AVERY BRADLEY (2.0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
levon wrote:
Full room for this dude? 2 years? I guess it's a tradable contract, but why wouldn't you wait to see if Iggy gets bought out?

Justin Holiday? Trey Burke?

I don't like this signing at all.

For the last time, Iggy ain’t getting bought out lol. The best chance we have of signing a buyout candidate right now is Korver

Bradley will start and will play well in this system IMO

How do you know?
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
levon wrote:
Full room for this dude? 2 years? I guess it's a tradable contract, but why wouldn't you wait to see if Iggy gets bought out?

For the last time, Iggy ain’t getting bought out lol. The best chance we have of signing a buyout candidate right now is Korver

How do you know?

Too valuable to a contender to get bought out. A team like the Rockets or Blazers will match salary and attach picks to get him
#18 next...
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
levon wrote:

How do you know?

Too valuable to a contender to get bought out. A team like the Rockets or Blazers will match salary and attach picks to get him

What do you think they're waiting for?
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Okay, what about Dragic being swung in a deal for Westbrook and OKC waiving him? We couldn't use the room to entice him?
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
levon wrote:

How do you know?

Houston would need to give up Gordon to get Iggy.

Portland would need to trade Bazemore.

Both aren’t going to make those trades.

The one team that could trade for him is Utah.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
levon wrote:

How do you know?

Yeah, Memphis is obviously going to keep trying to get something back for him but he has a high salary and is clearly on his last leg so nobody is going to give up much. On top of that there is zero chance a team trades for him if he doesn't tell said team he really wants to be there since anyone trading for him is doing it for his services this season as anything past that is a complete unknown.

I can also see Utah as one of the only teams that have a legit chance considering salaries and is also a legit contender but even if they want to do the trade does Iggy want to play in Utah?

I think the Lakers still have a decent chance to pick him up, it's just not something we should expect to happen like it was before.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

If Bradley played like he did in Memphis then we get a much needed 3-and-D guard to check Lou Williams, Lillard, Murray, Conley, etc. Worst case it's a very traceable contract.

Iggy isn't getting bought out so this is a low-risk and high-reward signing.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

I can't recall teams buying out a guy making $17mil, that's just throwing money away, unless the team that trades him adds cash (which GS did not do), so it's unlikely that Iggy gets bought out, especially because he will pull a "Deng" and NOT take less than the full payment!
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I can't recall teams buying out a guy making $17mil, that's just throwing money away, unless the team that trades him adds cash (which GS did not do), so it's unlikely that Iggy gets bought out, especially because he will pull a "Deng" and NOT take less than the full payment!

Iggy will give up money for a buy-out. Likely the sooner Memphis gives him a buy-out, the more he gives up.

Deng gave up significant money for a buy-out.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject:

done deal
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:28 am    Post subject:

Yeah, he played well in Memphis after being traded.

I don't know why fans on here think he's just an awful player.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

Love this signing. Gives us the defensive minded PG we need,

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

I think he was playing through injuries on the Clippers.
We shall see.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:

Everyone becomes a awful player when they sign with the Lakers, had Bradley signed with someone like the Raptors or Sixers, people on RealGM would be calling him a semi-star.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject:

i think people are overrating the Iggy market
if Iggy and his bloated contract is so valuable the Warriors would not have had to attached a 1st round pick to dump him.
The only way I see a team trading for him is one looking to dump salary for an expiring contract.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

People complained that the Lakers waited for Kawhi and missed out on players. Lakers then move forward and pick up players, and people still complain they should wait on the potential release of others players.

Which one is it?

Thats right. Piss and Moan
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
if Iggy and his bloated contract is so valuable the Warriors would not have had to attached a 1st round pick to dump him.
The only way I see a team trading for him is one looking to dump salary for an expiring contract.

Overall I think that's true but I do think the Dallas rumor might have some legs to it and all it takes is one team and Iggy has no say in the matter. The Mavs have Hardaway Jr.'s contract which is pretty close in dollars (18.9 vs. 17.1).

I don't know how much the Mavs value THJ. They needed him for salary matching to get the KP trade done but if the Mavs value Iggy more and the Grizz want a young asset in THJ , it's doable if the Mavs are willing to sweeten the pot with draft pick(s). THJ has two years left on his contract as opposed to Iggy's one. I also never overlook Cuban's desire to F with us whenever he can.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject:

Oh yeah, and it was magic that traded moz and dlo for cap space (and brook). I guess it worked out for us?
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

I like this signing. We really needed a player that can defend smaller guards and handle the rock (hopefully with at least some ability to shoot) and Bradley checks all the boxes. People are making so much about his decline in defensive metrics, but defensive metrics are notoriously difficult to create and almost always lag behind the offensive ones. Watching Bradley play, when healthy, he is a pesky defender. His handle is average and his playmaking is mediocre, but what do you expect for less than $5M per year? I really like this fit and think he can have a definite impact.

On Iguodala, it's not clear that keeping our MLE open will make an impact on our ability to acquire him. Whether or not the salary/deal signed after the buyout offsets against the bought out contract is a term to negotiate in the buyout process. Memphis may not want to give that up right now and Iggy might have to offer it up as an incentive to get bought out. In that scenario, there's no reason for Iggy to take anything more than the vet min exception ($2.6M), which will be offset against his old salary with Memphis ($17.6ishM) and save the Grizz some $$$. I think, if Memphis can't trade him for assets, the most likely scenario is that Iggy is bought out with offset included and he comes to the Lakers. And, how long can we keep our MLE open? What if we wait on Iggy and lose out on other players (like Bradley)? It made sense to move now.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Overall I think that's true but I do think the Dallas rumor might have some legs to it and all it takes is one team and Iggy has no say in the matter. The Mavs have Hardaway Jr.'s contract which is pretty close in dollars (18.9 vs. 17.1).

I don't know how much the Mavs value THJ. They needed him for salary matching to get the KP trade done but if the Mavs value Iggy more and the Grizz want a young asset in THJ , it's doable if the Mavs are willing to sweeten the pot with draft pick(s). THJ has two years left on his contract as opposed to Iggy's one. I also never overlook Cuban's desire to F with us whenever he can.

In that scenario, the Grizz are taking on MORE money and Dallas has to compensate them appropriately. What's that worth?
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
levon wrote:

How do you know?

Exactly. Memphis would want expirings back in return. Whose got 17m lying around to do that? Memphis is likely just playing hardball with Iggy to get him to lower his buyout cost or something by threatening to keep him until the trade deadline.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
levon wrote:

How do you know?

I REALLY hope Iggy gets bought out and decides to join the Lakers. But he's getting $17 million this year and is 35 years old. I don't think the difference between his veteran minimum and the RE is what will decide where he ends up. For other reasons, I think the same is true of Korver.

Giving Bradley the full room exceptions opens up scenarios where we can use his non-bird rights to retain him, and at 28 he can be a valuable rotational piece for this team going forward. That's a real concern for this roster. You could either do a 4-year, $24 million deal, or another 1+1 at 120% to get him to his early bird rights.

As a former Pelinka client, I can see their having made this kind of plan.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:

Me either. Could be over-reliance on some stats without looking at the big picture or context. Either way, I think folks will like him here. Just wondering how playtime will be distributed among all these guards - almost half our roster are guards
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

This guys has some crazy long arms. Watched a bunch of his videos. He steals the ball like no other, even when he has to switch on a bigger guy.

What is his wingspan?
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject:

^6’-7 ¼
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 10 of 62
Jump to: