kawhi is just bad ass period.

Angering those two, is not good strategy... but it will happen, what can you do.

LBJ has been blasted all season for playing God with the team, so you know he will also be motivated.

My only question is whether AD will be at the same psychological intensity as the other three.

If he is, it will be incredible to watch.

Last edited by Sentient Meat on Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: